• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

SimonM7

Mitchie M did a nice job with English Miku in his Snow Miku 2014 piece. But of course he's a fucking genius at making Vocaloids sound realistic so it's not surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79N1O0lF0GY

She still sounds super weird though, like it's another person singing.

Also she's more rapping than singing, so it's probably easier.

I reckon the weirdness is in the way she says "snow skep" instead of "scape". I think if you just know to parry that stuff by typing in "skayp" "skeip" or something like that, you could eventually get her to sound more natural. Depending on how the software works, of course.

I once did like a radio show with voice synthesisers, and I sometimes had to spell things incorrectly to get the right effect. They were incredibly lifelike, but they'd sound odd on some specific things.

Here's a demo of that:
http://www.acapela-group.com/voices/demo/

One of these days I'll prolly get around to buying one of these vocaloids myself. Luka or Miku, English versions. Provided it plugs into Mixcraft, I'm set.

---

Edit:

In related.. things! The MMD Mitchie links to is super cute! The MMD software can produce some really nice looking results when people use it right. :O
https://youtu.be/Yt7AoSS6tM4

That little train motion when she goes CHOO CHOO! Adorable. :D

antibolo

Banned

Wonko_C

I always thought how odd is the whole "bigger eyes = younger" thing with manga style characters. I'm not specifically talking about Miku English vs Original, just popped in my head.

Mandelbo

I've been wondering recently about user-created levels, since I haven't really touched it since I got the game. Are there any really good examples that I should try out?

If you happen to have a jap version of the game I highly recommend the following edits:

Matryoshka

PIKTOGRAM

The chart here isn't as tight but still good:

Mosaic Roll

If you are looking for something a bit more challenging the next one is fantastic:

Spinal Fluid Explosion Girl

And one last which is also great but a bit NSFW I guess:

Pomp and Circumstance

Both youtube channels I linked to are a good starting point to find good edits. Unfortunately I don't really know of any good edits for the western version.

Refna

14th DLC for Japan.

『えれくとりっく・えんじぇぅ』and 『歌に形はないけれど』

To celebrate 1st anniversary, there is a golden miku for free if you bought all 16 DLC songs.

SimonM7

Alright, after two hours of tireless I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing work (it's my first time using any sort of DAW software), here's my very crude and unpolished attempt at Luka V4X singing French lyrics:

Frère Jacques with Luka (and accompanying piano track)
https://soundcloud.com/antibolo/frere-jacques-with-luka

Still needs work, but I think the second half does sound pretty nice.

Nice :D

Hnnggg. Was not supposed to spend weekend on that, but now I can't wait to try it out. :>

Hmm. Maybe we should move this to the "general" Hatsune Miku thread? I feel like it might hijack this one too much. People prolly still look to this for their F 2nd DLC related talk, and stuff.

Nice :D

Hnnggg. Was not supposed to spend weekend on that, but now I can't wait to try it out. :>

Hmm. Maybe we should move this to the "general" Hatsune Miku thread? I feel like it might hijack this one too much. People prolly still look to this for their F 2nd DLC related talk, and stuff.

I personally tend to treat the other thread as more of an import news thread. This is the thread that got bumped into Community. In actuality, there should probably be a third thread for non-gaming discussion, but I get the feeling it's tolerated because there aren't really enough people talking about it to justify a third thread.

Refna

So I presume when this drops in the western markets those who purchased the Song club pass will get this? Or I need to buy the AR songs toi?

I guess you will get it for free if you buy all 16 DLC songs either individually or by the song club pass.

No, you dont need the AR songs to be eligible.

SimonM7

I personally tend to treat the other thread as more of an import news thread. This is the thread that got bumped into Community. In actuality, there should probably be a third thread for non-gaming discussion, but I get the feeling it's tolerated because there aren't really enough people talking about it to justify a third thread.

Ah! Didn't realise this was the one that got moved. I agree that there should probably be a third, in Off Topic perhaps, but as you say there seems to be low enough traffic in here that people may not mind.

In fact, if people do mind, just say so and I'll see about creating a non-game topic for this.

antibolo

Banned
Considering the recent activity in the other thread I also think it would make sense to have a non-game thread, it seems we've had enough non-game discussion lately to justify making one.

In fact, if people do mind, just say so and I'll see about creating a non-game topic for this.

I don't mind extra discussion here, but if you end up making a general Vocaloid thread I'd probably be active there since I love trying Vocaloid trials and I actually own a few. :)

antibolo

Banned
I was wondering, does anyone here play the PS3 version with a DualShock 4?

Or anything else than a DualShock 3, for that matter?

I usually play with a Dualshock 3. I also have an imported Horipad 3 that plays fine (it's mainly part of my setup for conventions, where I need a wired controller so it can't walk away). I own a Dualshock 4 but haven't tried playing with it.

Maybe I should try playing with an arcade stick. Given I've played other music games with one it shouldn't go that badly.

Kumubou

I don't think Project Diva F/F2 would work on a stick (unless you're using that weird stick Hori made for DoA5:LR with the analogs in the base), due to the star notes being on the analog. You could set the stick itself to one of the analogs on some sticks, but then you wouldn't be able to hit double notes, unless you rewired the stick and moved the directional buttons to the non-face buttons.

You could also use a modifier to move the star notes to buttons, but that's weaksauce. :p

antibolo

Banned
I tried playing F 2nd with my HRAP last month. It was hilarious, I had to quickly switch the stick to analog control whenever star notes came up, and then back to D-pad control afterwards (for arrow notes). Couldn't do double star notes at all though :(

It worked better with the helper to move star notes to L1/L2/R1/R2, but then that felt like a cop-out so it wasn't as fun.

antibolo

Banned
I've been hammering on Two-Sided Lovers for the better part of the day and not making any progress whatsoever. Every time I think I'm getting better at a particular part, I still end up with less than 75% on the final grade. Fuck this song, I hate it so much now.

Not making any progress on 2D Dream Fever either. They're the only two remaining songs I have yet to clear, and I'm starting to lose hope of ever clearing them, I just can't get any better no matter how much I mindlessly grind them.

pariah164

About damn time.

BcNpJSR.jpg

antibolo

Banned
OH GOD I FINALLY CLEARED THAT GODDAMN TECHNICAL ZONE, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT

No idea if I'll ever be able to do it again though.

About damn time.

Congrats! I think I once did a one-safe run on the Hard version, I should also try to perfect it some time, to take my mind off the Extreme version. Not now though, I'm so fucking tired of hearing that song right now, I spent like half of the day on it, and all I have to show for it is this lousy 75.5%

We used the same modules, yay

pariah164

OH GOD I FINALLY CLEARED THAT GODDAMN TECHNICAL ZONE, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT

No idea if I'll ever be able to do it again though.
Congrats! I know your pain.

Congrats! I think I once did a one-safe run on the Hard version, I should also try to perfect it some time, to take my mind off the Extreme version. Not now though, I'm so fucking tired of hearing that song right now, I spent like half of the day on it, and all I have to show for it is this lousy 75.5%

We used the same modules, yay
Hey, you're doing better than me; I always Drop Out. Cannot pass that bitch on Extreme.

I was so happy to get a Two-Sided Lovers module that wasn't Miku; Luka's is cool. Would rather it be my bae, Meiko, but Luka is fine too.

I've been hammering on Two-Sided Lovers for the better part of the day and not making any progress whatsoever. Every time I think I'm getting better at a particular part, I still end up with less than 75% on the final grade. Fuck this song, I hate it so much now.

Not making any progress on 2D Dream Fever either. They're the only two remaining songs I have yet to clear, and I'm starting to lose hope of ever clearing them, I just can't get any better no matter how much I mindlessly grind them.

Don't grind. If you can't clear it in 2-3 tries, then it's unlikely the outcome is going to change. Do other things. Work on records for other songs for a bit. Come back to it another day. Trying to grind it out is just going to frustrate you, which is counterproductive.

A surprise from my last stream was the moment the game decided I needed to play it. I've not played the song in months - most of my streams just loop the DLC songs and rarely stray into the main song list, and I'm not playing at all outside of when I'm streaming. I picked the wrong challenge item (meant to pick Micro Notes but picked High Speed instead) but just rolled with it. Was not expecting improvement, but it bumped my Standard up to an Excellent. Just goes to show that grinding is not the only way to achieve improvement.

antibolo

Banned
But they're the only two songs I have left to clear. And I've pretty much gotten as far as I can currently go in every other Extreme song in the game. I don't really know what else to do at this point, other than working on more perfects on Hard, but I'm tired of doing that because it feels like it's not making me any better at the game since Hard never really throws any stuff that gives me a genuine hard time apart from maybe 3 songs.

SimonM7

But they're the only two songs I have left to clear. And I've pretty much gotten as far as I can currently go in every other Extreme song in the game. I don't really know what else to do at this point, other than working on more perfects on Hard, but I'm tired of doing that because it feels like it's not making me any better at the game since Hard never really throws any stuff that gives me a genuine hard time apart from maybe 3 songs.

Equipped with your new skillset, go back to Diva F and run circles around some songs you couldn't do before. The games basically change into new games when you crack some of the concepts.

antibolo

Banned
Equipped with your new skillset, go back to Diva F and run circles around some songs you couldn't do before. The games basically change into new games when you crack some of the concepts.

I... can't go back to the previous game, not for a while at least. It brings back memories I'm trying to get behind me.

SimonM7

I'll see your frustration, and raise it with

B9_w89yCMAED8mW.jpg

I beat it since, but that was pretty annoying. Annoying spelled "throw controller and jump out the window".

antibolo

Banned
I'll see your frustration, and raise it with

B9_w89yCMAED8mW.jpg

I beat it since, but that was pretty annoying. Annoying spelled "throw controller and jump out the window".

You got the Chance Time but dropped out? Whaaaaaa?! How did this happen?

I haven't even got that Chance Time yet, I reached the Standard with just the first TZ.

SimonM7

You got the Chance Time but dropped out? Whaaaaaa?! How did this happen?

I haven't even got that Chance Time yet, I reached the Standard with just the first TZ.

I finished the song but dropped out. :D I made it past the "standard" line, but the song murdered me.

antibolo

Banned
Just tried Intense Voice again to refresh my memory. Holy shit, the Chance Time is even harder than I remembered. I never even came close to clearing it. Was that a one time stroke of luck or are you actually capable of consistently clearing it?

---

Two-Sided Lovers continues, got the first Technical twice in a row but shitty runs, then followed by a 77.1% run... I'm so sick and tired of playing it, why can't I clear this song already... Anyway, I'm calling it a day. My goal for the weekend was to beat TSL but it ain't happening.

SimonM7

Just tried Intense Voice again to refresh my memory. Holy shit, the Chance Time is even harder than I remembered. I never even came close to clearing it. Was that a one time stroke of luck or are you actually capable of consistently clearing it?

I'd have to check Intense Voice out again to remember for sure, but as I evidently cleared the Chance Time when I nearly beat the song, I'm pretty sure I had that down. I typically pay attention to the fastest/most compact way to get the biggest chunk of the metre at the bottom and rely pretty heavily on those to carry me to the finish. That's why I dropped out on that try, I imagine. I wasn't particularly good at simply hitting the normal prompts on it consistently. :D

But yah, would have to check it out again to be sure. I'll fire it up tomorrow. Bit engrossed in this vocaloid tuning at the moment. :>

I actually loved Ura-Omote/Two-Sided Lovers even before the game, and find it a blast to play, so that has been the most rewarding song for me in the game, I think. Different strokes, etc. :D

The Intense Voice is a song that gets consistently harder all the way through its runtime. As such the chance time falls somewhere in the middle difficulty wise and can be a good clutch to push the grade points above 80. I remember that in the beginning I made the mistake of playing the notes during the later parts (including chance time) too fast and thus messing up. I recommend looking up a playthrough on youtube to get the timing down.

antibolo

Banned
I'd have to check Intense Voice out again to remember for sure, but as I evidently cleared the Chance Time when I nearly beat the song, I'm pretty sure I had that down. I typically pay attention to the fastest/most compact way to get the biggest chunk of the metre at the bottom and rely pretty heavily on those to carry me to the finish. That's why I dropped out on that try, I imagine. I wasn't particularly good at simply hitting the normal prompts on it consistently. :D

But yah, would have to check it out again to be sure. I'll fire it up tomorrow. Bit engrossed in this vocaloid tuning at the moment. :>

I actually loved Ura-Omote/Two-Sided Lovers even before the game, and find it a blast to play, so that has been the most rewarding song for me in the game, I think. Different strokes, etc. :D

I... what?!

All this time I thought we were around the same skill level.

Fuck, I'm never going to be able to clear 2D Dream Fever.

Seeing both antibolo and SimonM7's scores in Extreme makes me want to hide in the corner and wept. I never managed to clear Two-Sided Lovers since I got it. I think I need a few more weeks (more like months heh) to be able to clear Extreme mode on my own. This game is beautifully wicked and yet fun to play at the same time.

Atleast Just be friends is already here, and Rosary Moon (?) is also coming out in a few weeks.

Atleast Just be friends is already here, and Rosary Moon (?) is also coming out in a few weeks.
Just a little over a week until Rosary Pale and Promise. You can check the second post in the thread if you need to see what's coming up that we know NA release dates for.

You can also see a (Japanese) DLC digest video that was posted to the dev blog a couple days ago. It includes several things that are not yet announced for release here (but I would expect to see them out within the month of April).

Is there an extra requirement to get the fireworks (?) to pop out at the end of Just be Friend's chance time. I swear I succeed it but sometimes they don't pop out. D:

Is there an extra requirement to get the fireworks (?) to pop out at the end of Just be Friend's chance time. I swear I succeed it but sometimes they don't pop out. D:
If you use both sticks/fingers to clear the chance time star, it overrides the chance time animation in favor of the normal one.

Top Bottom