• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

MrBS

dAIxugO.jpg

Welp.

PS3 version should be arriving tomorrow and I might have the Vita version downloaded by then too.

I suppose I'll have to drag myself away from Dragon Age at some point to play this after all this 'investment' ;)

Yuuichi

Just remember before you dis the DLC prices, that the DLC for Idolmaster One for All, assuming you bought all the songs and costumes released so far, would run you well over $250.

You can never top Imas DLC.

Scher

dAIxugO.jpg

Welp.

PS3 version should be arriving tomorrow and I might have the Vita version downloaded by then too.

I suppose I'll have to drag myself away from Dragon Age at some point to play this after all this 'investment' ;)

I honestly wish I felt good enough with my finances to go ahead and purchase these. I don't think I'd ever have any issues justifying the investment, especially after spending around, like, 200 hours with Project Diva F/f. It's just a whole lot of money to drop down at once, though.

I kind of hate having to go through everything on normal and then hard so that I can unlock it all on extreme. I already know all my time is going to be spent on extreme, so I wish the game would just let me jump right to it. Oh well, I guess it's good to at least hear the songs once or twice before really diving into extreme, since there's only, like, 2 songs on the list that I've actually heard of.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Jesus fuck Christ this game shot in difficultly. In every Project Diva game I've played I've only ever truly struggled on Extreme.

I'm losing on fucking Normal. Too many random arrows thrown in just to fuck with me. >>

baekshi

Banned
Jesus fuck Christ this game shot in difficultly. In every Project Diva game I've played I've only ever truly struggled on Extreme.

I'm losing on fucking Normal. Too many random arrows thrown in just to fuck with me. >>

It's tough...

Can't wait to try...hard.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's tough...

Can't wait to try...hard.

I know... craziness. I usually would play on Normal a few times to familiarize myself with a song if I wasn't 100% on the same rhythm and then move to harder difficulties.

I guess I'm gonna have to go down to Easy for the time being. orz

ShadiWulf

I accomplished this earlier today. It's not really a tutorial just gives you some tips, it's just a good way to practice extreme song techniques cause it wont end the song on you.

I know... craziness. I usually would play on Normal a few times to familiarize myself with a song if I wasn't 100% on the same rhythm and then move to harder difficulties.

I guess I'm gonna have to go down to Easy for the time being. orz

Look at the bright side, you'll be an expert in no time! SEGA making us all into Project Diva experts. I wonder if it is possible for them to make the game even harder? That would be something.

Project Diva F 3rd, hardest Project Diva game yet!

Most of the way through the songs on normal, cleared 30-something of them. Game is substantially harder than the first, but that does alleviate some of the slog I feared getting up to expert would be.

These start slide notes kind of suck, though. Best I can figure out is you have to watch the first star with one eye and the timing hand on the second with the other to figure out the internal. That's...going to take some practice.

Not sure if the Amazon-bought version's PSN pre-order DLC was temp. exclusive to them (or if every retailer got it), but I got an extra code due to buying both versions. Since the code unlocks for both platforms I have an extra one I don't have any use for.

If someone wants it, feel free to quote for the code.

ZeroAKA

Not sure if the Amazon-bought version's PSN pre-order DLC was temp. exclusive to them (or if every retailer got it), but I got an extra code due to buying both versions. Since the code unlocks for both platforms I have an extra one I don't have any use for.

If someone wants it, feel free to quote for the code.

Got it, thanks!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well the immediate thing I noticed is that this is way harder than the other games. People noticed how visibly frustrated I was getting when I was streaming it. lol

IzzyF3

On F/f, I wasn't having much fun on normal because the two face button inputs was too easy. Now that they ramped up the difficulty, it's fun on normal too.

I excellented all of the F/f songs on hard and could barely play extreme. I find that the balance is still pretty similar in that I can play hard very well, but couldn't handle extreme.

bigkrev

I've played maybe 6 songs so far... I haven't enjoyed any of them yet- they all sound terrible ;_;

Might not be buying the Song Pass if this keeps up

I can just play blackjack all day lol

anyway, anyone has tips using sticks for the stars? Not sure if I'm using the sticks wrong but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I feel like its much easier to get the timing right with scratching...

antibolo

Banned
I can just play blackjack all day lol

anyway, anyone has tips using sticks for the stars? Not sure if I'm using the sticks wrong but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I feel like its much easier to get the timing right with scratching...

If you're playing on a Vita then you should probably not use the stick controls.

The option to play with stick controls is really only there for PSTV compatibility.

If you're playing on a Vita then you should probably not use the stick controls.

The option to play with stick controls is really only there for PSTV compatibility.
I wish I would have known that before buying the PS3 version. Mainly because the Vita buttons are little and I wanted something bigger to press.
Oh well, I can always buy the Vita version during a sale.

Question for while I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Does this game let you use the shoulder buttons for the stars instead of the sticks, like in the first Project Diva F? I wasn't fond of using the sticks for those, plus I played through the entirety of the previous game on an arcade stick. Sounds weird, but I liked it.

At least so far, it sounds good that normal isn't as easy this time around.

Question for while I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Does this game let you use the shoulder buttons for the stars instead of the sticks, like in the first Project Diva F? I wasn't fond of using the sticks for those, plus I played through the entirety of the previous game on an arcade stick. Sounds weird, but I liked it.

If it does, it's still tied to a help item, which incurs penalties on DP gains and marks all your records with the mark of shame.

I don't know if this is just me, but I transitioned super easily from touchscreen in f to sticks in F 2nd. I had always used my thumb in a back-and-forth motion on the touchscreen, but I would often have problems with the screen having too much friction to swipe properly or not detect some inputs at all due to perspiration. With the Vita's sticks, I don't have these problems. Using the DS4's sticks on the PS TV does feel a little loose though, I assume because of the increased travel (and possibly lag).

Storm360

I noticed they released the theme from the first game on the EU store (not sure if it's on US?)

Does it include the avatars aswell like the Japanese theme did?

Kikirin

Is this the PS3 version? I generally tilt the stick (all the way) upwards and alternate between left and right sticks when multiple are lined up. If you're having problems with the game not registering tilts, you can also increase the game's sensitivity to them.

That said, reports of the difficulty boost are not unfounded. I don't think I've seen half the songs on Normal yet, but there's already more scumbag visual gimmicks than all of the first PDF's Extreme difficulty!

Yuuichi

I don't know if this is just me, but I transitioned super easily from touchscreen in f to sticks in F 2nd. I had always used my thumb in a back-and-forth motion on the touchscreen, but I would often have problems with the screen having too much friction to swipe properly or not detect some inputs at all due to perspiration. With the Vita's sticks, I don't have these problems.

Same with me. I actually almost threw my vita across a room once while playing the fast part of Sadistic Music Factory from scratching friction.

ZeroAKA

Same with me. I actually almost threw my vita across a room once while playing the fast part of Sadistic Music Factory from scratching friction.
I never had a problem with it myself, but that might be because of my screen protector. The scratch sensitivity option in PDF 2nd might help.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
DUDE

The import save feature from the Japanese version is SUCH A NICE TOUCH! So glad I don't have to beat myself up to play the songs on normal again :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Is this the PS3 version? I generally tilt the stick (all the way) upwards and alternate between left and right sticks when multiple are lined up. If you're having problems with the game not registering tilts, you can also increase the game's sensitivity to them.

That said, reports of the difficulty boost are not unfounded. I don't think I've seen half the songs on Normal yet, but there's already more scumbag visual gimmicks than all of the first PDF's Extreme difficulty!

I'm playing Vita version. After a couple of songs I said screw that and went to back to scratching :p

mikeebi3

get! only got to play the first song before my battery died, but I'm hypeeeeeee!

1012943_769309023399_5019561636617504059_n.jpg

Welp.

I suppose I'll have to drag myself away from Dragon Age at some point to play this after all this 'investment' ;)[/QUOTE]salute! Anyone know how many (or what) songs and costumes are included?

Besides the linked stars which seen to be there as one more thing to memorize, I'm liking this. Wish it had an import all songs from F option to have a more definitive version, but still enjoying my time working through a harder normal.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
My Vita copy order hasn't been updated as dispatched yet.
[sweating intensifies]
This is why I hate Friday release dates.

Andrefpvs

My Vita copy order hasn't been updated as dispatched yet.
[sweating intensifies]
This is why I hate Friday release dates.

Your pain is my pain. I was hopeful I'd get the game tomorrow, now I'll be happy if it doesn't miss Friday.

Ok, cool, that's a run-through of all the songs on Normal down. Making the Normal charts more interesting is veeery much appreciated.

I'd still probably say I consider the tracklist about on par with Project Diva F's. Didn't really find any new songs I was super into, but there are a number of good ones I already knew (though I believe lots of them are returning songs, so people who have been into the series longer than I have are probably sick of them by now, lol)

I want to buy this game so bad for my Vita but no Best Buy near me has the game in stock for Vita. Did they just not get a Vita shipment in? I would go to another chain to buy it but I have GCU and $20 RZ I can use and get this game for dirt cheap. The wait is unbearable. :(

I got my Vita version at Gamestop over lunch. I was a little surprised that they had it and was really surprised when they said they "got more in today".

Looking forward to starting. I gave up way too early on the previous iteration (PS3).

Top Bottom