• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Oh god oh god I finally perfected Hard Senbonzakura. It was the only remaining thing that was still bothering me from the post that broke my spirit. This is such a huge weight off my shoulders.
zlo6k98.gif

Now do it on Extreme.

antibolo

Banned
Oh hey A Huge Battleship.

I didn't even dual wield the fast strings, I just mashed them with one hand, I couldn't get the timing right in the last section. Once I abandoned dual wielding it only took a few tries to get it right, turns out it's not that hard.

Now do it on Extreme.

I'm afraid to ask if you did. In fact, please don't say it, or I'll just get obsessed again.

Oh hey A Huge Battleship.

I didn't even dual wield the fast strings, I just mashed them with one hand, I couldn't get the timing right in the last section. Once I abandoned dual wielding it only took a few tries to get it right, turns out it's not that hard.

I'm afraid to ask if you did. In fact, please don't say it, or I'll just get obsessed again.
I'm too rubbish at button mashing to do that bit one-handed, but yeah, the timing's likely easier that way. And
nope, I'm still on a break. You shouldn't get hung up about my posts, I'm pretty sure you're better at the games than I am!

ChrisD

I have a steady Excellent on Two-Sided Lovers, and an almost steady Great on 2D Dream Fever... Why can't I get a Standard on Envy Catwalk?

This is my first experience with Hatsune Miku.

I think I'm addicted.

'Blackjack' can bite me though. Stupid Vita not recognizing my two-finger touch swipe things. Those star notes suck.

'Blackjack' can bite me though. Stupid Vita not recognizing my two-finger touch swipe things. Those star notes suck.

Have you tried changing to using the analog sticks? Despite me playing it on the Vita, I use the analog sticks to prevent smudges on my screen. Helps at times when I have sweaty fingers too, so my screen won't look like a nightmare after using it.

It might take a while to settle in though.

ChrisD

Listen to the above two. Swipe controls are too finicky. Use the sticks in a motion where you're pushing them up (or down) repeatedly rather than back-and-forth. Treat them as a button press that involves one movement.

antibolo

Banned
Listen to the above two. Swipe controls are too finicky. Use the sticks in a motion where you're pushing them up (or down) repeatedly rather than back-and-forth. Treat them as a button press that involves one movement.

This so much. I wasted SO MANY technical zones and perfect attempts by missing simple star notes on the sticks before discovering that you're not supposed to do back and forth movements with them. Now I basically never miss any, ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, helps a bit since you don't have to unlock & buy them.

Actually, does importing costumes & such help with the "Mix-and-Match Master" & "Module Collector" trophies?

Mendax

This is my first experience with Hatsune Miku.

I think I'm addicted.

lift your fingers entirely off the screen between each note and make short precise swipes at the right moment - do NOT rest your fingers on the screen or it will have a lot harder of a time recognizing your inputs. By doing this I can easily perfect most star sequences; something thats impossible for me with sticks.

Also, make Luka wear her gambling outfit and giver her white bunny ears and tail. Amazing game haha.

Worst translated title was in the first game where Torinoko City became "Urbandonment" (wut?)

The original name is a pun along the same lines that every fan translator just didn't bother with.

All translations in the game, as a matter of course, have the approval of the original authors. In cases where fan translations differ, the translation in the game should be considered closer to the original intent.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Clear the song with 21 notes in at least one of the Note Ranks (Worst, Sad, Fine, Cool)"

Oh god, do I have to get EXACTLY 21 notes with those?

Also, for the ones where you have to get # million score, does that mean you need to play abut 3 or 4 times for 1 million, then a lot more for 3.93 million?

antibolo

Banned
"Clear the song with 21 notes in at least one of the Note Ranks (Worst, Sad, Fine, Cool)"

Oh god, do I have to get EXACTLY 21 notes with those?

Just intentionally miss all notes in the beginning of the song until you reach the required amount, then complete the song without missing any more. Bam, unlock completed.

Also, for the ones where you have to get # million score, does that mean you need to play abut 3 or 4 times for 1 million, then a lot more for 3.93 million?

Just play the song a bunch of times and you'll get it eventually. Same for "get X total combo" and such.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh, okay. That doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would.

& it all goes back to "just keep replaying the song over & over". Wish the trophy guide was in English on the unlocks & requirements. Kind of a pain trying to figure out "Okay, have to play this song to unlock this item that's required for a different song".

All translations in the game, as a matter of course, have the approval of the original authors. In cases where fan translations differ, the translation in the game should be considered closer to the original intent.

I guess a side effect of the fan-driven community is that it's not easy to hand down official translations and have them be accepted.

It seems the only arguable translations in this game should be Doubleganger, I'll Miku-Miku You, Close and Open and Intense Voice? Akatsuki Arrival and Roshin Yukai were even left untranslated for some reason.

Akatsuki Arrival and Roshin Yukai were even left untranslated for some reason.

Probably because the artist didn't want them translated or didn't like any of the suggested translations.

So I put this game down for a while to play other stuff, but then got the urge to play again when my wife started playing the Love Live mobile game. This time, though, I forced myself to dual wield. At one point in the past, I had despaired of every really getting that down, but something has apparently just clicked. With just a couple days of practice, I'm passing 8 Star extreme songs within spitting distance of my best one-handed scores. My biggest issue is that I get flustered too easily, but it feels like a whole new game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I just learned of the significance of the number 39. Figured it was some kind of play on words.

Having to play 393 songs to unlock two UI skins if you don't have the other game...uuggghhhh. Least they're not required for the trophy.

emiliano

I'm finally starting to not seeing the Extreme difficulty so frightening as in the past. 9+ star song are still impossible for me, but it's fun when I go to an old difficult song and destroy the old record like it was nothing. It's like I could play these two games forever.

Looks like it's a DLC release day today. Sighted so far:

So it's reasonable to assume we're getting Nayuta and Kodoku today.

As a warning, cross-"buy" on the UI Skins doesn't seem to be working at the moment, as I had to queue and checkout both the Vita and PS3 versions to get both this time around. Haven't tried the modules. Hopefully just a fluke since the store is still updating.

EDIT 2:14 PM: And here's the rest:

The thumbnails for the two songs are backwards though...

I think that's all we're getting today. First reply is updated with today's releases.

I didn't have any cross buy issues with the second set of UI Skins.

The official site has updated with the plan for the rest of March. The new every two weeks cycle will continue, so there will be two more packs this month: Just Be Friends/magnet in two weeks from today, and Rosary Pale/Promise two weeks after that. Thanks to this rather frenetic release schedule, NA/EU will be only two packs behind JP by the end of the month in terms of songs (though still a bit further behind on modules and UI skins).

The official site has updated with the plan for the rest of March. The new every two weeks cycle will continue, so there will be two more packs this month: Just Be Friends/magnet in two weeks from today, and Rosary Pale/Promise two weeks after that. Thanks to this rather frenetic release schedule, NA/EU will be only two packs behind JP by the end of the month in terms of songs (though still a bit further behind on modules and UI skins).

The one month wait for Rosary Pale would be pretty hard for me. Atleast Just be Friends comes out in two weeks.

Day by day, I'm even more tempted to get that 70$ costume pass. Ugh, my wallet will hate me. T_T

I haven't hit that point yet but that day is probably coming for me.

Announcing about a day in advance, I plan to stream tomorrow night since it's a JP DLC release night. Stream time depends highly on when the DLC actually comes out but judging from last time it will probably be around 9pm eastern.

I'm actually impressed by some of the edit plays I see here. Yandere Luka (Mirai Nikki)? Check. sexualized Luka (Me!Me!Me!)? Check. Platinum Disco Miku? Check!

Killzone was deleted just for the songs for Edit mode. So worth it.

I'm actually impressed by some of the edit plays I see here. Yandere Luka (Mirai Nikki)? Check. sexualized Luka (Me!Me!Me!)? Check. Platinum Disco Miku? Check!

Killzone was deleted just for the songs for Edit mode. So worth it.

There's a Me!Me!Me! edit play? I'm on mobile right now so I can't really check, is there a video online?

I'm running out of space too, I'll probably delete the JPN PD F2nd demo I got thanks to the glitch which let you download stuff from other stores. It's a shame because I didn't want to delete stuff I downloaded back then since I can't get them anymore but oh well, I have the full game anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The survey link is gone from the LiveArea - you would think Sega could use more responses resulting from the sale last week.

For any newcomers, the link is here: http://www.sega.com/pdf2survey/
You'd think for "Please tell us the most important reason for purchasing the game:", MUSIC would be an option for wanting to purchase a RHYTHM game.

To echo what I posted in the survey, having the unlockables tied to songs seriously helps it feel less grindy because I don't feel like I'm grinding for just point, but continuously having new content unlocked, so I feel much more motivated into replaying. I still have about a 1/3rd left of songs to clear on Hard, but I've already played about 105 songs without noticing it.

Granted, it's a bit of a pain not knowing how to unlock certain modules/customization items when they're needed (how do I get Len's outfit for Knife & where the hell is the "Heart" item?), but still, it doesn't feel nowhere near as tedious because it's not like in the first game where it feels like I unlocked just about everything after playing every song & it was just a grind to get the point.

SimonM7

Please not this shit again.

I'm having a rough day and I could really use those songs to help me relax when I get home.

:/

I tweeted at Sega earlier today, but no response yet. No update about the DLC on their blog, either. I'll give a heads up if the situation changes.

:/

I tweeted at Sega earlier today, but no response yet. No update about the DLC on their blog, either. I'll give a heads up if the situation changes.
The customer service links we dug up last time should still be the most effective means of getting this fixed. Current circumstances might mean there are fewer people to service the request however.

Can someone confirm if cross buy issues still exist with the Black Star and Blue Moon UI Skins on the NA side?

Top Bottom