• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Will we ever get File Share for The MCC available on HaloWaypoint?

It's very important they do. I want to be able to download MLG settings, octagon etc. This is supposed to be the collection that sustains the original games beyond their native consoles, all centralised on one console. Waypoint file share will be integral to custom game support in the future when MM has declined in population.

Also, with a 50 unit content limit across 5 multi players, there's going to be a fair bit of content juggling going on.

iMax

I had a bizarre glitch on Halo 2 last night. I was playing the campaign with a buddy and on the level
set outside with all the flood driving Ghosts and Warthogs after all the pistons you have to pull
, the game on my console showed my buddy in a different location to where he actually was—and vice versa.

This basically meant that we were both shooting the hell out of the massive boss Sentinels—but to each other, it looked like the other was just shooting at a wall—the game characters' locations were clearly out of sync or something. Interestingly if we tried to kill each other, it showed the victim's death on the killer's screen but nothing happened to the victim. Very, very bizarre.

Even worse, because of this location mismatch we were constantly 'warping' to each other whenever one of us 'appeared' to move, so we couldn't progress through the level unless one of us just stood still and did nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Akai__

I had a bizarre glitch on Halo 2 last night. I was playing the campaign with a buddy...

Has this happened to anyone else?

I read the 1st sentence and knew what's comming.

We had this happen to us like 2 or 3 times now. Only on the mission Quarantine Zone, though. Funny thing was, that I was 2 checkpoints ahead of my buddy, so while I was riding on the Gondola, he was still playing the section before it. When we were both on the Gondola and I died later on, I always respawned under the Gondola, because mine was driving vertical and his was driving horizontal. I had like 27 deaths, because of that and didn't get my scoring achievement.

I don't know how it works, but it's probably a loading zone desynch thing. I've seen some people mentioning it in other threads as well.

iMax

I read the 1st sentence and knew what's comming.

We had this happen to us like 2 or 3 times now. Only on the mission Quarantine Zone, though. Funny thing was, that I was 2 checkpoints ahead of my buddy, so while I was riding on the Gondola, he was still playing the section before it. When we were both on the Gondola and I died later on, I always respawned under the Gondola, because mine was driving vertical and his was driving horizontal. I had like 27 deaths, because of that and didn't get my scoring achievement.

I don't know how it works, but it's probably a loading zone desynch thing. I've seen some people mentioning it in other threads as well.

Yes, that's the level! So I presume it's a glitch associated with that particular mission then?

We were both together and were in the same room shooting the same Sentinel—but to each other, appeared separated.

Akai__

Yes, that's the level! So I presume it's a glitch associated with that particular mission then?

We were both together and were in the same room shooting the same Sentinel—but to each other, appeared separated.

I only had it happen on QZ, but I'm not sure, if it's the only mission it can happen.

Next time it happens, tell your buddy to get into a tank. Hilarious things will happen, like
tank being flipped upside down and driving upside down, tank climbing a random wall, tank floating in the air and tank shooting diagonally or in impossible directions.

Admodieus

More often than not I can find games these days in any playlist, but it is not a pretty process. Joining people's parties, backing out of lobbies, regrouping all feels like it carries a sort of risk. People disappear from parties during matchmaking only to suddenly appear in the found game a minute later. Anytime a box comes up in the bottom right corner that tells you what's going on ("Joining Party", "Synchronizing Data", etc.) I hold my breath as that's where the game will hang completely sometimes.

Anybody who tries to tell you it's completely fixed is lying to you and even themselves. Go fire up Reach or 4 on the 360 and search for a Big Team Battle game - it's amazing how everything queues up in 30 seconds or less, entering/exiting parties is lightning quick, and the UI never hangs.

This game will continue to have bugs and feel "off" forever, the foundation of the multiplayer is probably a bowl of spaghetti code and hacks at this point.

empathe

I've been using Ninja's twitch stream to check if the game is fixed. Over the course of the weekend, I probably checked is stream 20 times.

Every time, without fail, he was searching for a match. I never once actually caught him playing a game of Halo.

This is just pitiful.

Edit: Saw him get two games which were horrendously unbalanced and he destroyed everyone. Player population definitely too low.

Sec0nd

I've got no issues finding games in this game. But Halo 2 classic feels incredibly laggy. Like cross Atlantic host. Every game. I had no issues in H5. Also I'm having the no spawn issues A LOT in hardcore.

psychotron

This is something that makes me furious. I get that multiplayer is where a lot of the problems exist but the campaigns were a huge deal once, and now they're treated like an afterthought. It's fucking disgusting how they've handled the campaigns.

Sephzilla

People at 343 need to be fired because of this. The game has been out for 3 months and it's still in a fairly broken state for a lot of people.

There is absolutely 0.01% chance of me buying Halo 5 at this point. And even if I do buy it some time later down the line, it will be a used copy because I'm not giving 343 my money.

People at 343 need to be fired because of this. The game has been out for 3 months and it's still in a fairly broken state for a lot of people.

There is absolutely 0.01% chance of me buying Halo 5 at this point. And even if I do buy it some time later down the line, it will be a used copy because I'm not giving 343 my money.
Halo 5 mp is great. You're missing out.

I think I'm going to uninstall this game, 60 GB for something I can barely play and when I can play it, half my team leaves. I could have two new games for the same amount of space.

Too bad more people don't have your convictions. Some people are treating Halol 5 like that is the fix for MCC.

Will we ever get File Share for The MCC available on HaloWaypoint?

My Pit remake is crying because I can't share.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The reducible not being in the middle after playing Halo 5 is freaking me the fuck out. I feel like I'm standing up and looking down at the TV.

RdN

I've not touched the Halo MCC in a while. Is MP still broken? Particularly Halo 3? I just want to play Halo 3 MP, damn it.

If you're in the US, you'll be able to play. There'll be bugs, unbalanced teams, matches ending earlier than they should, but you'll be able to play.

If you're from anywhere else, forget about it. Very long matchmaking search times and horrendous lag is all you're gonna find.

If you're in the US, you'll be able to play. There'll be bugs, unbalanced teams, matches ending earlier than they should, but you'll be able to play.

If you're from anywhere else, forget about it. Very long matchmaking search times and horrendous lag is all you're gonna find.

I'm the latter option (Europe). Fuck sake.

Too bad more people don't have your convictions. Some people are treating Halol 5 like that is the fix for MCC.

I think this is what Microsoft is hoping people will do. Did you see Major Nelsons announcement about how awesome the Xbone is and that they are continuing the $349 sale?

He mentions the Halo 5 Beta but not the MCC, even though people who buy the XB1 now cant even play it. The beta was just a temporary demo part of the MCC.

Theyre already trying to get people focusing on H5 and forgetting the MCC.

Kssio_Aug

I think this is what Microsoft is hoping people will do. Did you see Major Nelsons announcement about how awesome the Xbone is and that they are continuing the $349 sale?

He mentions the Halo 5 Beta but not the MCC, even though people who buy the XB1 now cant even play it. The beta was just a temporary demo part of the MCC.

Theyre already trying to get people focusing on H5 and forgetting the MCC.

I strongly doubt they will ever fix MCC core problems. They will keep releasing updates with "improvements in matchmaking" and other minor tweaks no one cares about and then focus their resources to Halo 5.

I wont buy Halo 5 either. Not for 60 dollars. Actually, I feel like 343 owns me 60 dollars after that fiasco.

I strongly doubt they will ever fix MCC core problems. They will keep releasing updates with "improvements in matchmaking" and other minor tweaks no one cares about and then focus their resources to Halo 5.

I wont buy Halo 5 either. Not for 60 dollars. Actually, I feel like 343 owns me 60 dollars after that fiasco.

I liked the beta so my plan is to wait a week or two after release and if all is well with the game, buy it used on ebay. Not new. I too feel betrayed so I won't be giving them my money directly.

Update is live.

Figured it would be the day after the beta.

Stevey

I get games on Halo 4 with no lag in the UK.

Sec0nd

I'm from the EU and I can find games just fine. BtB can sometimes take a bit. But overal I have a game in under 1 minute.

Spasm

BTB 5v6. Lagged to hell. Next match fails to load. Off to the typical post-patch start, I see.

I can't fathom how it is SO hard to get a full game. BTB still finds 11 players in the blink of an eye, then struggles for 5-solid minutes to add anyone else. Then starts it up immediately at 6v6. <sigh>

HTupolev

BTB still finds 11 players in the blink of an eye
I've still never seen the system find a single other player in that list, but I admit I've been trying only quite infrequently due to the futility of it. It sounds like people are actually finding games in it these days.

Sephzilla

Got into a BTB game fairly fast for what that is worth.

Edit: Crashed and went back to main menu. This fucking game.

Edit 2: Next game was a 5v7.

Admodieus

Is there anybody who is still not convinced that the multiplayer just needs to be re-written from scratch? Whether it's a team working in parallel as this team keeps trying to roll out piecemeal fixes or maybe just take the MP offline for 3-4 months and bring it back this summer to build hype for Halo 5 (and give everybody who bought the game their choice of free Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, or some other game).

These random patches have restored general matchmaking functionality but little else - the stability of this game is the same as it was a week after launch.

Akai__

Is there anybody who is still not convinced that the multiplayer just needs to be re-written from scratch? Whether it's a team working in parallel as this team keeps trying to roll out piecemeal fixes or maybe just take the MP offline for 3-4 months and bring it back this summer to build hype for Halo 5 (and give everybody who bought the game their choice of free Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, or some other game).

These random patches have restored general matchmaking functionality but little else - the stability of this game is the same as it was a week after launch.

MCC should have been recalled after the 1st month. This is straight up embarassing.

FJ0372

Just went back to the MCC with the end of the Halo 5 beta.

Downloaded the new patch, played 5 games of Halo 4, connected quickly and had absolutely no lag! Actually felt like I was playing on dedicated servers!

Holy shit have you done it 343!?! This is what I like to see...

MCC should have been recalled after the 1st month. This is straight up embarassing.

This. A port of a 3 hour campaign that I completed in 2009 and a Relic remake that can easily be made in forge WILL NOT cut it. How despicable that ODST will be denied to customers who bought the game after the 19th of December. It's the 20th of January and the game is still practically unplayable when partied with friends. Heads of MS should be getting involved and commenting on this.

Cider X

-Fired up Xbox
-New update downloaded
-Friends list is offline, AGAIN. It's a bit too late to be texting or calling people so I go in alone.
-Big team battle matchmaking took 8 minutes to get a game going.
It's classic halo 2 team slayer. It's 4vs7. 2 people immediately drop out making it 2vs7. I'm repeatedly stuck at respawning at 4 seconds when killed.
Further games have been impossible as no playlist seems to work now.

An embarrassment for 343 and Microsoft.

Top Bottom