• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

ChrisD

Len sounds like he's dying in To The End of Infinity. It's a really easy chart, so I'll probably Perfect it just to say I did. Not too big a fan otherwise.

Solitude's End is extremely fun, AND I really like the song. Love the two songs at a time deal they've got going on. There's always at least one that I like/end up liking!

Edit: andthereitis.gif

SimonM7

I've got diva points coming out of my butt. I bought all the available modules and items already, but I have barely touched the bit where you... er.. touch their bits. Is there a guide to what I'm supposed to be doing in there? I poked someone in the eye a bit and gave them a cookie, then watched them sleep.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You have to rub their forehead to the point the heart is at its biggest, but before it bursts.

So close to being done with the Diva Room. Have about 30 more to go (thank goodness all the sketchbook ones are taken care of...AGAIN) & it's more of the matter of figuring out how to unlock the items that trigger the events.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Question. Easily got 50 songs with Miku, but still need to grind a bit for the other 5. If I do a song with, say, 3 characters (Knife for example), am I able to put in 3 different versions of 1 character & have it count for 3 uses of said character?

Question. Easily got 50 songs with Miku, but still need to grind a bit for the other 5. If I do a song with, say, 3 characters (Knife for example), am I able to put in 3 different versions of 1 character & have it count for 3 uses of said character?

Melt has 3 Mikus by default but as I recall it never counted for 3 uses of Miku.

Redhood

It worked for me in PDf. Used it to grind kaito in that "love triangle" song have no Idea about PDF2nd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I could test it out later. At the very least, I can grind 3 characters at once instead of 1 character at double or triple the rate.

I'm guessing it won't count if it's "guest A" or whatever which you can't change.

I grinded out Meiko and Kaito in Love Hate.
I think they just need to say VOCAL and not GUEST to count.

And yes I agree Solitude's End is very fun.

ChrisD

I've got diva points coming out of my butt. I bought all the available modules and items already, but I have barely touched the bit where you... er.. touch their bits. Is there a guide to what I'm supposed to be doing in there? I poked someone in the eye a bit and gave them a cookie, then watched them sleep.

What's the cap on DP this time, anyways? Thought it was going to be the same as F, but I've already gone over that and it's still counting away.

and lol at the bolded. Perfectly worded. Diva Room is so odd.

Heads up for the EU folks: The songs are now free for club owners (at least when accessed via the Vita store).

I sure wish they would get this issue sorted out for the future but I kinda lost hope...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I grinded out Meiko and Kaito in Love Hate.
I think they just need to say VOCAL and not GUEST to count.
Yeah, thought that as well.

Tried 3 Rins on Knife. Went from 17 to....18. Darn. Least I got the final unlock for that song.

Miku has a whopping 90 (thanks Miku Miku You), Len with only 8, Luka with 15, & Kaito & Meiko both have 12. Got a while before they hit 50 for those UI skins...

Edit: Huh, did I unlock an outfit for Luka based on Sarah from Virtua Fighter? Cool.

Caladrius

Yeah, thought that as well.

Tried 3 Rins on Knife. Went from 17 to....18. Darn. Least I got the final unlock for that song.

Miku has a whopping 90 (thanks Miku Miku You), Len with only 8, Luka with 15, & Kaito & Meiko both have 12. Got a while before they hit 50 for those UI skins...

Edit: Huh, did I unlock an outfit for Luka based on Sarah from Virtua Fighter? Cool.

The song clear count is determined by how many times you actually went in and out of the menu after clearing it. Doing a replay immediately afterward without backing out into song select doesn't bump up the counter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So replaying the same song over & over won't count if you retry after clearing it? Weird. I could've sworn it counted when I was doing Miku Miku You for its challenges, which gave me unlocks for "Clear ### songs".

Speaking of which, do I have to clear Kagerou Daze 4 times in a row for a challenge, based on what I'm reading? & how come there's no English translation for the lyrics?

Speaking of which, do I have to clear Kagerou Daze 4 times in a row for a challenge, based on what I'm reading? & how come there's no English translation for the lyrics?

Yes, you have to play it 4 times in a row by selecting retry after finishing it. Pretty annoying but if you are on Vita you can at least suspend the system between plays.
As for the missing lyrics: Probably a license issue with Jin and his KagePro stuff. Fortunately it's the only song without translated lyrics.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think clear. I had it fail about....6 times, I think, but nothing happened. Guess it's meant to reference the song in how the day keeps repeating or....something.

Also, for challenges that require a "heart' customization item, would "Overhead heart" or "broken heart" qualify, or does it have to be a specific "heart"? Edit: Nevermind, got 'Heart" for getting 556 combo (go go roku...kokoro? This game & number wordplay) on Kokoro.

Tried it. Didn't work :(

By the way: Anyone else EU unable to buy the Black Star module? On the webstore it says "not available" because I already own the Song Club (I don't own the Costume Club by the way). Will probably have to contact customer support.

Andrefpvs

Tried it. Didn't work :(

By the way: Anyone else EU unable to buy the Black Star module? On the webstore it says "not available" because I already own the Song Club (I don't own the Costume Club by the way). Will probably have to contact customer support.

Same here. At least this is a new problem!

We should all try to guess what kind of problems the next DLC batch will have, since it's almost certain this will keep happening ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

c-murph

Aw man, downloading the dlc is such a chore. Not to mention the Sony store like to boot me out after, before and during downloads for no apparent reason at all. ugh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tried retrying Kagerou Days 4 times, then actually clearing it on my 5th attempt.

....guess that worked. Didn't need to do Envy Cat Walk 4 times in a row on Hard, I guess. Oh well, more Diva points. & all songs cleared on Hard.

Man, I refuse to believe that Blackjack deserves the same star rating as the other 8.5 star extreme songs. With the exception of Demons and the Dead, I cleared all of them first or second try. Demons and the Dead took me probably a dozen tries and Blackjack looks like it'll be the same. But hey, it's my last 8.5 star, then into the 9s. Maybe I can clear it today...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really need to learn the rhythm of songs on Extreme that have you alternating between the arrow & shape buttons (i.e mashing down & X), because it feels like most of the time, it doesn't work, probably because I'm doing it too fast or something.

Hurray!!
2015-03-04-1918222fuf4.jpg

Goddammit!!

Enjoying both of these songs very much! They have a lot of energy.

Regarding the Black Star module DLC issue I sent a support request to Sega UK. Let's see what comes of it.

Man, I refuse to believe that Blackjack deserves the same star rating as the other 8.5 star extreme songs. With the exception of Demons and the Dead, I cleared all of them first or second try. Demons and the Dead took me probably a dozen tries and Blackjack looks like it'll be the same. But hey, it's my last 8.5 star, then into the 9s. Maybe I can clear it today...

Blackjack has pretty high bpm and the first technical zone with the rotating double notes is very difficult for me. I only clear it once in a blue moon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I JUST BARELY passed Blackjack on my first try a few minutes ago. Probably helped I also just barely managed to get the Chance Time (as in the last note filled the meter up). But yeah, wow, this song & its rapid button presses, along with how fast it is.

Also seriously, you had to unlock the module for Pinky Swear (yandere: the song?) by beating it 5 times? Well that was kind of annoying. Still trying to figure out how to get the one for Glory 3usi9.

antibolo

Banned
I started tallying all my perfect result Hard and Extreme screenshots in a folder on my computer lately.

It's pretty insane how many I've done in the past two months, I only had three Hards and no Extremes prior to that point, and now I've got all 38 of them in the first game on Hard (I had to do it so I would stop obsessing over A Huge Battleship's post), and I'm currently at 24 Hards and 9 Extremes in the second game.

I feel like I've played more of the games over the past two months than in the entire past two years. Taking a break is really hard now... I feel like I'm only getting started at playing the game for real. The event that caused me to become self-conscious about my skills has completely changed the way I look at the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, almost done. Grind fatigue is starting to set in with the "Score #.# million total points" for certain songs, considering you pretty much have to play them about 10 times minimum.

Just need 3 more UI skins & 2 more unlocks from songs & I'll finally platinum it.

Also how is it I can pass Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku on Extreme (barely, but still) but not Two-Sided Lovers?

& any easy way to see how many songs I've cleared? I know I'm well over 200.

antibolo

Banned
Just gave a shot at Two-Faced Lovers...

Holy shit how is that even humanly possible. I can't even follow the rhythm, the best I can do is just flailing randomly and hoping I hit a few notes by accident. Best I got so far is 71.2%, still a desperately long way from a Standard.

I passed Intense Voice after about a dozen tries, but I don't see how I could even pass this one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, there is just no rhythm to follow in Two-Faced Lovers. & I tend to get SO CLOSE (like, just a few more notes & I can pass without modules), but I finally gave in & made it so there's no double notes & less strict timing. & even then, I barely passed. That & 2D Fever Dream are the only songs I can't pass on Extreme without any module help.

Took me 5 attempts to just barely pass IVoHM on Extreme, & I think that was more based on luck near the end.

Once I get the unlocks for Double Lariat & Kagerou Daze, then it's focusing on getting the UI skins for Len (26 uses), Kaito (30), & Meiko (35).

Just wish you didn't have to play a whopping 393 songs to get the UI skins that're unlocked via cross save. I think I still have about 110 more songs (I counted & I think I'm at 290 songs PLAYED, but not counting fails, I think I'm closer to 280).

Sitrus

Just gave a shot at Two-Faced Lovers...

Holy shit how is that even humanly possible. I can't even follow the rhythm, the best I can do is just flailing randomly and hoping I hit a few notes by accident. Best I got so far is 71.2%, still a desperately long way from a Standard.

I passed Intense Voice after about a dozen tries, but I don't see how I could even pass this one.

Micro notes really helps alot in this song. Started with failing this song the whole time. Six months later I usually get Great or Excellent. I struggle with Intense Voice and I only cleared it on Standard 3 times ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish there was something that'd tell you how close you were to fulfilling certain unlockables. I wanna see how close I am to getting #.# million points or my total max combo. Considering I can get about 700,000 on Kagerou Daze, despite playing 9 times, I think it's gonna take another 3 or 4 times to get 8.1 million. Least I can grind characters at the same time.

antibolo

Banned
Aaaaaah, nothing like playing a few Extreme songs to completely demolish all the self-esteem I had built up over the past few weeks.

And here I was naively thinking that I was actually getting better at the game, when I was wasting my time grinding a bunch of Hard perfects. But of course I'm still as much of a scrub as I ever was, I'm not even as good as someone who's had the game for less than two weeks.

Arrrgh. Now that I'm paying attention to note counts for I'll Miku-Miku You... I see that I got 40 Goods twice in a row and then 38 Goods immediately after that.

Once I get the unlocks for Double Lariat & Kagerou Daze, then it's focusing on getting the UI skins for Len (26 uses), Kaito (30), & Meiko (35).

I just noticed that "Character Usage Count" in the Records menu doesn't actually match what you need for "clear ## songs using" a character. I had usage count of 128 for Miku when I got the title for clearing 100 songs "using" Miku. Same for Rin in that passing a usage count of 30 doesn't unlock the "clear 30 songs" module.

I'm probably missing something obvious as to the discrepancy...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. All unlocks from songs taken care of. Took me 13 plays to get 6.1 million for Double Lariat. Least I got lucky in getting a Perfect on Extreme & also unlocking the item tied to the score.

Think I just need 1 more item for the Accessorizer trophy (a banner you have to wait a day to unlock?), then back to focusing on UI skins. Got Meiko's, now if I can just get Len & Kaito, that should be enough & I'll have platinum'd the game. ALMOST feel like getting the DLC songs would've helped with character boosting. I don't suppose they have their own items to unlock?

I just noticed that "Character Usage Count" in the Records menu doesn't actually match what you need for "clear ## songs using" a character. I had usage count of 128 for Miku when I got the title for clearing 100 songs "using" Miku. Same for Rin in that passing a usage count of 30 doesn't unlock the "clear 30 songs" module.

I'm probably missing something obvious as to the discrepancy...
I've noticed tht as well. It might take 51 or 52 plays to unlock a character's UI skin. Not sure why. Maybe it counts the times they were in the "???" slot before it was unlocked & available to switch out?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dang, oh well.

& shoot, I thought I had all the floor, wall, & shelf items unlocked, but guess I'm missing something. I SHOULD have everything, considering I played well over 200 songs, accepted 50 request (that was the last amount, right?), gave over 180 presents, & I unlocked everything relating to the songs. Guessing I missed something in the Diva Room. I had them sulk, then made them feel better & they're all at max affection.

Edit: Ah crap, there's one more wall item to get for accepting 78 requests. Uggghhh, not a fan of how random they appear at times.

Aaaaaah, nothing like playing a few Extreme songs to completely demolish all the self-esteem I had built up over the past few weeks.

And here I was naively thinking that I was actually getting better at the game, when I was wasting my time grinding a bunch of Hard perfects. But of course I'm still as much of a scrub as I ever was, I'm not even as good as someone who's had the game for less than two weeks.

I beg to differ; I think you've improved drastically in the time since you've began discussing trying to play competitively. Rhythm games in general tend to have steep curves and every player hits walls now and again. Being hard on yourself doesn't accomplish anything - just keep setting goals and working at them.

I think a lot of the more "part-time" players here would feel the same pressure if we had to compare our performances with the best players! With Starcreator's contest I didn't even manage to get a perfect by the deadline, and that was under that kind of pressure.

Don't play to meet anyone else's standard. If you're going to compete, do it for your own satisfaction.

Edit: Tried one more time and got 39 Goods! Dropped down to a standard, but glad to get that out of the way.

So, um, I just realized the glass microphone in Romeo and Cinderella is a wang. Like, not looks like one, but it has to be one. It doesn't even look like a microphone. There is no way it's unintentional.

I was just watching the music video and noticed it. Not really surprising considering the lyrical content though. Funny stuff.

After playing F 2nd pretty muh exclusively for the last few months I decided to go back to f to go hunting for some perfects (both the Vita versions). But I'm having a really hard time with the game. The timing seems way off and I'm getting a lot of random safes coupled with a pretty low percentage of Cools.
The gameplay doesn't feel nearly as tight as in F 2nd. It seems that notes come pretty late for the most part but not consistently so. As a result hunting for perfects isn't really enjoyable for me.

Am I the only one feeling that way?

SimonM7

After playing F 2nd pretty muh exclusively for the last few months I decided to go back to f to go hunting for some perfects (both the Vita versions). But I'm having a really hard time with the game. The timing seems way off and I'm getting a lot of random safes coupled with a pretty low percentage of Cools.
The gameplay doesn't feel nearly as tight as in F 2nd. It seems that notes come pretty late for the most part but not consistently so. As a result hunting for perfects isn't really enjoyable for me.

Star notes aside, I think they feel the same timing wise. What I always react to when going back to F is that the songs feel more naturally charted, which means I enjoy playing a majority of them more because they just *make more sense*. If I just sorta give in to the song and press the buttons the way it feels natural to do, I get a lot further in F than in 2nd, the latter of which seems to have deliberate curve balls designed to throw you off. Miracle Paint and Clockwork Clown perhaps most noticeably.

Zambayoshi

The timing seems way off and I'm getting a lot of random safes coupled with a pretty low percentage of Cools.

I have to re-adjust every time I go from one game to the other. It usually takes me a few songs to get back into the groove, so to speak. There seems to be a very slight timing difference (at least on Vita). I'd put it down to losing familiarity with the songs but after a few songs I don't seem to have much of a problem.

antibolo

Banned
Someone needs to explain to me how you're supposed to do the second Technical Zone in Blackjack, ie. the fast string of star notes. I'm mashing on the sticks as fast as I possibly can and it's not working, I always get a Safe halfway through. In over 20 tries I've successfully pulled it off once... and then got a Safe on the remaining 6 notes of the Zone aaarrggghhh.

ChrisD

Someone needs to explain to me how you're supposed to do the second Technical Zone in Blackjack, ie. the fast string of star notes. I'm mashing on the sticks as fast as I possibly can and it's not working, I always get a Safe halfway through. In over 20 tries I've successfully pulled it off once... and then got a Safe on the remaining 6 notes of the Zone aaarrggghhh.

I literally just hit the sticks and hope for the best... So, basically what you just said. It's the same deal with Romeo and Cinderella's second Technical Zone, but it's easier there being a bit slower and having less to hit.

I've even tried turning up the button sounds but it didn't do much good. It may work for you if you wanna' give it a shot.

Top Bottom