• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

iirate

I do want to say that while I agree that inspire is currently mediocre, I think people are underestimating it because its compounding effects are hard to calculate. If I have a "hero power" themed Warrior deck, then something like playing Trueheart in to later playing Nexus Champion Sherad in to Orgrimmar Aspirant and then hero powering gets me:

1 Random spell
+1 attack on my Fiery War Axe or Death's Bite or whatever
A 4/5 minion on board that must be killed
A 3/3 minion that must be killed
4 armor

That's very strong, and not some ideal circumstance where everything lines up right. If you want to consider that, then imagine Nexus Champion and Garrison Commander living a turn then playing Orgrimmar Aspirant and Silver Hand Regent and double hero powering for 2x random spells and 2x 1/1s and +2 attack on your weapon and 8 armor.

The point is, these inspire effects stack up in value very quickly, and don't require all of them on board in some ideal circumstance. Even having 2 on board for a single turn is very bad for your opponent, and very, very bad if they last any longer than that.

I agree, except I'm not even sure it's currently mediocre. Evaluating new cards is very, very difficult, and even pros are often not particularly good at it. I see a lot of people reducing individual inspire to something that costs 2 more and gets 1 activation. It most certainly won't come down to that - the question will be if what it does come to will be good or not. Regardless, I think it's a deceptively difficult ability to appraise.

Dr. Boom was flying under a lot of radars until GvG came out.

so hunter legs. I get that the idea is to play them in pair on turn 10 and they clear the board and they survive. They can't clear board of patron of course. I feel Dreadscale is the interesting one on its own. It's like a mini Baron Geddon, it seems like it could really help hunter in paladin match ups. It's actually a good anti aggro card for hunter lol. Maybe one hunter legendary sees some play at last.

Acidmaw should have had better stats in my opinion. I don't think the effect is so ridiculously strong that it couldn't have been a 5/5 or something.

It will be interesting to see if Dreadscale finds a niche though.

cHinzo

834501af58.jpg

So... 400 dust or does any deck uses it?

Xanathus

Waiting for Reynad's analysis, but my prediction is that the top tier meta is not going to shift even a little bit except for Druid's swapping out cards. Token Druid *might* be a thing as a 2nd tier deck since it got some good cards that fit in it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I would hold on to any halfway decent legendaries you don't already have. Getting those is tough and you don't know if the meta will change to justify him.

Opiate

So... 400 dust or does any deck uses it?

Keep him. He's not in any current Rogue deck, but it is not because he's a bad card. He's a very good card that just doesn't have a deck right now. He may when TGT releases, or when the next adventure releases, or what have you, and if he does he'll be the linchpin of that deck.

cHinzo

I would not dust Gallywix. Card will probably be an auto include if midrange or control Rogue ever catch on.

I would hold on to any halfway decent legendaries you don't already have. Getting those is tough and you don't know if the meta will change to justify him.

Not right now,but the next expansion is coming soon.
Safe it for now,just in case.

Keep him. He's not in any current Rogue deck, but it is not because he's a bad card. He's a very good card that just doesn't have a deck right now. He may when TGT releases, or when the next adventure releases, or what have you, and if he does he'll be the linchpin of that deck.
Gallywix is an amazing card...stuck in Rogue, which has no use. However someday a deck will come along that uses him, and it will probably be great. His stats alone are pretty insane.

Unless you need Dust I would keep
I never dust a card if its not a dupe or a gold one, you never know when it becomes viable.

Thanks guys for the advice guys. Didn't notice he was a Rogue class legendary lol. Kinda sad it's not a neutral card. It has pretty good stats for a 6 drop and an interesting text. Will keep him for now!

manfestival

I played a fel reaver and dude was so interested in making me lose all my cards he lost all of his life and lost. Is this common? I think its hilarious

ZealousD

Beast= 4 stats. lol

Well Silverback Patriarch is 3 mana. So more like "2" stats.

But my point is that Silverback Patriarch should probably be a 2/4 and Evil Heckler should probably be a 4/4. If Evil Heckler were a 4/4 it would be underwhelming but fair and not really power creep. But at 5/4 it feels like it crossed a threshold in the evaluation formula that shouldn't have been crossed.

Silverback Patriarch feels like it came from an era where they deliberately wanted the odd mana cards to be slightly underpowered.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Was watching Trump's Card Review: All cards are bad.
Im watching Kibler's Review now, he is a bit more optimistic than the mayor of Value Town.

Alrus

Well Silverback Patriarch is 3 mana. So more like "2" stats.

But my point is that Silverback Patriarch should probably be a 2/4 and Evil Heckler should probably be a 4/4. If Evil Heckler were a 4/4 it would be underwhelming but fair and not really power creep. But at 5/4 it feels like it crossed a threshold in the evaluation formula that shouldn't have been crossed.

Silverback Patriarch feels like it came from an era where they deliberately wanted the odd mana cards to be slightly underpowered.

Why are people comparing Evil Heckler to Silverback instead of Booty Bay Bodyguard? Evil Heckler is pretty much the same card but one mana cheaper...

iirate

Was watching Trump's Card Review: All cards are bad.
Im watching Kibler's Review now, he is a bit more optimistic than the mayor of Value Town.

I give Trump more credit these days than I used to, and he's certainly a good player, but I think he's utterly uncreative and lives by fundamentals. Once again, he's not bad, but I don't put a lot of stock in his card evaluations.

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd listen to Kibler either. I think StrifeCro is creative and thoughtful enough to give cards a fair shake and like listening to him. As I said before though, evaluating cards is hard even for pros, so I don't expect anyone to be 100% correct on this.

ZealousD

Why are people comparing Evil Heckler to Silverback instead of Booty Bay Bodyguard?

People already compared it to BBB. Now I'm comparing it to Silverback.

BBB should probably be a 5/5 as well.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The mayor of Dr Boom is a bad card and will not see play or Hunter is dead.

I give Trump more credit these days than I used to, and he's certainly a good player, but I think he's utterly uncreative and lives by fundamentals. Once again, he's not bad, but I don't put a lot of stock in his card evaluations.

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd listen to Kibler either. I think StrifeCro is creative and thoughtful enough to give cards a fair shake and like listening to him. As I said before though, evaluating cards is hard even for pros, so I don't expect anyone to be 100% correct on this.

Yeah, it's impossible to get a card 100% right the very first day is shown.
But Trump is like super negative while Kibler tries to think on new Decks on which those cards could be used.

Alrus

So many expensive 4 health minions that won't see play because shredder is a thing :/

People already compared it to BBB. Now I'm comparing it to Silverback.

BBB should probably be a 5/5 as well.

Sorry I missed that. Yeah they should tune BBB if they're going to add an exact copy but cheaper :/

Dahbomb

So when are we going to have that NeoGAF skype card review session?

I want someone to keep a track of predictions so we can blow up each other after a month to see who got what wrong/right.

ZealousD

The guy has certain decks he can't pilot very well. They call him the mayor of Value Town because Value is primarily what he understands. I feel like he has more trouble with other concepts than he should as a pro streamer. Like the dude wants to put 2x Zombie Chow in every deck. Even in control decks you have to consider how Zombie Chow can put your opponent out of reach of lethal in the late game.

iirate

Yeah, it's impossible to get a card 100% right the very first day is shown.
But Trump is like super negative while Kibler tries to think on new Decks on which those cards could be used.

I hope it didn't sound like I'm bashing Kibler. I watch his stream occasionally and like him, and I have a lot of respect for him because of his history with Magic and as a game designer. I haven't ever listened to any of his card evaluations, but it doesn't surprise me that he approaches new cards thoughtfully.

The guy has certain decks he can't pilot very well. They call him the mayor of Value Town because Value is primarily what he understands. I feel like he has more trouble with other concepts than he should as a pro streamer. Like the dude wants to put 2x Zombie Chow in every deck. Even in control decks you have to consider how Zombie Chow can put your opponent out of reach of lethal in the late game.

I don't want to bash Trump too much because I'm not playing on his level, but he doesn't impress me compared to most other competitive players.

Alrus

I don't understand what Void Crusher is supposed to be for. It seems absolutely terrible. The potential for catastrophic things is too big.

I played a fel reaver and dude was so interested in making me lose all my cards he lost all of his life and lost. Is this common? I think its hilarious

It is. Fel Reaver isn't too bad in certain situation. It's actually a pretty strong arena card.

ZealousD

Can I just say that Bear Trap is another fucking piece of shit hunter secret that I don't want to deal with popping out of Mad Scientist?

inky

I don't want to bash Trump too much because I'm not playing on his level, but he doesn't impress me compared to most other competitive players.

Don't worry, you can safely bash people even if you don't play at their level. For example, did you watch Rooney play today? Fucking hell! :p

Dahbomb

Can I just say that Bear Trap is another fucking piece of shit hunter secret that I don't want to deal with popping out of Mad Scientist?
Way ahead of you on that.

Is Dreadscale finally the Gahz'rilla activator I've been looking for!?
Hunter already had Steamweedle and Arcane Shot plus Wild Pyromancers to activate Gazrilla. There's in fact a Gazrilla based Hunter list out there, it's just not as good as Midrange or Face Hunter (or "Hybrid" Hunter).

Caja 117

Finally tried yesterday, after hearing so much about it, and playing Gwent on Witcher 3 left me with a need to have a Cards video game, so far its been very fun.

um guys, Magic prints dozens of 'strictly better' cards like every set. Often in the SAME set- with the better one at higher rarity.

These two were printed in the same set.

uncommon
29.jpg

mythic rare
4.jpg

uncommon
42.jpg

rare
50.jpg

common
195.jpg

rare
172.jpg

Hearthstone has actually been very good so far about not printing strictly better cards, especially at higher rarities. The only really bad example is Dr. Boom vs. War Golem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom