• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Not sure if it's just coincidence but I've noticed that when the host goes to quit a match in matchmaking, it ends the game for everyone (hence the random game overs).

Akai__

Not sure if it's just coincidence but I've noticed that when the host goes to quit a match in matchmaking, it ends the game for everyone (hence the random game overs).

Not a coincidence. Friend quit the game yesterday twice and it ended the game in both cases early. It's hilarious.

Guerrilla

Any germans up for some customs tonight? Me and a friend of mine need some player, matchmaking is just too frustrating...

GT: Guerrilla M6

Toa TAK

Banned
Because after all these years its obvious Halo multiplayer is significantly better than the competition and even trudging through the massive bug shitfest that is the MCC - its still worth it because these games are so damn good.
Yup. Which hurts even more that this collection has been left to rot.

"The large majority of games are being played on dedicated servers." -343

Yeah its been obvious to everyone for a long time that this simply is not true.

Weird that the host is ending games, though. In my experience I just have host migration, which still makes it obvious.

mbmonk

Because after all these years its obvious Halo multiplayer is significantly better than the competition and even trudging through the massive bug shitfest that is the MCC - its still worth it because these games are so damn good.

Same for me. Bungie deserves the praise they have received with h1 - h3.

343 deserves... Well... Credit for trying maybe?

Havoc2049

It is my sincere hope that at this year's E3 and every single PAX and every other games industry event, if 343i has a conference/stage presence, they get boo'ed to the point where it actually delays and interrupts them.

They have not been raked over the coals publically. No. Not nearly enough.

EDIT: I'm talking wrestling-fan boo's, maybe even some chants, "You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up!"

It'll be interesting to see what happens for sure. Even if it was Microsoft's decision to release MCC in the state it was at launch and not 343i's, I think Microsoft needs a new face on stage to lead Halo beyond this mess. I think if someone like Bonnie Ross or Dan Ayoub show their face center stage, at a big public event with fans and press, they could get murdered on stage (figuratively speaking) by the fans and it could turn into a PR nightmare for Microsoft.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and since he is already working for Microsoft, if Microsoft put Joe Staten in a leadership position at 343i, it would instill confidence in the Halo community. I think if Joe walked out onto the stage at the next E3 during the Halo portion of the show, he would probably get a standing ovation instead of boos and it would be a PR home run for Microsoft.

BY 343 INDUSTRIES - 22 MINUTES AGO
Our upcoming content update is undergoing further testing, and will be available within the next few days. For now, a look at what will be included in below.

We’d also like to thank those of you who have been enjoying and providing feedback on the newly integrated Team Hardcore and Halo 4 playlists. As we mentioned earlier this week, other fan-favorite playlists, such as Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more are in the works and will be introduced in the near future.

UPCOMING HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION CONTENT UPDATE NOTES
Our upcoming content update focuses on UI, matchmaking, game-specific multiplayer and campaign, controls, and stability. We continue to work on additional content updates that will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that will be included in the upcoming update:

MATCHMAKING:
  • Improved matchmaking search success rates.
  • Made an update to reduce instances of “Awaiting Privileges” matchmaking errors.
  • Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
  • Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect “FIND GAME” screen.
  • Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
GENERAL MULTIPLAYER:
  • Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
  • Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
  • Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons
GENERAL CAMPAIGNS:
  • Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
  • Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
GENERAL MENU:
  • Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
  • Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
  • Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
CONTROL LAYOUTS:
  • Made an update to the Halo 2 Anniversary “Legacy” Stick Layout.
STABILITY:
  • Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.

Naked Lunch

Incremental updates need to go. Just fix this shit already.

This game needs to keep lobbies together - add from players from there. There is no more post game trash talking with this system. Im seeing no mention of the "uploading team stats" nonsense - hopefully that is addressed.

Kinda underwhelming given how long it's been since the last patch.

"Separate teams"
"Working through the holidays"
"Dedicated servers are on"
You know the drill by now.

Who the fuck thought that in H1 team slayer all players should start at the same base?

And finally, was there a single person who was like "wow fuck halo music I wish I could turn this shit down." Thanks for the patch. One of the few things that people loved early on while mp was completely nonfunctional.

That change was definitely a priority over the hundred other things.

Kssio_Aug

"Separate teams"
"Working through the holidays"
"Dedicated servers are on"
You know the drill by now.

Who the fuck thought that in H1 team slayer all players should start at the same base?

And finally, was there a single person who was like "wow fuck halo music I wish I could turn this shit down." Thanks for the patch you mother fuckers. One of the few things that people loved early on while mp was completely nonfunctional. You should just patch out everything i like and make this shit truly complete.

That change was definitely a priority over the hundred other things.

It seems to me that theyre addressing false issues just to make these patch notes bigger.

343i is may be the most ridiculous game developer nowadays.

I recently played original Sanctuary on Halo 2 wearing a pair of Astro A40s. Whoever did the sound mix for this stuff should be fired. The water is so fucking loud, you can barely hear anything else. Even when you're not near a base, it sounds like a continuous loud ass waterfall.

Akai__

I recently played original Sanctuary on Halo 2 wearing a pair of Astro A40s. Whoever did the sound mix for this stuff should be fired. The water is so fucking loud, you can barely hear anything else. Even when you're not near a base, it sounds like a continuous loud ass waterfall.

Have you played the H2A campaign with your Astro's? The sound is terrible in certain areas, for example every time a scarab shoots. Your ears will actually die for a second, because of the sound overmodulation.

An other thing are the wrong Halo 3 sound channels. You hear Sniper shots or Grenade explosions as if they were left from you, but in reality they were right from you. It's just stupid, because every sound is all over the place.

mbmonk

Have you played the H2A campaign with your Astro's? The sound is terrible in certain areas, for example every time a scarab shoots. Your ears will actually die for a second, because of the sound overmodulation.

An other thing are the wrong Halo 3 sound channels. You hear Sniper shots or Grenade explosions as if they were left from you, but in reality they were right from you. It's just stupid, because every sound is all over the place.

Since I didn't play these games on the 360 I just assumed that the old games had bad audio design. I had no idea that it was the port that messed it up.

I just thought it was weird. Glad to hear the originals weren't plagued by this issue.

I just don't see any future anything for this game. It's become a disaster sales wise. Was supposed to be perhaps the best selling Xbox One game and yet it just plummeted past the first week. Not even top 20 or top 30 in UK, barely charted on NPD for November, didn't even show up for December. The legs have been taken out from under it. ODST and Relic are easy solutions to try and dissuade some anger, provide some incentives for having bought the game, sort of like what Ubisoft did with Unity.

Whatever population remains is definitely too small to devote any meaningful resources making more maps for H2A or maybe porting Reach. So many refunded the game, and with beta ending, I'm certain many more will finally trade it in. Halo 5 isn't as bad as people thought and so 343 would rather focus on that come November and beyond. Just sad. This could have been one of the greatest game collections ever, instead, it's probably been the worst launched game of the modern online era.
Sad but true. If it wasn't for my Halo friends getting sucked into Destiny(Why?!?!!) the MCC fiasco would have sent a few of them to the funny farm.

Bread

Banned
I feel like this is true with Halo 2 Classic as well. Things are blowing up in my right ear but they are actually happening to the left of me.

HTupolev

Since I didn't play these games on the 360 I just assumed that the old games had bad audio design. I had no idea that it was the port that messed it up.
Halo 1 is based on the PC version and has a lot of graphical issues, and the original audio is entirely missing (outside of voices which were ported as part of the CEA audio).

Halo 2 is also based on the PC version. It has some visual issues in the same vein as those CE suffers from, but generally not as bad.

Halo 3 runs well, but the image is horribly washed out alongside a few other graphical quirks, and the audio didn't survive the port very well (weird mixing, directionality issues, some missing filtering).

dwells

"The large majority of games are being played on dedicated servers." -343
Whoa, whoa, whoa, 343 lied to their customers? No way!

It seems to me that theyre addressing false issues just to make these patch notes bigger.

343i is may be the most ridiculous game developer nowadays.
Sure does seem that way, doesn't it? "Hey, we don't have a clue how to fix the real issues to the game, so here's a few little tweaks to make it look like we were at least doing something during that month long hiatus."

Welfare

Spends 3 minutes searching a game of Halo 4.

Game picks Team Slayer over Legendary BRs.

Game crashes.

I don't know if I should rage or not.

Toa TAK

Banned
Spends 3 minutes searching a game of Halo 4.

Game picks Team Slayer over Legendary BRs.

Game crashes.

I don't know if I should rage or not.

Ha, I had the game crash on me yesterday on a Halo 2 Team Slayer game on Turf, 49-49, and once we got the winning kill, it crashed.

I'm not even mad anymore.

Toa TAK

Banned
Will we ever get File Share for The MCC available on HaloWaypoint?

As much as I really want this back, I can't imagine them even bothering to put in the time if the game can't even function 100%.

But yeah, my friend and I were talking about this yesterday. Kinda a bummer for the part of the community that loves to show off their creations.

Top Bottom