• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crucio said:
I would love for Waypoint to be a integrated experience in Halo 4.
At least in the fall update there will be a "Play Halo" button, inside Halo Waypoints UI.

A "Play Halo" button? They never stop bushing boundaries. =P

Tashi0106 said:
Bloom sucks. I'm done with this game

What happened?

Also obligatory:

04984551596955915.jpg

Donat said:
Woah, I just managed to catch up with all the threads (>5k posts).
I hope everyone had fun at Halofest, I'm still sad I missed it. Maybe next year.

Also, the ragequit medal NEEDS to happen. (TU2!)
Save a lot of money. Flight + hotel costs for us Germans about $2,000. Except you'll take part in a competition where only 7 other guys will be taking part. I hope I can manage to fly to PAXprime.
Maybe I will even skip 3 days of school for it

Right now I'm considering PAX east for alternative.

MrBig

Woorloog said:
By the way, any timeframe when Operation Chastity comes? It's another fan film in case someone doesn't know it.
The props and art in Faith are an embarrassment. Chastity looks really good.

wwm0nkey said:
Ok well next month with the beta hoppers but oh well lol

I really hope Frankie or David uploads the Zero Bloom game type the day the TU hits though.

Can you imagine, mm will be a ghost town, everyone will be in custom games. Then an hour later 90%
(I exaggerate but that's how it feels sometimes)
of the player base will go back to mm because they don't get credits in custom games despite the sweet gameplay.

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
i think that is coming in the new update this fall
I hope so.

And I remember Frankie saying we would get Podcasts on the Xbox app before Waypoint launched.

Both would be nice.

Hey You

JB1981 said:
Man I am getting Donged on left and right tonight.. Why doesnt reach have merc slayer ?
A Mercenary Slayer and Objective playlist would be very nice. It would make going in Solo sometimes much more tolerable.

ib4neverplayalone

Edit: Has the Recent Screenshots feature on BNet not been working/extremely slow for anyone else? I used to be able to take screenshots in Reach, then go straight to Bungie.net and they would be there. Its been 20 minutes and no screenshots yet. I hope they didn't disable that feature.

I'm ashamed that HaloGAF's ragequit medal didn't include some kind of backwards J. Especially since you were even bouncing around the "scarlet letter" idea.

Shame.

btw. Roche guy: YOU NEED DEFINITELY THE DLC MAPS! Buy the Defiant mappack pls. If I lived in the USA, I would pm you already a code... :/

Seeing a video of Installation 04 and I really want to hook up with three other guys and play classic style ODST firefight on this map. Would be so awesome.

kylej's posts are like a graveyard for optimism.

But one of those cool graveyards that's littered with beer cans and condoms from all the sweet parties the townies throw amongst the graves.

Tawpgun

Attention HaloGAF: Tawpgun will be rated for atmosphe- donging by tomorrow afternoon sometime.

TV is acquired. Need to set everything up.

FyreWulff

I will admit that I favor web Waypoint over 360 Waypoint for what may seem a petty reason:

Because 360 Waypoint clears my recent films.

Here's an idea don't make an objective game type in which red or blue gets a hilarious advantage on spawn.

Fuck sword base as blue.

Trasher

Devolution said:
Yeah it was either oddball on swordbase or multiflag/neutral bomb on tempest. Great fucking choices.
Reach is just full of that kind of great stuff! It's like a flower in full blo.....oh fuck it.

Dani said:
Never played 1-sided objectives on Halo before?

Those are actually balanced out by rounds. So you can be on either side of the fucked up mess. Oddball though doesn't switch it around so that red team gets fucked as hard as blue.

Yea why does red team not spawn bottom level in that glass like room they can choose to go either snipe and up red lift or up the other lift and blue can either go towards lift or try and grab snipe...

It took them 60~ish kills to get 150 oddball seconds on us, it only took us 30~ish kills to get 137 seconds. If we switched to slay mode a little harder we could have won. Plus that end we really fucked up. On bottom level and then let them stay down bottom level and not push em up top.

Tempest doesn't fit in Team Objective.

It was a loss/loss really.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea why does red team not spawn bottom level in that glass like room they can choose to go either snipe and up red lift or up the other lift and blue can either go towards lift or try and grab snipe...

It took them 60~ish kills to get 150 oddball seconds on us, it only took us 30~ish kills to get 137 seconds. If we switched to slay mode a little harder we could have won. Plus that end we really fucked up. On bottom level and then let them stay down bottom level and not push em up top.

Tempest doesn't fit in Team Objective.

It was a loss/loss really.

There was also the great equalizer that is evade and sword.

/sarcasm

wwm0nkey

I just tested out that modded (extra objects) forge world map....not a single frame skip or techno light party going on at all.

Havok

Devolution said:
Here's an idea don't make an objective game type in which red or blue gets a hilarious advantage on spawn.

Fuck sword base as blue.
Don't worry, soon Oddball will be cut entirely instead of putting it on maps that actually make sense for it (whats a symmetry?), the same fate as the full-of-potential Stockpile. In it's place will be Hockey or whatever other random Action Sack gametype they feel is good enough for the limping, wounded beast that is Team Objective.

On another note, decided to mix it up with some Co-op Campaign, got a pretty good consensus on ONI Heroic with 3 votes. Start of game: all three players quit out one by one. Never change, shitty population.

Not a great Halo night.

Top Bottom