• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Great episode.

Catherine's outburst at Selina was fantastic, especially considering how subdued they have kept the actress up to this point in the series.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I know the VP staff is often incompetent, but trying to convince a comedy show not to do any more bits about the VP? Hah.

Great episode.

Catherine's outburst at Selina was fantastic, especially considering how subdued they have kept the actress up to this point in the series.

Yeah, that was great.

I loved their first interchange, where Katherine's like, "why don't you change?" Julia Louis-Dreyfus has the best facial expressions, she holds back for a split second and then just seethes with a 'oh no you did not' look.

The whole SNL storyline being about a pony was on a whole new level of meta. The smit at the end and the way she looked at the camera had me dying for a few minutes.

Twio

"Doyle? You're kidding me. I'd rather get advice from a fucking Ouija Board."

This Season is kicking ass so far.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I love Mike's craven "you probably already know what I'm about to say, so why don't you say it so I don't have to."

JDSN

Banned
I loved Mike making the Jonad chant and it actually working, this episode was really dark tonight, theres a lot of Peter Mannion on Selina I hope we get to see more of it.

Sai-kun

Banned
I call all my friends 'fucking nerds' all the time, so Dan calling out the 'fucking nerds' at SNL had me rolling :lol

I thought shit was about to get serious with Mike and Jonad, and I was kinda excited to see that play out, but I'm kinda glad it all got worked out in the end anyways. Mike is usually a decent guy, so I was sad seeing him fuck up even worse than usual :(

Possibly my favourite episode to date. And I'm not just saying that because of Julia's tight dress; the script, acting and direction were absolutely perfect. 10/10

ryan299

Is it just me or does anybody else find this season to be boring? I started Veep like two months ago. Binge watched the first two seasons and now I find this season to be incredibly dull. I'm kinda over how idiotic everybody in her office is.

Clevinger

"I was just telling her how special she is. Like, who's this lady in the back? I don't even know her."
"Her? She just beat cancer."
"Yeah, but not a bad one."

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
They really have stepped it up another level this season. Mike is such a tragic character and the relationship between Selina and her daughter is perfect. Her response to the outburst was perfect; JLD nailed that.

addik

I don't know why, but it was hard to watch this episode. I had to pause it every now and then.

It's masterfully done, but seeing Selena throw her convictions in to a ditch, and shafting Alicia out of her speech were really intense moments. Again, wonderful performances from the cast. Someone has to give all of them a Best Ensemble award.

Cannot wait for the next episode based on that preview.

Do they have bathrooms here or do they put their turds up in the cloud?

Peru

This show is without fail even better on repeated viewings. 2nd,yes, but also 3rd and 4th. I've already watched this one twice and I'm ready to go again.

Veep has been renewed for S4
LOS ANGELES, April 21, 2014 – HBO has renewed the comedy series VEEP for a fourth season and SILICON VALLEY for a second season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. The renewals follow the recent two-season renewal of “Game of Thrones.”

Created by Armando Iannucci (Oscar® nominee for co-writing “In the Loop”), VEEP stars Emmy® and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Selina Meyer, who becomes vice president, only to discover The Job is nothing like she expected, but everything she was warned about. The Emmy®-nominated and Writers Guild Award-winning series kicked off its ten-episode third season Sunday, April 6 (10:30-11:00 p.m. ET/PT).

In addition to Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the ensemble cast for the third season includes Emmy® winner Tony Hale, Emmy® nominee Anna Chlumsky, Reid Scott, Matt Walsh, Timothy C. Simons, Sufe Bradshaw and Kevin Dunn.

Mike Judge (“Office Space,” “Beavis & Butt-head,” “King of the Hill”) brings his irreverent brand of humor to HBO in the new comedy series SILICON VALLEY. Partially inspired by Judge’s own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late ‘80s, the show is a collaboration between Judge and Alec Berg (“Seinfeld,” HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm”), and began its eight-episode first season Sunday, April 6 (10:00-10:30 p.m.).

Cast regulars for the first season include Thomas Middleditch, T.J. Miller, Zach Woods, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr, Josh Brener, Amanda Crew and the late Christopher Evan Welch. Matt Ross guest stars.

Both shows have sparked critical raves, with TheDailyBeast.com calling VEEP a “whiz-bang brilliant political farce,” while Variety.com praised the show’s “fearless irreverence” and described it as “ruthlessly funny.” VanityFair.com hailed star Julia Louis-Dreyfus, observing, “Hers is the strongest comedic performance on television.” SILICON VALLEY was termed a “terrific new comedy” by Entertainment Weekly, which awarded the show an A-, and HollywoodReporter.com called it “flat-out brilliant” and “uncommonly insightful,” while the Washington Post described the show as “delicious” and “hilarious.”

Peru

Oh thank heavens for the renewal! This is shaping up to be one of the all time great comedy series seasons, period. And I have a feeling the showrunners might want to finish the whole thing off with season 4. That may be a natural closer. We'll see.

Leunam

Man they really nailed how awful SNL is.

And this may be the best acting from Dreyfuss I've seen yet on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom