• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Thermite

Ken said:
amazon_crave.jpg
steam_logo.png

All you need.

THIS. Once I discovered Amazon, I've never looked back.

Stripper13 said:
Not really the topic for BF3 beta arguments.

Needless to say, what I experienced is far more relevant to my opinion on the games potential, than reviews/impressions from a build I have yet to see.

Oh and of course the biggest issue for me were not glitches... but rather, a dull game with shitty visuals (on 360). I even managed to play Caspian Border on a friends Gaming Rig... and as nice as it looked... I'm just not a fan of military shooters. I think it's fair to say that DICE won't be 'fixing' the gameplay for me.

I have to agree with this, its not the glitches that bothered me but the gameplay in general. And its horrible looking at times on the 360. Ill buy it day 1 because its preorder and i cant be bothered to fuss with it now but i doubt its gunna get much playtime.

I hope they end up fixing alot of it via multiple updates.

MrBig

StalkerUKCG said:
I hope they end up fixing alot of it via multiple updates.
The gameplay is not going to be 'fixed'. If you're not in it for huge battles and large vehicle combat you're buying the wrong game.

MrBig said:
The gameplay is not going to be 'fixed'. If you're not in it for huge battles and large vehicle combat you're buying the wrong game.

Thing is thats what i was in it for, BF:BC2 was one of my favorite online games at one point, However i felt BF3 had a lot of problems with player recognition and the gunplay felt awkward and too spray and pray for me.

MrBig said:

Yeah, that's more or less what I realized during the beta. It was the same for BC2 as well. I really enjoyed the game for weeks and weeks... and then I realized the game just wasn't for me. I don't enjoy vehicles in games all that much... particularly when they're that powerful. The infantry combat is lackluster, and the objective game modes whilst interesting... got old quickly.

Battlefield, as with COD, gives you little to no fighting chance if someone gets the jump on you. I love that in Halo, in all but the most extreme power weapon/plasma grenade situations... I have a chance to turn around/find my enemy, and fight back. I can't expect any game that focuses on realism to give me that, so I'll likely just avoid these games until something more UT/Quake/Halo based comes along (or just continue playing Halo, wut).

Stripper13 said:
Yeah, that's more or less what I realized during the beta. It was the same for BC2 as well. I really enjoyed the game for weeks and weeks... and then I realized the game just wasn't for me. I don't enjoy vehicles in games all that much... particularly when they're that powerful. The infantry combat is lackluster, and the objective game modes whilst interesting... got old quickly.

Battlefield, as with COD, gives you little to no fighting chance if someone gets the jump on you. I love that in Halo, in all but the most extreme power weapon/plasma grenade situations... I have a chance to turn around/find my enemy, and fight back. I can't expect any game that focuses on realism to give me that, so I'll likely just avoid these games until something more UT/Quake/Halo based comes along (or just continue playing Halo, wut).

The final game's damage model will give you more of a chance to fight even if someone gets the jump on you, but it's still going to be a military shooter, so if that's not your thing, than it's probably not the game for you.

I love Halo as a arena shooter and I like military shooters like COD and Battlefield as well. For me, they both have aspects about them that make the game a lot of fun.

Also, didn't know that people didn't shop for almost everything on Amazon these days lol. Especially with the a free Prime membership (2-day free shipping on everything, sometimes 1-day), it's unbeatable, and outrageously easy to use.

I plan on picking up Arkham at midnight so I will have to go to either walmart or gamestop but all of my other pickups this year will likely be coming from Amazon. Gotta love that $20 preorder bonus.

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
I plan on picking up Arkham at midnight so I will have to go to either walmart or gamestop but all of my other pickups this year will likely be coming from Amazon. Gotta love that $20 preorder bonus.

I had to cancel my Arkham preorder today due to insufficient funds. :( Probably drop in price a week after release anyways, if other new games are anything to go off of...

Can someone explain the temporary ban system to me? I quit out of a game and it gave me a temporary ban. I then played 10 straight games but left the game because my teammates also quit and I got another ban. I don't remember it being this lame.

Ramirez

timmytheman123 said:
Can someone explain the temporary ban system to me? I quit out of a game and it gave me a temporary ban but then I played around 10 straight games and quit out again because my teammates also quit and I got another ban.

You're on probation dawg. It lasts for days, irregardless if you've played 3K matches without quitting, brilliant system.

Ramirez said:
You're on probation dawg. It lasts for days, irregardless if you've played 3K matches without quitting, brilliant system.

Haha you have to be fucking kidding me. I guess they don't want people to play their game. I am not one to "rage quit" but I just don't like staying in a game when I am the only one left on my team.

*Edit- my grammar sucks tonight, thanks beer

Ramirez said:
I take it that's not a real word? I use ain't, y'all, etc. Come at me bro.

Firefox didn't flag it as misspelled either, suck it down!

It's a double negative you fool

And in-browser spell checks suck

Ramirez said:
I had to cancel my Arkham preorder today due to insufficient funds. :( Probably drop in price a week after release anyways, if other new games are anything to go off of...
Bummer dude. Did AA get a quick price drop? Either way I will gladly throw my full price money at the batman. It will be a good pickup after all the holiday craziness settles down too though.

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
Bummer dude. Did AA get a quick price drop? Either way I will gladly throw my full price money at the batman.

I'm not sure, I just know Deus Ex is already down to 40 bucks, and I almost splurged on it at 60, I'll be fine without it at launch...

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I take it that's not a real word? I use ain't, y'all, etc. Come at me bro.

Firefox didn't flag it as misspelled either, suck it down!
Of course you would need to rely on something to help you spell. Here's a tip though: It's not a word! It's not even slang, bro.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:

Out of all the games I've gotten all of last year, the first half of this year and the games I'm going to get this Fall, the only time I actually spent money from my own pocket is $30 on Saints Row: The Third. Everything is paid for from trading stuff in to Amazon, survey sites that give Amazon gift cards (largest source), and credit Amazon gives for pre-ordering certain games. <3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
At the hotel right now. Beautiful night here in Florida. I'm fucking dying to play right now. I wish I had a box to just do 1v1s.

Whoever designed grifball to never end if no one scores is an absolute moron. Had some team of 4 people camp my team of 3 (had a quitter) for at least 20-30 minutes. I stuck around in the game at first because I figured it would end soon enough anyway. But nope. Round after round after round forced me to quit out. Great system...

PNut

Banned
Uncaged may be the worst MP map in the entire Halo franchise. Hands down. How is it still in this game? It blows my mind.

Dug said:
I dunno, Google Chrome usually catches all my errors...

I've had multiple browsers tell me certain spellings are wrong when they are not. I can't remember the specific words that it gets tripped up on of course, but trust me when I say they do.

Devolution said:
I've had multiple browsers tell me certain spellings are wrong when they are not. I can't remember the specific words that it gets tripped up on of course, but trust me when I say they do.

What I hate about in-browser spell check is when you misspell a word slightly, maybe one vowel, and it gives you words that are nothing remotely close to what you typed, but not the actual word you were going for.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi0106 said:
Lol blood, thanks bro.

It starts tomorrow. I think we'll play our first match at 7pm ish
Good luck, dooder.

Hitmonchan107 said:
It's in my top three favorite Reach maps.

Come at me, bros.
How the hell.

Top Bottom