• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Hypertrooper said:
Not funny anymore. and a bit annoying.

You didnt answer my question, where did that achievement pic you posted come from. Thats 2 people with Halo CE:A now. TJ NutterB and whoever posted that pic.

Its not leaked anywhere on the internet so these are legit copies.

FyreWulff said:
Still can't sign into Live while playing, but here's some pics

http://i.imgur.com/o5N9P.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dZaXQ.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/75zGi.jpg[IMG]

All content in this post (C)2011 Gawker Media[/QUOTE]

4:3 image and no gamerscore icon for CE.

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltoya126zp1qzv9mho1_400.gif

quick someone submit a tip to Joystiq

Crucio

Why would Microsoft release a "preview" of the game two weeks before launch. I'm really confused. Guess being a member of the MGS Beta club payed off for them.

Yeah...

OK, what the hell. Yesterday, for no discernible reason, my router decides it's not going to assign my xbox an IP anymore. So, I just hook it up to my laptop, and that worked for a bit. Now it won't even let me connect though the computer, although the laptop can get on the net fine.

What the fuck.

The only ones who should have it early are me and Tashi and we should get written permission to stream it as everyone else gets jelly.

Make it happen 343.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thagomizer said:
OK, what the hell. Yesterday, for no discernible reason, my router decides it's not going to assign my xbox an IP anymore. So, I just hook it up to my laptop, and that worked for a bit. Now it won't even let me connect though the computer, although the laptop can get on the net fine.

What the fuck.
Both of my controllers stopped working yesterday... One works now, but it takes over a minute to start up. I'm afraid they're both gonna completely crap out right before Skyrim and CEA. :-(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
The only ones who should have it early are me and Tashi and we should get written permission to stream it as everyone else gets jelly.

Make it happen 343.
In glorious HD.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
In glorious HD*

*That a ton of people cant handle but then blame us!
Let's start an MLG team called Halo on FiOS. We'll never go to events though. Lol

omg.kittens said:
Both of my controllers stopped working yesterday... One works now, but it takes over a minute to start up. I'm afraid they're both gonna completely crap out right before Skyrim and CEA. :-(

I have enough difficulties connecting with other players in Dark Souls without having my network put out a "Dogs or Xbox need not apply" sign.

Plywood said:
150 down, but 35 up, what the fuck?

I believe residential side of internet always focuses harder on equipment that deals with high download speeds because residential receives more information than sends out. That comes out in price.

Server side internet should focus more on upload.

35M is crazy upload anyways lol.

Tashi0106 said:
I get 30/30. I pay for 25/25. Sometimes I get 40/30.

Yea my GF just got FiOS and hers is faster than mine it was like ~55/29 when I tested it. Lives like 15 minutes away from me.

On a related note, I play so much fucking better now that I have FiOS. Its unreal how bad the game played compare to how it plays now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
^Makes sense.
Slightly Live said:
My current download speed is 0.9MB/s. =/
20ebp.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ChenK said:
you're in NI aren't you, i thought they were better than the rest of the UK in terms of internet?

Yup and nope, internet services here are utter shite. Might be good in Belfast - those buggers get all the sweet stuff.

Slightly Live said:
Yup and nope, internet services here are utter shite. Might be good in Belfast - those buggers get all the sweet stuff.

Unlucky :(, I had speeds like that until fairly recently but I switched to BT infinity, 37 down/8 up, which was a big increase from 800 kb odd down and the same up, bit pricey though.

xxjuicesxx said:
On a related note, I play so much fucking better now that I have FiOS. Its unreal how bad the game played compare to how it plays now.
... I might be wrong but I am pretty sure you're experiencing a placebo effect.

Halo doesn't require much bandwidth to run properly, so unless you upgraded from dial up I don't see how you would see any noticeable difference in gameplay.

Karl2177

Devin Olsen said:

Halo doesn't require much bandwidth to run properly, so unless you upgraded from dial up I don't see how you would see any noticeable difference in gameplay.
It depends on what he had before. I run on 3/3 satellite, and when I play on 7/3 cable it feels so much better.

Devin Olsen said:

He'd probably pull host far more often which would have a noticeable effect as well as having a lower ping.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Karl2177 said:
It depends on what he had before. I run on 3/3 satellite, and when I play on 7/3 cable it feels so much better.
Difference there is satellite's crazy latency versus cable.

feel

Devin Olsen said:

Host.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HiredN00bs said:
Should have signed up for the preview. Ugh.
I've never heard of the preview before today. What is it and where do I sign up? :lol

omg.kittens said:
I've never heard of the preview before today. What is it and where do I sign up? :lol
They've been doing dashboard previews for a while now. I've done it before but didn't bother to this time. I just got a Kinect yesterday, so I could have actually tried out all the new shit, too.

Havok

I'm about 20 miles from Kansas City. Next year Google's superfiber should be up and running, which is probably enough to get me to change cities. Gigabit down sounds pretty good to me. All host all the time.

Top Bottom