• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which card is that? You mean the 3 mana explosive shot?

11856527_966931316682970_7718714236047544545_o.jpg

gutshot

Outside of those new Legendaries, Hunter didn't get many slower control cards to make that type of deck work.

So Midrange Hunter is still going to be the king. Also they didn't really add any strong beasts to the set (that weren't Druid exclusive) to make Beast Hunter a thing.

I think there are way too many hard aggro counters to make Face Hunter top tier now. Still strong to climb Ladder but even right now I don't think Face Hunter is all that since Grim Patron exists.

King's Elekk, Bear Trap, and Ram Wrangler all seem pretty good for Beast Hunter.

So Shaman are getting a Legendary that buffs all your minions, an awesome heal, and a massive (but really expensive overload-wise) board clear? The times... they are ah changin'.

Dahbomb

Oh I didn't see that card for whatever reason.

Yeah that's a pretty solid card.

I think more than anything Hunter needed some heal and draw type cards to make a slow control type deck work. They got that 2 drop but it's not enough draw.

V-Faction

I've only been reading the cards being dumped here -- was there a card with Hero Power trigger via Battlecry, Deathrattle, etc.?

So Shaman are getting a Legendary that buffs all your minions, an awesome heal, and a massive (but really expensive overload-wise) board clear? The times... they are ah changin'.

Shaman basically got

[Totem Card]
[Totem Card]
[Totem Card]
[Totem Card]
[Weapon]
[Heal]
[AoE]
[Card Draw]
[Buff]

They're all pretty boring from a 'cool' standpoint, but those are some workhorse cards that'll fill in gaps where it was needed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: seriously not worth it. I apologize.

They also got Totem Golem and Tuskarr Totemic. Shaman got a bunch to work with

Salty about Patron warrior post

༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽

CoolOff

I'm just sad for Rogue. I was really hoping for a tempo or control build to get something great.

Edit: Forgot about the Nerubian-thing. I like that.

I've only been reading the cards being dumped here -- was there a card with Hero Power trigger via Battlecry, Deathrattle, etc.?
The closest thing to that is Fencing Coach. Sets the next use of your Hero Power to be 2 less. Good for setting up Inspire Combos. It's a 3 Mana 2/2 though, so you do set yourself behind.

Dahbomb

Priest and Rogue seem like classes that they don't know what to do with
Well they are clearly pushing the Pirate tribe on Rogue.

With Priest they want to push the "low attack, high health heal" deck type on them that you buff them up with Divine Spirit/Innerfire/Confuse for fast kills. They are also pushing the Shadowform Priest deck to synergize with the Inspire mechanic (hence their Legendary which is an Inspire minion).

All of these are very iffy though of course.

swap belchers for those and his dragon mage deck suddenly get 2x better. There are a lot times he couldn't play corruptors because he had no dragons. His deck will be really good with these.

Personally i would probadly swap out my 2 twilight drake's from my Dragon Mage. Belcher is still a really sticky minion and harder to deal with.

Dahbomb

Before today: TGT is Mediocre!
Today: THE POWER CREEP IS REAL
Most of the cards aren't actual power creep. There are only like a couple that are just so blatant that it's parody worthy, almost like a joke they threw them in there.

Right now TGT doesn't seem like a significant power creep overall. At least not as much as GvG was.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love that 4 mana 5-4 inspire +2 attack card for druids

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Most of the cards aren't actual power creep. There are only like a couple that are just so blatant that it's parody worthy, almost like a joke they threw them in there.

Right now TGT doesn't seem like a significant power creep overall. At least not as much as GvG was.

Ice Rager is acceptable because Magma Rager should have been a 5/2 anyway.

That Booty Bay thing is kind of crazy though.

Dahbomb

Man this really puts into perspective how bad Booty Bay is. Like I wouldn't even play a Booty Bay even if it costed a whole mana less!

Good enough for arena though for sure.

Yoshichan

Chillmaw should've been Sindragosa!

Opiate

I do want to say that while I agree that inspire is currently mediocre, I think people are underestimating it because its compounding effects are hard to calculate. If I have a "hero power" themed Warrior deck, then something like playing Trueheart in to later playing Nexus Champion Saraad in to Orgrimmar Aspirant and then hero powering gets me:

1 Random spell
+1 attack on my Fiery War Axe or Death's Bite or whatever
A 4/5 minion on board that must be killed
A 3/3 minion that must be killed
4 armor

That's very strong, and not some ideal circumstance where everything lines up right. If you want to consider that, then imagine Nexus Champion and Garrison Commander living a turn then playing Orgrimmar Aspirant and Silver Hand Regent and double hero powering for 2x random spells and 2x 1/1s and +2 attack on your weapon and 8 armor.

The point is, these inspire effects stack up in value very quickly, and don't require all of them on board in some ideal circumstance. Even having 2 on board for a single turn is very bad for your opponent, and very, very bad if they last any longer than that.

Szadek

Rogue got Undercity Valiant,but that's really about it.
I like beneath the grounds,but it's just too slow.

Guess I have to keep playing Oil Rogue.

As for inspire cards, Saraad is the best on,because he his effect is a bit like drawing a card, but even he might be to bad to be played.

I'm really happy with the dragon support,but murlcos and pirats got terrible cards.
I thought the would get some kind of muster for battle card,because that's the only way Kraag would be playable,but apperently that's not the case.
At last we are getting close to a druid beast deck.I don't think we are quite there yet, though.

Maybe people say priest got the worst cards,but they got a few cool cards.They really loser is warrior,because only the legendary is great.

Opiate

Pirate already has its linchpin card, and that is Ship's Cannon. The only reason why Ship's Cannon seems dinky right now is nobody plays pirates and even if they do there aren't enough pirates to draw them reliably. The current rogue pirate deck plays about 6 pirates, but the post TGT Pirate Rogue deck may play 10 pirates, which is a very significant boost to ship's cannon.

I think Rogue pirates are at the very least on the edge of viability now. As in, it isn't a joke deck.

Pooya

so hunter legs. I get that the idea is to play them in pair on turn 10 and they clear the board and they survive. They can't clear board of patron of course. I feel Dreadscale is the interesting one on its own. It's like a mini Baron Geddon, it seems like it could really help hunter in paladin match ups. It's actually a good anti aggro card for hunter lol. Maybe one hunter legendary sees some play at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom