• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Just to be clear, I don't have a real problem with Halo 3 (except that BR).

What I do have a problem with is Halo 3 getting voted for over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... You get the idea.

Sai

I set myself up for my first long session in this game in a while earlier this afternoon. Went into BTB, map loads up and I get stuck at the roster that appears before the match starts for like 2 minutes, and then it goes back to the main menu.

Couldn't find another match after that, kept getting stuck on finding players. When I experienced this before, annoying as it is, hard resetting the Xbox One usually fixed it. But the problem persisted even when I did that, no matter which playlist I went to. Turned off the console in frustration.

I thought we were past all this mess. :/

I set myself up for my first long session in this game in a while earlier this afternoon. Went into BTB, map loads up and I get stuck at the roster that appears before the match starts for like 2 minutes, and then it goes back to the main menu.

Couldn't find another match after that, kept getting stuck on finding players. When I experienced this before, annoying as it is, hard resetting the Xbox One usually fixed it. But the problem persisted even when I did that, no matter which playlist I went to. Turned off the console in frustration.

I thought we were past all this mess. :/

The same thing happened to me two nights ago. A friend came over to play Halo, MCC happened, we played Destiny instead.

I would have much rather played Halo.

Sai

Managed to get two matches started in the H2A and Halo 4 playlists earlier this evening, but I had to wait abnormally long for both of them to start.

... Did terrible in that H2A one. So much rust.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The XBL status page said MCC and Gears were having issues yesterday. Matchmaking was definitely slow for me.

GECK

Search times are completely fucked, teammates getting booted right at gamestart. And why are H2A map load times such ass? Why did people on GAF claim this game was fixed?

Karl2177

Search times are completely fucked, teammates getting booted right at gamestart. And why are H2A map load times such ass? Why did people on GAF claim this game was fixed?

Because at one point it was. You could get into a game in a minute and everything would load properly. Last night it was all kinds of fucked up for no reason.

Akai__

Is there a remake of Hydro Warmup in MCC? It's a Halo 3 warmup map that is used with a vampirism gametype, so you can have pretty long BR encounters.

If anyone knows where I can find it, please reply.

Korosenai

I have one question about this game, haven't played it in a while. Have they updated any of the games with their latest settings, or is it still all vanilla?

I honestly didn't realise this game was that bad.

Haven't finished a single multiplayer match tonight. Truly atrocious.

YBYlrl4.jpg

First four are from the past hour. All finished.

I'm sort of guessing it's not entirely the game that's the problem here.

(Admittedly that match on High Ground had some lag)

Toa TAK

Banned
The only time I'm encountering matchmaking issues myself I when I play with someone else. That's when Hell comes knocking. Matchmaking with anyone or not going solo in it pretty much makes it impossible to play a single game.

The only time I'm encountering matchmaking issues myself I when I play with someone else. That's when Hell comes knocking. Matchmaking with anyone or not going solo in it pretty much makes it impossible to play a single game.

Yeah playing in a bigger party can be quite frustrating.

I've played with a friend before and had no issues. Well, once we did Halo 3 Co-op and it lagged like hell, but nothing else really went wrong matchmaking wise.

(EDIT: Also bad lag in Halo 3 co-op with a party of 4)

On another topic, I've gotten up to Gravemind on my Halo 2 Legendary playthrough. Putting it off until tomorrow, I know it will be hellish.

Finally. The nightmare that is Halo 2 Legendary is over.

Of course I made it worse on myself by going through Uprising, High Charity, and The Great Journey all in one sitting. But I just wanted it to be over.

Honestly I'm surprised how well it's been matching (even with parties) compared to close to release, though you do tend to play the same people pretty often.

Akai__

Decided to boot up Halo MCC again. I had only laggy games today.

Anyways, I'm now at 250 Killjoys and no achievement, because the progress reset itself and threw me back at 3% by the time ODST released. My 1st ODST audio-log isn't unlocking either and I got that achievement 2 days after ODST released.

zWKi5Y8.png

It has been over 100 days, since the last patch...

Karl2177

Anyways, I'm now at 250 Killjoys and no achievement, because the progress reset itself and threw me back at 3% by the time ODST released. My 1st ODST audio-log isn't unlocking either and I got that achievement 2 days after ODST released.

zWKi5Y8.png

Its dead jim.

Montresor

zWKi5Y8.png

Please god let this be fixed for you. I've never fully started any MCC playthroughs but I know I'll aim for around 4500-5500 gamerscore in that game.

I hope that you get your full 6000. :p

Akai__

Its dead jim.

It's so dumb. They have been saying "we are still on schedule" and "patch is in final testing" for 3+ months now. Whatever they are working on, it's either not working as intended or it's a pretty big update. Given the previous history of MCC patches... It's probably the former.

Sudds turning up in the most unexpected of places

https://youtu.be/QailYme7O8s?t=1649

Well, that was weird. It ended in a self promotion either way, so that wasn't surprising.

Please god let this be fixed for you. I've never fully started any MCC playthroughs but I know I'll aim for around 4500-5500 gamerscore in that game.

I hope that you get your full 6000. :p

Thanks and I hope so, too. :(

Toa TAK

Banned

zWKi5Y8.png

I feel agitated just by looking at this. I really hope it works out for you, dude.

Leyasu

Banned
Hoping the quitting update makes some meaningful changes. Being 1 of 2 guys left in a BTB CTF match you just hiding in a corner waiting for the timer to drop is, surprisingly, not fun.
It dont really matter now. The game will never on their promises and this is the last update ever no doubt.

I'm still bitter about tje whole fucking mess. If I am honest, I am gutted that halo 5 was so good, because I would not be buying 5.

Fuchsdh

Hoping the quitting update makes some meaningful changes. Being 1 of 2 guys left in a BTB CTF match you just hiding in a corner waiting for the timer to drop is, surprisingly, not fun.

Also hope it contains fixes for some of the achievements that won't pop as well, since the Ark on Legendary is apparently impossible to get right now, and I don't want to go through the pain to have that happen.

Grisby

Bah, decided to play Halo 1 before 5 for the fun of it, and the skull cheevos aren't unlocking. None of the terminals boot up either, it just hangs at the Halo Channel screen (wish those just would have been in the game).

Edit- Wow, it just froze my X1. I think that's the first time I;ve ever had to reboot the system. Touche' 343.

I was planning on buying this to play co-op with my wife, I assumed there wouldn't be any problems left by now... It can't still be fucked after all this time?

Then I read the last few pages.

Grisby

It's still messed up in some areas, but I should say that H2, H3, and H4 SP worked fine for me (solo). MP takes a bit to get into but it's still mostly good (in America anyways).

Halo 3 on Legendary done.

Surprisingly the hardest level for me was Tsavo Highway (though The Covenant was close behind). Cortana gave me less trouble than I thought it would, that was strange.

When I was struggling I just remembered that I'd done this before back in 2007, I could sure as hell do it again.

xboxnerd

Banned
I was planning on buying this to play co-op with my wife, I assumed there wouldn't be any problems left by now... It can't still be fucked after all this time?

Then I read the last few pages.

People don't complain when there are no problems.
The game is mostly fixed, and SP has been fine for months by now.

Still the most generous remaster/remake so far IMO.

Fuchsdh

Halo 3 on Legendary done.

Surprisingly the hardest level for me was Tsavo Highway (though The Covenant was close behind). Cortana gave me less trouble than I thought it would, that was strange.

When I was struggling I just remembered that I'd done this before back in 2007, I could sure as hell do it again.

Doesn't seem that surprising to me because they have some absolutely brutal encounters with vehicles, and the Chopper is powerful but incredibly difficult to maneuver the way you want, so it can make for a frustrating experience.

Just a quick question, what redeemable codes come with this? If I'm going to get it, it will be secondhand, wondering if I will miss out on anything.

Just a quick question, what redeemable codes come with this? If I'm going to get it, it will be secondhand, wondering if I will miss out on anything.

A code to watch Nightfall via the Halo Channel app and a two(?) day Xbox live gold trial.

So no, you won't really miss out on anything.

Is "skill" based matchmaking deactivated or something?

skillmmfail156stw.png

skillmmfail2lzskb.png

Two matches in a row i have to deal with such teammates. How is that possible? After this matches i had enough already of MCC. It really pissed me off.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Is "skill" based matchmaking deactivated or something?

Two matches in a row i have to deal with such teammates. How is that possible? After this matches i had enough already of MCC. It really pissed me off.

I think it's more a consequence of low population. It's pretty rare that I get an actually competitive game.

This isn't a whole lot of fun either. Honestly the biggest reason I'm looking forward to H5 right now is to actually have fully functional matchmaking again (I hope).

Top Bottom