• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

neoism

cory021 said:
Question abut the TU bloom change. I originally thought that having 85% bloom meant that the reticule expanded only 85% of it's size per shot. But in the Bulletin it's sounding like having 85% bloom only affects the maximum bloom, meaning that the reticule can expand to only 85% of it's size.

Both options sound okay, but altering only the maximum bloom will reduce the penalty of spamming, but change nothing to pacing.

Also, if the Bulletin is the complete list of TU changes, doesn't that mean that automatic weapons won't receive a bloom change as well? I enjoy using the AR, and when I do I burst fire it like a Battle Rifle, but even then I can hardly compete against almost any DMR user. Improving the DMR will only make the probability of me getting a kill against a DMR user smaller, if my chances aren't already slim enough.

EDIT: OT6 is about 28 hours old, and it's already about 5% to 20,000 posts.
By time the H 4 is out we will be posting more than playing lol I am on a lot. I guess most of you like complaining/talking about REACH more than playing it. :p

TheOddOne

Tunavi said:
No firefight in Halo 4

fucking casuals
2hi9ee1.gif

Louis Wu

Ramirez said:
Seriously, a 130 dollar cat helmet that you could actually wear? Marked down to like 90 bucks by the end because no one was buying them, lol.
Well, it was $80 marked down to $50 at the end, but... yeah, they were pretty lame anyway.

Ramirez said:
Another random shirt with a shotgun(not even a Halo shotgun!) on it that said "Ask me about my Zombie plan"
That's a Red vs Blue shirt, and apparently they sold pretty well.

(I was saddened by the lack of cool stuff in the commisary, too, but these two things you got a bit wrong.)

I do have to give Louis Wu credit for wearing a HaloGAF shirt one day at PAX. He even got some flak from the other HBO guys for his traitorous attire.

I think I saw Cocop in the halogaf grenade shirt, although I never got the chance to introduce myself. I'm not shy at all, I just hate approaching people that look busy. This polite quirk of mine us why I only shared a sentence our two with Frank. I'll do better at PAX East and Prime next year when everyone has more time to relax.

ncsuDuncan said:
I do have to give Louis Wu credit for wearing a HaloGAF shirt one day at PAX. He even got some flak from the other HBO guys for his traitorous attire.

I think I saw Cocop in the halogaf grenade shirt, although I never got the chance to introduce myself. I'm not shy at all, I just hate approaching people that look busy. This polite quirk of mine us why I only shared a sentence our two with Frank. I'll do better at PAX East and Prime next year when everyone has more time to relax.
Don't ask me. I was very nervous every day. Cocop and Voc was very friendly. You know Louis Wu is an awesome HaloGAF user not like the others who didn't wear a HaloGAF shirt lol.

neoism

vhfive said:
I will never say that but

Remember the days we use to play Halo 3? That was the shizznit

fo' real it was. Some of my fondest gaming memories come from Halo 3 customs
yep I looove Reach but this soo much. Customs were waaaay funner in 3.

Hypertrooper said:
Don't ask me. I was very nervous every day. Cocop and Voc was very friendly. You know Louis Wu is an awesome HaloGAF user not like the others who didn't wear a HaloGAF shirt lol.
Dude, don't even! :lol I was super broke when the opportunity arose to buy the shirts in time for PAX. (I couldn't even afford the HBO shirt.)

Hypertrooper said:
You said something very mean to me on Friday. I'll never forget :^/ I'm still crying. :^(
you have time till PAXeast or PAXprime next year
As soon as I remember what I said, I'll make a note to make it up to you in the future.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Dude, don't even! :lol I was super broke when the opportunity arose to buy the shirts in time for PAX. (I couldn't even afford the HBO shirt.)
You said something very mean to me on Friday. I'll never forget :^/ I'm still crying. :^(
you have time till PAXeast or PAXprime next year

For the record, I'm wearing a NeoGAF shirt in the Waypoint vid. It isn't an official HaloGAF shirt, but it does have a vaguely Halo-like design.

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
That's pretty nice of him. <3

Crucio said:
This is exactly how I felt after watching Firefly. So much awesomeness. Fox can go to hell for damning it.

Be sure to watch Serenity afterwards! :)
already on my Amazon cart :)

neoism said:
yep I looove Reach but this soo much. Customs were waaaay funner in 3.
Does anyone know what happened to Numbers? Last thing I remember him posting was that paperbag avatar he made for Dax, a couple of years ago.

JB1981 said:
One thing about Reach that makes it hard to go back to Halo 3 is the speed of the matchmaking. Even in playlists with a few hundred people it's super fast

That's because, in Reach, matches aren't made. The foulest scrubs are tossed in with online monsters every. single. game.

thee henery said:
The foulest scrubs are tossed in with online monsters every. single. game.

No I'm not...I mean, no they aren't...

I wonder if the mismatches are more frequent because the non-casual population fled Reach in greater numbers than the casuals?

As for maps: Would 10 MP maps really be ok? They need at least 4 for each player count (8-man FFA, 4v4, 8v8) and granted there's some crossover amongst those categories...but I think we should expect more than 10.

I still think they should make a couple of 4v4 arena style maps that are actually structures within a BTB map. Kill zones could be placed around the structures to keep players from wandering out of them in 4v4s. One map w/ multiple uses. It's almost TOO easy to work.

Just another example why guests should really have their onw playlist: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=780839709&player=Robbert014

I got a perfection rampage with 3 guest in the enemy team and 3 guests on my team. I don't mind getting those but I just want some competive matches with preferably no guests in them.

The ones on my team weren't that bad but the guests on the other team were uther garbage. I pittied the other guy on the enemy team because that could have been me right there but just now, he was on the receiving end.

Bregmann Roche said:
No I'm not...I mean, no they aren't...

I wonder if the mismatches are more frequent because the non-casual population fled Reach in greater numbers than the casuals?

As for maps: Would 10 MP maps really be ok? They need at least 4 for each player count (8-man FFA, 4v4, 8v8) and granted there's some crossover amongst those categories...but I think we should expect more than 10.

I still think they should make a couple of 4v4 arena style maps that are actually structures within a BTB map. Kill zones could be placed around the structures to keep players from wandering out of them in 4v4s. One map w/ multiple uses. It's almost TOO easy to work.

Nah he's right, I think they compromised better matches with faster matches. Like a nerd I'd totally do homework between match set ups, there is literally no time in Reach to do that.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
You get a notice that you are missing recommended DLC, but not required. You can play in those playlists.

From the vidoc:

nerds.png

What a bunch of nerds. Especially that dude doing the thumbs up thing. Stealth Ghaleon sighting somewhere in there. I'm in the vidoc twice but have something in front of my face both times. :lol

I'm on the very top left. Alison was wanting to hop up there so I was just glancing at her. :p

Speaking of, did anyone manage to spot my two HaloGAF shout-outs/easter eggs in that video?

feel

Domino Theory said:
I'm on the very top left. Alison was wanting to hop up there so I was just glancing at her. :p

Speaking of, did anyone manage to spot my two HaloGAF shout-outs/easter eggs in that video?
If it's the stuff written on that board yes, I mentioned it. :) If it's other stuff do tell.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:
If it's the stuff written on that board yes, I mentioned it. :) If it's other stuff do tell.

Oh and I wore your shirt on Friday, it even got me noticed just before I was boarding the plane to Seattle when two chicks came up to me and said "are you going to PAX?" and we just chatted a bit prior to boarding. Same goes with another chick who saw the BELI343 and thought it was the best shirt ever.

Ram and everyone else copped out by waiting until Saturday, though. :( I was hoping we could've had a HaloGAF squad roaming around with the same shirt on Friday, but noooo. :p

PNut

Banned
Tha Robbertster said:
Just another example why guests should really have their onw playlist: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=780839709&player=Robbert014

I'm starting to notice this a lot lately too. My last 2 games last night in Squad Slayer, here and here, were 2 and 3 guest accounts against a full team of 5. Get's really boring after a while and just end up running around with plasma pistols.

Edit- It's really bad in objective. It's like the system doesn't care to try to make the games equal.

feel

^ hehe

Domino Theory said:
Oh and I wore your shirt on Friday, it even got me noticed just before I was boarding the plane to Seattle when two chicks came up to me and said "are you going to PAX?" and we just chatted a bit prior to boarding. Same goes with another chick who saw the BELI343 and thought it was the best shirt ever.

Ram and everyone else copped out by waiting until Saturday, though. :( I was hoping we could've had a HaloGAF squad roaming around with the same shirt on Friday, but noooo. :p
I know what the ladies like. You're welcome for all the easy sex throughout the weekend.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I wish I could have talked to Voc more there, he was always busy talking to peoples. Spotted him a few times in the Halofest area, but only really got to talk to him once or twice.

Other than that, I just lost the you reminisce you lose game. But it's worth it. Awesome times.

Tell us your secrets, Voc

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gabotron ES said:
Matchmaking/HaloGAF customs happening tonight?

I haven't played much Halo all week so I think it's about time I fixed that.

Customs 3 hours from now.

If we have enough folks to run a few games, it'd be cool, if not MM awaits.

Trasher

Che!!!!!!! I miss that dude. Last time I saw him he was at PAX 08, but still working for Forza at the time. Wish I coulda gone this year because I probably would have actually seem him more than just once for a brief encounter haha.

Letters said:
I just know you, Ram and Trasher are holding back a bunch of halofest pictures on us. Drop them!!!!
-_- If I had been there, I assure you, there would be hundreds of pictures of Nutter GAFers already spammed in this thread.

Devin Olsen said:
What a cool party you guys were all at, looks like it was a lot of fun.
oh-he-mad.jpg

Roche

Dani said:

Awesome, I'm gonna jump in for a few games this time around.

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
Heh - I was enjoying the controversy. I wore my Destiny shirt to the Halo 4 panel. ;)

You trouble maker you. Really a competitors shirt at Halofest. How dare you. ;p

Dani said:

You know I think I'll be on around that time. I'm sure some of the group has me on their list. I'll gladly handicap....errr.......play with everyone.

Dani said:
GAFCUSTOMSSEPT.png

1AM GMT+1
2 Hours and 45mins aprox. from now.

Details to join will be posted when it starts.
Paypal me $10 to secure spot!

Requesting a spot.

neoism said:
By time the H 4 is out we will be posting more than playing lol I am on a lot. I guess most of you like complaining/talking about REACH more than playing it. :p

At school, in certain classes I can post on forums, guess what I can't do?

Louis Wu said:
Well, THAT sounds suggestive.

I remember no funny moments at PAX, at all. You must be mistaken.
I'm German. It must be very funny for you Americans that I remember it! :p

I'll so join Customs today!

Louis Wu

Hypertrooper said:
I'm German. It must be very funny for you Americans that I remember it! :p
lol - seriously? You're gonna tell me there was a funny moment with a woman at PAX, with my wife standing over my shoulder as I read it, and then NOT ELABORATE?

Don't make me show up on your doorstep for divorce funds. :)

Louis Wu said:
lol - seriously? You're gonna tell me there was a funny moment with a woman at PAX, with my wife standing over my shoulder as I read it, and then NOT ELABORATE?

Don't make me show up on your doorstep for divorce funds. :)
Oh! Man! lol. Give me you paypal address! We German still have a German Honor and I can promise your wife that nothing happened what she is thinking right now. Still I excuse for this embarrassing moment you had and I have right now.
I still can PM you the moment? :p

GhaleonEB

I freaking love that the community is listed as HaloGAF. We've arrived.

darthbob, I know you live in Saint Helens as I do. Do you have a "my other car is a Warthog" license plate frame? Because if so we live two blocks from each other. :lol

GhaleonEB

omg.kittens said:
Five Firefight maps?? Yall are straight trollin', that number is way too low! I'd say 12-15 MP maps and 8 FF maps is a reasonable minimum. And c'mon, FF maps are easy since they're based off of Campaign environments.
I'm of the quality over quantity mindset. Reach shipped with eight Firefight maps, but I only wanted to play on three of them after the first month or so (Corvette, Courtyard, Beachhead). So if we get five unique, versatile and fun Firefight maps, yay.

I just hope the game engine is reworked so things like crates and ammo boxes can be moved around, and the netcode gets an overhaul.

Top Bottom