• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

CyReN

nsgzti5.jpg

via r/halo

Damn

Did they fix the Halo 1 power-up/weapon timers yet?

I feel like my friend and I are reaching a level where the teams we're playing are seemingly playing with timers.

Leyasu

Banned
nsgzti5.jpg

via r/halo

Damn

Got it to a semi functional state, then wiped their fucking hands of the piece of shit. I just played a swat match p2p where the host was in new York.. Jesus the bullshit in that game.

Laggy fucking games all the time, breaks down when I try to party up etc.. Once 5 drops, I'll delete this fuck up from my HDD.

Local matchmaking will hopefully get confirmed to be in the final release soon. Otherwise I'll get my money back, and I know plenty more that won't buy it either.

Fuchsdh

Got it to a semi functional state, then wiped their fucking hands of the piece of shit. I just played a swat match p2p where the host was in new York.. Jesus the bullshit in that game.

Laggy fucking games all the time, breaks down when I try to party up etc.. Once 5 drops, I'll delete this fuck up from my HDD.

Local matchmaking will hopefully get confirmed to be in the final release soon. Otherwise I'll get my money back, and I know plenty more that won't buy it either.

What do you mean by "local matchmaking"? Restricting searches to a region? That's never been in a Halo game before.

Leyasu

Banned
What do you mean by "local matchmaking"? Restricting searches to a region? That's never been in a Halo game before.

I know. But they said that it would be for the full release... Imagine titanfalls system.

I just hope that they make good on their promise.

willow ve

nsgzti5.jpg

via r/halo

Damn

And this is how classic Halo gameplay dies.
Halo is Dad.
But seriously. It's really frustrating to play this game, get lag filled matches, have someone quit (or lag out) in almost every single match, and have many games start without even teams (as someone quits in voting). And LOL to the promise that it would all run on dedicated servers. If these matches are 100% dedicated servers then Microsoft needs to fire that entire department and start over from scratch.

The population size is far too small to make skill based matchmaking worthwhile.

And on top of all that it's sometimes impossible to play any mode in co-op or load anything in matchmaking while in a party.

In hindsight the promise of "just like you remember it" was probably an impossibly high bar to set. No matter what skewed metric you use to measure this game it still comes out as a failure. Even single player campaign sometimes crashes and fails to unlock achievements.

nsgzti5.jpg

via r/halo

Damn

That's a depressing image to look at as a Halo fan. I'd given up hope on a patch after they stopped mentioning it every week in the community update. It's now relegated to a sentence or two at the end where they mention it's in "final testing".

Montresor

I #believe the next patch could be our saviour.

I don't really like Halo multiplayer, but I like the single player. The only thing I want them to fix is, and the problem is so complicated to describe I'll post it in another line:

"If two splitscreen co-op players are playing the campaign via the Master Chief Saga playlist, the non-primary splitscreen co-op player will not earn story-based achievements, i.e. Beat Pillar of Autumn"

If they fix that I will be extremely happy.

Akai__

Next patch will introduce temporary bans for quitting, betraying, idling. Team is aiming to deliver the update in the next few weeks. They're also trying out rotational 4v4 CE playlist.

Why is it taking them so long to make this update, fear of breaking MCC and generating negative PR for Halo 5 or maybe Halo Wars 2 is taking up some resources??

Not sure why it's taking them almost 4 months now, but MCC can't generate negative PR for Halo 5 anymore. Halo 5 is already overhyped. 343i is not directly working on Halo Wars 2, either.

Fuchsdh

Not sure why it's taking them almost 4 months now, but MCC can't generate negative PR for Halo 5 anymore. Halo 5 is already overhyped. 343i is not directly working on Halo Wars 2, either.

Well we don't really know who's responsible for most of the fixes as well, given the number of hands that touched MCC.

More realistically it's probably taking them so long because this is likely the last or next to last update MCC will get, aside from playlist updates.

Toa TAK

Banned
Well we don't really know who's responsible for most of the fixes as well, given the number of hands that touched MCC.

More realistically it's probably taking them so long because this is likely the last or next to last update MCC will get, aside from playlist updates.
:(

That would suck if true, but it seems likely since Halo 5 is coming soon.

Akai__

I thought we knew this? The March patch was from Splash Damage and that's when the game was finally playable for the majority of the people:

If this is going to be their last patch, then it better fix a lot of issues, including the several bugged achievements that people have been mentioning everywhere.

Leyasu

Banned
Kicking arse on swat last night and the game freezes my xbone.

I love halo, but I fucking hate this compilation.

Montresor

Next patch will introduce temporary bans for quitting, betraying, idling. Team is aiming to deliver the update in the next few weeks. They're also trying out rotational 4v4 CE playlist.

Why is it taking them so long to make this update, fear of breaking MCC and generating negative PR for Halo 5 or maybe Halo Wars 2 is taking up some resources??

Is there a full list of what's expected for the next patch?

I.E. will ODST audio log achievement problems be fixed (people stuck at Done Unlocking)?

And there is this achievement for beating a Halo 3 level a specific way (beat Tsavo Highway without using vehicles?) which is impossible to get if you have the digital version. Only way to get it is to install the disc version offline and play the game unpatched. Hopefully they fix that.

Tomash

Is there a full list of what's expected for the next patch?

I.E. will ODST audio log achievement problems be fixed (people stuck at Done Unlocking)?

And there is this achievement for beating a Halo 3 level a specific way (beat Tsavo Highway without using vehicles?) which is impossible to get if you have the digital version. Only way to get it is to install the disc version offline and play the game unpatched. Hopefully they fix that.

Full details are coming soon. From the previous community update:

This CU will address a variety of areas, including ranking, will add new systems for quitting and penalties, and will improve a number of community items from the lists you’ve put together. The full details and patch notes, as well as more status updates, will be provided as we get closer to release.

One such list is on this link https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3d9ypg/still_frustrated_about_the_state_of_mcc_so_am_i/

So am I right in thinking Halogaf Doesn't have a thread for halo 5 stuff? Seems a
Shame if so with so much new stuff coming out.

Got to say I actually fancy playing some MCC tonight it people are on?

Montresor

Can someone please answer this hypothetical?

Let's say I play almost the whole master chief saga playlist on my own, and then someone else joins me on the last level - do we both get the achievement for beating the playlist?

And does restarting any level in that playlist affect the achievement?

Well, guess my good fortune couldn't last forever.

Last three multiplayer games all randomly disconnected.

EDIT: nvm, turns out my router was acting up.

Fuchsdh

Can someone please answer this hypothetical?

Let's say I play almost the whole master chief saga playlist on my own, and then someone else joins me on the last level - do we both get the achievement for beating the playlist?

And does restarting any level in that playlist affect the achievement?

I have heard that some people got shafted for the achievement because they were doing it coop.

On the other hand, I got completion for other achievements by just popping in the last mission in a playlist for the LASO.

So I dunno what to tell you.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I tried to hop on MCC this weekend. I haven't played Halo in years and got to play a bunch of people who have evidently done nothing but play Halo every day for the past decade. One score was 50-7.

I think a good MCC experience where people get matched up to others of similar skill level would do a lot to build up hype for H5, but what do I know...

Sai

Unfortunately, MCC was such a disaster that the only people left playing are those that have played Halo every day for the past decade.

Sorry. :p

I tried to hop on MCC this weekend. I haven't played Halo in years and got to play a bunch of people who have evidently done nothing but play Halo every day for the past decade. One score was 50-7.

I think a good MCC experience where people get matched up to others of similar skill level would do a lot to build up hype for H5, but what do I know...

If you play the unranked lists, you should have a better time.

If you play dedicated H2, H3, or H1 lists, then yeah, expect to get rolled, especially in H1 since it's 2v2.

I still haven't gotten a straight answer as to whether or not the weapon spawn timers have been fixed in H1?

You know what baffles me about this game, i play 95% of my games with the COD control scheme and i have no problems. I put the fish-sticks control scheme in Halo MCC and im confused as fuck throwing grenades when i wanna melee. I cant get used to it in this game and its driving me crazy.

Not really. Unranked playlists are really unbalanced too in terms of "skill" matchmaking...

Well, he's trying to avoid the dedicated players, and any dedicated playlist will pretty much only have players who have dedicated themselves to that particular Halo game.

At least in the unranked, there's guests and whatnot, and overall I the skill levels are lower than the other dedicated lists.

Just picked up an Xbox One a few days ago with this beauty of a game. Missed the series so much from the 360 days. If anyone is up for matchmaking add me. GT: Swauny Jones

Well I guess add me to the group of people whose progress on the Killjoy achievement got randomly reset.

The 500 grenade kills one got reset too, ugh.

Well I guess add me to the group of people whose progress on the Killjoy achievement got randomly reset.

Yup happened to me and I was at 238/250 killjoys and 490/500 grenade kills. Been grinding them all week and this happens. 8 achievements away from the 6000 Gamerscore and it's extremely frustrating.

Also, times for my Halo 2 runs aren't tracking properly making Monopolized such a pain to get. ugh

Akai__

Yup happened to me and I was at 238/250 killjoys and 490/500 grenade kills. Been grinding them all week and this happens. 8 achievements away from the 6000 Gamerscore and it's extremely frustrating.

Also, times for my Halo 2 runs aren't tracking properly making Monopolized such a pain to get. ugh

Welcome to the club. I hope this gets patched. :/

Akai__

Hahahaha haha ha ha...

Nothings beats my struggle with the game right now, where I try and start the game and it tells me it took too long to start. Tried a few hard resets, but no dice.

I had that issue, aswell. It eventually fixed itself and I have no clue how. God damn this collection...

Top Bottom