• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Goddamn

Rapstah

Mal'ganis uses Varimathras' TCG art for his card, but apparently Varimathras also appears in the background of the original of Sylvanas' current art:

If they brighten that up a little it could look pretty cool for a Varimathras card. I like how Dreadlords look in general. Maybe for the next expansion.

I got my second legendary! Not a gold one this time, but I can't complain. I'll probably break it down, it's too situational. Would be a great early play, but if you get it mid-late game it could really backfire

dXDaY4l.png

just don't use it against a mage after turn 7

Tacitus_

What's the point of a cards like that if it benefits the other player?

They get more power. Millhouse is a 4/4 for 2, where the best you'd get is a 2/3 or 3/2. Then there's the 2/8 taunt for 3 Deathlord that summons a minion for your opponent from his deck when it dies. Absolutely disgusting stats for its cost but if you clear it and it summons one of your lategame cards...

Rapstah

What's the point of a cards like that if it benefits the other player?

You could combo it with Counterspell, Spellbender or Lorewalker Cho (or other secrets to pretend like you have Counterspell or Spellbender) to burn your opponent's good spells. No one does this, though.

Xanathus

Alright, I'm giving away my 10 dollar winnings from Fixed1979's Hearthstone tourney to ONE person who has posted at least once in the last Hearthstone thread. All you have to do is make an original picture of a fake Hearthstone card that could be believably coming out in the upcoming Hearthstone expansion Blackrock Mountain. Feel free to use any tool you want to make the picture, Paint even works as I consider how believable the card is to be worth 50% of the value.

Remember, only people who have posted in the previous thread are eligible for this contest. You can see if you have posted before here. I'll have Fixed1979 transfer the money to the winner's Paypal account directly because transferring it through mine will incur Paypal fees.

Entries will be accepted until:
t1426924800z4.png

G.ZZZ

I wonder at what stats Milhouse would actually start seeing play. 5/5? 6/6? Downside isn't worth it at the moment.

It just need to say "next spell" instead and he'd be borderline in some decks like Mukla. I don't like increasing stats because of how stupid is to have him pop out from Shredders already.

CoolOff

Security Alert: A schizophrenic man-child has escaped from one of our mental facilities in Sweden. His alter ego is Sir Kristjan. He believes he is a knight and can be found playing card games online. Please message me with his location if you have seen him. Thank you.

Twitch-chat sometimes... :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
seriously, who is Sirkristian talking to?

It's a joke card

The only time I think it'd be a good card would be against something like Zoo / Face Hunter since they're mostly minions but even then they also run burn spells too. That being said, even if there was a deck Millhouse 'beat,' you'd pretty much just lose to any other deck also on the ladder.

That being said, you could combo him with Loatheb. Millhouse/Loatheb for a 5/5 and a 4/4 on turn seven and all spells cost five. Not terrible but just don't play them in the opposite order!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You don't think out loud your plays? I tend to mutter to myself while playing anything.
He's not muttering. It could be Amaz turn and he would still talk constantly with himself. He's clearly not 'muttering numbers'. He's also constantly shaking his head and lifting his eyebrows as he's talking.

Tacitus_

He's not muttering. It could be Amaz turn and he would still talk constantly with himself. He's clearly not 'muttering numbers'. He's also constantly shaking his head and lifting his eyebrows as he's talking.

Could be nerves. Dude is freaking out just waiting for the game to start.

ViviOggi

"He's a free-to-play player, he probably doesn't even have Alexstrasza!"
"We've established he likely won't be playing Freeze Mage for lack of Alexstrasza!"
"As a free-to-play player he'll have to resort to aggro lists!"

*entire deck is golden*

Aylinato

"He's a free-to-play player, he probably doesn't even have Alexstrasza!"
"We've established he likely won't be playing Freeze Mage for lack of Alexstrasza!"
"As a free-to-play player he'll have to resort to aggro lists!"

*entire deck is golden*

Just be really good at arena and eventually you'll have enough dust to get all gold

I'm surprised gnmish gets to cast everything even though apparently everyone hates his casting

I guess there's a shortage of quality casters for Hearthstone, even though it can field the GOAT casting team of Artosis/Frodan/Broder

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
4Kf0ZeP.jpg

Thanks Blizzard! Man i can't believe i only got that quest until now, i guess i suck :/ I'm gonna have to check but i think that's the last of the win x number of games quest, i wish there was another one.

ViviOggi

*Inderen plays Sylvanas*

"A lot of answers in Orange's hand"

(there's actually not a single answer
unless you count Boom
)

Mazre

hcZEWcK.jpg

Not pictured: Flamestrike x 4, Force Tank Max

11-3, utter defeat. 12 wins continues to elude me. Zombie Chow put in serious work. Managed to play a game or two without seeing a flamestrike (these were just quick wins with strong early board). Took several games to fatigue. Top play was using coin at full mana to clear counterspell before flamestrike to sweep board. Ended up with a bunch of gold and nothing notable from the pack.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I find it amusing that some people in this thread are borderline hostile towards me because of my experience when similar things have been reported in both threads now, and likewise strange bugs have been documented in streams by pro players. Way to go GAF, I'm so proud to be a member of this wonderful community. Seriously people, get over it.

While you shouldn't be assumptively hostile in return, I understand the frustration. It's aggravating to not be believed.

I had a super weird bug hit me last night. Playing as a warrior, a few turns into the game and the opponent has a few minions down. All I can do is armor up. The shield doesn't appear. No armor applied.

Then, suddenly, I completely stop taking damage. 19 health, multiple hits to face over two turns, and my health stays stuck at 19. I'm getting hit but damage isn't registering. Next turn it resumes accumulating in the middle of that turn!

Never saw anything like it before. (I won, but felt bad. Don't want to win unfairly.)

Majine

Banned
I love the game and all, but seeing it in e-sports context is silly. I have no doubt that the people who are at the top of the ranks and perform good are as good as it would imply, and the more time you invest in the game the less RNG is going to affect you.

But, watching these tournaments where players win or lose games based on a single card draw is just stupid.

Raxus

I love the game and all, but seeing it in e-sports context is silly. I have no doubt that the people who are at the top of the ranks and perform good are as good as it would imply, and the more time you invest in the game the less RNG is going to affect you.

But, watching these tournaments where players win or lose games based on a single card draw is just stupid.

Seeing how that is inherently every card game ever I think the tourney scene may not be for you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom