• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the interruption, everyone. Huge CCG geek here. What resources are you guys using for strategy and decklists?

I found Hearthstoneplayers.com and found a couple decks I enjoy there. Hearthpwn seems to have a good grouping of decks but lists don't necessarily seem to be accurate/up to date. Any thoughts

zoukka

lolololololol Redemption is fucking useless now after the secret nerf. Totally forgot about it.

Oh and Tirion has the most badass Legendary sound effects when you play him GODDAMN.

ShinNL

I just don't understand how shit the game feels when someone who runs Blizzard, Flamestrike, Cairne and Ragnaros has a better early curve than I do with a test deck that has only low drops except for 2 Fire Elementals.

Double Manawyrm + Faerie Dragon + Argent Squire + Defender of Argus.

It makes it really feel like bullshit.

FStop7

Banned
I tried the zoo lock deck to see why it's so polarizing. Damn. That's the fastest deck I've seen for going from zero to death ball. Knife Juggler and a bunch of 1 cost minions really can mess someone up by around turn 5.

I tried the zoo lock deck to see why it's so polarizing. Damn. That's the fastest deck I've seen for going from zero to death ball. Knife Juggler and a bunch of 1 cost minions really can mess someone up by around turn 5.

Turn 1: Coin, Knife Juggler
Turn 2: Knife Juggler
Turn 3: 3 1-cost minions = gg

Dynamic3

As I'm thinking of upgrading my iPad 3, is there any UI scaling on the Mini version? I'm concerned about text size coming from a full-sized retina screen.

ShinNL

LOL @ people suddenly playing fast instead of letting the timer run out if you start doing it to them xD

I'm totally going to make this Hunter match the slowest ever for making me wait the first 2 turns.

Minsc

Gold Member
LOL @ people suddenly playing fast instead of letting the timer run out if you start doing it to them xD

I'm totally going to make this Hunter match the slowest ever for making me wait the first 2 turns.

My theory on this is sometimes they might be thinking through their plays on their turn taking a long time... then passing the turn to you, and you play your turn in 5 seconds. Then they have no chance to think through their next turn and start the process over. Once you start taking 60+ seconds, they can do all their thinking during your turn, and can play their turn really quick...

ShinNL

My theory on this is sometimes they might be thinking through their plays on their turn taking a long time... then passing the turn to you, and you play your turn in 5 seconds. Then they have no chance to think through their next turn and start the process over. Once you start taking 60+ seconds, they can do all their thinking during your turn, and can play their turn really quick...
Except it was turn 1 and turn 2, both with full plays and them sitting there with 0 mana left.

So yep, definitely have no doubts on counter trolling these kind of people. Still in the match, lol.

Got my RoS CE today, redeemed two have the card packs and got nothing. Keeping the third to do as a give away or something on my youtube channel or something. Probably should have done it with all three, but ahhh well.

I started playing this two days ago and it's cute, but the game needs to fucking stop asking me to quit if I leave it standby for 20 minutes.

ShinNL

3x Murloc at 3 HP because of that 2/3 that gives +2 HP.

Lightning storms hits for 2 + 2 + 2.

I instantly ragequitted. I had ways to deal with whatever isn't dead but all 3 alive? Fuck that.

sohois

3x Murloc at 3 HP because of that 2/3 that gives +2 HP.

Lightning storms hits for 2 + 2 + 2.

I instantly ragequitted. I had ways to deal with whatever isn't dead but all 3 alive? Fuck that.

Yesterday I had 2 games in a row where I played Mad Bomber. On both occasions, all 3 damage hit me in the face. Don't think it would have made any difference, but it sure did feel like the RNG was against me

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
firstpackegs7g.png

Just purchased a 40 pack

FIRST DECK

Legendary, epic and rare hovered over! LOL

-edit welp I'll take it.

-edit pack #35 another legendary... Mmm..

-edit Illidan AGAIN.. fuck. Welp 400 dust.

Pack #33 Molten Giant, woot!

Pack #20 Another legendary, same corner lol..

heueheuheuheuheuhe

ShinNL

Yesterday I had 2 games in a row where I played Mad Bomber. On both occasions, all 3 damage hit me in the face. Don't think it would have made any difference, but it sure did feel like the RNG was against me
I have the same bad luck with Mad Bomber. It's permanently banned from being included in my decks.

Brofist

Is ranking up harder or something now? I hit rank 14 last season now I am barely moving from 20/19.

It does seem that way, I'm around 14 moving up slowly, was 4 last season. Beginning of a new season is usually more competitive though.

Well, tried messing around with a Divine Shield / Blood Knight deck with a warrior. I don't think it could be good, but just like every other convoluted deck, it's really satisfying when everything works.

Haines

Banned
Hey guys I need to beat the expert ai. Any tips/decks?

I've hit 20. That gets me the new back at end of month right?

Frenden

Banned
I put an Abomination in my control Warrior deck towards the end of last season to combat the zoo/hunter aggro decks and it seemed to help a lot. I've seen a few streamers recently running shield masters. Are y'all running taunts in your control Warrior decks too?

I see folks saying that control warrior is a good foil for hunter, but, until I put in those taunts, I was having a hard time still. I wonder if my play is wrong against hunters? Hmm.

Brofist

In an arena game in 3 consecutive turns I had my Gurubashi Berserker countered by a Stampeding Kodo, Mountain Giant by a Big Game Hunter and a Sunwalker by a Black Knight.

Rage quit.

dorkimoe

Is this the dumbest game ever or am I doing something wrong. Trying to beat the last stage of the beginner thingy.

Oh look I'm going to play a sweet card who can hit hard!
Dead before I can even use it

I average 0 cards in play because as soon as I lay it the enemy just kills it. What's the damn point

scy

I see folks saying that control warrior is a good foil for hunter, but, until I put in those taunts, I was having a hard time still. I wonder if my play is wrong against hunters? Hmm.

The match-up is heavily in your favor You have all the small minions that give bonus value for killing their shitty X/1s in Armorsmith and Acolyte of Pain and your Hero Power trades with theirs for the entirety of the game. So it's basically about just stalling the game with a 1 minion board presence until you stick Ragnaros and win by passing the turn over and over. Just need to know how to outplay all their traps, really.

There's new variants that run Savannah Highmane, though, to basically just fuck the Control Warrior match-up though.

Haines

Banned
Is this the dumbest game ever or am I doing something wrong. Trying to beat the last stage of the beginner thingy.

I average 0 cards in play because as soon as I lay it the enemy just kills it. What's the damn point

Slow your play down and think. Should be easy.

Mordeccai

Every single card I lay gets killed instantly :(

Because he hits for 4. Or has the 5 missiles. Constant shit

You'll see yourself improve if you sit down and play a few matches against opponents, and take all the time you need to think out every play you can possibly make. It might frustrate you to get rocked a couple times. But eventually you realize what classes have what cards, and learn to bait out their removal cards.

Seems to me that's what your issue is, when you lay down a card and they use removal on it. Just part of the game and you have to play around it. Never just throw a minion on the board for no reason; you should be either establishing presence on the board, or baiting out their stronger spells. Quick example; you're playing versus a Mage or a Shaman. They have played none of their polymorphs or hexes and it's turn eight. If you drop a high health minion or your super awesome card that you think can really win you the game, you have no right to be upset at the game when they instantly turn it into a sheep. What do you expect? Give them a reason to feel threatened and use those cards BEFORE you start bringing out the big guns.

Just takes time.

Illidan is pretty crazy, but he's designed to play suboptimally to make the match winnable. A lot of minions he plays are really vulnerable to your hero power. If you find that your minions aren't sticking to the board because of his weapon, try playing them with a taunt. Overall it shouldn't be too difficult because the AI sorta sucks.

AaronB

A few things happened that seem unlikely the last few days:

I had three quests backed up, 60 gold each, win 5 games (6 different classes). I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and enter an Arena - none of the quest classes were offered.

I got a three-legendary Arena draft with Shaman - Pagle, Black Knight, and Gruul (other choices were worse). Also had 2 Fire Elementals, and felt very good about the draft. Went 2-3; only got to play Pagle once, and he drew 0 cards out of 4 chances. I'm not too bad at arena normally - often get 7+.

IllumiNate

You sound like the most annoying douchbag from your posts, I'd hate to play you.

I bought an iPad air to play Hearthstone (and some other stuff, but mostly HS), then made back the money in craps last night at AC. I guess karma from my lack of luck opening packs. Or so I like to think.

Game is awesome on iPad.

I just managed a three win streak in ranked to reach '20'. Does this mean at the end of the season I'll receive the Pandaria card back? Can I drop below rank 20 if I lose a match?

zoukka

Illidan is pretty crazy, but he's designed to play suboptimally to make the match winnable. A lot of minions he plays are really vulnerable to your hero power. If you find that your minions aren't sticking to the board because of his weapon, try playing them with a taunt. Overall it shouldn't be too difficult because the AI sorta sucks.

Yeah when the match began and I looked at Illidans hero power, I just said to myself that nobody can beat this hero. But they made his ai super bad so even with a broken hero power you can finish him off easy.

Lyng

I bought an iPad air to play Hearthstone (and some other stuff, but mostly HS), then made back the money in craps last night at AC. I guess karma from my lack of luck opening packs. Or so I like to think.

Game is awesome on iPad.

Yup. I am playing on my Air aswell. I almost only want to play on that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom