• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez said:
lol, you all shouldn't let Stephen string you along like this. He's been exposed as a fraud Halo white knight, just leave it at that. At least Noobs has tried to get into the discussion, Stephen makes no attempt to become a part of the community, just ignore him...

On a lighter note...here's my prints I picked up, hopefully the picks don't come out huge.

smokingindoors.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

I think my son was more excited about the arrival than myself...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/elijH.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Those prints are gorgeous.

Edit: Quoting for new page.

GhaleonEB

Make sure he doesn't start eating those packing peanuts. My daughters at that age thought they looked like popcorn. :lol

Nice prints.

The reminded me...I really wonder what Truth and Reconciliation will look like in CEA. Bungie planned to start showing how the Flood infection altered the world, similar to what was in later games after their outbreak. It would be pretty cool to see the reissue put a very different visual style on the level to differentiate it from AotCR.

Tawpgun

I yoink on purpose sometimes. ESPECIALLY if I was fighting the guy first. Regardless of how well I was doing. That one scenario you gave is is 100% Grade A Jerk Behavior. Everytime you betray someone you should label yourself as the jerk and commit suicide. I want to Hi Five every player thats ever booted you.

Regarding you assassinating a player and someone on YOUR TEAM coming up and yoinking it on purpose.... I can see why you'd be a bit upset. You'd love to see that pretty assassination finish and get awarded your kill. I realize that.

But then you actively try and betray him for it. Fuck. I hope they get the option to boot every time you do something that retarded. He got a kill from the team. People steal my kills all the time. Sometimes I joke around saying "Hey that was mine!" most of the time I either thank them (because every time you engage someone you should call it out so people can help) or just move on.

You are effectively betraying people for kill stealing. Don't even sugar coat it. It's a selfish, douchey thing to do.

And Devo was right on the money. Yoinks are a my design thing. There's even a goddamn medal for it. You are betraying someone for netting your team a kill. The intent for allowing friendly fire was a design decision so you think twice between shooting/nading into an area your team is in. It wasn't so you could betray someone. The game is designed against that, hence the boot options.

The fact that you're trying to justify this is mind blowing.

YOU ARE BETRAYING SOMEONE FOR HELPING YOUR TEAM BECAUSE YOU GOT ALL MAD YOU DIDNT SEE A PRETTY ANIMATION AND A KILL POINT NEXT TO YOUR NAME.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DEFEND THAT? HOW DO YOU EXCUSE THAT.

For someone so against slaying towards the end of objective matches, something the game allows you to do with no punishment, and something the game arguably promotes (whether by design or not) by gifting you credits for longer games and commendations for killing...

I thought you were above things like this....

Ramirez said:
lol, you all shouldn't let Stephen string you along like this. He's been exposed as a fraud Halo white knight, just leave it at that. At least Noobs has tried to get into the discussion, Stephen makes no attempt to become a part of the community, just ignore him...

On a lighter note...here's my prints I picked up, hopefully the picks don't come out huge.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/smokingindoors.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/IMG_1979.jpg[IMG]

I think my son was more excited about the arrival than myself...

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/elijH.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I bought these two prints too. Unfortunately I had to furl the Smoking indoor art so it fit into a mailing tube. Still have to buy frames :/

[QUOTE=squidhands]lol

Those prints look insanely bad ass, Ram. Are those Alien eggs in that first one? Hard to see on my phone...[/QUOTE]
A mix between Flood and the Aliens egg.

ElRenoRaven

A27 Tawpgun said:
I yoink on purpose sometimes. ESPECIALLY if I was fighting the guy first. Regardless of how well I was doing. That one scenario you gave is is 100% Grade A Jerk Behavior. Everytime you betray someone you should label yourself as the jerk and commit suicide. I want to Hi Five every player thats ever booted you.

Regarding you assassinating a player and someone on YOUR TEAM coming up and yoinking it on purpose.... I can see why you'd be a bit upset. You'd love to see that pretty assassination finish and get awarded your kill. I realize that.

But then you actively try and betray him for it. Fuck. I hope they get the option to boot every time you do something that retarded. He got a kill from the team. People steal my kills all the time. Sometimes I joke around saying "Hey that was mine!" most of the time I either thank them (because every time you engage someone you should call it out so people can help) or just move on.

You are effectively betraying people for kill stealing. Don't even sugar coat it. It's a selfish, douchey thing to do.

And Devo was right on the money. Yoinks are a my design thing. There's even a goddamn medal for it. You are betraying someone for netting your team a kill. The intent for allowing friendly fire was a design decision so you think twice between shooting/nading into an area your team is in. It wasn't so you could betray someone. The game is designed against that, hence the boot options.

The fact that you're trying to justify this is mind blowing.

YOU ARE BETRAYING SOMEONE FOR HELPING YOUR TEAM BECAUSE YOU GOT ALL MAD YOU DIDNT SEE A PRETTY ANIMATION AND A KILL POINT NEXT TO YOUR NAME.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DEFEND THAT? HOW DO YOU EXCUSE THAT.

For someone so against slaying towards the end of objective matches, something the game allows you to do with no punishment, and something the game arguably promotes (whether by design or not) by gifting you credits for longer games and commendations for killing...

I thought you were above things like this....

I will just say my one thing about this. This quote is 100 percent the truth. Now back to trying to discuss stuff that isn't just pathetic.

Now back to those prints. I can't stop looking at those. They are just freaking awesome.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
Make sure he doesn't start eating those packing peanuts. My daughters at that age thought they looked like popcorn. :lol

Yea, he was more interested in ripping them into a thousand pieces, much to his dismay they are now trashed and vacuumed. :p

He is 1 & 1/2 Devo.

Oh, and they're from Halo Fest Raven, really the only thing they had worth picking up, IMO. There were like 3 more, 2 old Reach artworks, and the Glasslands cover. I really wanted the Glasslands one, but didn't pick it up in the end. The Let's Rock one is from Comic Con this year from what I've gathered, and the Smoking Indoors was a HaloFest exclusive.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
I will just say my one thing about this. This quote is 100 percent the truth. Now back to trying to discuss stuff that isn't just pathetic.
Footnote before I go back to work and hopefully miss the rest of the conversation: Of the 20 assasinations I have in MP, only two were intentional. I actually thank players that yoink me because the assasination animation gets me killed half the time.

Hydranockz said:
She can ignore me all she wants but it's this attitude that runs against everything I believe. People can misinterpret just as I believe Wu had done. Wu's opinion shouldn't carry any more weighting over anyone else's here especially the opinion of the dude trying to explain himself. Wu was just voicing how he interpreted the actions. This isn't a hivemind mentality. HaloGaf is scarily diverse. It's good, not bad. I welcome the different opinions. Striving to see what people love about Halo and discovering someone new who likes something in Halo that is so different to everyone else is fascinating and should be welcomed here. Instead we get posters who insult, condescend and berate these posters. It's unfortunate and shit happens.

I treat every post as my first. If people know me, fine. For the most part, people don't know me. HaloGaf is an amazing place when things are good. Why can't we all just get along?

2ntwtxe.gif

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Footnote before I go back to work and hopefully miss the rest of the conversation: Of the 20 assasinations I have in MP, only two were intentional. I actually thank players that yoink me because the assasination animation gets me killed half the time.

I'm actually pretty good when it comes to my assasinations succeeding. I don't get them too often but if it's yoinked i really don't care because as mentioned it's a point for my team and at the end of the day all I give a damn about is having fun and my team winning. That's one reason I think my K/D is so low because when it's a team game I make it a point to help out. Be it defending on an objective game or just supporting whoever has it. If it's a slayer I'll gladly lob grenades and start shooting at someone in the hopes it takes their attention off a teammates. Course this usually is while I'm low on health or shields but amazingly it works. They turn and kill me and by then the teammate is reloaded or finishing them off.

Farooq said:
Assassination animations are fucking stupid.

Just another shitty addition to Halo mp.

That's not true at all. They are optional, gorgeous, and when I see someone being assassinated across the battlefield it just makes me feel like the people I am fighting are more... real I guess.

ElRenoRaven

Farooq said:

I actually really like Assassinations. They were the one very cool addition from Reach that I really really liked. Also as beaten too they are totally optional. You can just quickly hit melee or you can hold and assassinate. It's totally your choice.

Farooq said:

eh they're alright, I just wish they were more varied and weren't so inconsistent.

also, make their name "executions," make back-smacks "assassinations" again, and make pummels "beat downs" again please and thank you

PNut

Banned
Farooq said:

Isn't it an optional thing?

Is there a way to quote multiple posters at one time?

Gui_PT

Farooq said:

They prove that you have skill and 343 need to fix the problem of assassination animations being cut off halfway through. If my friends can't see the animation, how will the know that I'm a pro?

Striker

Farooq said:

At least they're optional, whereas the other new additions to Halo MP, like the vehicle boarding stun, simultaneous deaths, and not being able to get out of your vehicle during a hijack are stoned on you and you can't do anything about it.

ElRenoRaven

Striker said:
At least they're optional, whereas the other new additions to Halo MP, like the vehicle boarding stun, simultaneous deaths, and not being able to get out of your vehicle during a hijack are stoned on you and you can't do anything about it.

Exactly if anything I don't like the stun when jacked. Half the fun of being hijacked was being able to hijack it right back. It was a really interesting time. It was a very nice tug of war.

Retro

Farooq said:

Nah. Nothing feels better than getting killed in a really cheap manner by somebody (Derp, I'm gonna sit in a tree and pick people off fresh from a firefight), sneaking up on their ass and stabbing them in the back of the head.

It feels really rewarding to not just kill someone who is otherwise ignorant of your presence, but to do with with flair just adds that little extra 'fuck you for being so stupid, here's an animation for you to watch while you die." Love doing it to campers.

Love assassinations. Probably too much. People are constantly apologizing for Yoinking me (I don't mind, a kill is a kill and everybody knows it including the victim) and I've often put myself in positions where I assassinate and somebody rounds a corner and... well, you know.

I always did have a taste for the dramatic though.

stephen08

Assassinations are great but they shouldn't be able to be yoinked, and there should be a more unique trigger like maybe a second button instead of melee to make it more intentional.

I'd also like to see more unique animations for the weapons a la Gears of War. The sword one is great but a hammer one could be even better.

Blinding

PNut said:

Supposedly, but a majority of the time when I go for a normal assassination I end up getting the animation anyways, regardless of how fast I hit the button. :l

PNut said:

I just right click "quote" and open each one I want to quote in a new tab and copy/paste. If there is a better way I'd love to hear it.

And yes, it's optional technically, but a lot of the time you can just hit melee and get locked into an animation you didn't want to start

Ramirez

Can you believe that assassinations were going to be the only form of a behind beatdown at one point? *shudder*

Showstopper is the best Halo medal ever though, the announcement that accompanies it is so good.

Hyper, finding frames is a real problem for me, I live in a crap place with no access to a professional framing place, and Wal-Mart, etc. don't seem to carry the size I need.

I also have this print as well and never could find a proper frame for it, ended up just sticking it to the wall, so lame. :(

file_48_13.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Jelly.

lybertyboy said:
Just had a conversation at the studio regarding the TU release date. Does that meet your needs?
Uhh, yeah! You've always known how to please me, Ellis.

Retro said:
It feels really rewarding to not just kill someone who is otherwise ignorant of your presence, but to do with with flair just adds that little extra 'fuck you for being so stupid, here's an animation for you to watch while you die."

Love assassinations.
Yup, same here.

PNut

Banned
Blinding said:
Supposedly, but a majority of the time when I go for a normal assassination I end up getting the animation anyways, regardless of how fast I hit the button. :l

Yeah, used to happen to me a lot using the Recon controller setting but I switched to default and it seemed to help.

Farooq

Banned
A27_StarWolf said:
That's not true at all. They are optional, gorgeous, and when I see someone being assassinated across the battlefield it just makes me feel like the people I am fighting are more... real I guess.

To me they were an attempt to attract gamers who like executions in Gears of War.

It doesn't add anything really to gameplay, except to slow it down.

If it was meant to be something akin to a teabag, I get far more riled up after being teabagged than assassinated.

Not only does the person who is performing the assassination have to wait, the guy who is getting assassinated has to wait. And the animations take a long ass time to end.

To me it is just more bullshit to attract 12 year olds.

Gui_PT said:
They prove that you have skill and 343 need to fix the problem of assassination animations being cut off halfway through. If my friends can't see the animation, how will the know that I'm a pro?
They'll see the person you assassinated quitting out not long after :p

Those prints are awesome. I seriously love "classy" gaming art like that and am always on the look out for stuff to decorate the apartment with.

Ram, those are awesome!

Meeting about TU release, Ellis pushes surprise release this afternoon, he uploads a couple of Anniversary gametypes, and rides off into the sunset a glorious hero.

Retro

Farooq said:
If it was meant to be something akin to a teabag, I get far more riled up after being teabagged than assassinated.

Except tea-bagging is inherently more juvenile and is always done after a kill, and is often performed regardless of the kill quality (lol Halo Honor). An assassination, on the other hand, is the kill, and actually takes that little extra bit of skill to sneak up on somebody.

Yeah, it's flashy and meant to look cool. Nothing wrong with that. Feels good, man.

Edit: I get tea-bagged by people who have single digit kills and are down by half. I've never understood how someone who is losing (and so badly) thinks they're 'pwning' me by getting in a lucky kill with, say Rockets.

Woorloog

Banned
Ramirez said:
Can you believe that assassinations were going to be the only form of a behind beatdown at one point? *shudder*
That would've been interesting concept... too bad it is not possible to toggle this on in Customs. Could make make interesting game types with that.
IMO Assassinations are the best addition to Halos in Reach. *thinks for a moment* There was something else i like as well but... Oh well, 1 good thing added, a gazillion made bad.
EDIT oh yeah, the second good thing in Reach is the Falcon.

PNut said:

thezerofire said:
I just right click "quote" and open each one I want to quote in a new tab and copy/paste. If there is a better way I'd love to hear it.

And yes, it's optional technically, but a lot of the time you can just hit melee and get locked into an animation you didn't want to start
Quick Quote, Reply, And Edit. Good times.

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
They'll see the person you assassinated quitting out not long after :p

But there's no animation for that!

And why are people complaining about assassinations? They're super short and they're optional.

Why complain about something you don't have to do?

I swear to god, HaloGAF is getting worse with the complaining as time goes by. Maybe it's the new members or maybe the senior members are getting old, but this is depressing.

Ramirez said:

Showstopper is the best Halo medal ever though, the announcement that accompanies it is so good.

Hyper, finding frames is a real problem for me, I live in a crap place with no access to a professional framing place, and Wal-Mart, etc. don't seem to carry the size I need.

I also have this print as well and never could find a proper frame for it, ended up just sticking it to the wall, so lame. :(

http://www.animegarden.co.nz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_48_13.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I have a friend who would litterly not play Reach if that was the case. He'd rather be betrayed while assassinating then get one.

About the discusion: I can get into stephan's thoughts. I too hate it when the guy I safe by assassinating the enemy who was killing him yoinks me. I'll only betray my friends though when that happens :lol

Retro

Gui_PT said:
I swear to god, HaloGAF is getting worse with the complaining as time goes by. Maybe it's the new members or maybe the senior members are getting old, but this is depressing.

God, quit being such a downer all the time. (I kid).

GhaleonEB said:
But killing the sniper on your team for sniping?

and I didn't say I do that but whatever, I don't want to reiterate because I know it can be annoying for those who are not taking part in the discussion but still reading the topic.
Some of you (not you in particular) btw should just learn to not make things personal, junior or not. Be classy halogaf eh.
And since I'm here, neoism that "I hope I'll never play with you" or whatever it was, it was uncalled for and offensive. Thank you :/

I just beat down people in the back since any time I pause for a while I'm either leaving myself open to get shot or not helping a team mate.

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
PsychoRaven said:
I actually really like Assassinations. They were the one very cool addition from Reach that I really really liked. Also as beaten too they are totally optional. You can just quickly hit melee or you can hold and assassinate. It's totally your choice.
Like people have said, the problem is the button is really inconsistent. If I'm in the middle of a firefight and I go to assassinate the guy I end up holding the button down too long despite it feeling like I didn't.
Not to mention its super annoying you cant assassinate someone mid assassination.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Two feet? Wow, bet they'll look sweet when framed up.

BTW, who here has the most Assassinations? Just curious. I'm currently at 909 in multiplayer.

Striker

Woorloog said:
That would've been interesting concept... too bad it is not possible to toggle this on in Customs. Could make make interesting game types with that.
IMO Assassinations are the best addition to Halos in Reach. *thinks for a moment* There was something else i like as well but... Oh well, 1 good thing added, a gazillion made bad.
The best two new weapons, the grenade launcher and plasma launcher, are two that should be kept and be introduced in Halo 4. The plasma launcher is pretty damn solid for a fight-for neutral weapon in BTB maps. And unlike Rockets and its large splash damage in Halo 3 and Reach, would work better in 4v4 map variants.

Top Bottom