• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I was thinking more of the turn 6+ when you're winding down and resorting to topdecking + lifetapping. If you get a doomguard it's a dead card in your hand as you'd need to draw 1-2 cards more (depending on whether you got it naturally or via lifetap) before you could field it. And dead turns kill zoo pretty hard.

That's what I mean by no deck would be able to accommodate it 100%. Zoo would be torn between developing a board and keeping cards for Doomguard discards which forces the deck into a bad spot as well as pretty much removing top deck options. Control-y decks have the cards for it but doesn't want to give them up for discard. It's a pretty heavy handed change in general and the only silver-lining is Voidcaller looks better but not exactly in a positive way.

Beyond that, I really don't even think Zoo needs anything done tweak wise and more just a card issue.

Tacitus_

That's what I mean by no deck would be able to accommodate it 100%. Zoo would be torn between developing a board and keeping cards for Doomguard discards which forces the deck into a bad spot as well as pretty much removing top deck options. Control-y decks have the cards for it but doesn't want to give them up for discard. It's a pretty heavy handed change in general and the only silver-lining is Voidcaller looks better but not exactly in a positive way.

Beyond that, I really don't even think Zoo needs anything done tweak wise and more just a card issue.

Ah, I see. I'd think that instead of attempting to get Voidcaller there it would just get swapped for maybe Argent Commander or something.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Every time I see Loatheb or the sludge dropped against me, I cry a little on the inside.

EDIT: Well, my purchase finally went through. Now I too can put Loatheb/Sludge in all my decks.

rac

Banned
I had someone drop Loatheb on and empty board and the only thing I had in my hand was minions, really effective turn.

I had someone drop Loatheb on and empty board and the only thing I had in my hand was minions, really effective turn.

Dropping a 5/5 on turn 5 is an effective turn, regardless of the battlecry. Sometimes it's useful, sometimes not, but the body is still there and it trades well with almost everything played on that turn, the next or the previous.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wherever I hide... I see signs of this fucking game.

kweEOFE.png

johnsmith

remember me
Messing around with midrange hunter. I forgot how much I liked this deck, and got lots of new toys with all the naxx beasts. Can easily be tweaked to be better vs zoo or druid depending on what you're facing the most.

Prodigal

Banned
So I was just playing a warrior and we're at turn 8. I'm up 30-20. I've got a knife juggler on the board and he has nothing. For some reason he decides to play Leeroy, and the two whelps he summons triggers the juggler to hit Leeroy twice, killing him before he can charge me. Never seen that before! What a dumbass. :p

So I was just playing a warrior and we're at turn 8. I'm up 30-20. I've got a knife juggler on the board and he has nothing. For some reason he decides to play Leeroy, and the two whelps he summons triggers the juggler to hit Leeroy twice, killing him before he can charge me. Never seen that before! What a dumbass. :p

Still waiting for that to happen to me. Though I have gotten the a by Kinfe Juggler hitting the opponent in the face while bypassing a taunt.

dgY0kd5.png

Rerolling has always proven pointless in the past. Never got 60G or 100G quests. Before this I thought you guys were just fucking with people when you said it was possible. Then I got 3 of these in a row. Nice. 40G quests have better gold per win ratio though.

Woah I didn't know this was in the game! Where is that?

Last I knew, should be in your factions respective Mists Shrine area. (Seven Stars / Two Moons) I don't think anything actually happens with it, but I think it's great that it's in game. I hope they eventually add spell effects or make the characters talk. Would be awesome to see someone yell, "Topdecked!" or something that card players say.

dgY0kd5.png

Rerolling has always proven pointless in the past. Never got 60G or 100G quests. Before this I thought you guys were just fucking with people when you said it was possible. Then I got 3 of these in a row. Nice. 40G quests have better gold per win ratio though.

I always reroll into something I can complete easily. Unless I feel like playing that class. Usually I go for druid and rogue. Sometimes I'll do 60g ones but I don't mind rerolling if I don't feel like playing the class atm.

Also, if you are on NA servers between 3-4am EST the reroll bug works again! Infinite rerolls are nice. You can only get 1x 100g quest per a week tho I think.

Minsc

Gold Member
I always reroll into something I can complete easily. Unless I feel like playing that class. Usually I go for druid and rogue. Sometimes I'll do 60g ones but I don't mind rerolling if I don't feel like playing the class atm.

Also, if you are on NA servers between 3-4am EST the reroll bug works again! Infinite rerolls are nice. You can only get 1x 100g quest per a week tho I think.

120g for 5 warlock wins is totally worth it and easy, that's actually better than the elusive 100g quest (and it also has a better gold ratio than single 40g quests!). :)

So is the 100g quest really impossible to reroll now? I tried for like 20 minutes the other day. I got a natural 100g quest last week so I know it still exists, I guess they just took it off the reroll table to combat the glitch.

Kenaras

No, I rerolled into the 100g quest just last night. Either you were incredibly unlucky, or it was still on cooldown from the last time you completed it.

Haly

There's an internal cooldown on quests. You'll never get the same quest twice within 3-4 days.

EDIT: Well, this Wing was actually a challenge. I squeezed an hour out of it versus the 20 minutes I spent on the first wing (with the launch day lag).

Haly

I don't have the decks (deleted them after I finished), but I'll list some of the key card choices and overall strategy.

Noth: Freeze + Trap Mage, with all my early game removed. Ice Lance, Frost Bolt, Arcane Explosion, Frost Nova, Counterspell, Ice Barrier, Vaporize, Fireball, Polymorph, Blizzard, Flamestrike and Pyroblast. Also used some late game creatures thrown in although I don't remember which, and a single Doomsayer. I think I might've used Ethereal Arcanist and Kirin Tor Mage. Just control the board and ping away at him until it's safe to play a creature.

Heigan: Priest, with Lightwell/Gargoyle + Divine Spirit to soak up the Hero Power, Anub Eggs for free 4/4s (that get Soulfired every damn time). Circle of Healing, Silence, Smite, Shadow Words (both), Holy Nova, Lightspawn, Shadow Madness and Auchenai Soul Priest. Strategy was to take control of the board and then set up the buffer, and just keep removing things from the field while you chip him down.

Loatheb: Warrior, curve didn't go beyond 4 mana. Warsong Commander, Harvest Golem, Earthen Ring Farseer, Argent Squire, Cruel Taskmaster, Armorsmith, Frothing Breserker and Voodoo Priest for bodies. Cleave, Execute, Slam, Shield Block for spells. Do not use weapons, you absolutely cannot take any amount of extra damage. I had to redo this a bunch of times to get a nutty hand. Basically, you want to use the initial Spore they give you to establish control of the board, and then keep trading while building up your side with bodies and his side with spores while staying ahead of his Hero Power with Armor Up/Shield Block. Once you get a critical mass of Spores, pop as many of them as possible at once and then go for the dome. Should take no more than 2-3 turns, and you'll be cutting it close. Whirlwind for that final push is a possibility, but I didn't try it.

EDIT: Hunter is a possibility for this fight as well, but I had disenchanted all my key Hunter cards for bonus dust so I couldn't put together anything.

The gist of this wing is to:

1) Figure out a counter for the Hero Power
2) Control the board

Why is it whenever I play a fucking priest, they ALWAYS get the perfect "RANDOM" cards from my deck when they play thought steal to perfectly counter whatever the fuck I currently have on the board. Every mother fucking time.

It's not even a fucking game at that point, its fucking Blizzard holding their hand saying "you don't have a counter right now, so we'll give you a couple!".

Haly

Trolling <15 Ladder with this deck.
I like watching people pause while they try to figure out what the hell i'm doing. Had a Hunter who was so scared of Mirror Image he didn't play anything all game, and relied on spells to take me down. At one point he tried to Flare my Secrets and... woops, Counterspell!

Good times.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why is it whenever I play a fucking priest, they ALWAYS get the perfect "RANDOM" cards from my deck when they play thought steal to perfectly counter whatever the fuck I currently have on the board. Every mother fucking time.

It's not even a fucking game at that point, its fucking Blizzard holding their hand saying "you don't have a counter right now, so we'll give you a couple!".

I played against a Priest who used my Lay on Hands with Auchenai Soulpriest to finish me off. =(

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why would that make you sad? I want that to happen to me, sounds awesome.

Actually the priest was a couple turns in fatigue when he did it. I was hoping to heck that he would fatigue himself to death and it would be a double kill. He took like 3-4-5 fatigue at the very end but still had 3 hp left.

Now that would have been awesome.

Man I seriously like all the new cards. Having fun playing the game!

(get Loathrekt)

I had a Priest copy my Loatheb TWICE in one game. Mother fucker dropped three Loathebs on me. God damn RNG.

I once had a Priest play my Cairne TWICE before I could even draw him from my own deck.. That one card single-handedly beat me. MY OWN CARD beat me.

Tarazet

I barely get to use my golden yetis.. I don't play any decks that use them..

No one expects the vanilla fatty. Speaking of which, I've played Rogue a few times in arena since Naxx came out.. every time I've taken Anub'ar Ambusher over the Yeti, I've regretted it. It is so easy to get completely fucked by playing it. Don't be fooled into thinking that it's a viable substitute.

So, next week (Dancing Swords, Spectral Knight, Deathlord, Rivendare) should be interesting, or at least I hope so. I have a feeling the next four cards are going to see a lot of play. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it though, hah. They all seem like they're going to be a pain to deal with. Also looking forward to Rivendare combos and Rebirth. Hopefully my Shaman will get his chance in the sun.

As well, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Wailing Soul see a lot of play as well. The next few cards all have a somewhat negative Deathrattles, not to forget the potential to heal / buff Spectral Knight, so I'm hoping it really changes things up a bit more.

P.S. Thanks Haly.

spectral knight is definitely getting slotted into a lot of decks. I don't know about the others, though. dancing swords might be good in zoo.

Haly

Me, I'm looking forward to Mad Scientist and all the Secret decks that'll pop up.

Haly

Hunter will be good because it can play Secrets AND remove Secrets.

Cipherr

dgY0kd5.png

Meh just reroll them every day. Never do a 40g quest again, take your pick evvvvvvveryday with infinite rerolls.

ib05SWl3lU5KNJ.gif

Hmm, ya, Pally Priest Dominance will do, I like those classes hahaaaaaaaaa
B2paMS4.png

You mad EU?
ujhlCC6.png

Infinite reroll only works on the NA server for some reason. Never got it to work on EU, but basically everyday I can infinite reroll on NA if I log in anytime near the reset. On EU instead you can't reroll at all during that time, even if you still should be able to reroll for the day. Definitely mad.

Lyng

Infinite reroll only works on the NA server for some reason. Never got it to work on EU, but basically everyday I can infinite reroll on NA if I log in anytime near the reset. On EU instead you can't reroll at all during that time, even if you still should be able to reroll for the day. Definitely mad.

Gotta help the poor americans....Otherwise they might sue Blizzard because the game is too hard... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom