• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

I keep getting a message saying I have a new "video unlocked in extras" that I can't seem to get rid of

I've had that since launch. I've watched all the videos only to try and make it go away. It never ever does.
I havent brought it up because there is a whole short story's worth of bugs I am more concerned with.

Here are my experiences tonight after the patch before I just fucking gave up:

Oh my fuck the patch only made things worse. MUCH WORSE. In fact it actually went backwards, I am now having bugs that I havent had in a long time.
This started as just a few bullet points but I've been updating it with my continued experiences tonight after the patch. Location west coast USA, I've already tried hard resetting.

• I tried to get into a match and it put me and everyone else into a customs lobby. Thanks for bringing this one back, I was worried I'd never see it again.
  • Matchmaking sometimes gets stuck on the voting screen and allows me to vote twice, but the second vote doesnt matter. Thanks for bringing this back too. I missed it.
  • When viewing the player roster it now lets me select the "In Lobby" header and shows me who the LEADER of this "Dedicated Server" is. Thats new.
  • If I manage to get a real game. when that game starts it is then clearly not on a dedicated server. Rubber banding and host migrations galore.
  • Right now I am in a Halo 4 match that is glitching so bad it is literally unplayable and is going black every 10 seconds or so. It started off just doing it once or twice a minute but then it started cycling like wild.
  • Oh, the match ended at 250 points. In BTB.
  • I'm playing Halo 1 now and I see that the sniper rifle and the pistol (maybe more) no longer have any zoom sounds. This was fine at launch, got broken in a patch, fixed again, and has now been broken again. Make up your minds you sadists.
  • Okay well now I'm starting a new search and it just flat out failed. Got about 14 players and then didnt do anything. People left, then it actually said Host Migration in Progress and dropped everyone remaining. Now I'm just here alone and matchmaking isn't doing shit. It's been sitting there for about 10 minutes now and I havent given enough of a shit to do anything about it. Glad that we're back to November-calibre functionality.

Ramirez

Shame on a Microsoft employee encouraging customers to blindly pre-order a game that is online reliant on A DAY when xbox live friends etc. are down, and after its umpteenth patch MCC STILL IS BROKE OVER TWO MONTHS LATER!!!!!

Ya Larry let me get right on that pre-order....

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/557330643227377664

Look at the first response,

"Do I need to preorder the $80 edition tonight to get all bonuses? Or will it be available until 2/10?"

They're in the business of makin' money bruh.

Kssio_Aug

Just loaded my Xbox, installed the update, tried the matchmaking:
"Searching for players..."

Waited at about 3~4 minutes. Turned the console off.

This game has no salvation. Maybe in the future I go back to it to finish the campaings. I still have 10gb free in my HD, I almost erased it this week from there, but since we would have an update I waited. If I need to install a new game biger then 10gb, goodbye Halo.

Edit:
Ah, and also, I received no fucking compensation!!

Edit 2:
Just tried a refund. But no luck here. I bought the game with Amazon prepaid card, and they said they cant refund when that happens. Sad. =(
Anyway, I explained the situation and the agent just did not refunded me because of that... so for everyone that still thinks about a refund, I highly recommend to try.

Edit 3:
Wow, now I'm happy!! After contacting MS yesterday, they told me only the retailer seller (Amazon) could, maybe, refund me, since it was a prepaid card. So I contacted Amazon pratically hopeless, since I've not bought a retail game, and they do not refund prepaid cards. However I explained the whole situation to the Amazon agent, and said I contacted MS and they could not refund me, since it was bought by a 3rd party retailer prapaid card. The agent told me that, she alone, could not solve my problem but would inform it to others that had the power to do so. Then I received an e-mail saying they would open an exception by everything I related to them, and got my refund! =D

DJ Gunner

Parties still break up after matches end. What baffles me is how this was fixed two patches ago, broken in the last patch, and not fixed in the latest patch.

As someone who has held out hope patch after patch- I'm finally seeing that whatever is wrong with this game is simply un-fixable.

psychotron

Just loaded my Xbox, installed the update, tried the matchmaking:
"Searching for players..."

Waited at about 3~4 minutes. Turned the console off.

This game has no salvation. Maybe in the future I go back to it to finish the campaings. I still have 10gb free in my HD, I almost erased it this week from there, but since we would have an update I waited. If I need to install a new game biger then 10gb, goodbye Halo.

Edit:
Ah, and also, I received no fucking compensation!!

Edit 2:
Just tried a refund. But no luck here. I bought the game with Amazon prepaid card, and they said they cant refund when that happens. Sad. =(
Anyway, I explained the situation and the agent just did not refunded me because of that... so for everyone that still thinks about a refund, I highly recommend to try.

Edit 3:
Wow, now I'm happy!! After contacting MS yesterday, they told me only the retailer seller (Amazon) could, maybe, refund me, since it was a prepaid card. So I contacted Amazon pratically hopeless, since I've not bought a retail game, and they do not refund prepaid cards. However I explained the whole situation to the Amazon agent, and said I contacted MS and they could not refund me, since it was bought by a 3rd party retailer prapaid card. The agent told me that, she alone, could not solve my problem but would inform it to others that had the power to do so. Then I received an e-mail saying they would open an exception by everything I related to them, and got my refund! =D

Short version. Amazon is awesome and 343/Microsoft are jerks.

Kibbles

Wait weren't some posting about Microsoft support telling them to wait a little for patches and now that they've waited they still aren't giving refunds? lol

Kssio_Aug

Short version. Amazon is awesome and 343/Microsoft are jerks.
Pretty much this!

Wait weren't some posting about Microsoft support telling them to wait a little for patches and now that they've waited they still aren't giving refunds? lol
I think its wothy to try. I'm pretty sure that MS would refund me yesterday, if it wasnt paid with a gift card of 60 dollars. I was educated, and explained all the situation to the agent. Said I pre-ordered the game and it was almost unplayable since release, that I waited because of the promised updates and that after 2 months of these updates it still carries the same issues. She then tried to find it in my account but she could not, and explained to me that they cant refund games that were bought with 3rd party gift cards. But I think she would refund me if she could.

RdN

They took one month to deliver this patch, and it not only didn't do ANYTHING to help with the pathetic matchmaking, but it reintroduced bugs that were mostly fixed in previous update.

Really, what the fuck goes on inside that studio? How is it possible to have so much incompetence into a single team?

mcrommert

Banned
Has anyone tried it today? Xbox live was completely boned last night so tests last night are not indicative of anything...took me 30 minutes to get 3 friends into a party for destiny

anyone try it out today

Fuchsdh

Has anyone tried it today? Xbox live was completely boned last night so tests last night are not indicative of anything...took me 30 minutes to get 3 friends into a party for destiny

anyone try it out today

Will be tonight, but apparently my conditions have been more optimal than what people have been describing here for the last few patches.

empathe

SWAT list popped for me in about 10 seconds.
Got in to a 4v4.
Voting options were two SWAT and a Crazy King... OK...

1 person on my team quit immediately after we loaded and another was AFK.
We got steamrolled 4 v 2.
This is the life.

Welfare

Playing Halo CE after Halo 5, sprint is still not fucking needed in Halo.

Sucks that I had more fun with CE than Halo 5.

SWAT list popped for me in about 10 seconds.
Got in to a 4v4.
Voting options were two SWAT and a Crazy King... OK...

1 person on my team quit immediately after we loaded and another was AFK.
We got steamrolled 4 v 2.
This is the life.

Well you can't really blame 343 for idiots on the internet.

I just kind of wish they had introduced mid-game player additions if players drop out, like in CoD.

Spasm

They can punish people for AFK/quit.
That doesn't really stop many people from quitting and probably even gets abused by turds who want to de-rank.

I think it may be worth trying less stick, more carrot for once. There's gotta be a way to tweak join-in-progress that doesn't piss everyone off. For H5, I'd like to see...

1. If you quit a game, you suffer a loss. That's it. Maybe you could even earn a badge of shame if the team you quit on goes on to win the match, but that's as bad as it gets.

2. Join-in-progress is strictly opt-in only. Hardly anyone likes to join a lost cause. Only those that are up to the challenge, who specifically opt-in, will ever join a match in progress.

3. Incentivize JIP participation. Bonus XP, unique badges and banners, whatever.

4. Don't abuse participants. Don't ever give them two JIPs in a row (this drives me nuts in Titanfall).

I'm primarily a BTB player, so rampant quitting hits me pretty hard. I would love to see a workable solution.

Edit: Shit, I thought I was in the generic Halo thread.

Ramirez

That doesn't really stop many people from quitting and probably even gets abused by turds who want to de-rank.

I think it may be worth trying less stick, more carrot for once. There's gotta be a way to tweak join-in-progress that doesn't piss everyone off. For H5, I'd like to see...

1. If you quit a game, you suffer a loss. That's it. Maybe you could even earn a badge of shame if the team you quit on goes on to win the match, but that's as bad as it gets.

2. Join-in-progress is strictly opt-in only. Hardly anyone likes to join a lost cause. Only those that are up to the challenge, who specifically opt-in, will ever join a match in progress.

3. Incentivize JIP participation. Bonus XP, unique badges and banners, whatever.

4. Don't abuse participants. Don't ever give them two JIPs in a row (this drives me nuts in Titanfall).

I'm primarily a BTB player, so rampant quitting hits me pretty hard. I would love to see a workable solution.

I think JIP will return for Halo 5, just not for The Arena.

Sephzilla

This is why you don't punish them with deranks. You punish them by taking away their ability to even play. Quit a game? 15 minute penalty. Quit multiple games? Half hour.

Downloaded the update and my first two BTB matches are on Terminal. After having never played on Terminal since owning the game, I think this patch has fixed my issues.

EDIT: Nevermind, the second Terminal game never loaded. :lol

This is why you don't punish them with deranks. You punish them by taking away their ability to even play. Quit a game? 15 minute penalty. Quit multiple games? Half hour.

The problem is that the system would need to understand context. I think it should only penalize people who quit full games.

If I'm in a game that starts 4v4, but two people on my team quit and the incoming loss is very apparent, you can bet your ass I'm quitting.

I fully support JIP returning for non-ranked playlists and not being included in ranked. I like some of your ideas too. Halo has a legitimate huge problem with quitters and idlers. Sucks bad.

I wouldn't make JIP Opt-In only, I'd actually make it Opt-Out. That way the majority of the population (casual teenagers and young adults) that dont give a shit would automatically be enlisted, allowing a large pool to pull from. Anyone who has a problem can easily go into settings and opt-out. Everyone is happy.

If it was only Opt-In, most people wouldnt go out of there way to change the setting even if they didnt care. They wouldnt even be aware of it. Then the JIP player pool would be almost nonexistent and hardly functional.

Thought I'd try out the new patch and see what a months worth of working around the clock has yielded.

Open the game to a message telling me it gun b k

Right on! LFG!

Game 1. After several fruitless minutes of searching in TS, I switch over to the Halo 3 playlist. Several more minutes pass and rejoice, we have a game! I mean it's Team Slayer BR's on a map made for one sided objectives, Orbital , a real fan favourite but who cares we have a game

But wait...

It's a dreaded 3v2 on a map big enough for ten people. Which leads to a guy on the slighter team to quit. Walking round a map looking for one player woooo.

Right, so I quit that game because life's too short to walk around an empty map for ten minutes. On to

Game 2. Team Slayer BR's on a map made for one sided objectives, High Ground! Worthy of an insta quit in Halo 3's prime but this is the MCC and one takes what one is given as long as the teams are even...

Game starts 4v3. Guy on team of three understandably quits immediately. 4v2 for 10 minuteszzzzzzzzzz. Another game I quit after a few minutes using the power weapons. Crossing my fingers for

Game 3. Team Slayer BR's on Construct! OK, it's rubbish with radar but still, it works for slayer! Here. We. Go

4v2. One of the two quits early on and it's ten minutes of walking round an empty map. Quit!

Game 4. Team Slayer BR's on Assembly, definition of mediocre buuuuuuuuut

It's 4v4! Now we're cooking with gas. However

One guy is AFK

As is another

2 have quit

Oh and one of them was teleport lagging around. They all quit eventually and so the game ends.

Game 5. Switch to Anniversary FFA for a palette cleanser. This is the voting screen

2 Slayer's and an Oddball?

Pleeeeease be a BR start

8 man SMG start FFA on Lockout.

Yeah I don't play 8 man SMG start FFA's on Lockout

Game 6. Back to Team Slayer playlist for another spin of the reel's. BR's on the Pit, first genuinely quality, appropriate gametype of the evening.

And it's even teams! However

One of my teammates quits

And the other goes AFK

And that ladies and gentlemen, was that. All in chronological order and not cherry picked lowlights. That was my 60 minutes with the MCC on the 20th of January, seventy days since the game was sold to the public. Two things:

1) Fuck you 343/MS

2) If they ever sort out uneven teams, ranks are imperative in ALL playlists as a disincentive to quitting. Quitters and BK's will paddle around in the low ranks while people who actually want to play will move their way up given enough games.

Will this game ever be fixed?

Ramirez

That post should be sent to every news site around, tweeted to Phil Spencer, and whatever other dumbass decided to push this game out.

shrek

Banned
...Am I the only one who actually had a quality night of Halo this evening? As in no lag, fun matches, and even teams?

I wish they had actually fixed (or improved) the 3v3s or at least had an intelligent map selection or people weren't dumb and vote for BRs on standoff over BRs on Cold Storage.

Oddly enough, the Halo 4 playlist seems to get 5v5s most of the time, but it might be because the 4v4s aren't nearly as bad. Does anyone else notice this or am I just hallucinating?

On another note, I love Halo 4 in MCC since I can start with a BR and have good hit detection, but that's besides the point.

Naked Lunch

This game is still super broken when playing with friends. It will say host migration randomly - then half the party will get split searching for their own game and the other half will load a game of their own. This happens over and over since the new patch.

The uploading team stats nonsense is still there in the post game - where it randomly switches the leader and no one can hit B till the leader gets the message "players added to the game". If anyone does hit B early - everything gets fucked and you all have to dashboard.

There are a ton of issues with the game but its obvious the party system is one of the biggest culprits. Im all for a recall and complete redo of this shitty system. Its getting clear they have no clue how to fix this.

One more major beef: I have never seen an 8v8 BTB game since this game came out. Only teams of 6 or 7.

DJ Gunner

This game is still super broken when playing with friends. It will say host migration randomly - then half the party will get split searching for their own game and the other half will load a game of their own. This happens over and over since the new patch.

The uploading team stats nonsense is still there in the post game - where it randomly switches the leader and no one can hit B till the leader gets the message "players added to the game". If anyone does hit B early - everything gets fucked and you all have to dashboard.

There are a ton of issues with the game but its obvious the party system is one of the biggest culprits. Im all for a recall and complete redo of this shitty system. Its getting clear they have no clue how to fix this.

One more major beef: I have never seen an 8v8 BTB game since this game came out. Only teams of 6 or 7.

It is beyond apparent that no one knows what they are doing at 343. Two patches ago, parties were largely fixed. You could stay together before, during and after matches. Getting a party together was a bit of a crapshoot but for the most part worked. The December update broke this with the uploading team stats deal. Now the party system is even more broken after the latest patch. Can't we just go back two patches? At least then we could MM with friends on a fairly consistent basis.

Sephzilla

They may in fact have a dedicated team working on MCC fixes. But it's pretty obvious all of the A Team members of 343 are not on that team.

Im home today so fired up MCC for the first time post patch. I can't get into any playlist now. Tried for over half and hour. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Top Bottom