• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

So how long until we are going to get a card that is a 7/8 for 7 mana to replace War Golem?

Warrior 100% still trash and the worst class in Arena.

Pooya

I like Polymorph boar, for some token mage it's really interesting. You can cast it on mirror image for example and it will be surprise hit.

inky

So that's why they don't change existing cards. They "fix" them and call it a new card to pad expansions.
TBF I can see an Ice Elemental vs Fire Elemental thing going on in the future. They'll just upgrade tags at that point and maybe it'll matter.

Dahbomb

Are you guys really complaning about blizzard making better versions of unplayable cards?
Why not just buff those cards instead?

Like they should've just buffed Magma Rager to 5/2 instead.

This entirely shits on Brode's previous defense of buffing old cards. Yeah they buffed Magma Rager alright... BY MAKING A BETTER MAGMA RAGER LOLOLOLOLOL!

ViviOggi

11822514_966931126682989_1771330716363216601_n.jpg

Dahbomb

Nah guys it's really hard to test out Magma Rager in a field with a new statline.

Old players will get confused when they go back to play Magma Rager and it's a 5/2. It might really upset the balance and meta of the game as well.

I MEAN WOAH... having 4 5/2 in your deck could be GAME BREAKING!

inky

Are you guys really complaning about blizzard making better versions of unplayable cards?

When their approach is to make new cards instead of fixing existing ones, yes, absolutely. Every expansion essentially makes your pack pulls worse and the new cards end up taking spots from a new limited card set that could see new, different cards.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I see they listened to feedback and gave more dragon taunters.

Also, I can't really think of a realistic scenario where this isn't significantly better than Goldshire Footman:

11222888_966900196686082_7526982469966219696_n.jpg

Dahbomb

It's one thing to make sidegrades to bad cards but it's another thing to make OBJECTIVELY better cards than existing cards.

Mechanical Yeti from Yeti was already really pushing it but this is just over the top and gross.

CoolOff

When their approach is to make new cards instead of fixing existing ones, yes, absolutely. Every expansion essentially makes your pack pulls worse and the new cards end up taking spots from a new limited card set that could see new, different cards.

Not buffing the old cards is an issue because you still pull that trash from decks.

But Booty Bay and Magma Rager are not in packs?

Santiako

It's one thing to make sidegrades to bad cards but it's another thing to make OBJECTIVELY better cards than existing cards.

Mechanical Yeti from Yeti was already really pushing it but this is just over the top and gross.

As the card pool grows, it's inevitable for this to happen.

inky

But Booty Bay and Magma Rager are not in packs?

I mean in the sense of the new packs, obviously.

I'll be opening Tournament packs this month, and "essentially" will be getting Magma Ragers out of them, a card that already exists in the game. Nothing stops them from doing it to old pack pulled cards in the future either.

Booty Bay and Rager kinda make sense cuz those are both 100% free cards you get automatically when you sign up for Hearthstone. You can't get them in packs. If they only make objectively better versions of the free starter cards, its not really an issue.

iirate

Mech Yeti is an interesting update/iteration, that is often worse than the regular Yeti in arena.

Personally, I think Blizzard's justification for printing bad cards is mostly valid(even if they have other incentives to do so). I don't mind strictly better updates, either.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So they seem to want a taunt warrior between this and the "give all your taunters +2/+2" card:

11060170_966900006686101_2284614544394425057_n.jpg

Also if you thought Muster for Battle was painful before:

11873636_966899360019499_7464212366124103742_n.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So... Warrior is getting 2 new archetypes.

Control Warrior
Patron Warrior
Dragon Warrior
Taunt Warrior

Eat your fucking heart out Warlock.

As for Rogue...

Oil
Mill
Pirate/Aggro

I doubt those last two will be competitive but it'll be better than Mechrogue for sure.

Dahbomb

As the card pool grows, it's inevitable for this to happen.
No it's not inevitable that this was going to happen, it's all up to Blizzard on how they design and tweak existing cards. This is 100% Blizzard doing it and not something that was a foregone conclusion.

Frost Rager could've been a 1/5. It would've been a "side grade" to a bade card. That other card could've been a 4/5 Taunt.

But no... they made STRICTLY AND OBJECTIVELY better cards than existing cards. There's no getting around it. This isn't like making a Spider Tank after having Ironfur Grizzly, you can at least compare the two cards (getting one extra stat point for taunt so it's a side grade).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Patron will adapt, as Miracle once did. It's not dying until they target it with a nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom