• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

OMG Aero

Has anyone in the UK been able to redeem the code for the Americana module?
When I try to redeem the code I got from shopto it says the code in incorrect so I'm wondering if whether the codes haven't been activated yet or I've been given an invalid code.

Zhao_Yun

When I try to redeem the code I got from shopto it says the code in incorrect so I'm wondering if whether the codes haven't been activated yet or I've been given an invalid code.

Ordered at Amazon UK and the code didn't work for me so they probably haven't been activated yet.

In case it hasn't been confirmed already, you can import a Japanese PS3 save into an EU Vita copy of Diva F 2nd. Just gave it a try and it worked perfectly. It doesn't seem to work after that first import though, so you can't cross-save back and forth between English and JP versions of the game.

Edit: Been messing around for a while, this game does NOT work well with the Vita TV at all. There is something badly wrong with the sensitivity of the analog sticks as it will frequently perform double inputs or drop them entirely, it is really evident on Kowase Kowase on Extreme. I connected up the same controller that I use to play the PS3 version and it still acts the same, I don't honestly understand why the sensitivity isn't identical to the PS3 version.

Well, the shop didn't get the game today. I guess Royal Mail + Italian Mail is a terrible combination :/

It's a shame since I have an exam next week so I won't be able to play as much as I want :(

Andrefpvs

So, guys. Which button sounds are you using? (EDIT: if you are using them, I can't believe I had to add this).

I'm using (Button 4) and (Scratch 5) like in Project Diva f, but I'm not really sure which to pick for Hold, Double, Link and D-Star.

Zhao_Yun

I got codes from Amazon but they say the game was delivered yesterday in tracking, while the order also shows as not being dispatched...

My game was despatched today but it will probably take until next week for it to arrive here in Germany. Tried the code again a few minutes ago and it worked this time.

So, guys. Which button sounds are you using? (EDIT: if you are using them, I can't believe I had to add this).

I'm using (Button 4) and (Scratch 5) like in Project Diva f, but I'm not really sure which to pick for Hold, Double, Link and D-Star.

Default sounds for me.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So there seems to be some European shipping delays all over the place, and both my orders also finally shipped.
And for some weird reason, the Vita versions price has been raised to €45 on the Swedish PS Store. It was €40 last night.

Uh... the pre-order DLC isn't cross-buy? The description even said that you get both.

macklelol

I'm using:
Button 1, Double 1
Scratch 9, D-Star 5

Evilmaus

Just got my copy today for the Vita.

I haven't explored all the features yet, but so far it just feels like they've built-upon and refined all the mechanics of the old game which is exactly what I wanted.

The cross-save feature is a very nice touch, and new inputs they've added have freshened things up a little and added variety.

Very happy so far!

Edit: Forgot to mention, this game looks great on the Vita. All the colours are so bright and vibrant. It really pops!

emigre

Ordered at Amazon UK and the code didn't work for me so they probably haven't been activated yet.

Similiar. I was able to redeem the code but it says 'cannot download using this system,' on my Vita. Pretty confused.

Also wasn't there a feature to import modules from Project Diva f/F?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Similiar. I was able to redeem the code but it says 'cannot download using this system,' on my Vita. Pretty confused.

Also wasn't there a feature to import modules from Project Diva f/F?
Did you get your pre-order promo code from the Vita version? I got mine from my PS3 copy and I was worried they had split those up.

Omikaru

I ordered from ShopTo, but the code didn't work for me until this evening. And it turns out they've given me a code for the PS3 version when I'm on Vita. -_-

If the codes are anything like the way DLC worked in Japan, redeeming them should yield two copies of each redeemable, one on Vita and one on PS3. If that's not what's happening I would assume it to be an error. But then again, that's the same thing I said about the first game's European PSN pricing...

emigre

When you first start up the game, it will ask you if you have f/F save data that you would like to import.

Cheers Bro. I just realised I didn't have Project Diva f on my memory card. Just transferring it over now.

Did you get your pre-order promo code from the Vita version? I got mine from my PS3 copy and I was worried they had split those up.

Got an email from Amazon containig the code and it states clearly it was for my Vita. But it just won't let me download :(

Nikashi

Banned
How do you import the DLC to the new one? I have Haku/Teto/Neru from the first game, and Sega stated in their blog that as a 'loyalty bonus', anyone who bought that DLC will get it in F2nd. How?

Kolma

My NA Amazon preorder code worked fine.
gave me DLC for PS3 and Vita
I preordered Vita version
It gave me instructions to redeem it on PS3 and Vita

Nikashi

Banned
I've been looking for the answer to this for a while. Turns out it's not working yet: http://blogs.sega.com/2014/11/18/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd-available-this-week/#comment-129747

Ahh yes, found this from the blog moderator...

Sega blog said:
Comment # 20

@Faris @Paru @Ow_Meer

The extra character pack on PSN is currently not free for owners of the original Project DIVA F. We’re aware of the problem and hope to have a fix up soon. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Posted by Julian on November 21st, 2014 at 9:30 am

SHarris78

How do the club packs work? Do, for example, new songs automatically download when you start the game once they're up on PSN, or do you have to manually search for them on the store?

Just got the game, soooo hype. Haven't opened it yet, but I'm assuming I can't skip right to Expert :( Given I had about 29 or 30 Extreme perfects, I doubt I will have too much trouble on medium in a new game.

RMI

Banned
Just got the game, soooo hype. Haven't opened it yet, but I'm assuming I can't skip right to Expert :( Given I had about 29 or 30 Extreme perfects, I doubt I will have too much trouble on medium in a new game.

you have to play Normal and Hard first.

XaosWolf

Still waiting on the Additional Modules DLC to show up in the UK!
Anyone know if its up on the Online store somewhere?

Also, the Preorder code for the Americana module is seemingly broken cross-buy wise right now. ("Not available on your device" next to it, and on the online store it just displays PS3 and a broken icon that leads to an unknown page)

This makes me sad. And Haku is presumably sad too. =(

EDIT: So it is up on the Online store. Just not showing at all on the Vita. That and it isn't free yet, but they're working on that. Bloody SOE.

Marche90

Got my first Extreme perfect. I know Melt isn't really hard, but it's one of the songs I like the most from Miku

IvWy1Lm.jpg

The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku on hard wasn't as bad as I expected. I fear for extreme though...

Sort of my thoughts on Envy Catwalk Extreme. I say sorta because in this case my only objective was to make it through the song without failing. I barely made it with a grade of 80.4. I'm pretty much sure I won't make it through Intense Voice and 2D Dream Fever without a help item, tho.

Speaking of Envy Catwalk, that song became my favorite new addition to the franchise, though Hello, Worker and Blackjack aren't too far behind.

ZeroAKA

Sort of my thoughts on Envy Catwalk Extreme. I say sorta because in this case my only objective was to make it through the song without failing. I barely made it with a grade of 80.4. I'm pretty much sure I won't make it through Intense Voice and 2D Dream Fever without a help item, tho.

Speaking of Envy Catwalk, that song became my favorite new addition to the franchise, though Hello, Worker and Blackjack aren't too far behind.
I barely got Great on Envy Catwalk hard. :/

hamchan

Hmmm I'm not feeling the link stars in this game. It seems hard to tell how fast the next note is coming up. In between links the cursor could go super fast or super slow, who knows.

Redhood

Play asia have not received their stock at all. :/ Hence no mike has been shipped towards me.

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We are sorry but we are still waiting for the stocks to arrive. Once we receive the stocks we will immediately ship out your order. We kindly ask for your patience in the meantime.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

hat_hair

I've noticed a few people confirm that you can import saves for this game across regions. Can you also import data from the original F across regions to keep the unlocked modules?
In other words, I bought the US version of the original because I wanted a physical copy, will I need to import again for this one or can I just buy the EU version?

I've noticed a few people confirm that you can import saves for this game across regions. Can you also import data from the original F across regions to keep the unlocked modules?
In other words, I bought the US version of the original because I wanted a physical copy, will I need to import again for this one or can I just buy the EU version?
The only cross region import is the ability to transfer in the cross save data stored server side by the Japanese version. If you want any F to F 2nd data transfer it has to be the same region and platform to work.

hat_hair

The only cross region import is the ability to transfer in the cross save data stored server side by the Japanese version. If you want any F to F 2nd data transfer it has to be the same region and platform to work.

Thought that might be the case. Thanks for the help, now to find an import copy.

Finally got the game in the mail. The sheer improvement in resolution makes me wish we could import the songs from the previous game over as well.

Didn't get a card (it seems like nobody has managed to get a card from Amazon so far), but this AR marker for the first game does the same thing: http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/ar/dl/extra_ws.pdf It unlocks a "physical copy" of the first game as a room item.

Scher

Oh man, my heart was beating so fast after doing this. I was so certain I was going to mess it up somewhere!

Was working on it on and off between doing other stuff yesterday, and finally got my perfect today!

I would say this is certainly a lot rougher than Sadistic Music Factory, although I'd put it at about the same difficulty as NegaPosi. A part of what just made this so annoying to perfect was just that it's a constant stream of notes and different rhythms to have to go through. There's pretty much no place to take a break, so there's lots of room to make mistakes.

pariah164

Oh man, my heart was beating so fast after doing this. I was so certain I was going to mess it up somewhere!
Fuckin' aye.

Clearly, I am a total scrub at this game and should stop playing immediately.

Seriously though, nice job... Dat head doe.

Marche90

... How can a song that only uses O and X in Extreme can be so hard? I just barely made it through Kagerou Daze with a Standard rank because I failed both Technical Zones and the Chance Time at the beginning

Dat 199 BPM, I guess :s

inb4 git gud

EDIT: Also, congrats Scher. I really wish I could be that good. Probably the best I'll be able to get in that song is a Standard rank if all the stars and planets align and allow me to. The only reason I can play the Extreme versions is because I have a decent sense of rhythm, since my coordination is absolutely terrible and that's what kills me.

Top Bottom