• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

Nothing quite like hexing a 13 10 void terror, lightning storming a full board, and then dieing to soulfire, tap soulfire zzzzzzzzzz.

Zemm

Druids must be loving the Zoo complaints, because it takes how they are a far far more powerful (overpowered?) class out of the spotlight.

zoukka

Yeah nerf Ancient of Lore before Loatheb pls blizz.

I want to play control warrior again with Naxx cards, but why would anyone do that when Naxxlock is just the better deck...

Jedi2016

I like watching people pause while they try to figure out what the hell i'm doing.
This is precisely why I don't try to use any of the "popular" decks or doing things only because other players tell me that's how I "should" be doing it. I make my own decks and play them my way. Had a warrior the other day who did the same thing, I guess he was trying to figure out what "type" of deck I was playing, he couldn't make up his mind what to do each turn. He did well, but I still took the game.

Yeah nerf Ancient of Lore before Loatheb pls blizz.

I want to play control warrior again with Naxx cards, but why would anyone do that when Naxxlock is just the better deck...

I think warrior control got a few good cards.

That aoe 1/3 ghoul combos amazing with many cards.

The sludge belcher fills out their curve well and is hard to remove with ease. Loatheb buys a full turn against druids and miracle rogues which can be devastating.

From all accounts control warrior is doing really well atm.

Zemm

All I'm facing right now are zoo or druids (out of like 50-70 games this weekend), it's really annoying because a deck to combat one is useless against the other. Rarely get a hunter, the other classes seem to be extinct.

Man and I was having fun again with this game until this Druid wall. Oh well, back to waiting new cards or nerfs.

Yep much better than before, but it still gets rekt by Druid no problem.

Yeah, sucks when the counter decks are strong in the meta. But then again every deck has a weakness like that. Like druid is countered by handlock for instance.

Zafir

I see quite a few, which is great considering I've been playing Shaman. No where near the popularity of Zoo and Druid though.

who plays handlock nowadays? The last one I saw was about 2 weeks ago.

I've seen more than a few handlocks. They now have more options too. Like some run nerubian egg because of hellfire synergy. Or at least have tried it. Handlock is going to be one of those decks that is always ran, you can't completely discount it from showing up ever.

Handlocks are pretty strong in a druid meta so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in.

Ultrabum

I've seen more than a few handlocks. They now have more options too. Like some run nerubian egg because of hellfire synergy. Or at least have tried it. Handlock is going to be one of those decks that is always ran, you can't completely discount it from showing up ever.

Handlocks are pretty strong in a druid meta so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in.

The hardest thing about handlock is all of your mulligans are opposite :(

I think warrior control got a few good cards.

That aoe 1/3 ghoul combos amazing with many cards.

The sludge belcher fills out their curve well and is hard to remove with ease. Loatheb buys a full turn against druids and miracle rogues which can be devastating.

From all accounts control warrior is doing really well atm.

yep. I've been having an easy time against druids.

the only problematic matchup is zoo. and i've been winning about 50%. unstable ghoul gets some work done.

Ultrabum

Loatheb winning me lots of games vs non miracle. The card really is good in a lot of places.

Just now played him and a bunch of minions to prevent an unleash combo, so strong.

biaxident

Have a quest for kill 40 minions and play 30 dudes under 2 mana (rerolled both past 2 days) so I figured I would do zoo for it. 2 matches in ranked, utterly destroyed the guys and felt bad. Think i'll do the quest in arena, zoo is just stupid easy to play. On the other hand my control pally does pretty well versus zoo. Matches are always close since i'm near soulfire range by turn 7 or 8, but a big taunt and being above 4 health that late, always game. So good seeing zoo concede when I drop tyrion (as long as I'm above 4 hp).

zoukka

The age old curse. Play warrior, never see a Zoo deck again. Switch to anything else and zoo's rampant. The matchmaking is trolling.

zoukka

I think Shaman will be top tier soon if not already. The earth shocks are premium in a world of deathrattle and rebirth gives them so much more utility and range.

Ultrabum

I think Shaman will be top tier soon if not already. The earth shocks are premium in a world of deathrattle and rebirth gives them so much more utility and range.

Maybe, I feel like no lightning storm is an instant loss to zoo though. Although maybe the other nax cards can make up for it with things like unstable goul.

ShinNL

Aside from obvious kill combos with Leeroy, if you use 10 mana to play a Cairne, Ancestral Spirit, Rebirth Reincarnate, it's just... freaking amazing. 3 Cairne's and a Baine for 10 mana. Imagine doing that after a Flamestrike or Equality clear.

Edit: I believe the card has been renamed.

manhack

Nothing more satisfying than beating a zoolock.

Bastard was so salty he waited out the timer for the last 2 turns. That's when you know they are a piece of shit. You have no excuse to be pissed when you lose as zoo.

Don't forget Rivendare / Ancestral Spirit. The current deck I'm running has been working out decently. So far my favorite play has been double Spirit on Leeroy / Al'Akir for maximum fun.

I should probably get more deathrattles though, that would maximize the value.

ShinNL

Don't forget Rivendare / Ancestral Spirit. The current deck I'm running has been working out decently. So far my favorite play has been double Spirit on Leeroy / Al'Akir for maximum fun.

I should probably get more deathrattles though, that would maximize the value.
Wait, if you Ancestral Spirit on Rivendare, will he revive himself twice if he dies?

biaxident

These arena decks have been pretty crazy lately. Once I hit 3 wins, it seems every deck has insane value minions. Double yeti's, triple ogres, argus, and whatever else. Used to run into these decks back in the day in the 7+ area mainly, but my past several good arena decks that would have gone 7+ before just go 3-5 wins lol. Actually had a leeroy this run, go 4-3 and he won me 3 of the games by himself (faceless'd once). Are there just way less scrubs in arena these days?

I'm a new player with some competitive mtg experience running zoolock.

Honestly, I see a LOT of crying going on throughout the hearthstone community, and I feel that it's unwarranted.

If a meta has two to three very strong decks it doesn't necessarily mean that it's imbalanced. That's actually quite common. If the meta doesn't shift after several months the format can definitely become stale, but I don't see that happening here. Someone will come up with new decks to shift the meta (deathrattle deck?) and on we'll go from there.

It's okay for one or two decks to dominate the meta for a while, that's just the nature of competitive tcg play.

People like to talk about the warlock hero power and compare it to insanely powerful, or banned cards in mtg or ygo. While it's unfair to make direct comparisons, I think the warlock power is most similar to

os4rc9v1ti_en.jpg

which was a staple in mono black devotion decks about six months ago. Strong card in a strong deck, but not broken by any means.

The game will never be perfectly balanced at all times. The best players will rise to the top regardless of the meta. The only danger right now is if the zoolock cycle isn't broken by the new cards and the game becomes boring, but like I said, that is extremely unlikely as we are literally getting an influx of new cards every single week right now.

Prodigal

Banned
Got a Cenarius in a pack, worth keeping around? I don't see him much in netdecks and I don't have any Ancients of Lore that I could craft from dust from him.

Ultrabum

Got a Cenarius in a pack, worth keeping around? I don't see him much in netdecks and I don't have any Ancients of Lore that I could craft from dust from him.

I was thinking about crafting him to put in a ramp Druid. The anchient of lore is for sure better though, but u might get some in packs!

Zafir

Well, the reason Zoo is popular is kind of mixed reasons. First of all it's cheap so people can do well even when they're new. I ran it at first, I'd maybe still be running it now if I didn't get sick of playing it since I'm still missing a load of cards.

Second of all, because it has a load of early cards and due to the warlock hero power it's just a lot more consistent. It just has more chance to get what it needs to win. The naxx cards only helped it because the deathrattles mean clearing isnt even clearing the board anymore.

I think the WEC qualifier just show cases it. Both Alchemixt and Tides managed to 3-0 as zoo.

Xanathus

Yeah all that text about how zoo isn't overpowered is complete nonsense after the 3-0 thrashing by Alchemixt in the WEC NA finals.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Going down the twitch streams and the top 15,13 are playing aggro decks, 8 zoo

biaxident

Well, the reason Zoo is popular is kind of mixed reasons. First of all it's cheap so people can do well even when they're new. I ran it at first, I'd maybe still be running it now if I didn't get sick of playing it since I'm still missing a load of cards.

Second of all, because it has a load of early cards and due to the warlock hero power it's just a lot more consistent. It just has more chance to get what it needs to win. The naxx cards only helped it because the deathrattles mean clearing isnt even clearing the board anymore.

I think the WEC qualifier just show cases it. Both Alchemixt and Tides managed to 3-0 as zoo.

Just caught the last match with alchemixt and yeah if zoo can get out some high health minions for cheap (egg 4/4 guy) and DiD, it can get pretty tough. It's just a simple deck to play with very little dust. The meta will adjust and zoo counters will pop up, but zoo will always be around. Been around since october really (or earlier). It's just always efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom