• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Things still trickling out:

Kagamine Len Christmas Costume Module (PS Vita)

Summer Memories (Pink) UI Skin (PS Vita)

EDIT: Some more info posted in the Sega forum:

NullPointer said:
http://blogs.sega.com/2014/12/09/new-downloadable-content-available-for-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd/

Details for this month here guys.

Also, note there is a bundle for the Christmas modules, which I don't think is live yet. So if you want them all and you're not in the Costume Club, make sure you wait for the bundle to go live.

Muzy72

Banned
If I import the save data from the first Project DIVA f to f 2nd, will I be able to go back to DIVA f, unlock more stuff, and transfer to f 2nd?

It said I could only import the Japanese save data for f 2nd once, but it didn't say anything like that when it asked me if I wanted to import my save from the first game.

For some reason this particular screen doesn't allow screenshots, but it definitely says:

You can transfer save data from "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f" once.

If you do it from selecting "New Game" at the title screen, anyway.

I'm on a high after tonight's Agents of SHIELD. So much so that I can't sleep, so I went ahead and started what I think will be the layout for the news update post on the first page of this thread. I hope that makes it clear and easy to find what you need at first glance. Images and other stuff will follow later.

Is there an easier way to get them to give you Requests instead of Fever?
I always mess it up and now that I'm Rank 5 with them, they move their heads. >.>

emiliano

I'm having problems downloading the costumes using the costume club. I can't find anywere an option to download them without paying. Also, at the moment of buying the costume and song club, the PS store didn't gave me anything to download, so now I have the purchases on the history but nothing else... And there is nothing in the dowload list. Also still can't download the module pack from the first game. Why things must be so complicated... :(
Has any other having issues?

ZeroAKA

I'm on a high after tonight's Agents of SHIELD. So much so that I can't sleep, so I went ahead and started what I think will be the layout for the news update post on the first page of this thread. I hope that makes it clear and easy to find what you need at first glance. Images and other stuff will follow later.
Looks good to me, nice job!

That Agents of SHIELD episode was amazing.

The game froze right when I finally got another request. :<

Edit: I could deal with the tedious process of getting these requests if the heart wouldn't suddenly stop when I'm rubbing the vocaloids.

-_-

Hycran

Banned
What is the recommended module set is for "Two-Sided Lovers" so the "Broken Heart" will unlock?

Thanks!

"Conflicted" on both vocaloids. There is a recommended set button you can click and it will be greyed out if you don't have the proper module at the song selection screen

Not anyone here in particular, but I remember people saying that playing these games on anything other than the Vita is much harder due to button input lag even with the calibrator. I thought they were just overreacting, but I just tried it for the first time on the PS TV...

I still can't get it to feel "just right" on my TV. I barely manage to get Standard on songs.

Not anyone here in particular, but I remember people saying that playing these games on anything other than the Vita is much harder due to button input lag even with the calibrator. I thought they were just overreacting, but I just tried it for the first time on the PS TV...

I still can't get it to feel "just right" on my TV. I barely manage to get Standard on songs.

The automatic calibrator does fuck all. It took a lot of tick-by-tick adjustment (for both 1st and 2nd individually) but the timing on my monitor is near perfect after changing it manually. Maybe it's different on a TV though.

Scher

The automatic calibrator does fuck all. It took a lot of tick-by-tick adjustment (for both 1st and 2nd individually) but the timing on my monitor is near perfect after changing it manually. Maybe it's different on a TV though.

Yes, the in game calibrator is awful and shouldn't be trusted for anything.

It's generally best to start with large increases and see how it impacts timing when calibrating manually. When I calibrated for my TV, I would do increases of 10 until I stopped seeing a noticeable improvement in response. From there, it's just a matter of doing small adjustments until you get it just right. I ended up setting my calibration to -76, which was a far cry from the +12 the in game calibration recommended.

Yes, the in game calibrator is awful and shouldn't be trusted for anything.

It's generally best to start with large increases and see how it impacts timing when calibrating manually. When I calibrated for my TV, I would do increases of 10 until I stopped seeing a noticeable improvement in response. From there, it's just a matter of doing small adjustments until you get it just right. I ended up setting my calibration to -76, which was a far cry from the +12 the in game calibration recommended.

Thanks for the advice guys, gonna try again. The in-game calibrator kept recommending me +11 every time when I was trying it out.

I'm heading to China and Japan tomorrow, but figured I would upload these to hopefully inspire some people.

Hard song but fun

20141208_224102_zpsd39bb69c.jpg

SPiCa is probably my new favorite song, love love love it.

This brought me above 20 extreme perfects in diva f2nd although i'm past that now

And finally due to my power level increasing I am now at 30 or 31 extreme perfects in Diva F with this guy being number 30

play on players!

So I'm going to buy this game for the PS3 for my little sister as a Christmas gift since we both enjoyed the first one so much (Yeah, I'm definitely buying it so I can play it :p). I was wondering if there was any word on how many dlc songs will be released? By my calculations, if the Song Club saves you at least 25% and costs you $30, with each song being $3, then they'll be at least 13 dlc songs within the first 6 months, but the costume club seems to be a way better deal since there is already $28 of costumes scheduled to come out in December. Also, if I buy the Song Club on Christmas, will I get the (1?) dlc song that will be out by then, or do I miss out on that? Same question about the Costume Club and Christmas costumes

I see on the store page that Yellow will be one of the dlc songs coming, and that is one of my favorites, so I'm questioning if I should get the song club. My sister will probably for sure want the costume club, so I might get that as well it includes the Christmas costumes.

Edit: Saw the costume club is $70. Prob won't get it and just get some individual ones.

SHarris78

I assumed if you've already splurged on the Costume Module Pack you'd get everything released in the future for 'free' (modules only obviously), yet its still showing as having to purchase the Christmas Module. Is this a separate purchase, or have Sony not updated stuff yet?

Edit: Also, can't seem to download anything to my PS3 despite it being crossbuy DLC, all present and correct on my Vita though.

I assumed if you've already splurged on the Costume Module Pack you'd get everything released in the future for 'free' (modules only obviously), yet its still showing as having to purchase the Christmas Module. Is this a separate purchase, or have Sony not updated stuff yet?

Edit: Also, can't seem to download anything to my PS3 despite it being crossbuy DLC, all present and correct on my Vita though.
There's also supposed to be a bundle for non-costume clubbers but that has not materialized in NA as of yesterday evening. Seems to be some issues with it, should hopefully be resolved soon.

c-murph

Ah, man I haven't even had a chance to crack open the NA Miku 2nd for my PS3 or Vita yet... Holiday week. Gotta finish that Platinum on my JPN Vita copy first... 2 more trophies.

Ah, man I haven't even had a chance to crack open the NA Miku 2nd for my PS3 or Vita yet... Holiday week. Gotta finish that Platinum on my JPN Vita copy first... 2 more trophies.

NA version has JP save data compatibility, so you can just import it into your NA copy and finish off the plat.

NA version has JP save data compatibility, so you can just import it into your NA copy and finish off the plat.
More accurately, you can transfer your server-side cross save data one way into the NA version, but of course it requires you to play both versions on the same PSN account.

(I am playing on different PSN accounts so I get to start over .-.)

So having just bought a PS3, I picked this game up. I played both Project Diva 2nd and Extend on my old PSP phat a while ago (by making a Japanese PSN account) and wanted to try it out on my large projector.

They've definitely improved a lot of things, but one thing that's bothering me is they seem to have made it MUCH harder for your life meter to completely drain during a song. I don't think I've had my meter drain ONCE so far, except when I had that "good cool perfectionist" mod enabled.

Also, why even bother having 3D if you can't use it during gameplay? It's too bad because the 3D looks really good!

Edit: Also, in terms of input lag calibration, does anyone know what the input lag "ticks" are actually measured in? Is +2 an additional two miliseconds, or some other unit of time?

I ask because I already have my TV calibrated for Stepmania, and it would be nice if I could just plug in that number...

Can anyone give me tips on how to get clear chance time in Kagerou Daze. I cant figure out how to switch between star and arrow notes unless I grow a third arm, by the time my finger move from the screen to the button I already miss the note -,-

Caladrius

Is the international save transfer one-way? I was wondering if I could get the PS3 exclusive modules from my NA save onto my JP version.

So having just bought a PS3, I picked this game up. I played both Project Diva 2nd and Extend on my old PSP phat a while ago (by making a Japanese PSN account) and wanted to try it out on my large projector.

They've definitely improved a lot of things, but one thing that's bothering me is they seem to have made it MUCH harder for your life meter to completely drain during a song. I don't think I've had my meter drain ONCE so far, except when I had that "good cool perfectionist" mod enabled.

Also, why even bother having 3D if you can't use it during gameplay? It's too bad because the 3D looks really good!

Edit: Also, in terms of input lag calibration, does anyone know what the input lag "ticks" are actually measured in? Is +2 an additional two miliseconds, or some other unit of time?

I ask because I already have my TV calibrated for Stepmania, and it would be nice if I could just plug in that number...

I'm pretty sure it's in milliseconds.

Caladrius

Yes, the safe transfer is one way... and there is nothing exclusive to the PS3 version of the game.

Gotcha, thanks, though I meant the PS3 exclusives from the first Diva F. I know you can unlock the costumes in F 2nd, but I didn't want to mess around with unlocking and buying them there.

ChrisD

Can anyone give me tips on how to get clear chance time in Kagerou Daze. I cant figure out how to switch between star and arrow notes unless I grow a third arm, by the time my finger move from the screen to the button I already miss the note -,-

Pull your thumbs away from the system and use both sticks. Left stick, right stick, arrow, pull thumbs back. Do it again. (Just not when you need to hit the three arrows) If I tried one stick it was hard to get the other thumb to engage, and if you keep your thumb near the buttons it's hard to go back to sticks. Make an exaggerated movement between the two, basically.

hamchan

Just got the platinum in the first Project Diva f. Now to do it on this game. I kinda wish that there wasn't any trophies related to diva room, and that extreme level had some trophies.

Just got the platinum in the first Project Diva f. Now to do it on this game. I kinda wish that there wasn't any trophies related to diva room, and that extreme level had some trophies.

Dreamy Theater 2nd and extend both had trophies that required you to obtain perfects on every song in Extreme. Careful what you wish for.

Scher

I'm pretty sure it's in milliseconds.

Just to reaffirm this, yes, the calibration value is in units of milliseconds.

Don't know how useful this advice would be to you, but you could try using a southpaw grip for that section, so that your thumb would always be on the analog and your index finger would be used to press X and O. It works out pretty well for me, but I'm also really accustomed to using a southpaw grip since that's how I play action games.

Dreamy Theater 2nd and extend both had trophies that required you to obtain perfects on every song in Extreme. Careful what you wish for.

To be honest, I've never understood the point of a platinum trophy that requires less than this level of completion. Perfects might be a bit excessive, but giving you the "done everything completionist" trophy without ever having to play the highest difficulty level seems silly.

Of course, I've never been much of a trophy chaser. Only have a single platinum to my name, so maybe other people have different expectations of what platinum should mean.

To be honest, I've never understood the point of a platinum trophy that requires less than this level of completion. Perfects might be a bit excessive, but giving you the "done everything completionist" trophy without ever having to play the highest difficulty level seems silly.

Of course, I've never been much of a trophy chaser. Only have a single platinum to my name, so maybe other people have different expectations of what platinum should mean.

It's because, while you may not be a trophy chaser, there are many people who are - to the point that there were actually people who chose not to purchase F 2nd NA/EU due to it sharing trophies with the JP version. There are people who really do buy the game just to collect all the trophies, and dumbing the trophies down to these people really does seem to have an impact on sales.

And besides, the Dreamy Theater releases were not full retail games and thus lacked platinum trophies entirely. They just have really, really hard gold trophies.

Top Bottom