• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Dropping the dollar on the GF feels good man
Snapping the collar of BK's in CE:A playlist feels good man

MA5C you know how i be, fyrewullfin, pulse shootin. Words from the creator, thank thy maker, o'conner up on ya, telling ellis to sprint its a easter egg hit.

Sai's got gaga on repeat, Tashi got MLG scrubs beat.
Ram dont hold his tongue, look what juices has done

Tawpgun

I_See_What_You_Did_There.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why are GAFers using actual portraits of themselves now?

Whatevs, I'll jump on it, too. Here's a sleepy + blurry iPod pic.

aDDiKt24

Banned
I did not understand the bold. They are being targeted disproportionally, but not treated unfairly? So, they deserve it?

I know that is not what you meant, but that is how I read that statement. Could you clarify?

My daughter plays online now and then, and I have configured her settings via parental controls such that she can't talk to anyone. Not just because of the content of typical online discourse, but because she is a girl, and would get an avalanche of filth shoveled her way. And has, on the few occasions she's talked online.

You have done the right thing for your daughter as you understand this issue is not going to go away. Putting in place the blocks your protecting your daughter from the things people say online.

Believing that people will one day stop giving people shit online because of their sexuality, country of origin and skin color because of some stigma attached to being a shittalker manufactured by discussing these issues, throwing them in the spotlight is a load of crap. I wish it was this simple. The best thing you could have done for your young daughters experience online you have done. Good work.

I love how everyone jumps on board the girl gamer bandwagon but the issue of racism which I feel is a much bigger issue online is left at the way side.

In reference to my comment about why I feel girls are not being treated unfairly is simple. Experience. I have been on xbox live for 7 years. If you have the xbox name - MissHottie47 or Gamerchick23 what do you expect? I feel sorry for the ladies that do have neutral names and still cop it but its apart of our society. Yes, girls will receive more attention be it negative or positive online, is this unfair? No! Its life! Shit talking is apart of online gaming and will be for the rest of our lives.

The Teabag - a non-verbal gesture which is an extension of telling someone to "Kiss my ass" or "Lick my balls"

Most people feel that from the space of their own living/bed room they can say what they want to whoever they want as it will have no effect on them going about their lives. When this is not true we might see somethings change, until then, embrace what we have now or don't venture into the big bad world that is online gaming

and it's SO good

Ugh, I want it so badly, but I can't bring myself to buy a 3DS.

You have done the right thing for your daughter as you understand this issue is not going to go away. Putting in place the blocks your protecting your daughter from the things people say online.

Believing that people will one day stop giving people shit online because of their sexuality, country of origin and skin color because of some stigma attached to being a shittalker manufactured by discussing these issues, throwing them in the spotlight is a load of crap. I wish it was this simple. The best thing you could have done for your young daughters experience online you have done. Good work.

I love how everyone jumps on board the girl gamer bandwagon but the issue of racism which I feel is a much bigger issue online is left at the way side.

In reference to my comment about why I feel girls are not being treated unfairly is simple. Experience. I have been on xbox live for 7 years. If you have the xbox name - MissHottie47 or Gamerchick23 what do you expect? I feel sorry for the ladies that do have neutral names and still cop it but its apart of our society. Yes, girls will receive more attention be it negative or positive online, is this unfair? No! Its life! Shit talking is apart of online gaming and will be for the rest of our lives.

The Teabag - a non-verbal gesture which is an extension of telling someone to "Kiss my ass" or "Lick my balls"

Most people feel that from the space of their own living/bed room they can say what they want to whoever they want as it will have no effect on them going about their lives. When this is not true we might see somethings change, until then, embrace what we have now or don't venture into the big bad world that is online gaming

As our world becomes more and more deeply connected through electronic media, the rules of civility will progressively take a stronger hold in those spaces, hopefully, to everyone's benefit, but especially for those who take the brunt of the mistreatment.

I couldn't believe it but it exists people who think that the CE Warthog is the worst vehicle in a Videogame. My opinion about the world got shattered after I heard it. What should I do? WHAT?! I can't trust humanity anymore.

I couldn't believe it but it exists people who think that the CE Warthog is the worst vehicle in a Videogame. My opinion about the world got shattered after I heard it. What should I do? WHAT?! I can't trust humanity anymore.

You gotta admit, their problem probably stems from the wierd ass controls you encounter the first time you play it.

Karl2177

I like how you people bitch about player inertia, but CE Warthog inertia is worse.

Top Bottom