• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Yasumi

Banned
The music videos are so gorgeous now. Break It, Break It, Soundless Voice, and Two Breaths Walking are ridiculously pretty.

NogibTC

Banned
From Sega:
"Thank you for contacting us. SEGA was able to receive a small number of the cards for Weiß Schwarz, a trading card game produced by Bushiroad, for inclusion in the North American retail copies of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd. This card also functions as a AR Card for use in AR Live Mode. However, the amount was not enough to fulfill the higher than expected demand for the game. The AR cards were then packaged randomly into our initial retail allocation with the intention for fans to receive them at random. The AR Live Card from the first Project DIVA f also works with Project DIVA F 2nd and provides the same functionality as the Weiß Schwarz card. It can be accessed here http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/ar/dl/index.html
For more information about the Weiß Schwarz trading card game, please visit http://ws-tcg.com/en"

Stupidest way of distributing them period. Should have just made them one retailer exclusive so people that want it could for sure get it.
So for those of us who had bad luck of the draw and got no card, can someone scan it in so we can print it out? While they have the cards online for the original Diva f, they don't have this one from Diva f 2nd online.

Storm360

I have the card (if it's the same one that was in the Japanese copy)

Not sure if I'll be able to scan it but i'll take a shot at it...

Mokoi

Banned
Why are people taking photos of their Vitas? The game supports screenshots just fine you know.
Fduf8XP.jpg
Only way to get super high res shots.

Kumubou

So it turns out that the Greater Leeway help item is kind of stupid:

oaN0bmq.png

My timing is good, but it's not that good -- and this was on the second attempt at the song. I think I could get all perfects if I tried enough times, but I would probably catch Luka Luke Night Fever for real and drive myself mad in the process. I don't even know why scores count with that helper on.

So it turns out that the Greater Leeway help item is kind of stupid:

oaN0bmq.png

My timing is good, but it's not that good -- and this was on the second attempt at the song. I think I could get all perfects if I tried enough times, but I would probably catch Luka Luke Night Fever for real and drive myself mad in the process. I don't even know why scores count with that helper on.

Good luck erasing that mark of shame.

PewPewK

So quick question about importing saves. I read you can now import a Japanese save file crossplatform, but does it work cross-account? I obviously played the Japanese Diva F 2nd on my JPN PSN account and would play the English Diva F 2nd on my EN PSN account so I can get DLC. Can I still import cross-account? Or do the save files need to be tied to the same account?

I'm guessing they need to be same account (for trophy reasons, etc), but that really fuckin' sucks because if we import, we're pretty likely to play on different region accounts for DLC purposes... which would then not be supported making the feature moot for most importers.

So apparently the content that was part of the retailer bonuses has now been pulled from the store, despite having been there at launch. Guess it was put up accidentally. We can assume they'll be back though.

So quick question about importing saves. I read you can now import a Japanese save file crossplatform, but does it work cross-account? I obviously played the Japanese Diva F 2nd on my JPN PSN account and would play the English Diva F 2nd on my EN PSN account so I can get DLC. Can I still import cross-account? Or do the save files need to be tied to the same account?

I'm guessing they need to be same account (for trophy reasons, etc), but that really fuckin' sucks because if we import, we're pretty likely to play on different region accounts for DLC purposes... which would then not be supported making the feature moot for most importers.

Fairly certain cross account importing is not possible.

mark of shame? ive never used help items before, do they leave a mark somewhere?
Only help item I ever used in F was using the shoulder buttons for the star notes, because I like it better than using the sticks. I'll deal with the mark of shame until it becomes a regular option (which is probably never).

cmurph

Banned
Gah~! $100 in DLC?! (*sigh* who am i kiddin'? I'm going to buy it...)

Any one know how the Save converting thing works? I have the Japanese Vita version of the game with nearly everything unlocked. Can I bring that over to the NA Vita version?! (Then the PS3 ver.?)

Gah~! $100 in DLC?! (*sigh* who am i kiddin'? I'm going to buy it...)

Any one know how the Save converting thing works? I have the Japanese Vita version of the game with nearly everything unlocked. Can I bring that over to the NA Vita version?! (Then the PS3 ver.?)

Yes. Use the cross save function on your vita version and on the main menu of the english version is the option to import that cross save data from your japanese save.

cmurph

Banned
Yes. Use the cross save function on your vita version and on the main menu of the english version is the option to import that cross save data from your japanese save.

Hmmm... Should I just complete the last couple of trophies on the Japanese Version first before I do the save transfer...or do both versions share the same trophy list?

Hmmm... Should I just complete the last couple of trophies on the Japanese Version first before I do the save transfer...or do both versions share the same trophy list?

Both versions share the same trophy list but as far as I know the import is one way. (You can import your japanese save to the english version but not the other way around)

mark of shame? ive never used help items before, do they leave a mark somewhere?

That mark of shame really does a number on my psychology. For a long time I never realized the existence of help items so played without them. I worked my way up from failing on Easy to beating songs on Extreme then I noticed the help items option. They would have been helpful when I was learning the ropes but I've gone that far without needing them so I didn't bother.

Except for that shameful mark on Sadistic Music Factory EX that I could never beat without using an item :( Ugh.

Kolma

Just got the game at like 4pm on the 19th (Only have a couple hours on it)
Hopefully I can beat this song by the end of the week but if it is at all like Sadistic Music Factory it might take me months...

ibyjb2C8kNkcUk.jpg

Kumubou

Good luck erasing that mark of shame.
It turns out that grades and scores are tracked separately, so it's not that hard. :p If you clear a song with assists and then get the same or higher grade without assists, the grade will update even if the score is lower than the one you got with assists. You can also get a higher score with assists and as long as the grade is the same, the grade won't change. This also means that there's no way to verify is a score is "legit" or not from the song selection or records screen.

It turns out that grades and scores are tracked separately, so it's not that hard. :p If you clear a song with assists and then get the same or higher grade without assists, the grade will update even if the score is lower than the one you got with assists. You can also get a higher score with assists and as long as the grade is the same, the grade won't change. This also means that there's no way to verify is a score is "legit" or not from the song selection or records screen.

I think he meant that little heart or something that shows up beside the song on the song selection screen when you clear it with assists (at least in Diva f, not sure if it's still the same in F 2nd).

Kumubou

I think he meant that little heart or something that shows up beside the song on the song selection screen when you clear it with assists (at least in Diva f, not sure if it's still the same in F 2nd).
That's what I'm referring to, as well. If you get an Excellent on a song with assists, the grade shows up as Excellent with the heart. If you then go back and get an Excellent on the song without assists, the heart disappears, even if your score is lower. Or if you get a Perfect without assists, and then play the song again and get a Perfect with a higher score with assists, the heart doesn't appear.

Deft Beck

I am enjoying this game very much. Just as good as the sequel, with some quirkier music genres this time around.

I agree that the game is a little harder to start off than the last one.

The English subtitle feature is a nice touch, but already I've encountered a song without them...How many songs do not have English subtitles?

Omikaru

No "manual" though?

Nope. Game has a digital manual.

That doesn't bother me, personally. I never read those things (except for the comics in the MGS games) and I've usually considered them a waste of paper.

But I guess people who care about that kinda thing will probably not be happy. Though it's to be expected these days; the only Vita game I have with a booklet is MGS: HD Collection.

I've played maybe 6 songs so far... I haven't enjoyed any of them yet- they all sound terrible ;_;

Might not be buying the Song Pass if this keeps up

Played (all?) 40 of them. Nothing left an impact, some were okay, but none of them went past that for me, hope that won't be the case for you. I know music is a personal thing, but I'm really disappointed by the tracks, it makes the game way less fun obviously, coupled with a handful of Sadistic Music Factory-esque songs (although I find them a lot worse than that) that just throw shit at you at the speed of light, I'm severely regretting this purchase.

So much for the only rythm franchise I actually liked then :p

Razzorn34

I've played maybe 6 songs so far... I haven't enjoyed any of them yet- they all sound terrible ;_;

Might not be buying the Song Pass if this keeps up

It's not just me then. Played the first 8 songs, and nothing is sticking. Compared to Diva F, which had most of them stuck in my head, it really has been disappointing. The game is still fun, but I don't know how long it'll keep my interest this time around if I don't get into much of the music. I hope it gets better.

Kikirin

I'm having the opposite reaction - much liking the songs heard so far. Will need to do a proper count after unlocking the rest, but it feels like I'm enjoying a larger percentage of the F 2nd songs than F.

emiliano

I already know the majority of the songs of F2nd and I like them. The waiting is killing me (please amazon be nice, should be time already to ship it -_- ). On PDF I still can't do any of the extreme songs but it's ok, I think I just need more time.
A question: to see the unlockables (modules and accessories) from the first episode, it's strictly necessary to import the save or they can be unlocked with the normal progression in game?

antibolo

Banned
F 2nd has plenty of really good songs, off the top of my head my favorites are Akatsuki Arrival, Envy Catwalk, 2D Dream Fever, Romeo & Cinderella, The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee, and Kokoro.

But overall I feel like F 2nd also has more really awful songs. The two really slow ones (one with Miku and one with Len) are SO FUCKING BORING.

So it more or less averages out.

Yuuichi

As long as it's the topic of the hour, I feel that the F2nd song list is better overall, but F had much better standout songs, but the rest seemed forgettable or borderline annoying.

But as mentioned, much of music is personal taste, which is why you should really check the track list ahead of time, as with any music game.

Nyoro SF

Played (all?) 40 of them. Nothing left an impact, some were okay, but none of them went past that for me, hope that won't be the case for you. I know music is a personal thing, but I'm really disappointed by the tracks, it makes the game way less fun obviously, coupled with a handful of Sadistic Music Factory-esque songs (although I find them a lot worse than that) that just throw shit at you at the speed of light, I'm severely regretting this purchase.

So much for the only rythm franchise I actually liked then :p

This is how I felt a lot when playing F 2nd JP. The song diversity is a lot worse than the first and there are much fewer standout pieces. Still a fun game, but loses to its predecessor in the songlist department.

The link scratches and the removal of leniency on the regular scratches do not help the game either. :p

Personally, on my run through the songs on normal, only a handful stood out to me, the rest were pretty meh. As I'm working my way through hard, though, I find I'm enjoying a lot more of the songs. Not sure why, but I remember the same thing happened with the first one.

Also, unfortunately, I finally failed a song. I'll Miku Miku You on hard just barely did me in. Kind of annoying, since I managed to pass Intense Voice on hard first try... Oh well, it was going to happen eventually, and I got a Great on my second attempt.

Akibared

Break it, Break it is my overall favorite song so far but I love The Happiness Series so when This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee popped up I got super hyped!

Top Bottom