• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Kolma

Well I'm happy
ibzsnT4RyzvtOo.jpg

iAPP2ygJgHwXA.jpg

Just asking, what are the chances of getting that Weiβ Schwarz card in an European copy? I'm waiting for mine (it was supposed to arrive today but it didn't :/), and since I've seen that the EU copy doesn't have an instruction booklet I'd be quite saddened if I got a completely empty box (well, other than the game of course)

Scher

2D Dream Fever is weird because it just sounds like a bunch of random rhythms were just mashed together and none of it makes sense. It gets even worse when the guitar solos happen, because seriously, what the hell is the guitar even doing?

Kolma

2D Dream Fever is weird because it just sounds like a bunch of random rhythms were just mashed together and none of it makes sense. It gets even worse when the guitar solos happen, because seriously, what the hell is the guitar even doing?

You are listening to the wrong track on the star notes. There is a faint track to follow for it

SHarris78

Just asking, what are the chances of getting that Weiβ Schwarz card in an European copy? I'm waiting for mine (it was supposed to arrive today but it didn't :/), and since I've seen that the EU copy doesn't have an instruction booklet I'd be quite saddened if I got a completely empty box (well, other than the game of course)

I got one in my copy (UK), though it doesn't seem to do anything in game as far as i can tell.

MrBS

Holy hell this game is destroying me on normal. I don't remember being this terrible with the original. Will be sticking to easy for the time being :(

I got one in my copy (UK), though it doesn't seem to do anything in game as far as i can tell.

I read it works as an AR card? Not that it matters anyway, I just don't like seeing completely empty Vita cases so anything will work for me. I'm getting my copy from the UK too since the retailer only got 2 Italian copies, so that leaves me hopeful at least.

Mairu

Holy hell this game is destroying me on normal. I don't remember being this terrible with the original. Will be sticking to easy for the time being :(

I played a few songs last night and noticed the difficulty increase as well ;o

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I understand, Normal no longer is just two buttons, but all four now? At the very least, I won't be as bored having to unlock the harder difficulties.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, okay. Still sounds like Normal won't be as easy/boring, which is a good thing.

Maybe I'll get lucky & win a code tomorrow during Sega's Free Stuff Fridays.

Were these cards exclusive to some retailers? I never got one :(

It was a lottery, as mentioned earlier:

From Sega:
"Thank you for contacting us. SEGA was able to receive a small number of the cards for Weiß Schwarz, a trading card game produced by Bushiroad, for inclusion in the North American retail copies of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd. This card also functions as a AR Card for use in AR Live Mode. However, the amount was not enough to fulfill the higher than expected demand for the game. The AR cards were then packaged randomly into our initial retail allocation with the intention for fans to receive them at random. The AR Live Card from the first Project DIVA f also works with Project DIVA F 2nd and provides the same functionality as the Weiß Schwarz card. It can be accessed here http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/ar/dl/index.html
For more information about the Weiß Schwarz trading card game, please visit http://ws-tcg.com/en"

Stupidest way of distributing them period. Should have just made them one retailer exclusive so people that want it could for sure get it.
So for those of us who had bad luck of the draw and got no card, can someone scan it in so we can print it out? While they have the cards online for the original Diva f, they don't have this one from Diva f 2nd online.

Kolma

Slightly worried about the difficulty now reading this. I found normal on the previous game to be more than enough.

Playing Normal on this game felt like a difficulty between normal and hard on the previous game except only 2 buttons are ever used at once (easy only uses 1 button like previous game.

Hard is slightly harder than previous game.
Extreme seems to be on par.

I don't think the difficulty is necessarily harder in this game, they just put in harder, better, faster (stronger?) songs

IzzyF3

I did a run through on Normal. I agree that the songs aren't as good as F/f. I fell in love with those songs after excellenting all of it on hard. Maybe the songs here will do the same when I go for excellent/hard play through although I kind of doubt it.

I noticed that most of the songs that I liked here were generally pulled from past games, which makes sense since they wouldn't pull songs that weren't popular. That said though, the PVs for them were also generally basic dance videos, which I assume it's because they are just enhanced versions of the PSP PVs. I like the graphical improvements on this game so it was pretty disappointing to see that the PVs weren't as good as the first either.

Still though, there are songs and videos I do like, and more Miku never hurts. I'll still get the songs season pass, but I'll skip on the modules since the PVs weren't as good. If they were compatible with F/f, that would be a different story.

pariah164

And now, since I forgot to do this in the ƒ/F thread, little quickie thoughts on the songs. Part 1.

• Melt: Classic Miku. It was so nice to boot up the game and see this as the first song. Fun to listen to, fun to play.
  • Akatsuki Arrival: Miku/Luka duets are usually spot on, and this song is no exception. Surprisingly challenging.
  • packaged: I'm pretty neutral about this track. Don't love it, don't hate it.
  • Glory 3usi9: Oh, this song is fun and tricky to play. And it's associated module for the spirit version of Miku is very cute.
  • Two Breaths Walking: An old friend from the very first Project Diva. It was DLC. And now it's got it's own module and everything. I'm so proud. The song itself is pretty killer too, but I'm a fan of Miku's more rock-like songs.
  • Wintry Winds: My baeeeee. I have fond memories of this song too. Kaito and Meiko are great together in this one.
  • Love-Hate: I'd prefer to have Rin Rin Signal in this spot, to be honest, but I'll take it. Rin and Len are adorable in it, and it's not too annoying that I never wanna hear it again.
  • Clover♣Club: The best. I will always love this song and module, no matter what.
  • Miracle Paint: A very cute song and another favorite I was happy to see brought back.
  • Pinky Promise: This song creeps me out. Catchy, but. Nope.
  • Colorful x Melody: Another song I'm neutral about. It's okay.
  • Blackjack: A great Luka song. I love playing it, and it tends to get stuck in my head after a session of playing.
  • Clockwork Clown: This song can get fucked. Making me get a Standard on Normal? Fuuuuuck you, song. I don't care how catchy you are.
  • Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit): A Kaito song I actually like? Cue the flying Mikudayos. It's pretty good, and the module is funky enough without looking ridiculous.
  • Doubleganger: The title trips me up, but it's a pretty catchy song and I do dig it.
  • Roshin Yukai: Meltdown~. I had never heard this song till Project Diva came along, and it quickly became my definitive Rin song. Sogood.
  • Luka Luka★Night Fever: I think every Vocaloid has a 'Night Fever' song by this point, but this is definitely one of the better ones. Plus the module for it is pretty cute.
  • Knife: So this makes one of three songs where Miku dies, right? I love the modules in this, and the song is one I love to listen to over and over.
  • Sakura Rain: Good song? Yes. Pain in the ass to play? Very yes. I hate this song for its slowness.
  • This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee: This song is wonderful. I love it. I do wish it was the full version, but I'll take what I can get.

Scher

Yay!

This is a pretty fun song to play around with. Although I never played any of the older games, I've seen the videos of how this song used to be and I'm glad they changed it. The way it used to be just looks really annoying and lazily designed. Now to work on a perfect for 2D Dream Fever. I think I've got just about all that figured out, so it's just a matter of putting together the pieces.

dani_dc

After waiting awhile to download it, I finally got to play a couple songs before sleep.
So much fun. Normal songs feel a bit harsher compared to the first game, probably lost a bit of my touch as well.

Also happy this has a calibrate option.
For curiosity sake, what values did you guys get?
The calibration test gave me +11 on my Vita, havent tried playing a song with this calibration yet though.

Kolma

Yay!

This is a pretty fun song to play around with. Although I never played any of the older games, I've seen the videos of how this song used to be and I'm glad they changed it. The way it used to be just looks really annoying and lazily designed. Now to work on a perfect for 2D Dream Fever. I think I've got just about all that figured out, so it's just a matter of putting together the pieces.

Dat Blue Honey

I'm just happy beating the songs on extreme, getting perfect just isn't within my reach.

Also happy this has a calibrate option.
For curiosity sake, what values did you guys get?
The calibration test gave me +11 on my Vita, havent tried playing a song with this calibration yet though.

If you're playing on Vita, the correct calibration is 0. The calibration tool is only to be used with a PS3 or PS TV.

macklelol

I imported my save and played a bunch of songs, then I realized I had 20 million DP. I don't even know what to do with it...

I'm having trouble getting good scores on the songs I play, but that's probably cause I haven't played in a while and I usually play with 3 challenge items on lol.

Using the sticks on Vita makes star notes almost too easy. I'm getting the impression that I'm cheating or something, but I think I'll get over it. I'm not having much trouble on normal (yet) but then again I know the songs pretty well.

Yuuichi

Yay!

I wish you could tag people on here for personal use, because you've just been promoted to "inhuman monster".

ChrisD

THE GAME IS BEAUTIFUL
And these stick controls...
Guys this is too big a jump
AND THE MENU MUSIC
AHHHHH

Edit: Clover Club just went from "knifepoint" to an ingredients list. I don't know WTH I just read lol

Top Bottom