• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

N30RYU

Just bought an Xbox one yesterday... is the MCC any good if I wanna play ALL the games co-op with a friend before H5 launches? or is still broken?

Montresor

God MCC can go fuck itself. I made the following thread awhile ago describing the problems I encounter with achievements in this game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1100144. It was suggested I post this on 343's support forum, and I tried but at 343industries.org it just says "You are not allowed to visit this community" when I try to make a post.

Basically, if I'm playing a playlist and doing splitscreen co-op, the non-primary splitscreen player will not earn achievements.

My brother and I both started MCC on June 30th. We gave up playing after reaching level 5 of Halo 1 in the playlist, because of this problem.

Today is September 30th, 3 months after June 30th. We decided to play the Master Chief Saga playlist again - I got the achievement for "Playing 3 months after your first game". My brother (the non-primary splitscreen player) didn't.

This is really REALLY disappointing. I'm not going to touch Halo 5 until I actually play through Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and 4 for the first time... and that's not going to happen unless the achievements are fixed. So because of this 343 has lost themselves a launch window Halo 5 sale. Heck I might never get Halo 5 if the MCC issues don't get fixed. No way am I ever going to jump into Halo 5 blind.

Montresor

And even forgetting the achievements issue, my brother and I got up to the terminal in the Halo level (aka the second level in Halo 1). It launched the Halo Channel app and it was so FUCKING slow. It didn't even load the terminal video in the app. It instead loaded the main page for the Halo Channel app. We tried to look for the terminal video from there and couldn't make any sense of the UI in Halo Channel. I had to go back to MCC, click RB on the terminal again, and then finally it loaded the god damn terminal video.

God MCC can go fuck itself. I made the following thread awhile ago describing the problems I encounter with achievements in this game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1100144. It was suggested I post this on 343's support forum, and I tried but at 343industries.org it just says "You are not allowed to visit this community" when I try to make a post.

Basically, if I'm playing a playlist and doing splitscreen co-op, the non-primary splitscreen player will not earn achievements.

My brother and I both started MCC on June 30th. We gave up playing after reaching level 5 of Halo 1 in the playlist, because of this problem.

Today is September 30th, 3 months after June 30th. We decided to play again - I got the achievement for "Playing 3 months after your first game". My brother (the non-primary splitscreen player) didn't.

This is really REALLY disappointing. I'm not going to touch Halo 5 until I actually play through Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and 4 for the first time... and that's not going to happen unless the achievements are fixed. So because of this 343 has lost themselves a launch window Halo 5 sale. Heck I might never get Halo 5 if the MCC issues don't get fixed. No way am I ever going to jump into Halo 5 blind.

I wouldnt hold my breath. This is a game that IMO should have been delayed. What a mistake it was launching this game in this condition.

Edit: and they gave us ODST, so what. Id still rather have a working, polished game.

Ocho

Today is September 30th, 3 months after June 30th. We decided to play the Master Chief Saga playlist again - I got the achievement for "Playing 3 months after your first game". My brother (the non-primary splitscreen player) didn't.

Sucks that you won't give the games a chance unless your brother can gain imaginary points. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Montresor

No my brother is playing with his regular gamertag. He would get random achievements like Kill 100 Grunts, or Earn 100 Medals. But he wouldn't get any Par Score, Par Time, "Beat This Level" achievements, etc... if he's playing with me in a playlist.

BUT he let me know he doesn't care about the achievements anymore lol, so we're proceeding with the playlist and will go through Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and 4.

I get what Ocho is saying - on a fundamental level the complaint may be petty. But my specific use case should work god dammit. I bet no one at 343 ever tested my use case (achievements for non-primary user in a splitscreen co-op playlist).

Akai__

I'd laugh if it turns out his brother is just playing as a guest.

Highly unlikely, because this is a known issue. Try to play a 4 player co-op game with any kind of completion achievement and you will notice that the 3rd or 4th player will never get the achievement. This is also why we had to host the LASO checkpoint exploit for Halo 3 and Halo 4 for each player individually, instead of putting them together in groups of 3.

This game has still many issues and achievements are definitely one of them.

Montresor

Highly unlikely, because this is a known issue. Try to play a 4 player co-op game with any kind of completion achievement and you will notice that the 3rd or 4th player will never get the achievement. This is also why we had to host the LASO checkpoint exploit for Halo 3 and Halo 4 for each player individually, instead of putting them together in groups of 3.

This game has still many issues and achievements are definitely one of them.

Even when not playing in a playlist that issues comes up?

My brother and I are only doing two-player co-op obviously, so my anecdote may not be relevant to your 3/4 player co-op issue, but for us we noticed the following:

1) Inside a playlist (Master Chief Saga): my brother never gets completion achievements
2) Outside a playlist (aka regular campaign, via chapter select): my brother gets completion achievements

So back in early July, we'd play through Pillar Of Autumn in the playlist, he wouldn't get the Beat Pillar Of Autumn achievement even though I did. But if we back out and immediately beat it via chapter select, the achievement pops for him.

Akai__

Even when not playing in a playlist that issues comes up?

My brother and I are only doing two-player co-op obviously, so my anecdote may not be relevant to your 3/4 player co-op issue, but for us we noticed the following:

1) Inside a playlist (Master Chief Saga): my brother never gets completion achievements
2) Outside a playlist (aka regular campaign, via chapter select): my brother gets completion achievements

So back in early July, we'd play through Pillar Of Autumn in the playlist, he wouldn't get the Beat Pillar Of Autumn achievement even though I did. But if we back out and immediately beat it via chapter select, the achievement pops for him.

Yup, allthough the LASO part was a playlist. In our case, it was all of the finishing levels without entering vehicles. The non-host would never get the achievement and that's why we had to do those twice. Same goes for some of the achievements where you have to keep a weapon or where you are not allowed to pick up a new one.

They are all pretty broken. They said the patch is comming in the next weeks. I'm repeating myself, but I hope they get fixed. Their priority should be fixing other general issues with the game, but it's been exactly 4 months now. The patch can't be a small one, unless they failed certification for several months now.

I'm playing Halo 2 MP in this game and I have to say it just isn't fun. I keep getting matched up with ninjas who are way better meaning I can't do shit. Also the levels are narrow frustrating bullshit pathways.

Give me Halo 3,4, or Reach any day.

xboxnerd

Banned
I'm playing Halo 2 MP in this game and I have to say it just isn't fun. I keep getting matched up with ninjas who are way better meaning I can't do shit. Also the levels are narrow frustrating bullshit pathways.

2 is way better than 3, which is slow and has the shittiest BR in Halo history.
I never understand why people vote for 3 in Infection.

You're mad because the skill gap is too high? Lulz EDIT: You gotta roll with at least ONE friend into any playlist.

Every time I play Halo 4 I get so upset because they were SOOOOOOOOOOO close to making it a phenomenal Halo MP experience. The shooting/guns feel outstanding, it has a good sense of speed, brought hitscan back, but they had to add in all this other shit (looking at you AAs) that ruined it. Oh and also, the game shipped with like...4 good maps.

H2:A for me would've possible been the best Halo MP if they had more maps and got rid of SMG starts from launch.

Akai__

They are submitting the MCC patch for certification. Any day now...

I still don't understand why they can't provide patch notes sooner. I'd really like to know what they have been working on prior to the patch. Nearly all big studios release a full patch note list way before the patch hits.

They are submitting the MCC patch for certification. Any day now...

I still don't understand why they can't provide patch notes sooner. I'd really like to know what they have been working on prior to the patch. Nearly all big studios release a full patch note list way before the patch hits.

Hopefully it makes the achievement tracker check the medals you've earned for the MP achievements. Wishful thinking I know.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So I picked up Halo MCC today to play through the campaigns before Halo 5 comes out. I've read all the negative impressions but I'm just hoping I can go through all the campaigns smoothly and relive some great memories.

I may dabble in multiplayer but anyway to tell which is the most played Halo? I'm assuming it's 2 but whichever one it is, is the one I'll be playing.

So I picked up Halo MCC today to play through the campaigns before Halo 5 comes out. I've read all the negative impressions but I'm just hoping I can go through all the campaigns smoothly and relive some great memories.

I may dabble in multiplayer but anyway to tell which is the most played Halo? I'm assuming it's 2 but whichever one it is, is the one I'll be playing.
Halo 4 actually

Onikaan

Guys.

Does anyone know if the Legend achievement will count if I have completed certain Halos on co-op legendary and others on single?

AGoodODST

So I picked this up the other day. Campaign is fun, online seems to work fine when I play by myself.

What is the magic spell needed to join a friend? Repeatedly get errors. Have not managed to join once.

So are they patching MCC still or is that out the window since the shiny new halo is coming in? I still hear theirs allot of bugs that need fixing.

Akai__

2 streamers trying to have a good time playing 24 hours of Halo, but they can't play Halo 2 MCC together.

People saying Campaign MCC is working perfectly fine... Screw you...

Akai__

They ended their 24 hour marathon 20 hours in, because it crashed too often.

They do work perfectly. It's the party system that needs work.

Yeah, that explains why they were also crashing while trying to play solo or why the mission would only load to 98%.

There's literally no need to defend this. The game is still a mess 11 Months afterwards and nobody except a few people care. How this is acceptable only in the game industry is beyond me.

Yeah, that explains why they were also crashing while trying to play solo or why the mission would only load to 98%.

There's literally no need to defend this. The game is still a mess 11 Months afterwards and nobody except a few people care. How this is acceptable only in the game industry is beyond me.
never experienced a campaign crash, that really sucks.

2 streamers trying to have a good time playing 24 hours of Halo, but they can't play Halo 2 MCC together.

People saying Campaign MCC is working perfectly fine... Screw you...

P2P networking translates to varied experiences, like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get.

Campaign never crashed on me. Went through two full playthroughs of each game as well (Normal and Legendary)

Only problem I had was trying to play 4-player Halo 3 campaign co-op and it was laggy as fuck.

Karl2177

I had a fair amount of Campaign crashes, usually after cutscenes. Co-op has been literally unplayable for me, even when I had 2 bones on the same network. The bar would fill about a quarter of the way and stop entirely.

93xfan

Banned

I think a ton of people care. It's just that not everyone is vocal about it. I really hate 343 and Microsoft for this. All major gaming sights should just do a Master Chief Collection re-review in the last days leading up to October 27th so that it can get the recognition it deserves for being such a bad game.

Played a few games earlier and that moment the other team vote halo 4 but halo 2 or halo 3 is the earlier option so wins out is so good

Schooling new halo fans in one of the older games will never get old

I haven't even seen halo 1 come up in matchmaking in ages? Have they removed it?

4 of my 6 matches on the weekend in H2A ended up being 4v2 with 2 of my team quitting out when things started getting hairy. At least 1 of the matches was neutral bomb, went quick and wasn't suck getting throttled for 5+ minutes like the slayer matches.

The update better help. This is getting to the point where I don't want to play solo when friends aren't online.

GECK

The H4 playlist would be a bit more playable if promethean vision was patched out. Why 343, what were you guys thinking when you designed that shit? Campaign it would have been fine but it makes the MP a joke when it's not legendary slayer.

Twice I've had a 4 on 1 match of team slayer due to sore losers quitting.

I wish in that case that they would double or triple the remaining players shields to make up for the missing team.

I think a ton of people care. It's just that not everyone is vocal about it. I really hate 343 and Microsoft for this. All major gaming sights should just do a Master Chief Collection re-review in the last days leading up to October 27th so that it can get the recognition it deserves for being such a bad game.

If only...

I daydreamed about a scenario where during E3 343i came out to introduce Halo 5 and just got boo'd relentlessly before anyone could even speak...course this didn't happen, which was disappointing.

Top Bottom