• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Havok said:
An awful Jackie Chan movie?

That's also the name for the Classic playlist variant. Weird coincidence.
lol. Yeah. You got it.

It's playable at the NYCC showfloor tomorrow. Maybe we can lure Darkflight back for posting some impression.

New announcement: New series: Maxi-Series will kick off on Waypoint. Red VS Blue Maxi Series will debut in Fall (I.E Autumn)

Red Vs. Blue is always nice, right?

Terminals will be viewable on Waypoint once you unlock it

Oh nice.

Kujo

MrBig said:
Better be a way to "analyze" without kinect. Could be mapped to a d-pad direction.
Really should be able to use the standard headset as well, considering it's just single words.

Havok

Barrow Roll said:
Shanghai Noon is great, whatchu talkin bout.
It was better than The Tuxedo, if that helps.

Not that that's saying much.

Duncan, I'd guess it was a Rambo/Commando reference, since they never run out of ammo.

Hypertrooper said:
Another video: first look: Kinect: Voice commands: Scsnning like Metroid Prime when you say: Analyse
Can say: Reload/Grenade etc - extended video on Waypoint
7 minutes for extended video on Monday it seems
Analyse mode: You can scan certain items and then look at info/models of them in the Library mode.

I think you guys wanted this, right? Waypoint integration. Damn. That sounds awesome.

Edit.: HANG'EM HIGH FOOTAGE! New version is called High Noon. Lol. Shang High noon comes in my mind. Do you get it?

Oh shit. =D

How long til we can see footage online?

Man it stinks I had to give up my trip to Comic Con, everything was payed off etc. Never have been to something like it either.. ah well, there is always next time.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Oh shit. =D

Man it stinks I had to give up my trip to Comic Con, everything was payed off etc. Never have been to something like it either.. ah well, there is always next time.
He mentions a 7-minute long video on Monday. :) But there will be definitely some Hang'Em High footage tomorrow, when it is playable for the public.

Karl2177

MrBig said:
Yeah, there was some RTS game that did that a while ago.
Oh god, Tom Clancy's EndWar? The voice commands were so shitty. It actually did what you wanted it to do maybe once every ten attempts.

Hypertrooper said:
He mentions a 7-minute long video on Monday. :) But there will be definitely some Hang'Em High footage tomorrow, when it is playable for the public.

But I no want to wait. =(

But seriously, cant wait. Well, even if I have to. =P

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Demoncarnotaur said:

There's a 7 1/2 minute all up campaign behind the scenes video hitting Waypoint on Monday as well as a 2 minute sizzle video showing off Hang Em High/High Noon that we're sending out to media.

If that's not enough there are also two additional videos showing off updates to the Waypoint console and mobile apps.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
End War was pretty shitty though.

Also a lot of developers have said Kinect's built in voice recognition software is awesome.
It was just an example of it being possible. I've never played the game.
There's no reason for it to be restricted to the hardware, the software on the xbox itself should be what is interpreting the commands.

lybertyboy said:
There's a 7 1/2 minute all up campaign behind the scenes video hitting Waypoint on Monday as well as a 2 minute sizzle video showing off Hang Em High/High Noon that we're sending out to media.

If that's not enough there are also two additional videos showing off updates to the Waypoint console and mobile apps.
The problem is "on Monday" in this post

Edit.: Still thanks for clarification. :)

lybertyboy said:

You made me a happy person, I love behind the scenes stuff. Mix that in with Hang Em High and I think we are in for a treat.

But alas, monday. Was cam footage allowed?

wwm0nkey

343 for all future panels you have please before you have people line up ask them to only stand up if they have been keeping up on news. It really does feel like a waste for someone to ask a question that has been answered a billion times.

wwm0nkey said:
343 for all future panels you have please before you have people line up ask them to only stand up if they have been keeping up on news. It really does feel like a waste for someone to ask a question that has been answered a billion times.
You have to do this test, before asking your question:
Question One: Did you know that Halo: CEA is a remake of Halo: CE?

Voice commands? That reminds me of something.

SSXjy.jpg

"Switch to the pistol! SWITCH TO THE PISTOL! Teabag that motherfucker... TEABAG HIM, TEABAG HIM!! Ah fuck it, just bark like a dog."

Rickenslacker said:
Voice commands? That reminds me of something.

http://i.imgur.com/SSXjy.jpg[img]

"Switch to the pistol! SWITCH TO THE PISTOL! Teabag that motherfucker... TEABAG HIM, TEABAG HIM!! Ah fuck it, just bark like a dog."[/QUOTE]
G4TV reference?

bobs99 ... said:
I agree with you to an extent, but I remember you being pretty bitter about Halo 3 and im sure as hell bitter about Reach. Sometimes it comes down to personal preference. Those guys LOVED Halo 1 and so didnt enjoy losing the Pistol etc. I LOVED Halo 2 and 3 and so I hate losing the BR and the combat dynamics of those games.

The guys that were amazing at Halo 1 would have been amazing on live if it existed, but im not sure where that comes into it. Its one thing to say that they are trash etc its another to actually look at the game mechanics they liked and see why they enjoyed those mechanics more than the ones introduced in H2. Personally I enjoyed the step up but I can see why those guys were gutted.
Well said! It can definitely go both ways.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Very disappointed at content being locked behind a Kinect shaped pay wall. I'm saddened that there could be content on the disk that I can't ever see or access just because I don't own Kinect.

Crucio

Slightly Live said:
Very disappointed at content being locked behind a Kinect shaped pay wall. I'm saddened that there could be content on the disk that I can't ever see or access just because I don't own Kinect.
Really? What kind of content are we referring to?

orznge

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Its just those CE Purists are so annoying "DUDE I HAD THE SICKEST 3 SHOT PISTOL".

That shit is so annoying who gives a fuck that shit was trash and didn't have Live. If it did, I probably would have been better than them anyways.

H2 BR supremacy. Adapt you bad CE kids.

yo like I know this is a joke post but whats even funnier is that there are literally thousands of people who post the same things in earnest

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crucio said:
Really? What kind of content are we referring to?

According to Darkflight,

Analyse mode: You can scan certain items and then look at info/models of them in the Library mode.

The Library mode with a model viewer and information about things scanned in Analyse mode - Kinect exclusive.

Disappointing stuff about the model viewer. Even though it would be a niche feature, it shouldn't be outrightly exclusive like that. Hopefully it is something 343 will note when implementing features into further titles.

Unless we are all wrong...

kylej

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Hopefully it is something 343 will note when implementing features into further titles.

Kinetic is a big deal for Microsoft, and Anniversary is a 'new' Halo game developed and published by a wholly-owned subsidiary. It's just business.

Rickenslacker said:
No? Lifeline reference. Shitty PS2 game from Konami that was controlled by voice, and allowed you to make the main character bark by telling her to. :D
I thought the bark thing was something X-Play did. I didn't realize it was something actually in the game. :lol

kylej said:
Kinetic is a big deal for Microsoft, and Anniversary is a 'new' Halo game developed and published by a wholly-owned subsidiary. It's just business.
I get that, but Mass Effect 3 utilising voice commands and Forza 4 with head tracking for camera movement and that Ghost Recon game that lets you take apart and customise guns are fantastic ways of further justifying the cost of Kinect. Features that add another brick to the '4th Wall' of immersion are what 343 should be adding as optional features.

Then again, what am I saying, I won't see a smartphone app I can use as long as I still have my HTC :p

ElRenoRaven

Barrow Roll said:
Shanghai Noon is great, whatchu talkin bout.

I agree. Damn fun movie. It's like oh what's the one's he did with Chris tucker? It's like those but set in the old west.

MrBig said:
Well the invincible while vehicles are indestructible glitch isn't know to everyone.

That was the biggest thing that pisses me off with the games. I was like oh I'll make totally classic settings with indestructible vehicles. Then A friend and I tried it and you couldn't kill him on a mongoose. I was like WTF?!?!?!?! Then I cried cause I couldn't make 100 percent classic gameplay.

Slightly Live said:
According to Darkflight,

The Library mode with a model viewer and information about things scanned in Analyse mode - Kinect exclusive.

GODDAMN IT!!! See that shit pisses me off. Oh it's nothing special we were told. That to me is pretty damn fucking cool and seems pretty special but not buy a 150 dollar hunk of shit special. I'm seriously starting to think twice about this. Shit that could be done with a fucking mic requiring a damn 150 buck addon is just bullshit.

Top Bottom