• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

This thread is making me allot 50$ for F 2nd. Seeing just be friends + sekaiinun + kocchi muite in the JP song club made me double think on buying the rest of the arland series. Burned out from the rhythm games for unlocking everything in the f game + alternating with diva extend for the psp so I took a long break from them. But now seems the time to come back.

Hopefully those finger crushing songs (That Miku XMas Song, Gekishou) comes back in a DLC or the sequel. They made me rage at times in diva extend but I want to see how they can make me feel even more agitated. Hopefully they won't make the last parts of Gekishou as the technical parts of it T_T

Hopefully those finger crushing songs (That Miku XMas Song, Gekishou) comes back in a DLC or the sequel. They made me rage at times in diva extend but I want to see how they can make me feel even more agitated. Hopefully they won't make the last parts of Gekishou as the technical parts of it T_T

Gekishou (Intense Voice) is in the base song list of F 2nd. Did you mean Shoushitsu (Disappearance)?

Yes, they sure do ;)

Or at least on Hard, haven't seen the end of Extreme yet lol
image.php

Blame this person for making me buy F 2nd instead of games I probably won't play LOL.

Great. Bye meruru and rorona then. I can't get into Totori anyway but I regularly play the project diva games. That Magical Shower song doesn't sound bad too.

antibolo

Banned
Magical Sound Shower is not in the game, I was merely saying it's a song from Arcade that I'd really like to get in the console series.

Crap now I gotta go play some more Outrun 2.

Intense Voice ended up having its rapid-fire notes nerfed from 2nd, though. I consider that a positive because it's waaay too fast for me to do consistently, but at the same time I kinda feel like they fit the song better than the F 2nd chart.

Also yeah, because I don't really know much Vocaloid but I do know Sega, the only songs I can say I'm really actively hoping for are Magical Sound Shower and After Burner, lol.

Aerocrane

Those vocaloid versions of Magical Sound Shower and After Burner sound really bad.

Extreme difficulty is just too much for me, can't figure out how to alternate between the dpad and face buttons consistently. I just mess up the timing during longer note chains.

After spending a lot of time playing Theathrhythm I'm craving for more rhythm games. Might pick this game up. But I dunno, I'm not really into Hatsune Miku stuff.

pls dont kill me

antibolo

Banned
Extreme difficulty is just too much for me, can't figure out how to alternate between the dpad and face buttons consistently. I just mess up the timing during longer note chains.

That comes with practice. When I started doing it, I was always going too fast and not understanding why I was failing. You have to get your fingers used to the fact that they're now working at half speed, which sounds trivial, but actually requires some getting used to. It's super frustrating at first, because it feels like the game is just being a jerk for giving you all those Safes for prompts that you feel you had totally done right.

If you keep missing the same section of a song over and over, try to focus on going slower, even though that feels counter-intuitive when the notes appear to be so tightly packed on the screen, because it's usually the reason why you're failing (or at least it was for me when I was doing stuff like the Akatsuki Arrival chance time).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, "Happiness & Peace of Mind Committee" is so far my favorite song out of this. The combination of the song itself & the notecharts just make it really fun.

......also the song got a LOT more interesting when I read the lyrics when listening to it a second time.

Aerocrane

That comes with practice. When I started doing it, I was always going too fast and not understanding why I was failing. You have to get your fingers used to the fact that they're now working at half speed, which sounds trivial, but actually requires some getting used to. It's super frustrating at first, because it feels like the game is just being a jerk for giving you all those Safes for prompts that you feel you had totally done right.

If you keep missing the same section of a song over and over, try to focus on going slower, even though that feels counter-intuitive when the notes appear to be so tightly packed on the screen, because it's usually the reason why you're failing (or at least it was for me when I was doing stuff like the Akatsuki Arrival chance time).

Thanks for the tips. I've been playing on extreme for only a few days so I just need to play more. Either it clicks or it doesn't.

antibolo

Banned
Welp, "Happiness & Peace of Mind Committee" is so far my favorite song out of this. The combination of the song itself & the notecharts just make it really fun.

......also the song got a LOT more interesting when I read the lyrics when listening to it a second time.

The Technical Zone being during the rundown on execution methods is such a nice touch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Clear 39 technical bonuses"

So I basically have to play "I'll Miku-Miku You" a minimum of TWENTY times to pass this challenge.

Song's only about 2 minutes, but damn.

antibolo

Banned
"Clear 39 technical bonuses"

So I basically have to play "I'll Miku-Miku You" a minimum of TWENTY times to pass this challenge.

Song's only about 2 minutes, but damn.

I don't know what your skill level is at the game, but for me perfecting that song on Hard and Extreme last week was pretty good drill practice at things like two button chains, circular motion chains, and rapid arrow note changes, that justified the grinding for this unlock.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I got Excellent on Hard & Extreme wasn't that bad save for a few parts (one or two more attempts & I should get a Great). It seems to be a good song to ease you into the harder difficulties.

Just about got all the songs unlocked. I'm at 31 now. It's weird. The overall song list feels more consistent in quality (which is a good thing), but I feel like the first game had more "stand-outs", but I guess that could be because some songs I just liked soooo much more compared to others.

Yeah, I got Excellent on Hard & Extreme wasn't that bad save for a few parts (one or two more attempts & I should get a Great). It seems to be a good song to ease you into the harder difficulties.

Just about got all the songs unlocked. I'm at 31 now. It's weird. The overall song list feels more consistent in quality (which is a good thing), but I feel like the first game had more "stand-outs", but I guess that could be because some songs I just liked soooo much more compared to others.
I felt that way at the beginning as well, but over time I started to like PDF 2nd selection more and more and would say they are pretty much even now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I think I'll have a more solid opinion once I unlock everything & play through all the songs on Hard. At the very least, I haven't come across a single song where I was just like "bleh, I don't want to play this again."

antibolo

Banned
Unfortunately if you already got an Excellent at Hard on your first try then I guess it's going to take you much less than twenty combined tries to perfect Hard and Extreme lol. The Extreme version is only very slightly more difficult than Hard, it's mostly just two button chains being replaced with circular chains, and a bit more arrow note gymnastics. In fact I think I had less trouble with the Extreme version.

ChrisD

Yeah, I think I'll have a more solid opinion once I unlock everything & play through all the songs on Hard. At the very least, I haven't come across a single song where I was just like "bleh, I don't want to play this again."

Stay With Me Project Diva F/f
*shudder*

I still can't put a finger on whether I prefer F or 2nd. It'd be nice if you could just combine them or pluck personal favorites from each and put them into one. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*shudder*
STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WIIIIIIIITTTHHHHHH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So is Patty Cake suppose to be more "rare" to get compared to RPS? I think I got RPS about twice now but Patty Cake about 5ish. Granted, I hated how damn random RPS was, but at least you only have to win/lose twice instead of 3 times.

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WIIIIIIIITTTHHHHHH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So is Patty Cake suppose to be more "rare" to get compared to RPS? I think I got RPS about twice now but Patty Cake about 5ish. Granted, I hated how damn random RPS was, but at least you only have to win/lose twice instead of 3 times.

Patty Cake frequency felt like at least 80% to me

I think Stay With Me is alright :/

The only issue I have with Stay With Me is that it pushes a little too far out of MEIKO's optimal vocal range. I would bet it would sound just fine if it were remade with MEIKO V3. (Looking it up, apparently someone did just that, though in English...)

Granted, I hated how damn random RPS was, but at least you only have to win/lose twice instead of 3 times.

In the first game I started noticing that the winning moves for RPS never change for each character, so you can win every time just by using the same moves.

Haven't tried this in the second game yet.

So I just got this game + the song club pass so that I can finally stop playing Project diva extend. A few thoughts:
+Nicer graphics, going back to the f version looks like a blurred mess now
+Faster loading times (or its just me)
+Better animated vocaloids, the animations in dreamy theater 2nd looks dated to me now
+Nicer voice, goodbye almost high-pitched tones / voices
+Harder. Its kicking my ass even if I've played previous games in the series
-Those STAR NOTES WITH LINES
-I can't spam gifts anymore for the Diva mode. Its my dreaded part of the game and now I can't lessen my exposure to it. Great /s
-Few (not counting the dlc songs) songs from the rest of the group.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Question about save data from f to F 2nd: Do I need to get the same region game to transfer my save to 2nd? It cannot find my R3 (Asia-Jap) save.

antibolo

Banned
Yes those linked star notes are absolute bad game design, you can't tell the timing from looking at them alone, so you're just going blind in your first run.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only issue I have with linked star notes is when they suddenly change speed compared to the other notes. A few songs, I'd be used to the speed but then ZOOOOOOMMM SUPER FAST LINKED STAR NOTES. Taught me to try & look at the timer on the notes to get a better sense of when I need to press the analog stick.

Thank God I'm not alone in that opinion. Sometimes those pesky linked star notes destroys my tempo for scratching, making those 2 finger star notes after them more difficult to do. I could have been enjoying the game since I like most of the songs in this game but I feel irritated everytime I see those linked star notes. The bad part is Luka's songs are infested with them, FML

antibolo

Banned
The only issue I have with linked star notes is when they suddenly change speed compared to the other notes. A few songs, I'd be used to the speed but then ZOOOOOOMMM SUPER FAST LINKED STAR NOTES. Taught me to try & look at the timer on the notes to get a better sense of when I need to press the analog stick.

OH FUCK all this time and I never thought of doing that. I feel so dumb now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, Len. I gave you a sketchbook for a new event & you look content, but then are all "WHAT'S YOUR DEAL?!?" & drop from just reaching Level 4 to Level 3, 1/2 filled.

emiliano

Thank God I'm not alone in that opinion. Sometimes those pesky linked star notes destroys my tempo for scratching, making those 2 finger star notes after them more difficult to do. I could have been enjoying the game since I like most of the songs in this game but I feel irritated everytime I see those linked star notes. The bad part is Luka's songs are infested with them, FML

I've sort of accepted the linked stars in the game until i've played erase or zero. The song is nice, but I hated it really bad just because the final part with them, it has been my greatest point of failure for 1 month of tries to get the perfect on normal. Now I've got the timimg right and probably will never get that part wrong again, but speaking of learning curve, this is just awful design. :(

antibolo

Banned
Oh god oh god I finally perfected Hard Senbonzakura. It was the only remaining thing that was still bothering me from the post that broke my spirit. This is such a huge weight off my shoulders.

I've sort of accepted the linked stars in the game until i've played erase or zero. The song is nice, but I hated it really bad just because the final part with them, it has been my greatest point of failure for 1 month of tries to get the perfect on normal. Now I've got the timimg right and probably will never get that part wrong again, but speaking of learning curve, this is just awful design. :(

I am convinced that the linked star notes in Erase or Zero were charted by Satan.

SimonM7

I am convinced that the linked star notes in Erase or Zero were charted by Satan.

Yeah, actually. Speaking of somewhat weirdly rated songs, I had a lot of trouble with Erase or Zero. Even finishing it. I think I still only have a Great on it, and several Excellents well beyond it.

It's no game breaker, obviously, but it's a little bit misleading if you sort by difficulty and try to pick them off in order. You're often better off skipping ahead when you're stuck, and face less opposition.

But yeah. I think players struggle with different things, as well. It's pretty much second nature for me with the icons now. If I think about what the icons show, I mess up - if I don't, I just press the corresponding button like a robot. I still have a crazily hard time with long stretches of dual wield, fast notes, though. I dunno how many times I've played World's End Dance Hall on the loo now, and I've only got the long stretch of fast circles left to get perfect on that song. I'm just waiting for it to finally click.

You've mentioned going too fast, antibolo, and I think that may be what's happening for me, too. I'm just so set on getting a steady rhythm, I dunno how fast I'm really going.

antibolo

Banned
I stopped caring about difficulty rankings, especially on Extreme, they're pretty much nonsense. I've perfected a few 8 star songs with not too much trouble while some 7.5 star songs like Erase or Zero and Hello Worker are way beyond my current grasp.

I'm still having problems with button prompts, especially when there's 3 or more immediate button changes in a row, I just can't process them fast enough. I don't really know what to do to get better at it. I'll Miku Miku You was good practice but I'm going to need more of it. Some parts in Romeo and Cinderella just mess me up even though they're not that fast.

bobawesome

*shudder*

I still can't put a finger on whether I prefer F or 2nd. It'd be nice if you could just combine them or pluck personal favorites from each and put them into one. :p

Stay With Me was my grind song of choice in the first Project Diva. 50+ times I've played it and I still love it.

SimonM7

I'm still having problems with button prompts, especially when there's 3 or more immediate button changes in a row, I just can't process them fast enough. I don't really know what to do to get better at it.

I think it's just a matter of time in both of those areas. With enough just.. time put into the game, all the prompts and their associated inputs kinda start blending together into a sort of language. Even then, however, if they're tricky enough they'll still overwhelm you initially. There's stuff that is too fast to simply react to as it comes at you, no matter how fast you interpret the visual cues.

It's part of what I really love with this game, though. You can just play and enjoy it, and you can barely avoid getting great at it eventually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Their affection drops if you repeat items too often.
That's the weird part. I've been real careful on not giving them the same item 3 times in a row, let alone twice just so I can remember that I already gave them a certain item. This was the first time I gave him the sketchbook. Granted, I skipped the cutscene of the present being opened, so I didn't see his reaction. Hell, I clearly remember nobody hating the sketchbook in the first game.

I can't finish the Extreme Hello, Worker... I think I should change my avatar since it reminds me of my failure to finish the song.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
One more stuff that is pissing me off now is that the arrangement of notes. All is fine if they are going straight to the notes but sometimes multiple keys cross each others lines. Ugh.

But hey Atleast in a night I've managed to finish all the songs in normal mode*

ChrisD

Hello, Worker seems to be another odd beatmap in the vein of Clockwork Clown. The notes make sense, but they come in weird.

Number of times I've played Miracle Paint in two days: five.

Number of times I've finished Miracle Paint with a single friggin' SAFE in two days: five

It's not even the same note, lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OW, my eyes. I feel like 2D Dream Fever & Envy Cat Walk are going to be a pain to play on harder difficulties because of their BG videos.

That's the weird part. I've been real careful on not giving them the same item 3 times in a row, let alone twice just so I can remember that I already gave them a certain item. This was the first time I gave him the sketchbook. Granted, I skipped the cutscene of the present being opened, so I didn't see his reaction. Hell, I clearly remember nobody hating the sketchbook in the first game.

That's weird. O_O
It isn't listed as one of the gifts he likes in the trophy guide, maybe he just doesn't like it. :l

Mendax

Character preferences are different across the two diva f games. Len and Kaito hate sketchbooks; I found out the hard way when I needed those event unlocks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure why you'd make characters hate an item which has TWELVE event variations, making it harder to see them all but okay.

There any way to figure out the "recommended module" for certain songs aside from guessing? Some songs, I obviously get, but I wonder if it'll also need specific accessories as well.

Kumubou

If you need the extra events and have the extra character DLC, use the items on them -- they don't have an affinity level to tank (and you can rotate between the characters, as well).

Not sure why you'd make characters hate an item which has TWELVE event variations, making it harder to see them all but okay.

There any way to figure out the "recommended module" for certain songs aside from guessing? Some songs, I obviously get, but I wonder if it'll also need specific accessories as well.
There's a menu option for it -- it should be on the same screen as saving/loading module sets. If it's greyed out, you don't have the module(s) required unlocked and purchased.

Top Bottom