• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Number 4 on here, I think.

Show him this whole video, some real gems in here.
There was definitely a longer clip posted at some point... It was a bit better. Had more tension, and made the eventual killer even funnier. I can't find it, though. :-\

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
There was definitely a longer clip posted at some point... It was a bit better. Had more tension, and made the eventual killer even funnier. I can't find it, though. :-\

yup. also, a lot of those kills in that video were pretty lame. the charging sniper on countdown was cool though

Kuroyume

Banned
Well, I hate the AR in multi-team.

Oh, mid size maps like Countdown where you run around cramped hallways? How about a nice bullet hose to accompany your nade spam and retarded melee lunge? We'll throw in bloom for your enemies that prefer precision weapons and we'll also toss in Evade in there for you to make things even more stupid.

Fucking Bungie

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yea, I was kind of baffled as to why they left it in. I thought maybe it was supposed to take the Maulers place of an up close quick kill, but it has the range too, so it's broken.
I don't think MLG left it in, it's still v6 just without bloom and sprint. Hopefully for v7 it's removed completely.

Yea, I was kind of baffled as to why they left it in. I thought maybe it was supposed to take the Maulers place of an up close quick kill, but it has the range too, so it's broken.

Not sure why they don't put the Shotgun back in their settings. It was in v1. Reach Shotgun is great.

MLG will be considering a bunch of changes and new maps now that they are making settings for the new season, so changes will be happening.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not sure why they don't put the Shotgun back in their settings. It was in v1. Reach Shotgun is great.

MLG will be considering a bunch of changes and new maps now that they are making settings for the new season, so changes will be happening.
I hope Oasis and Nexus go away for good in favor of Anniversary maps like Beaver Creek. Mmmmmm Beaver Creeeeeeek

I hope Oasis and Nexus go away for good in favor of Anniversary maps like Beaver Creek. Mmmmmm Beaver Creeeeeeek

If CEA maps make their way into MLG settings, than I might start playing the playlist.

They need to put party matching into the MLG playlist. It's definitely in Anniversary Classic and I think it's in Team Objective now as well. Makes for a much better experience.

Also, a Sanctuary with the proper sightlines. Are you fucking kidding me with that?

Ramirez

If CEA maps make their way into MLG settings, than I might start playing the playlist.

They need to put party matching into the MLG playlist. It's definitely in Anniversary Classic and I think it's in Team Objective now as well. Makes for a much better experience.

Also, a Sanctuary with the proper sightlines. Are you fucking kidding me with that?

Party matching has been in the game since Halo 3, it's just really hit and miss. The last time I played Anny Classic I was paired with a set of 2 guests against a pair of 2's, definitely not 100%. ;)

darthbob

oh yea

twM9n.jpg

Check your PMs.

Party matching has been in the game since Halo 3, it's just really hit and miss. The last time I played Anny Classic I was paired with a set of 2 guests against a pair of 2's, definitely not 100%. ;)

Well I haven't been matched up against a TO4 when I go in as an individual, so that's certainly an improvement over MLG or TO before the changes where I feel like I match up against a TO4 when searching as an individual almost every damn time.

Karl2177

I think the 30 000 cR for doing a custom challenge got applied twice. I haven't played Reach since I did those customs, and according to the Bungie app I'm up around 60 000 cR.

heckfu

Banned
I think it was Tashi a couple days ago that said he couldn't figure out why the Zelda 25th anny CD had Kakariko Village listed as 'twilight princess' version. I'm almost positive the first half is just like the end credits of TP...so maybe that's why. Still not sure though.

MrBig

BTS: HaloWaypoint at Halo: Waypoint. Now watching!

Edit.: That Hoodie. It is maybe the best cloth on Earth.

Youtube mirror? Waypoint player is the worst video player I have ever had the displeasure to use. Quality is consistently terrible.

e: going into fullscreen and then backing out made it releode at a higher res for some reason.

Did MS release an XBL app for android when they released waypoint? I remember hearing something about that and am finally getting into the mobile OS game by getting an Android Thinkpad Tablet in Jan

Youtube mirror? Waypoint player is the worst video player I have ever had the displeasure to use. Quality is consistently terrible.

e: going into fullscreen and then backing out made it releode at a higher res for some reason.

Did MS release an XBL app for android when they released waypoint? I remember hearing something about that and am finally getting into the mobile OS game by getting an Android Thinkpad Tablet in Jan
They only released a Xbox app for iOS.

The mobile Halo Waypoint app released for iOS and Android, but the XBL app only released for iOS. I believe they said an Android XBL app would be coming soon.

I love the twist. Should be a gif with the tag "Hug me bro!"

"We think it's easier to find, and to understand this information, than it's ever been before"

I assume he's just talking about the stats, because boy oh boy, that does not describe the experience of trying to find the motion comics. Or the Halo: Reach commentary.
I tried out to find the motion comics on the mobile app. I needed 2 touchs and one slide to find them. Still a search feature would be neat.

FyreWulff

You mean that guy who drops sniper for the AR on Damnation?

I probably would too, that thing has like.. 3 useful firing lines. Halo 1 put snipers on just about every map. If Midship had been in Halo 1, they probably would have put a sniper on that too. I bet there was a Bungie employee that set up an autotrigger on his email for the phrase "what does this map need" to automatically reply "MORE SNIPERS"

I was actually thinking of the pre-release materials, not the TU newbies.

Good gameplay videos are a crutch for players who can't figure it out for themselves.

Good gameplay videos make for better trailers. Pretty much all the Reach videos have put me to sleep. They seem to be more of a chance to troll us than to actually show off the gameplay. The end of the Noble trailer still haunts me.

I really hate how each trailer now is just a montage of those stupid assassination animations. Show us gameplay, not the same animation I have already seen on a new map!

(maybe montage is a bit of an overexaggeration, but they always spend a decent chunk of time showing them)

Top Bottom