• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

antibolo

Banned
I literally just hit the sticks and hope for the best... So, basically what you just said. It's the same deal with Romeo and Cinderella's second Technical Zone, but it's easier there being a bit slower and having less to hit.

I've even tried turning up the button sounds but it didn't do much good. It may work for you if you wanna' give it a shot.

Well that's the thing, I can do it in Romeo and Cinderella with about 90% success rate by being careful enough, but I don't understand how it's possible in Blackjack, it's just waaaaaay too fast.

ChrisD

Well that's the thing, I can do it in Romeo and Cinderella with about 80% success rate by being careful enough, but I don't understand how it's possible in Blackjack, it's just waaaaaay too fast.

I just tried moving both sticks up and down out of curiosity. Verdict? Don't try that, it doesn't work lol. Got eight Safes off of it. Trying one stick up and down actually seemed to work for a second, but then I dropped off four Safes at the end.

Vile design, I tell you!

Scher

Someone needs to explain to me how you're supposed to do the second Technical Zone in Blackjack, ie. the fast string of star notes. I'm mashing on the sticks as fast as I possibly can and it's not working, I always get a Safe halfway through. In over 20 tries I've successfully pulled it off once... and then got a Safe on the remaining 6 notes of the Zone aaarrggghhh.

My guess would be that you mashing as fast as you can is what's messing you up. It's just a string of triplets, so pay attention to the rhythm. One thing that might help is to look up a video of someone playing it with button sounds, as that might help you clearly hear what the rhythm is for that string of notes. If you focus too much on just going fast, it makes it very easy to trip on the beat. You just need to focus on keeping a steady pulse when you get to long strings of notes like that.

Also, I apologize if what I said may not be super helpful, but it's the best advice I can think to give.

antibolo

Banned
I just tried moving both sticks up and down out of curiosity. Verdict? Don't try that, it doesn't work lol. Got eight Safes off of it. Trying one stick up and down actually seemed to work for a second, but then I dropped off four Safes at the end.

Vile design, I tell you!

Making star notes Safeable is definitely the most evil design decision of F 2nd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any way to make requests in the Diva Room appear more often? Or do I just have to keep rubbing/giving gifts & hope the game decides to let a request happen.

Sitrus

Making star notes Safeable is definitely the most evil design decision of F 2nd.

One of the tricks you can use is to put your Vita on a flat surface, put the stick in your palm and rock it back and forth like playing Mario Party in a steady rhythm. One stick is enough as long as you move it fast enough.

antibolo

Banned
One of the tricks you can use is to put your Vita on a flat surface, put the stick in your palm and rock it back and forth like playing Mario Party in a steady rhythm. One stick is enough as long as you move it fast enough.

I haven't tried that song on Vita yet but I guess the smaller sticks probably make this slightly easier?

Personally I don't recommend that since it tends to produce some dropped inputs. The best way imo is to treat the sticks like buttons and flick them up. For the Vita the default sensitivity setting works great for me; on the PS3 I recommend setting it to low (otherwise it tends to produce additional ghost inputs for me).

The particular section in Blackjack is VERY fast and long. It is easy to subconsciously get slower towards the end and break the combo. The only tip I can really give here is to flick the sticks real fast.

Incidentally I finally managed to get this:

2015-03-08-16523253unj.jpg

antibolo

Banned
Alright I guess I'll try it on Vita next.

Romeo and Cinderella is already pushing the limits of how fast I can flick the sticks on PS3 while keeping proper rhythm (ie. not mash like an idiot) and Blackjack is like what? Double that speed?

SimonM7

Yeah, that part of Blackjack is mental. My only consolation is that I've felt layers of impossibility peel off in these games as I play them more, and this is just the latest. :D

I've noticed that once you get truly certain when and how you're supposed to press any input in these games, the cramped, white knuckled way of doing it slowly subsides. When I did Negaposi Continues - which I still do with one hand, because with two I go too fast - I used to get exhausted. My arm would ache afterwards. When I played that song enough I could play it with my arm relaxed.

It's like you're unnecessarily tense when you're still learning - like you're at the ready for "something else" even when you know what you're supposed to do. For me, only time fixes that.

Zambayoshi

Someone needs to explain to me how you're supposed to do the second Technical Zone in Blackjack, ie. the fast string of star notes. I'm mashing on the sticks as fast as I possibly can and it's not working, I always get a Safe halfway through. In over 20 tries I've successfully pulled it off once... and then got a Safe on the remaining 6 notes of the Zone aaarrggghhh.

I use the touchscreen swipe on Vita, generally with my left index finger. Because I have to take my left hand off the Vita to do it, it is sometimes tricky to reset my grip immediately after that section. Doing it normally with two-handed swipes is very hit-or-miss, and I end up dropping a note towards the end of the sequence most times.

SimonM7

I use the touchscreen swipe on Vita, generally with my left index finger. Because I have to take my left hand off the Vita to do it, it is sometimes tricky to reset my grip immediately after that section. Doing it normally with two-handed swipes is very hit-or-miss, and I end up dropping a note towards the end of the sequence most times.

This. I put my index finger sideways and swipe up and down and try to hold my thumb at the ready to return to the face buttons.

Yup. That's what they've said, and with the catching up they've done and will do during march, there shouldn't be a problem.

Cool i really wanted to play promise I would buy the Japanese dlc but i have a vita and switching between my Japanese account and american account is a pain in the ass.

antibolo

Banned
Tried my shot at Blackjack on the Vita. Nope, still can't do the star string. Well I got it like three times but that was sheer luck I guess. Tried switching to touchscreen, but I hate it too much so I switched back again after a few tries.

Also FUCK THE FIRST TECHNICAL ZONE. I successfully pulled it off a few times at first, and felt pretty good about it, but then I couldn't do it anymore, and at the end of my play session I literally missed it at the VERY LAST NOTE for about FIFTEEN consecutive tries! I have never been more frustrated at a Technical Zone ever!!!!!

Anyway, I somehow managed to get a Great in one of my early shots where I could clear the first TZ, so at least I accomplished something tonight...

Oh and in case people here don't frequent the Project Diva general discussion thread, I might as well repost this here:
Hey all, here is something I want to share with you guys, it's a very simple JavaScript-based HTML app I wrote a few days ago, that I call the "Project Diva F Maximum Failure Calculator".

ds4V0dE.png

http://pastebin.com/ZNujUh1R (updated 10/3: fixed colors)

Basically, you enter the total note count of a F or F 2nd song (as seen on the results screen), and whether or not you have passed the Chance Time and the two Technical Zones, and it will compute for you the highest amount of notes you are allowed to fail in order to reach a Standard, Great, or Excellent grade.

This script can be helpful in a situation where you are having trouble finishing a song and wondering by exactly how many notes you're away from a Standard, or in cases where you're working on improving your current grade on a song and want to have an idea of how much you need to improve upon to get a Great or an Excellent.

It's purely client-side driven so it doesn't need to run on a server, you can just download it to your computer and open it directly with your Web browser. (I should probably find a more suitable host than pastebin in the near future)

antibolo

Banned
Oh god I've been working so many days non-stop for this Excellent, probably moreso than any Perfect I've ever done.
Now if I could only clear that goddamn first Technical Zone, haven't done it a single time so far, closest I've been is 2 notes short of the end.

Oh god I've been working so many days non-stop for this Excellent

Now if I could only clear that goddamn first Technical Zone, haven't done it a single time so far, closest I've been is 2 notes short of the end.

I've still not gotten that one myself. Only about 10 tries or so so far though.

antibolo

Banned
Can't wait to be friendzoned by Luka once again

Magnet is also great, can't get enough of Miku-Luka duets, I never get tired of them, they complement each other so well. My favorite F 2nd song is Akatsuki Arrival, by far.

Was hoping the thread's stay in Gaming would be longer due to the fact DLC support has not yet ended. How are other games with extensive DLC rosters typically handled?

Was hoping the thread's stay in Gaming would be longer due to the fact DLC support has not yet ended. How are other games with extensive DLC rosters typically handled?

The only other OT I frequent is the Mario Kart one and they made a new OT for the 1st DLC expansion and are planning to make another for the 2nd part. Not sure that would work for Project Diva DLC.

Though I guess that doesn't really count as extensive DLC. >_<

Marche90

Ahaha, magnet now... And here I already sold the game already due to some money issues I had on my end. Guess I'll but the game digitally down the line.

At least in Japan they already announced that there is going to be another round of dlc in march. It is also kind of hard to believe that they won't bring back 'The disappearance of Hatsune Miku'.

antibolo

Banned
Ugh, that part in Solitude's End where Rin sounds distorted is Miracle Paint / Clockwork Clown levels of syncopation. Still haven't perfected it on Hard yet, and Extreme is beyond my skill level for anything more than a Great.

Oh well, at least I perfected Extreme To The End of Infinity this morning in my bus commute (my 10th Extreme Perfect, yay), but it's significantly easier.

antibolo

Banned
I'm seeing three new costumes (Aile d'Ange, Fairy Macaron, Luka Conflict) and I like every one of them, dammit. Getting harder and harder to just buy the costumes that go with the new songs...

EDIT: Ah crap there's a fourth one

It looks like there was a little confusion about what released today, so just a quick reminder that the second post will be kept to date as much as I am able. I also include release dates for future content in the cases where it is known in advance. Next release is in two weeks, on March 31.

I notice that Just Be Friends does not use the English lyrics from Miku Expo - possibly because the rights are owned by a separate lyricist?

I was interested to see whether this would be the case, since Tell Your World in AR Live does use the official English lyrics despite it not being a straight translation.

emiliano

I've already downloaded the new dlcs, but noticed that Snow Miku costume is under paywall even with the costume club (in EU). Can someone confirm this?

antibolo

Banned
Miku's first solo part in Magnet is a cruel reminder of how much I still suck at constant button changes, even at relatively slow speeds. I can only process so many immediate changes until I get confused. Oh well, at least I managed an Excellent after a few retries.

The ending of Just Be Friend's Chance Time screws me up every time :( I always completely mess up the timing of the stars, bleh.

Just noticed that the game came with the modules for magnet already. >.>

Yes, they were alternate costumes for Akatsuki Arrival.

In case anyone else in EU was still waiting: The issue regarding the Black Star module has been fixed and it is now available for purchase for Song Club owners. Only took them two weeks...

emiliano

Well, I'll wait another couple of days and then will try to open a ticket to Sega (again). Bah. To make things worse now the store doesn't work using firefox on linux, I've tried from two different computers with the same results, the site doesn't allow me to login. :-\

antibolo

Banned
Well, I'll wait another couple of days and then will try to open a ticket to Sega (again). Bah. To make things worse now the store doesn't work using firefox on linux, I've tried from two different computers with the same results, the site doesn't allow me to login. :-

Chrome on Linux has always worked for me.

ChrisD

Just Be Friends reminded me of the fact that English Vocaloid is weird. It's all choppy. I can imagine that native Japanese speakers probably think the same of Japanese Vocaloid, but I'm not, so...

A few English words thrown in is one thing. But that opening and ending "Just Be Friends" feels out of place and disconnected from the rest of the song with the language switch.

That said, it's okay. magnet is much catchier though.

antibolo

Banned
English Luka is not that bad compared to the sheer awfulness of English Miku.

The voice actress for Luka is actually bilingual to some extent, hence why Luka had English voice banks since the beginning. But the English Miku voice bank they added in v3 clearly shows how much Miku's voice actress isn't!

A few English words thrown in is one thing. But that opening and ending "Just Be Friends" feels out of place and disconnected from the rest of the song with the language switch.

A full English version of Just Be Friends happens to be one of the demos for Luka V4's English capabilities. It was just officially uploaded a couple of days ago. http://youtube.com/watch?v=pidRbCgyU8g

I'm not sure that will help with the weirdness... But it's worth comparing with.

SimonM7

English Luka is not that bad compared to the sheer awfulness of English Miku.

The voice actress for Luka is actually bilingual to some extent, hence why Luka had English voice banks since the beginning. But the English Miku voice bank they added in v3 clearly shows how much Miku's voice actress isn't!

Yeah it's a shame. SHIIEERRING THE WOOOOOH.

Glass Wall is... decent though. It has super odd parts, and uh.. I can't promise I'd understand what she's singing if I didn't have subtitles for it... But at least it's not too distracting in that one.

I wonder how much the song writers themselves influence that stuff, though. I really have no idea how the software itself works, but if you can alter pronounciation to a degree, I just imagine you could parry the weirdest stuff. If not with dials and settings, then perhaps by "misspelling" words to have her pronouncing them better.

If it's anything like a normal voice synthesiser, that should be an option.

antibolo

Banned
Mitchie M did a nice job with English Miku in his Snow Miku 2014 piece. But of course he's a fucking genius at making Vocaloids sound realistic so it's not surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79N1O0lF0GY

She still sounds super weird though, like it's another person singing.

Also she's more rapping than singing, so it's probably easier.

Top Bottom