• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

My answer is Onimusha quadrilogy every time this comes up, I'm still holding off on replaying them just in case. I think it's safe to say they're not coming now though..

Honestly I think Capcom had a hard time releasing onimusha remaster due to the need to pay royalties to the actors (Jean Reno & takechi Jin)

Demon's Souls.

It's the only one I haven't played and I'm not buying a PS3 just to play it. Even if they released it on PS Now then I'd take that ("no way! the input lag would make it unplayable!")

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Shenmue I&II

edit: And Code Veronica updated with REmake models (Chris, zombies) and Claire with as many polygons as in her cutscenes...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Silent Hill Complete Collection.
SH1 - SH2 RD - SH3 - SH4 The Room
SH1 fully Remastered up to par with SH2
1080p with Pro Support.

PERSONA GOLD Collection
PERSONA 3 FES + P3P extras & PERSONA 4 GOLDEN
1080p with Pro support.

Onimusha Collection

Onimusha 1,2,3,4 1080p 60fps with Pro support and improved textures.

Devil May Cry
Dante Must Die Collection
1080p 60fps with Pro support
Improved textures*
All characters playable across all 4 games.

Metal Gear Solid Quadtrilogy
MGS1 Remastered with Fox engine + Original PSX version in 1080p - MGS2 - MGS3 - MGS4
1080p 60fps with Pro support

Given the upcoming remasters of Crash Bandicoot, I'd like to see Spyro get a second shot as well. Skylanders is dying, and he may end up going down with it.

opricnik

Banned
Ninja Gaiden Black HD would be cool

ninjagaiden_ps3box_usa_org_000.jpg

Shame PS Now sucks for you up. I actually signed up for it last month and am really surprised how well it works for me. That being said I agree about the Team ICO collection. I'd also like to see DQVIII and the MGS HD collection.

Protome

I'd rebuy the MGS collection on literally any platform it came out on
as long as it is a good port.

CrayToes

Demon's & Dark Souls
Killzone 2
Resistance Trilogy
Infamous 1 & 2
Dead Space Trilogy
Mass Effect Trilogy
Project Gotham 4

Orpheum

Demon's Souls/ Dark Souls 1

Dead Space (together with a sequel or prequel, i don't care really, i just want Dead Space)

Mass Effect (Haven't yet played any ME)

Red Dead Redemption would be dope as well, hoped for it due to the sequel

I somehow want to play Modern Warfare 2 on current gen as well

Demons by far by I would also love:

• Extreme G series remaster
  • Forsaken Remaster
  • Shadowman 1 Remaster
  • Turok Trilogy

Those 4 above in 1080p 60fps would rock my world

The Movies
Original Resident Evil
Demon's Souls
MGS collection
Dead Space 1&2
Mass Effect Trilogy
Mario Kart Double Dash
Knights of The Old Republic 1&2

Knights of the Old Republic I & II
BLACK
Every Dreamcast game in my collection that hasn't been updated (Mars Matrix, Power Stone 2, etc.)

Let's draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag all these soldiers back to the truck.

Worse levels, controls, bosses, characters, everything.

The music is great though.

drawing is inferior to fulton

and pw has better controls

but levels, story, bosses are better in portable ops than pw (not a high bar lol), plus it's not a grindfest like pw

There's some really good suggestions in here.

The only one that matters to me, though, is TimeSplitters. Give me TimeSplitters.

(I would also take an amazing Okami HD remake.)

I'm shocked that Mass Effect hasn't been remastered. I don't personally need it because I can play those on PC, but it seems like such a no-brainer.

EDIT: For my actual answer, I guess Red Dead Redemption. I doubt I'd be able to find the time to play a remaster, but I know for a fact I won't be revisiting that game at Xbox 360 quality.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh I have a few;

Viewtiful Joe 1+2, I love the Viewtiful Joe series and I feel that it should get a remaster treatment.

Sonic and All-star racing Transformed, this games needs to be brought to current gen and bumping up the frame rate from 30 to 60.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, both games are out of print and buying a copy means dropping serous cash.

Donkey Kong Country Returns, it would be perfect for the Switch and I would totally buy it despite owning the Wii and 3DS version.

Pokémon Colosseum and XD, the game was kinda dated when it was originally released due them reusing the N64 Pokémon model a HD remaster could fix that plus they could make it compatible with the current Pokémon game via bank.

Skyward Sword, this one is probably most likely to happen and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens sometime next year.

Athreous

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy HD on PS4/PC 60 fps/4k
FFXIII Trilogy 60 fps 4k :D
Valkyrie Profile 2 please

Legend of Dragoon with what sony did to crash trilogy remaster! :D

Brave Fencer Musashi would be great too with that crash stuff :D

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil Outbreak HD Collection.

Just add some in-game voice chat, and a few small changes and it would be magical.

Top Bottom