• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Nope, but If I did it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Hes only temporary, so I wouldn't expect it. He was probably hired to entertain the community and keep us updated on Bungie Aerospace games.
What gives you that impression? I know it was a contract position, but wasn't Stosh contract for years?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So halo 4 takes place on Sigma 7?
Interview

Comparing Halo to Star Wars? Holy shit, why hasn't anyone ever done that before? *rolleyes*

I'll admit that it's interesting to see how a site can turn a lack of new into a three page story though. Gaming journalism. To be fair to them, they've managed to source a lot of the existing quotes on Halo 4 and frame it all nicely. Although seems like they missed out on the interesting quotes from the hour long interview video that was on some site, I think maybe GamePro or something recently - recorded after HaloFest.

Can anyone give me a link to an official source that names the Forerunner planetoid "Signma 7"? I can't seem to find anything official.

wwm0nkey

Somehow, before the Chief even arrives on Sigma 7, the UNSC are already in place, isolated from Humanity's forces and their new Covenant allies beneath the Shield World's impenetrable exterior. And if there are Covenant forces stranded on the Shield World too, who's to say anyone got the memo about the war being over? The Covenant and humanity are all smiles and handshakes elsewhere but beneath the steely shield, both factions will be isolated and alone.
Well damn

Bogus information. There's several theories explaining the stuff seen in the Halo 4 art video and that's one of them. If CVG are running fan theories as actual information then Bnet could keep them busy for years.

This post reminds me, do we have any idea or hint as to what the planet is? In my opinion after viewing all of the terminals it seems like
The Didact?
is going to be the bad guy or have something to do with things.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HALOfAF EXXXCLUSIVE HALO 4 PLOT LEAK DETAILS!!1

Halo 4 features the Master Chief landing on the Forerunner shield world Blobium 8 in the burnt wreckage of the Forward Unto Dawn. With Cortana, his only companion, facing the onset of rampancy (AI death) Master Chief must explore the vast alien world for a possible aid to save his companion.

The Master Chief quickly finds out he is not alone and that Blobium 8 is home to vast multi-species civilization, the Smegia, that has been sealed away from the rest of the galaxy. For hundreds of thousands of years the Smegia have been protecting the ancient tomb of the Didact, a Forerunner Promothean warrior.

Awoken from his eternal slumber by the destruction of the Halo array, the Didact will begin his campaign to lead the Smegia on Blobium 8 to restore and use the Halo array. In a race against time, the Master Chief must find a way to save his closet friend and stop an ancient evil from plunging the galaxy into darkness.

Water and guns.

Contacting Kotaku right now! =)

No.

That location and name was taken from some fan-produced misinformation that's been floating around for months.

Everyone seemed to be telling me I was wrong a while back when I said Master Chief had been in space in cryo sleep for a long time, I think this quote confirms that he has, indeed, been in there for a long time:

"There's some fairly radical modifications to his armor," O'Connor said. "Some of those are an artistic evolution, but some are connected to the story. We just can't talk about it yet. He's been in space for a long time."

This leads me to the conclusion that he gets out of cryosleep to go do something, then goes back into cryosleep for some reason?

Everyone seemed to be telling me I was wrong a while back when I said Master Chief had been in space in cryo sleep for a long time, I think this quote confirms that he has, indeed, been in there for a long time:

"There's some fairly radical modifications to his armor," O'Connor said. "Some of those are an artistic evolution, but some are connected to the story. We just can't talk about it yet. He's been in space for a long time."

This leads me to the conclusion that he gets out of cryosleep to go do something, then goes back into cryosleep for some reason?

Nanobots!

CyReN

Master Chief Will Change in Halo 4, And Cortana will be different, too.

343 Industries has confirmed that we won't see the same old Master Chief in Halo 4. In a new interview, Halo franchise director Frank O'Connor has confirmed that Chief's armor will undergo some changes in the new game.

According to O'Connor, Master Chief won't be the only one who's different in Halo 4. Cortana will also have evolved since we last saw her in Halo 3.

"Seven years is the lifespan for a smart AI before it enters a state called rampancy," O'Connor said. "Cortana was getting close to the end of her natural lifespan at the end of Halo 3 but she has been exposed to far more information than any other AI in existence. She's going to develop some muscle from that process but it also contributes to her rampancy - that much information makes things worse."

O'Connor added that Halo 4 should be a great beginning to the new Halo trilogy and that it will bring back the same sense of discovery fans are used to from Halo.

"The most important thing for me in the whole series is the sense of wonder and mystery," said O'Connor. "We're definitely going back to that air of exploration, and putting in some surprises that I think people will like."

Source: CVG.

feel

Got a new message from Disembodied Soul (the profile who sent the Halo 3 F&F beta invites) on the Bungie app and got a bit too excited.

2jwWE.png

Top Bottom