• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Marche90

Curiously, I like Meiko's original tuning in Nostalogic quite a bit. I didn't knew that people don't like her to have a high pitch...

SimonM7

On the Rocks is a great song from the Mirai games - made specifically for the games, I think. This is also where I noticed that Kaito is higher-pitched than Meiko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt1jo57rKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnu1Z7sdLM
How does anyone play this game? Look at Kaito at the piano! I will drop the 3DS repeatedly from how adorable this is. It will make hitting notes difficult.

Nostalogic was supposed to have a younger Meiko voice, which may be the problem here. (I have no idea what happened with Stay with Me.)

Another thing that got released last November was the "Meiko-san Mix" of Nostalogic, which should help with that particular issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUY44zLeaMQ
It certainly sounds better and less monotonous, but I don't think it really play to her strengths still. I think she has a lot of nuance in her voice that is lost when she's pitched that high, in my opinion.

I want to see a game where Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl can be used.

It will probably never happen.
Yeah. :)

Actually - cards on table; I think GUMI has one of the better voices of all of them. If the Project Diva games would just adopt her, I'd be fine.

http://youtu.be/7F4Cmu6vF-I
That hazy voice <3

I noticed that the latest Exit Tunes compilation, Vocalospace, has some of these songs we're talking about. Now I just have to wait for some cheap used copies on Amazon to actually be able to justify a CD copy...

Anyway, I had to buy some of those new Meiko songs - Snow White Princess is still one of my favorites, and anything by PolyphonicBranch is a big deal.

It's gonna be interesting to check out Mirai DX when it hits. It'll be my first Mirai game.

Heh, I don't even have a 3DS and I'm considering getting the game anyway and then get a cheap 3DS in the future. I don't want to risk not finding the game anymore.

I want to see a game where Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl can be used.

It will probably never happen.

Well, Mirai 2 has a song with Gumi in it (1,2 Fanclub), so again while unlikely it's not completely impossible. I'd personally like them to add some collaboration songs like this in the main Project Diva franchise too, now that would be really cool. :/

Curiously, I like Meiko's original tuning in Nostalogic quite a bit. I didn't knew that people don't like her to have a high pitch...

It's not that I don't like her having a high pitched voice, I just generally dislike songs with high pitched voices... that's why my favourites are lower pitched voices, like Gumi and Iroha. :)

SimonM7

Well, Mirai 2 has a song with Gumi in it (1,2 Fanclub)

I gotta say, I've underestimated just how much I should be looking forward to this game. In addition to realising just how face meltingly cute it is above, I just noticed that "Shake It" is in the game, and love that song absolutely stupid amounts from this performance.

And Gumi songs on top of that. :O

I noticed that the latest Exit Tunes compilation, Vocalospace, has some of these songs we're talking about. Now I just have to wait for some cheap used copies on Amazon to actually be able to justify a CD copy...

Anyway, I had to buy some of those new Meiko songs - Snow White Princess is still one of my favorites, and anything by PolyphonicBranch is a big deal.

I've been thinking about importing some CDs from the same place I get the concerts. I'm a bit intimidated by the different audio quality and DRM circumstances of digital song purchases. Especially the older albums. iTunes aren't very transparent with that stuff since they scrapped the "plus" moniker.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick swung by GameStop to ask about amiibo situation & trade something in, noticed that for the rest of the month, Project Diva F2 is on sale for $30 (both PS3 & Vita). I have just enough credit (well once I get $10 emailed to me) to get the Vita version, but I also want Kirby & The Rainbow Curse as well. I thought the first game was rather fun when I got it on sale, even if the song list was a bit lacking when I had to farm for points.

I'm guessing $30 for a physical Vita version for f2 is a good deal?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
StarCreator said on the previous page in this post that the F 2nd games seem to have seen a price drop to $29.95.
Hmm. Strange, because I noticed on the GameStop poster, it said 2/1# to 3/1 in small text. Made it sound like it was a sale, especially since it said the PS3 version was $20 off.

I won't get the rest of my credit until Monday or Tuesday, so I'll give it a few days to decide.

Also aww crap, were those UI skins only free for a limited set of time? I really wish I knew that before hand, because I would've put them on my download list.

Edit: Looks like I missed out on the free skins from batches 1 through 3, but got 4 through 6. I never heard anything about them being free only for a limited time.

SimonM7

Hmm. Strange, because I noticed on the GameStop poster, it said 2/1# to 3/1 in small text. Made it sound like it was a sale, especially since it said the PS3 version was $20 off.

Are Gamestop over there usually competitive with that stuff? Here in Sweden I visit Gamestop sometimes just to laugh at their absurd prices.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It seems to be part of a sale relating to "hey, spend your tax refund money on some games that're discounted!" Though I just checked Amazon & seems to be $30 for Vita as well, with $25 for PS3.

Hmmm, maybe f 2nd will be part of another Flash Sale like the first game. Least I know the game dropped in price.

Well, Mirai 2 has a song with Gumi in it (1,2 Fanclub), so again while unlikely it's not completely impossible. I'd personally like them to add some collaboration songs like this in the main Project Diva franchise too, now that would be really cool. :/

Yeah, that's sort of what I mean, I don't think the "darker" songs can appear in the Mirai games.

I've been thinking about importing some CDs from the same place I get the concerts. I'm a bit intimidated by the different audio quality and DRM circumstances of digital song purchases. Especially the older albums. iTunes aren't very transparent with that stuff since they scrapped the "plus" moniker.

There isn't really DRM for digital music now - iTunes dropping "plus" is because the whole store became DRM-free. Of course, the quality is only as good as the CD rips the label provides.

When I finally saw the Exit Tunes compilations in person, I realized the prices are sky-high because they bundle them with various pointless trinkets. I was able to buy cheaper used ones that were just the CD, but I'm not sure if you have to wait before those become available un-bundled.

SimonM7

Yeah, that's sort of what I mean, I don't think the "darker" songs can appear in the Mirai games.

Some songs are prolly dark enough that they won't end up in either, to be fair. Matryoshka Girl is in Mirai, though, which I always thought had a sinister quality about it. I haven't read the lyrics.

There isn't really DRM for digital music now - iTunes dropping "plus" is because the whole store became DRM-free. Of course, the quality is only as good as the CD rips the label provides.

Ahh. I didn't know they retroactively removed it on the pre-plus songs. I honestly don't know a lot about iTunes. I have it because I have a podcast on there and I need to check that it works, mostly. :D I mostly use Spotify for music, but although there's a ton of vocaloid stuff on there, a lot of specific albums/artists are yet to appear. At least here in Sweden.

When I finally saw the Exit Tunes compilations in person, I realized the prices are sky-high because they bundle them with various pointless trinkets. I was able to buy cheaper used ones that were just the CD, but I'm not sure if you have to wait before those become available un-bundled.

Ahh, I see. I'm still fairly modest in my desires at this point, so I think I'm gonna nab some livetune and Ryo/supercell stuff to begin with. Those are reasonably priced.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've attempted to perfect Hard 2D Dream Fever countless times but I've yet to ever succeed the second Technical Zone, or more precisely that fucking ring of circles, I always go off-beat every single goddamn time. Do you by any chance have any advice for it?

Sorry for the late response. I think it's the same speed as the fast notes that proceed earlier in the section and at the start of the tech zone, it's just that there's more of them to hit.

antibolo

Banned
Ugh I finally perfected Extreme Look This Way Baby today, it was itching me since that post by raidergale way back in December. I REALLY hate those short holds, and that tiny part after the first technical zone where there is a string that looks like:

triangle-square-blank-square-triangle

I don't know why but I kept failing at that pattern! Aaaarggghhh

cj_iwakura

Not digging the OST as much as 1's so far, but it has some gems; namely Wintry Winds, Knife, and The Committee of Happiness(etc.).

antibolo

Banned
I hate this song so much.
Up2RiUh.jpg

Whoever decided to rank it as a mere 4 star song (ie. lowest possible rank for Hard) should be taken to the streets and shot in broad daylight.

And while we're at it, bring the person who made the "clear 39 technical zones" unlock condition as well. I wouldn't have forced myself to play this damn song so much if it weren't for that stupid unlock.

ZeroAKA

And while we're at it, bring the person who made the "clear 39 technical zones" unlock condition as well. I wouldn't have forced myself to play this damn song so much if it weren't for that stupid unlock.
I gave up on that a long time ago. I don't think it's required for the platinum either.

antibolo

Banned
I gave up on that a long time ago. I don't think it's required for the platinum either.

Wait what? It's not? I thought you needed to buy everything in the game to get all silver trophies.

Anyway, I'm almost done with all the song-specific unlocks so I might as well finish them.

Marche90

You do need it. The requirement itself isn't a trophy, but what it unlocks is needed for one. Needless to say, not even as a mistake I play that song...

Getting the plat for this game was so much fun [/sarcasm]

jzbluz

I can't even get a perfect in an easy song. On the plus side, I managed to get a great in an extreme song (the easiest one though), something I still haven't done in the previous game.

antibolo

Banned
I can't even get a perfect in an easy song. On the plus side, I managed to get a great in an extreme song (the easiest one though), something I still haven't done in the previous game.

Don't feel bad about it, I hate trying to perfect Easy songs because there's so very few prompts that I just get off-beat and hit Safes from lack of attention. Makes me really angry and sad.

In any case, if you can get a Great in the easiest Extreme song (Packaged, I assume?) then there is really no point in still bothering with Easy, you're not going to gain any more from it. The game never requires you to play Easy anyway, apart from a few dumb "play every difficulty once" unlocks.

Whoever decided to rank it as a mere 4 star song (ie. lowest possible rank for Hard) should be taken to the streets and shot in broad daylight.

THIS ...SO MUCH THIS

i still haven't my plat thanks to unlocks like this

Novocaine

The "get 39 of cool/good/safe" etc is way worse. For the technical zones I just went back every few songs and played a couple, it went past fairly quickly.

macklelol

I don't think you need either of those for the plat (get 39 Cool/Fine/Safe/whatever or the 39 technical zones). I mean, I didn't even do the 39 Cool/Fine/whatever one and I didn't buy the accessory that gets unlocked for the 39 technical zones and I still have the plat.

SimonM7

I just nabbed a few new perfects myself. I reckon Miku Miku You is one of those initally overwhelming flurries of directions and changing prompts, but there's usually a fairly logical sequence when you really look at them. Often a circular motion in either direction, or a repeating pattern, even though the way the prompts are spaced it doesn't appear that way.

I'll grant that it's a pretty annoying song, though, so that makes things harder.

changemeperf0bkp6.jpg
mikuyouperfq4kla.jpg

antibolo

Banned
Haven't gone through I'll Miku Miku You on Extreme yet but I'm pretty sure it'll be super infuriating, if the Hard version is any indication. I had a tough time just physically pulling off some of the stuff in Hard (quick arrow note changes between left and right, and the Chance Time ending where you go straight from alternating buttons to the big star), the thought of what Extreme may have in store freaks me out!

BTW you can take screenshots in the PS3 version you know ;) Just open the XMB and go to Photos and you'll have the Save Screenshot function.

The "get 39 of cool/good/safe" etc is way worse.

Those are stupid but pretty quick to do, just go to Easy difficulty and deliberately miss all notes until you hit the needed amount, then clear the rest.

SimonM7

Haven't gone through I'll Miku Miku You on Extreme yet but I'm pretty sure it'll be super infuriating, if the Hard version is any indication. I had a tough time just physically pulling off some of the stuff in Hard (quick arrow note changes between left and right, and the Chance Time ending where you go straight from alternating buttons to the big star), the thought of what Extreme may have in store freaks me out!

BTW you can take screenshots in the PS3 version you know ;) Just open the XMB and go to Photos and you'll have the Save Screenshot function.

Oooh x 2 :D

Oooh #1: I hadn't realised you were playing on hard. I was all :O at your talking about nearly perfecting 2D Dream Fever. :D I'm still getting beaten bloody by that song. It's sort of cathartic to play, though. I feel like I'm in one of those game show boxes where they turn on a fan and dollar bills start flying, and you just kinda try to catch as many as you can.

Oooh #2: Screenshots! I took one just now - now to figure out how to get it onto my computer....

I did it! I uh.. I found a USB stick and.. copied the file like a boss!

...holy shit that's big. I'm gonna shrink it down a bit. There. That works. :)

antibolo

Banned
Oooh x 2 :D

Oooh #1: I hadn't realised you were playing on hard. I was all :O at your talking about nearly perfecting 2D Dream Fever. :D I'm still getting beaten bloody by that song. It's sort of cathartic to play, though. I feel like I'm in one of those games how boxes where they turn on a fan and dollar bills start flying, and you just kinda try to catch as many as you can.

Oooh #2: Screenshots! I took one just now - now to figure out how to get it onto my computer....

Oh god no! I don't think I've even tried Extreme 2D Dream Fever yet. From what I can tell of previous posts I'm definitely waaaaay below your skill level. I do play a bunch of Extreme songs but can't do much at 9 star rank and above, and 8.5 usually means a Great at best. Yesterday I was grinding Extreme Romeo and Cinderella for the better part of the day but still can't go higher than 92% (man, fuck that first technical zone).

I'll give a shot at Extreme I'll Miku Miku You tonight but I'm pretty sure I won't even end the night with an Excellent.

Nyoro SF

really hope the DLC goes on sale too

It is more likely that the human species will go extinct in the heat death of our universe than DLC getting discounts on PSN. If you want the game to cheapen up, go bother SEGA on Twitter for a Steam port :p

Regarding stupid unlocks not only is that 39 one annoying but ones where they ask me to get a combined score yet don't show me my progress towards it... orz

jzbluz

Don't feel bad about it, I hate trying to perfect Easy songs because there's so very few prompts that I just get off-beat and hit Safes from lack of attention. Makes me really angry and sad.

In any case, if you can get a Great in the easiest Extreme song (Packaged, I assume?) then there is really no point in still bothering with Easy, you're not going to gain any more from it. The game never requires you to play Easy anyway, apart from a few dumb "play every difficulty once" unlocks.

I started on normal but went down to easy to use the challenge items. I'm still struggling on normal, although I managed to beat a few hard songs and that one extreme.

How often does dlc go on sale? I haven't even bought dlc for F because I'm waiting for a sale.

Edit: So never, huh.

SimonM7

I'll give a shot at Extreme I'll Miku Miku You tonight but I'm pretty sure I won't even end the night with an Excellent.

When it throws lots of changing prompts at you, almost every time there's a fairly simple pattern to it. Just make sure to figure those out, because those are the most likely to trip you up.

There isn't really any quick/dual wieldy stuff in it, if I recall right.

ZeroAKA

Wait what? It's not? I thought you needed to buy everything in the game to get all silver trophies.

Anyway, I'm almost done with all the song-specific unlocks so I might as well finish them.

You do need it. The requirement itself isn't a trophy, but what it unlocks is needed for one. Needless to say, not even as a mistake I play that song...

Getting the plat for this game was so much fun [/sarcasm]
The unlock for that objective is an accessory iirc. You only have to buy a certain number of accessories (not all of them) for the trophy, so that specific one isn't a requirement. I skipped it and still got the trophy.

antibolo

Banned
When it throws lots of changing prompts at you, almost every time there's a fairly simple pattern to it. Just make sure to figure those out, because those are the most likely to trip you up.

There isn't really any quick/dual wieldy stuff in it, if I recall right.

Hmm I definitely did dual wield most of the alternating button chains in Hard, it was too much crazy fingerwork otherwise.

Anyway I'll keep your advice in mind, thanks.

SimonM7

NOOOOOOOO I was so close after only 15 minutes lol

:D

And about dual wielding -- if you already have the fundamentals of that down, you've got a really great foundation for songs on Extreme. I always get my ass kicked on technical zones where they employ super quick series' of button presses, and for just clearing songs, the extra metre you get for technical zones is sssuper important, so you can take a beating during the dizzying clusterfucks of prompts coming at you otherwise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, this'll be on sale tomorrow for $24, or $20 for PS+. Glad I waited, now I'm saving $10 for going digital instead of physical.

Yeah, I need to go to YouTube & give the DLC songs a listen, but I wouldn't mind the DLC going on sale, mainly the Song Pass for $20ish. Having more songs will help when grinding for points/the objectives.

hamchan

I think putting the song pass on sale kinda screws over the early adopters since not all the DLC songs are out yet. So personally I hope it doesn't go on sale.

I think putting the song pass on sale kinda screws over the early adopters since not all the DLC songs are out yet. So personally I hope it doesn't go on sale.

If DLC goes on sale, it's always a separately listed item in the blog post announcing the sale. (As seen right now with the Muramasa Rebirth DLC.)

And there's no DLC listed for this sale.

SimonM7

How are you getting the images onto your PC? I used USB but wondering if there is an easier/quicker way.

I literally just found out thanks to antibolo that you can even take screenshots, so I don't know if there's an easier way than USB. It's especially annoying that you have to quit the game to copy them to the USB stick, so if there's a more convenient way I'd like to know as well.

antibolo

Banned
Today's Miku report:

I finally beat 2D Dream Fever! Close shave, but I'll take it!

Congrats, man! I need to get in on this.

The hardest Extreme song I've attempted to clear so far is probably Paradichlorobenzene, with my highest result being a 79% lol. 10 star songs still scare me too much.

Top Bottom