• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Downloading it now. Hoping since the college has slightly better internet, it'll finished by the time I'm done with class & I can play a few songs while waiting for my other class.

Edit: quick first impressions:

- OH THANK GOD ANALOG SUPPORT FOR STAR NOTES
- Having unlockables tied to songs & seeing the requirements for specific ones & shared ones is kind of a nice change. It gives me more motivation to go back to the song eventually & do whatever requirements.
- Page skip button for scrolling through the longer menus is very nice to have after it was missing in the first game.
- Does transferring items I unlocked in the first game count towards progress for trophies tied to unlocking items?
- Damn, making the song harder doesn't increase diva points earned....

antibolo

Banned
So I was looking back at the past discussions about the really easy DLC songs (ie. Aikotoba and Yellow), and I have to say, I have absolutely no idea how some of you guys can perfect a brand new song on your very first attempt.

For me, no matter how extremely easy a song can be, my very first attempt going blind will always be riddled with Safes, as my mind has not yet had the chance to "map" the button prompts to the various rhythmic aspects of the song. It's only on the second attempt that I can confidently say "yeah, I got this" and perfect it without any trouble.

I guess I'm just really bad at doing a song from visual cues alone. I also need to "parse" the song before I can get the timing right, and that requires at least one listen.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't worry too much about this.

So I was looking back at the past discussions about the really easy DLC songs (ie. Aikotoba and Yellow), and I have to say, I have absolutely no idea how some of you guys can perfect a brand new song on your very first attempt.

For me, no matter how extremely easy a song can be, my very first attempt going blind will always be riddled with Safes, as my mind has not yet had the chance to "map" the button prompts to the various rhythmic aspects of the song. It's only on the second attempt that I can confidently say "yeah, I got this" and perfect it without any trouble.

I guess I'm just really bad at doing a song from visual cues alone. I also need to "parse" the song before I can get the timing right, and that requires at least one listen.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't worry too much about this.

Besides the previously mentioned points - mainly that a decent portion of players in the thread are experienced rhythm gamers - it's also worth pointing out that all DLC (except one song that hasn't hit stateside yet) have been songs lifted from the PSP titles - and a majority of their note charts have actually been simplified a bit since their original appearance. People not new to the series are not playing these songs for the first time, which helps.

antibolo

Banned
Besides the previously mentioned points - mainly that a decent portion of players in the thread are experienced rhythm gamers - it's also worth pointing out that all DLC (except one song that hasn't hit stateside yet) have been songs lifted from the PSP titles - and a majority of their note charts have actually been simplified a bit since their original appearance. People not new to the series are not playing these songs for the first time, which helps.

That's true. As I said I'm probably thinking too much into it.

SimonM7

I've heard Yellow outside of the game quite a few times - enough that I pretty much knew the song beforehand. On Extreme, they map most buttons/notes in a pretty logical way, because there are only so many notes in the song in the first place. If the song is already in your head, and they don't do anything funky with the chart (picking some distant bassline or drum sequence to base it on) you'll bbbbasically be pressing buttons along with the song as you know it.

Most of the time the songs will throw you for enough of a loop enough with the changing prompts, however, so it's disappearingly rare that you strike an instant home run.

Congrats, man!
Thanks!

ChrisD

I'm the same way in that a first go-round is nigh impossible. I have to get a feel for the notes, no matter how easy they may be. Took three tries for Yellow, and four for Aikotoba. Meanwhile, Rolling Girl - a song I've listened to waaaay too much - still took me ten tries to Perfect. ...The play count is up to thirty-seven and I still only Perfect it once out of every five plays or so, lol.

Speaking of Season Pass content, I'm excited for more, but I honestly feel I've already got my money's worth just out of Rolling Girl and Yellow. Before purchasing it, the former was only playable for me at the Arcade, and that gets expensive, man.

SimonM7

Speaking of Season Pass content, I'm excited for more, but I honestly feel I've already got my money's worth just out of Rolling Girl and Yellow. Before purchasing it, the former was only playable for me at the Arcade, and that gets expensive, man.

Looking at the complete japanese list, there's a mix of songs I really love and songs I've never heard still coming, but beyond that there are plenty of songs yet I'm afraid I'll never get to play in a Diva/Mirai game. There's no arcade Diva game here, nor do I own a PSP any more, so my best bet would be new DLC or new games. Sega shifting their focus to digital/PC/smartphone stuff doesn't bode well for the latter, though.

There are so many arcade songs in particular I'd like to play. :(

I am browsing ebay frequently for a new PSP, and I'm sure I'll nab at least the two Diva games for that at some point. I'd like to navigate the hoops to get Dreamy Theater/Extend working, as well. All in good, Miku fever time.

There's no arcade Diva game here, nor do I own a PSP any more, so my best bet would be new DLC or new games. Sega shifting their focus to digital/PC/smartphone stuff doesn't bode well for the latter, though.

There are so many arcade songs in particular I'd like to play. :(

Before you say never, where are you located, generally?

antibolo

Banned
Dear lord... perfecting Rolling Girl once out of five is not even something I can imagine myself being able to do. I still haven't been able to clear the second technical zone.

His profile says Sweden, so... yeah.

Pretty sure there are no Project Diva Arcade cabinets in the West outside of the US. I sure wish there was one here in Montreal. We actually have one remaining traditional arcade parlor here (the Amusements 2000 Plus, located downtown), but it's mostly just crap now, they don't even have fighting games anymore apart from a massively outdated vanilla SF4 four seat setup. They did have a full size Pac-Man Battle Royale setup the last time I went there though, which surprised the hell out of me.

SimonM7

I'm from Sweden, and it's a dire situation here for arcades in general. Particularly for Japanese oddities. I saw a Dance Dance Revolution machine maybe 15 years ago, but that's about as far-reaching as the output gets. It's mostly light gun shooters and racing games, really.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone wanna explain the "MAX Combo" thing? Like if I get a 200 combo in a song, then replay it & get 150, does it mean the MAX combo is 350?

SimonM7

If two of those three become DLC, I'll buy the song pass.

They all are.

This is the Japanese list of songs:

Aikotoba
Sekiranun Graffiti
Kocchi Muite Baby
Look This Way, Baby
Yellow
Change Me
Rolling Girl
End of Solitude
To Beyond a Duodecillion
Just Be Friends
magnet
Rosary Pale
Promise

bobawesome

I hope you're happy, MikuGAF
B-osw6gWwAAWnVS.jpg

Now it's tainted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, that's exactly how it works.
Oh thank god. I had a terrible feeling it'd be like DJMAX Portable where your max combos carry from one song to another & you'd have to get some insanely high numbers (THAT HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE GRIND TO GET 99,999 IN BOTH PSP DJMAX GAMES)

antibolo

Banned
Well, I think I finally got rid of my anxiety towards the game. The last two months have been very... weird for me, to say the least, but I feel they're behind me now.

Of course I'm still nowhere near what I would consider a high level player like some of you guys, but I feel so much better and more confident at the game than I was just three months ago, it's like night and day. I no longer have this mental block where I subconsciously avoided to improve myself for fear of disappointment.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for enduring me all this time. GAF is a great community and I'm happy to be part of it.

Shizuka

They all are.

This is the Japanese list of songs:

Aikotoba
Sekiranun Graffiti
Kocchi Muite Baby
Look This Way, Baby
Yellow
Change Me
Rolling Girl
End of Solitude
To Beyond a Duodecillion
Just Be Friends
magnet
Rosary Pale
Promise

You are in luck, they are!
Promise
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2w4ia898y0
Magnet
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UgzfeBncfUk
Just Be Friends
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7fokqfcVs

Rosary Pale looks really difficult, those overlapping O and X. >.>

Now I'll have to wait for $30 to show up on my bank account.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Clockwork Clown is gonna be "that" song, isn't it? Doesn't help it's one of the slowest I've played so far, & the only song where I got a Standard (was so close to a great) on Normal where as everything else has been Excellent, even a few Perfects.

Clockwork Clown is gonna be "that" song, isn't it? Doesn't help it's one of the slowest I've played so far, & the only song where I got a Standard (was so close to a great) on Normal where as everything else has been Excellent, even a few Perfects.

Clockwork Clown was the only song which completely threw me off for a while. The rhythm is just strange in that one.

antibolo

Banned

Yep, it's pretty infamous for having a very misleading rhythm to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well least it's good to know it wasn't just me, considering I platinum'd the first PD game & a big rhythm game fan in general. Thankfully, looks like there isn't too many unlockables tied to it, I think (just beating it on Hard & then with one of those modifiers)....& that's it, right?

Also damn does Diva Room feel more tedious now. 140+ events, and the fact you can't "abuse" gifts & such as much now. Plus for some reason, 1/2 the time when I rub the heads (which is still weird), it'll just stop despite the fact I was still clearly rubbing the screen.

Also damn does Diva Room feel more tedious now. 140+ events, and the fact you can't "abuse" gifts & such as much now. Plus for some reason, 1/2 the time when I rub the heads (which is still weird), it'll just stop despite the fact I was still clearly rubbing the screen.
Yeah the "rubbing spots" are often not in the place or as big as you expect them to be. It's kind of annoying, but it technically your fault if that happens. The grind for platinum was tough in PDF 2nd, start saying yes to all requests as soon as possible, even if you really really don't want to play patty cake again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I barely passed the 3rd round of the patty cake game. I just hoped mashing/tapping instead of aiming to swipe would be enough, which it thankfully was.

SimonM7

Clockwork Clown was the only song which completely threw me off for a while. The rhythm is just strange in that one.

Less so the rhythm, moreso the button prompts. Actually, if you rely more on the rhythm than the visual cues, it starts making sense a lot faster.

I'm not sure why it's so obtuse. I dunno if they just wanted to make it difficult for the sake of it or what. Either way, trust the song over the spacing of the prompts and stuff.

Yeah not a fan of Clockwork Clown or Miracle Paint >_>

Refna

13th DLC announced for the JP version.

New songs are Marginal and 初めての恋が終わる時 with 2015 snow Miku.

There is a also new mini game in Mirai.

Refna

:O I thought they were done.

Have they said how many DLC songs there'll be in total?

Nope, all they said is the DLC is just in time before 9th March.

I think there will be a couple more DLCs at least, not all the songs in the survey are in yet.

Mendax

And associated with this module:
module_rasetsu.jpg

Which prolly bumps the red/white one. :/

yah that one is hard to miss but I don't like it; makes her look a bit creepy (although it does fit the tone of the song better). I really want the kawaii one though haha.

Nope, all they said is the DLC is just in time before 9th March.

I think there will be a couple more DLCs at least, not all the songs in the survey are in yet.

Unless I'm reading wrong, there's a suggestion at the end there will be one more DLC batch in March.

If I were to guess at what is next, well... we have all but two of the top 27 choices from the 2013 poll.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I remember Marginal. It was from one of the PSP games. Think I might get that once it's out. Still need to check out the other DLC songs to see if the pass is worth it.

Top Bottom