• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah whoops, should clarify I meant it for both games, as I'm not that far into 2nd yet.

Also don't mean enka I guess, was the wrong term to use. Just sentimental ballad-like stuff which is what I usually associate with enka.

yyyugen

Any advice for extreme? Ive only been playing for around a week but have a G or higher on every song on hard. A lot of the songs on extreme just feel like button mashing though. Im good until a huge line of notes comes in with arrows mixed in. Do I just need to sit there and memorize each song?

pariah164

Any advice for extreme? Ive only been playing for around a week but have a G or higher on every song on hard. A lot of the songs on extreme just feel like button mashing though. Im good until a huge line of notes comes in with arrows mixed in. Do I just need to sit there and memorize each song?
Alternating between the face buttons and the d-pad is the key, but yes, I have trouble with arrows too. It's all about trial and error and practice. However, do not burn yourself out. It's more than OK to take breaks when you start to get frustrated.

yyyugen

Alternating between the face buttons and the d-pad is the key, but yes, I have trouble with arrows too. It's all about trial and error and practice. However, do not burn yourself out. It's more than OK to take breaks when you start to get frustrated.

Haha yea I just figured out yesterday that I could use the dpad to hit regular notes too. I guess now I need get good at alternating like you said. It definately makes it seem more doable now.

pariah164

Haha yea I just figured out yesterday that I could use the dpad to hit regular notes too. I guess now I need get good at alternating like you said. It definately makes it seem more doable now.
I highly recommend starting on Easy mode, using only the d-pad, then start alternating as you get more comfortable switching hands.

antibolo

Banned
Played a bit today. I had stopped playing the game (in fact, any video game) at the same time as I took a break from GAF. I think it went pretty well, I managed to pass Two-Faced Lovers a few more times, improving my grade to 83%. Also did a 80.3% run where I failed the first Technical, which is kinda even better. And I improved my grade on Envy Cat Walk to 84.8% which I am pretty happy with.

With that said I'm still going to take it slow. I'm probably also going to avoid taking on any new rhythm game for a while. I used to be looking forward to Project Mirai DX, IA/VT, and P4DAN, but now? Eh, not so much...

Zambayoshi

Can't get Rolling Girl out of my head...

But damn those triplet notes where you have two groups together of a different type, like circles then triangles! When dual-wielding I'm having to alternate the starting hand as well, which is a little challenging on such a fast song. Very enjoyable though. The song also gives me all the feels, which is good *sniff*.

antibolo

Banned
Fun fact: the lyrics to Rolling Girl are pretty representative of my recent state of mind when playing the game.

As for the song itself, eehh, maybe I'll be able to get an Excellent some day, but I don't care anymore. Now I'm just satisfied to have a Great on a 9-star song.

I did came close to clearing the second Technical today though, so I guess never say never.

Re: triplets: for some reason I'm getting pretty decent at the first Technical in Two-Faced Lovers (which is basically a long chain of triplets), but I still can't do the seemingly simpler ones in Rolling Girl at all.

yyyugen

All of them. Yes, even the Miracle Girls one when I haven't seen any of those anime yet. Such is my hunger for any rhythm game on Vita.

haha same here. Miracle Girls oughta be be good since its pretty much just a diva reskin.
Im pretty hyped for all of them. Mostly iavt because of all the Jin songs.

Thanks for reminder about mirai piriah, forgot to preorder

Definitely in for IA/VT.
I'm not sure about P4D, gameplay looks kinda bad. It doesn't help that the trailers almost seem to hide the gameplay out of embaressment.
Don't have a 3DS so probably gonna pass on Mirai.

antibolo

Banned
It's pretty easy to be cynical towards P4D considering how much they milked Persona 4 so far.

Also as great as the Persona 4 soundtrack is, I'm not entirely convinced it's going to be good rhythm game material.

yyyugen

It's pretty easy to be cynical towards P4D considering how much they milked Persona 4 so far.

Also as great as the Persona 4 soundtrack is, I'm not entirely convinced it's going to be good rhythm game material.

True. It seems like they only want to show character videos instead of showing gameplay. Ive always been a fan of the p3 soundtrack more so it wont be a huge loss for me if turns out bad. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt though.

Zambayoshi

Fun fact: the lyrics to Rolling Girl are pretty representative of my recent state of mind when playing the game.

As for the song itself, eehh, maybe I'll be able to get an Excellent some day, but I don't care anymore. Now I'm just satisfied to have a Great on a 9-star song.

I did came close to clearing the second Technical today though, so I guess never say never.

Re: triplets: for some reason I'm getting pretty decent at the first Technical in Two-Faced Lovers (which is basically a long chain of triplets), but I still can't do the seemingly simpler ones in Rolling Girl at all.

I think the triplets in Rolling Girl are just a bit too fast for me to do easily. Two Faced Lovers, although there are more sets, is a bit more staccato I think, which helps me line up the triplets.

It's past 4AM and I've been unable to fall asleep for a few hours, so I manually fixed the sync on some videos exported from my last Project DIVA stream by demuxing them into their base video and audio streams, cropping the audio stream, and remuxing the original video with the cropped audio. So now you can catch the highlights with mostly correct sync (the offset was a guess based on me trying to time the difference with a web-based stopwatch and not really checking the result):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRZCwPvqcjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS7LMrCH98A

Fun fact: I wanted to know how the Ha2une Miku module looks like and googled it. Google search has exactly one hit (this thread). Image search yields 2 pictures, the avatars of pariah164 and Zambayoshi.

antibolo

Banned
Just looked at it in the Store. It looks... meh. Like they took Miku's normal clothing and said "let's make it ugly".

There's already a ton of existing school uniform-style modules for Miku that look a lot better. (Rolling Girl, Chat Noir, Ribbon Girl, Liar, whatever the Sakura Rain one is called, etc.)

I usually always buy the official modules for the DLC songs but I'll skip this one if it is one of them.

Can't access the US store from europe.

You can access other country stores if you logout. It only forces you back to your country if you are already logged in.

antibolo

Banned
Thanks for the tips antibolo and YianGaruga. I actually like the module. It looks like something Miku would wear in an office environment.

I'll admit, I usually play Hello Worker with Miku's Liar module (from Doubleganger) and pretend that she's a cute intern. It looks neat enough to pass as business wear.

macklelol

New modules are okay, not something I would buy, but I hardly buy any modules anyways...

As for the DLC songs, uh
lWssk3X.jpg

SimonM7

Um. I get a download error on Marginal after having "purchased" it. On my download list on the PS3 the download arrow is grayed out. :O

Update: Never mind! I went to the add-on space on the ps3 store manually and downloaded it. That worked.

I actually like the module. It looks like something Miku would wear in an office environment.

It still looks to me like a more generic version of the convenience store uniform modules that used to be offered as preorder DLC in Japan. I'm not sure if that's intended.

Is it 'rapid' difficult like Intense Voice or 'syncopated' difficult like Miracle Paint?

Definitely the latter, but it doesn't seem quite as confusing as Miracle Paint. So far.

Also, of all songs I've played in these games, Marginal is probably the first to have a background animation that's consistently distracting. Those waves of light that scroll upward really throw me off.

Draikin 2

Um. I get a download error on Marginal after having "purchased" it. On my download list on the PS3 the download arrow is grayed out. :O
I assume this is also the EU download you're talking about? I can't download the song either, it appears both versions of the songs are listed as PS Vita. I can't seem to find the Ha2une module.

SimonM7

I assume this is also the EU download you're talking about? I can't download the song either, it appears both versions of the songs are listed as PS Vita. I can't seem to find the Ha2une module.

Try going on the store on your PS3 and navigating to the game space -> add-ons, and download from there. It's just one selection that bags you both versions, so you can't avoid downloading both - but at least it works.

ChrisD

My Miracle Paint time has served me well, as I managed to eke out a 95.4 (E) on Marginal as a first listen. Don't know about my opinions on the song itself. Miracle Paint feels more "full" with less empty space in the music... If that makes sense.

macklelol

After several heart-breaking 1 Safe attempts, I have finally got a perfect on Extreme Ievan Polkka.

I really wish I could use challenge items, though. I've been playing with them for so long it feels really weird when they're gone.

antibolo

Banned
Where does the Extreme tutorial stand up difficulty-wise compared to the most difficult songs in the game? From that screenshot (congrats on your victory, macklelol) we can see that the game considers it a 9-star song but I doubt it really matches up to the other 9-star songs in the game?

Where does the Extreme tutorial stand up difficulty-wise compared to the most difficult songs in the game? From that screenshot (congrats on your victory, macklelol) we can see that the game considers it a 9-star song but I doubt it really matches up to the other 9-star songs in the game?

I think 9 stars is reasonable. The song does get pretty complicated towards the end but the bpm isn't too high and it's also pretty short. It would be helpful if one could use Micro Notes to make the later parts more readable though.

Zambayoshi

Ha2une Miku module not showing up in the EU store... is it just me?

EDIT: Well gee, looks like only the NA store gets the Ha2une Miku module. It's not even listed as part of the EU PS Store Update on the blog. Is the costume too risque for the Europeans?

Draikin 2

Try going on the store on your PS3 and navigating to the game space -> add-ons, and download from there. It's just one selection that bags you both versions, so you can't avoid downloading both - but at least it works.
I tried downloading both from the add-ons, and they do indeed appear to install, but I still can't find the song in-game. It definitely downloaded both (all the EU DLC does that) and installed one of them. Are you actually seeing the song listed ingame?

Top Bottom