• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Nyoro SF

For everyone who has purchased the game, be sure to fill out this survey: http://www.sega.com/pdf2survey/

(Psst: if you hate linked stars as much as I do, you should totally leave feedback and ratings reflecting that!)

That hasn't stopped anyone from doing it anyway! My convention save has nearly every song set to feature a shirtless Len.

Yeah, I'm glad I caught that survey from the game's pre-title screen on Vita.
Ripped into linked stars, achievements that are setup purely for grind instead of fun, and suggested they revise the Easy/Normal/Hard/Extreme setup so that more hardcore players can just jump to Hard/Extreme and get unlocks faster without having to bother with Easy + Normal.

I'm so glad I can use the thumbsticks for stars on Vita now though, feels a lot more natural so I gave them positive feedback for that

I've never tried it myself, but while you can't do it in the Project Diva games, I believe the Project Mirai games have some songs that switch to a different vocal track if you use different characters.

This is true for select songs, yes.

In the past there were actually two songs in Project DIVA that featured alternate vocals - in the first game the alternate vocals appeared as distinct entries on the song list. When the two songs were repeated in DIVA 2nd, the alternate vocals were lost on PSP (as 2nd and extend did not store BGM and vocals separately), but returned in Dreamy Theater 2nd.

antibolo

Banned
It should be noted though, that many PVs will adjust some details when using different characters, which is a nice touch.

Examples:
- Any Miku song that includes all other characters as part of the PV will automatically swap out the character you selected with Miku (and in Senbonzakura it will use Miku's correct module)
- In Rin-chan Now! the Twitter captions will match the selected characters
- In Hello Worker the employee application sheet will properly show the name and photo of the selected character

Reknoc

I'm boring so I only change the module to the one that should be in the PV, the only exception being the MMO anthem salt in the wound thingy song where I changed Miku to Kaito

KNL1OXz.jpg

Miku could get a Haruka costume

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can I leave feedback on making the Sega songs like Magical Sound Shower & After Burner DLC?

Yuuichi

I love Rin-chan Now and I loved that they changed all the Twitter captions when I made every character Rin.

Holy shit I need to try this.

Filled out the survey and tried to troll Mullen at the same time, hope he reads some of it.

Man, Kagerou Daze is real fucked up for splitting up the inseparable teamwork I've built between my two thumbs. My individual fingers are hardly fast enough to do this, lol.

Once I got the Chance Time after many, many retries (those damn double swipes to arrows...), getting Excellent wasn't so bad, though.

Also, I can't believe it took me this long to notice that it's Chance Time that triggers PV alternate endings. I noticed that you could get different endings in F, and was definitely wondering what was up when one of my runs through Kagerou Daze was Miku on stage the whole time, but didn't put 2 and 2 together until now.

Novocaine

So far the game is good, but the songs aren't pulling me in as much as they did in the first. I'm still a little ways off unlocking all of the songs so I hope that changes. Overall it's much nicer looking than the first game though, and I love that I could import my save from the first game in.

Also that extreme tutorial. What the fuck!

antibolo

Banned
Man, Kagerou Daze is real fucked up for splitting up the inseparable teamwork I've built between my two thumbs. My individual fingers are hardly fast enough to do this, lol.

Once I got the Chance Time after many, many retries (those damn double swipes to arrows...), getting Excellent wasn't so bad, though.

Also, I can't believe it took me this long to notice that it's Chance Time that triggers PV alternate endings. I noticed that you could get different endings in F, and was definitely wondering what was up when one of my runs through Kagerou Daze was Miku on stage the whole time, but didn't put 2 and 2 together until now.

Kagerou Daze is literally two PVs in one, depending on whether or not you clear the Chance Time that is right at the very beginning of the song.

Well, that's all the songs on Extreme. I was all prepared to pride myself on not failing any songs at all, then 2D Dream Fever happened! Difficulty on Extreme feels about on-par with F.

All in all, I'd say my favorite track in the game is Miku's "okei, okei!" for getting Standard clear. Slays me every time.

Marche90

Well, that's all the songs on Extreme. I was all prepared to pride myself on not failing any songs at all, then 2D Dream Fever happened!

I am
not
ashamed to admit that I used Help Items to make it through this song. Played one round to see how hard the song was and I saw that I hadn't even cracked the 65%. I just went into a 'f*ck it' mood and used Double Killer and Extra Leeway to reach the 80% Even with that much help, I barely got through the song and even failed the first time using the help items.

All in all, I'd say my favorite track in the game is Miku's "okei, okei!" for getting Standard clear. Slays me every time.

Definitely cute. Y'know, I love how the vocaloids act when you get a DropXout: dropping to the floor and they seem to throw a tantrum for failing the song.

TRI Mike

1795786_10154844905695357_8452732669044236504_n.jpg

Finally got both games yes!

So far the songs are very good and you guys were right about Normal difficulty being quite difficult if you're not paying attention.

Nyoro SF

Did they nerf the amount of Diva points you used to get per song going from DF to DF2nd?

I feel much more strapped for cash than I remember.

Did they nerf the amount of Diva points you used to get per song going from DF to DF2nd?

I feel much more strapped for cash than I remember.

Not sure about the base earning values, but the maximum bonus from using Challenge items has greatly decreased despite being able to use multiples.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure about the base earning values, but the maximum bonus from using Challenge items has greatly decreased despite being able to use multiples.
Oh crap. I was able to tolerable farming points in the first game because of doubling or tripling the points I earned. Don't like the sound of this....

macklelol

You get less base points too. I think you got around 60k for perfecting an extreme song in F, but you only get around 35k now. The most DP I ever got on a single song was around 85k DP (perfect on extreme with 3 challenge items + spotlight song bonus), but that's actually only around 70k DP since you need to spend 15k just to use 3 challenge items. The prices on modules are cheaper, though.

Man, some of these unlock requirements are real goofy. Getting 21 total hits of a certain kind on Blackjack (aka missing 21 notes because the rest are too difficult to balance)? Intentionally failing This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee?

Can't fault them for not being creative, I guess.

some of these unlock requirements remind me that they have easy mode ;P

Given I can barely get Standard on The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku in Normal mode, I did exactly this when tasked with using the Overclocker challenge item.

I've got 3 songs left in Normal mode marked as Standard but the one that's annoying me the most is Doubleganger (currently at Great). The 2nd technical zone has messed me up every single time and always right at the start. I can just about hold it through the rest of the song.

Oh crap. I was able to tolerable farming points in the first game because of doubling or tripling the points I earned. Don't like the sound of this....

The real problem with farming points now is that the cool perfectionist from the first game isn't in this one (where the song power chart would only go down on safe or lower). For someone like myself who can drop multiple extreme perfects, it was pretty easy to throw that thing on every single time and get however many points I needed. Now there isn't a single modifier other than cool perfectionist + (which requires all perfects which I definitely cannot do) that doesnt dramatically change the game play. I've been able to do OK with the micro note one but still, i'm not gaining that many DP's...

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
To European Vita players: Check the Download Extra Content link on the LiveArea to claim the Vita Americana module and free Extra characters DLCs if you're eligible for them.
It won't work on the default PS Store for whatever reason.

The real problem with farming points now is that the cool perfectionist from the first game isn't in this one (where the song power chart would only go down on safe or lower). For someone like myself who can drop multiple extreme perfects, it was pretty easy to throw that thing on every single time and get however many points I needed. Now there isn't a single modifier other than cool perfectionist + (which requires all perfects which I definitely cannot do) that doesnt dramatically change the game play. I've been able to do OK with the micro note one but still, i'm not gaining that many DP's...

Uh, Perfectionist in f/F also required all Cools. The only change in F 2nd was it was sort of combined with Survival in that your gauge can't exceed 50%.

Uh, Perfectionist in f/F also required all Cools. The only change in F 2nd was it was sort of combined with Survival in that your gauge can't exceed 50%.

Indeed i believe the main reason it feels so different is because star notes now can get fine and safes and because the bonus was doubling the points ( or tripling them ) before but now all we get is a +50% bonus.

Clearly not the same

Scher

There is something super awkward about the timing of notes on Knife and it really bothers me. It's even more annoying to perfect than Clockwork Clown, which is certainly an accomplishment in and of itself.

There is something super awkward about the timing of notes on Knife and it really bothers me. It's even more annoying to perfect than Clockwork Clown, which is certainly an accomplishment in and of itself.

Well the first times i play that song i felt it too ..BUt now , i feel fine ( i think it's just a matter of getting used to it )
I haven't tried to learn the song AT ALL

Reknoc

well thats that, i'm never going to be able to clear normal mode

The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku
"well this is quite hard but I'm sure I'll get it eventually"

then

2D Dream Fever
*throws vita out the window*

pariah164

then

2D Dream Fever
Yeah that was pretty much my reaction. I can get Excellents for days on them, but never Perfect.

Going for the score-based unlockables, it's kinda jarring to see how close my Perfect scores are to ones where I break combos in the middle. I was resetting on any runs where I got misses because I thought it meant my score would tank, but evidently, broken combos are a loss of 7500 points at maximum (except Chance Time I guess).

All my Ouendan playing has irreversibly inflated my perceived value of combos I guess, lol.

anyways yeesh, even with Perfects on Extreme, hitting these unlockable goals takes a whole bunch of plays, huh?

Was it called survival? I'll double check, I just mean there was the modifier that allowed you to only get cool and greats whereas the one in F2 requires mandatory cools.

then

2D Dream Fever

If you practice on higher levels, it will improve your skills to the point where the easier difficulties aren't so bad. Don't get hung up on not being able to clear one song in medium to the point where you never branch out into hard or expert

Reknoc

Was it called survival? I'll double check, I just mean there was the modifier that allowed you to only get cool and greats whereas the one in F2 requires mandatory cools.

If you practice on higher levels, it will improve your skills to the point where the easier difficulties aren't so bad. Don't get hung up on not being able to clear one song in medium to the point where you never branch out into hard or expert

Yea, I'm probably going to go through Hard now, I've already cleared a couple of songs that I wanted to replay because I liked. Extreme is, likely never going to happen couldn't do it in F and I doubt I'll be able to do it here lol

Yea, I'm probably going to go through Hard now, I've already cleared a couple of songs that I wanted to replay because I liked. Extreme is, likely never going to happen couldn't do it in F and I doubt I'll be able to do it here lol

There are quite a few slow and easy songs like melt, packaged and sakura rain that you should be able to do eventually.

Also, the song "SPiCa" is named after the Virgo star constellation. At the end of the song, the star link pattern is actually the sign of Virgo on the horoscope. Woah

Reading through PDF threads is the one and ONLY time I actually feel like I have "gamer cred". I'm terrible at video games in general (hardly ever finish anything), but I play F and F 2nd exclusively in Extreme.

Mind you, this is someone who took forever to pass even songs on Easy when I first started out. My sense of rhythm is whack as well. Playing on Extreme was like a far-off fantasy. If I can do it, anyone can :D

That said, I still can't pass the last 4 difficult songs in F2nd :( (I don't use help items).

Reknoc

There are quite a few slow and easy songs like melt, packaged and sakura rain that you should be able to do eventually.

Also, the song "SPiCa" is named after the Virgo star constellation. At the end of the song, the star link pattern is actually the sign of Virgo on the horoscope. Woah

Yea I've tried Melt on extreme and actually managed to survive which I think is new for me lol

Reading through PDF threads is the one and ONLY time I actually feel like I have "gamer cred". I'm terrible at video games in general (hardly ever finish anything), but I play F and F 2nd exclusively in Extreme.

Mind you, this is someone who took forever to pass even songs on Easy when I first started out. My sense of rhythm is whack as well. Playing on Extreme was like a far-off fantasy. If I can do it, anyone can :D

That said, I still can't pass the last 4 difficult songs in F2nd :( (I don't use help items).

Still a very distant dream for me, whenever I see especially long lines my brain just turns off. Can't handle alternating between face button and dpad at all either.

Yuuichi

Still a very distant dream for me, whenever I see especially long lines my brain just turns off. Can't handle alternating between face button and dpad at all either.

Go back to normal, put your right hand (I'm under the assumption you're right handed) behind your back and play with only your left. Work your way up to basic hard with this. Then go back to normal with only alternating every note of every song. You'll pick it up much faster than you would expect.

Go back to normal, put your right hand (I'm under the assumption you're right handed) behind your back and play with only your left. Work your way up to basic hard with this. Then go back to normal with only alternating every note of every song. You'll pick it up much faster than you would expect.

I second this suggestion. It was also very weird for me to play with 2 hands at first and I tried all sorts of combinations. In the end it's really all about getting that muscle memory in. Practice on Hard and basically force yourself to alternate hands when pressing buttons. You'll find this actually makes the game more manageable and you will naturally develop a preference for dual-wielding. And then a new world of PDF will open before you and you will start enjoying the game in a way you haven't before :D

Reknoc

I second this suggestion. It was also very weird for me to play with 2 hands at first and I tried all sorts of combinations. In the end it's really all about getting that muscle memory in. Practice on Hard and basically force yourself to alternate hands when pressing buttons. You'll find this actually makes the game more manageable and you will naturally develop a preference for dual-wielding. And then a new world of PDF will open before you and you will start enjoying the game in a way you haven't before :D

I'll have to try that then thanks.

Turns out the "get at least one Extreme clear" song is Packaged. The victory actually seems really hollow though since it's a piece of piss lol

B3_94NwIIAAeq6t.jpg

edit: holy shit, i was so close to getting my first perfect on that as well. the pain.

emiliano

I've started playing with F one handed and was pretty confident, then Senbonzakura hard happened. To train myself to use both hands I've started a new save and continued with it until I have perfected all the easy songs and some of the normal ones. Now I'm used to it and the game is much more enjoyable, but I have still difficulties to cope with alternate note sequences, like triangle/circle/triangle/circle, sometimes I feel my brain melt and lose the ability to discern the buttons I'm pressing lol.

Top Bottom