• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tawpgun

Good news: Finally situated in my Dorm in Boston.

Bad news: Still need a TV and to register my Xbox with the school or something like that.

Hopeful News: Might be getting a TV tomorrow.

P.S. KyleJ come visit. With Yoda backpack.

Retro

Since customs are so full, maybe start a second group?

Or we could test my terrible map until people start to feel nauseous.

Be on in like 5 minutes.... GT: Retrogames... you know you want to try it.

Blinding said:
Randomly out of the blue my Reach tells me that I need to purchase DLC, which I already have. :l
Did you recently purchase Bungie Pro? If so, delete the receipt from your hard drive and it will solve your problem.

Dug

Banned
Awww shoot, I didn't know we were having customs tonight! Curses! :p

(P.S.: Changed my gamertag to LeeroyPinkerton, if anyone cares.)

kylej

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
P.S. KyleJ come visit. With Yoda backpack.

Riding motorcycle in Boston. Do not want.

I'll definitely meet up with you scrubs for PAX East though. Gotta cleanse all those nerds in person.

Trasher

Thermite said:
DESE MAPS
The reason customs are dead these days:

c58704f.jpg

THIS GUY

<3

Ken

Hypertrooper said:

I wished that GAF customs played 4v4 or 5v5s on competitive gametypes and maps, while Forged maps would be played and tested in a separate Forge customs. I'm sure people will disagree and say that customs should include fun and silly gametypes, but I can only play NASCAR so many times before I get bored. The GAF 'tryouts' customs for the tournament a few months ago were some of the better customs sessions I've had in Reach.

Blinding

squidhands said:
Did you recently purchase Bungie Pro? If so, delete the receipt from your hard drive and it will solve your problem.

Yup, I did, didn't even going through my head that would be counted against the DLC count. Thanks. :>

Gabotron ES said:
Wrong, it is "You can suck my balls Hypertrooper".
I was laughing so hard, who said it?

Good games guys, <3 Hypertrooper.
HaloGaf is loving me? Damn What should I do if you guys find out that I ain't gay?

I want to know that too!

Trasher said:
Goldeneye 64 map? Really?

It's one of the few maps I had and I wanted to see how stupid it was lol.

Hypertrooper said:
Devolution: Reach needs Medium sized map
*Devo promoted to leader*
*Devo chose map*
Map is big with big rooms lol. Medium sized?

I never even played it lol. I had no idea.

Booshka

Invite if there is space open. I have Defiant DLC, just not Noble, doesn't sound like it matters since you are playing Forge World abominations.

ElRenoRaven

Oh damn. I take back everything I ever said. I see why people complain about forgeworld and framerate. I've never gotten a headache till that the Foundation remake forgeworld map. It's framerate literally gave me a headache.

PsychoRaven said:
Oh damn. I take back everything I ever said. I see why people complain about forgeworld and framerate. I've never gotten a headache till that the Foundation remake forgeworld map. It's framerate literally gave me a headache.

It was like a strobe light was going off in that one room.

PsychoRaven said:
Which one did you play on? my foundation remake "Extension" has no frame rate issues and is very well forged. Link.

Blinding said:
Yup, I did, didn't even going through my head that would be counted against the DLC count. Thanks. :>
Just wanted to save you some trouble. Took me nearly two weeks to figure it out. Derp

ElRenoRaven

Gabotron ES said:
Which one did you play on? my foundation remake "Extension" has no frame rate issues and is very well forged. Link.

No clue. Dani is hosting. All I know is rooms would flash the way it was laid out and the framerate was just awful. I can't begin to figure out how bad it was. All i know is my head is throbbing still after having played it and we played one more map afterward that was the first Forgeworld I've liked that wasn't a remake.

And it was fun guys. I wasn't kidding about handicapping the teams I was on was I? lol

Ramirez

Letters said:
I just know you, Ram and Trasher are holding back a bunch of halofest pictures on us. Drop them!!!!

Hopefully no one was taking pics of me randomly puking in bushes in Seattle.

Louis Wu said:
That's a Red vs Blue shirt, and apparently they sold pretty well.

(I was saddened by the lack of cool stuff in the commisary, too, but these two things you got a bit wrong.)

Hmm, had no clue. It wasn't a very appealing shirt to me either way. Also had no idea the helmets got marked down to 50, I wonder if anyone got suckered into buying it full price? lulz

Heh even customs really need headlong.

Good games, sorry about that goldeneye labyrinth.

Also for 8v8 (oops) the hosting was pretty good. =o

Flipyap

Dani said:
Thought I'd post this here.

A quick look at the concepts and ideas behind Halo 4.

Also, we're just opened up the Forward Unto Dawn Article and Concept Art Gallery. We're hoping to make it the definitive collection of officially released Halo concept art (and FUD article gallery) and we're just starting the project so there's more to come.

That's a good summary and I appreciate the shout-outs, but I'm afraid I have to crush your dreams of swimming with space whales.

There are a few frames where the object comes into focus, and it's clearly a human aircraft of some sort. Looks like a cross between a fighter jet and a pelican.

pAOT2.png

Oh, and if you're into that sort of thing, here's a full-sized, pointlessly huge version of the stitched up monstrosity.

Retro

Ha, I suck so bad compared to regular HaloGAF. Only kills I got tonight were lucky sticks, the occasional beatdown and maybe 5 or 6 actual kills. I'm way too quick to melee, I end up whiffing half the time.

Ken said:
I wished that GAF customs played 4v4 or 5v5s on competitive gametypes and maps, while Forged maps would be played and tested in a separate Forge customs.

We used to have ForgeGAF nights, usually about the same time regular GAF Customs went on (about 8 EST). People stopped showing up.

And in that vein... Beach 1.5, supports 5v5, Team Slayer only at this point, still in the weapons and spawn placement phase. But you guys might like.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
Heh even customs really need headlong.

Good games, sorry about that goldeneye labyrinth.

Also for 16v16 the hosting was pretty good. =o

Yea the games never lagged except on two forgeworld maps and that was purely the frames dropping and not actual connection lag.

Ken

Flipyap said:
There are a few frames where the object comes into focus, and it's clearly a human aircraft of some sort. Looks like a cross between a fighter jet and a pelican.

Looks like a Pelican to me.

Top Bottom