• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

So beneath the grounds is interesting. It can obviously fit in a mill deck -- which creep ever closer to viability with each new card -- but I really feel that control rogue is getting notably closer to viability.

It's really hard to do, though, just because their hero power requires them to take damage. I think all the pieces are there except Rogues need a way to heal.

ViviOggi

But no... they made STRICTLY AND OBJECTIVELY better cards than existing cards. There's no getting around it. This isn't like making a Spider Tank after having Ironfur Grizzly, you can at least compare the two cards (getting one extra stat point for taunt so it's a side grade).

Also the easiest excuse: tribes. These new cards have none, just like their predecessors.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So... Warrior is getting 2 new archetypes.

Control Warrior
Patron Warrior
Dragon Warrior
Taunt Warrior

Eat your fucking heart out Warlock.

As for Rogue...

Oil
Mill
Pirate/Aggro

I doubt those last two will be competitive but it'll be better than Mechrogue for sure.
The others they seem to be trying to enable (we'll see if they work):

Beast Druid
Beast Hunter
Secret Paladin (...seemingly with Murlocs as well?)
Spell Damage Mage
Shadow Priest
Totem Shaman
Discard Warlock

Am I missing any?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There is still time for the nerf.
They're not going to nerf it at the same time a new expac comes out. At least, it'd be a waste of time since the meta will shift and all their testing (lol, testing) will be useless in two weeks.

V-Faction

Beneath the Ground is something I've been waiting for. I've wanted MORE cards like Iron Juggernaut that place bad cards into your opponent's decks and activate upon being drawn. That is such a cool mechanic.

It might even work well for a supposed new class. Hint Hint, Blizz.

Hektor

Some of those carda are really cool conceptually.
I really like those hunter legendarys and that ambush card.

I dont really mind the power creep if it only happens to hit the worst cards in the game.

August 25 bruh

I mean we have the whole set now so it COULD be next week but eh

Is that really the entire set already?

They're not going to nerf it at the same time a new expac comes out. At least, it'd be a waste of time since the meta will shift and all their testing (lol, testing) will be useless in two weeks.
I was thinking about that. Didn't Auctioneer get nerf'd right as GvG released? Different scenario and all that, but it does set a precedent.

Pooya

So beneath the grounds is interesting. It can obviously fit in a mill deck -- which creep ever closer to viability with each new card -- but I really feel that control rogue is getting notably closer to viability.

It's really hard to do, though, just because their hero power requires them to take damage. I think all the pieces are there except Rogues need a way to heal.

Bolf is there for weapon trading pretty much, it's not really good for anti aggro from where I see it. If you survive the early game with backstabs and SI7s, it could carry you mid to late game.

Haly

Discard Warlock
I don't think Warlock is going to develop a Discard-based archetype yet. It'll just be integrated into existing Zoo shells.
I was thinking about that. Didn't Auctioneer get nerf'd right as GvG released? Different scenario and all that, but it does set a precedent.

They waited through all of Naxx before going through with it, so I feel like that's a mitigating factor?

Szadek

Finally,a good 2 drop for priests.That's excatly waht they need.
Together with the other the new cards, dragon priest might be viable.Awesome.
11873479_966946800014755_3257192839662563142_n.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think Warlock is going to develop a Discard-based archetype yet. It'll just be integrated into existing Zoo shells.
There's plausibly too few, yes.

I guess you could try to combine it with the destruction cards and then use the value discard cards like Doomguard, Soulfire, and Succubus, but I'm not sure it fits together that way either.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

That's pretty much what they've done in the past as far as I understand.

mxgt

Banned
Kinda sad that Blizzard has to bring in mad scientist on steroids to even make Paladin secrets (potentially) relevant.

Haly

There's plausibly too few, yes.

I guess you could try to combine it with the destruction cards and then use the value discard cards like Doomguard, Soulfire, and Succubus, but I'm not sure it fits together that way either.
Malylock might use Soulfire/Fist as its finisher, so there's that.

I think that's what, 16 damage from the hand?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the power creep is ridiculous

Opiate

I am really hoping that fatigue becomes an increasingly serious concern and people need to actually consider how much value they'll get from their cards before playing them. I don't mean every game should go to fatigue, mind you, just that right now most decks virtually never think about using their cards efficiently because they have 30 cards of which they'll only ever see 10-20.

Dahbomb

I think that's all the cards right?

I guess now's the time to start making proper predictions.

Right off the bat I am going to say that Inspire mechanic isn't going to be all that.

Pooya

Now that we have all the cards, I think inspire deck can become a deck type for paladin, others don't seem as viable.

Dragons should be very playable now, all it took was adding two more with taunt. Dragon mage, warrior, paladin and priest all seem viable to me. Probably paladin will be the best because of consort but mage has ice block and can do some interesting plays. Warrior is similar. Priest I think they have more interesting things to play now, so people won't bother with dragons any time soon.

Hunter, I don't think it will change much from now, same for warlock. Rogue, I have no idea, people have to figure something out with these new cards, I can't say.

Shaman will be stronger than before, I'm not sure how much stronger but definitely better. Pretty good so far.

Neutral legendary cards, there is no probable Dr. Boom insight. Not even close but I really like Chillmaw and will get it. The rest, Justicar could be interesting and those 3 drops are possibly good, the rest seem like filler to me, nothing must have here which is fine.

Class legs, I feel Shaman and Druid both got the best deals followed by warrior, everyone else's is not very playable.

Haly

There will be a few Inspire cards that see play, and other cards that manipulate Hero Power.

But inspire.dec will not be a thing anytime soon.

They're all good for Arena though.

If you can't silence bolf:

Play Bolf
Divine Spirit
Divine Spirit

Congratulations, you now have 66 HP as a priest.

I would just win on the spot with Inner Fire tbh. Kolento once slapped together a "Miracle Priest" with Inner-Divine and Gadgetzan Auctioneer on a whim and, while it wasn't very good, it's a blast to watch and play. With a card like Bolf running around it might actually be viable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think that's all the cards right?

I guess now's the time to start making proper predictions.

Right off the bat I am going to say that Inspire mechanic isn't going to be all that.

They'll improve upon the Inspite Mechanic next expansion

Just like they almost seemed to have fixed dragons this expansion

Magnus

I can't wait to see how some of these cards combine in unforeseen ways. Gonna be ridicks.

If you can somehow get control of the minion that lets you fire off your hero power once per turn and/or reduces its cost to 1, and get that Priest legendary out.....lol

Dahbomb

Outside of those new Legendaries, Hunter didn't get many slower control cards to make that type of deck work.

So Midrange Hunter is still going to be the king. Also they didn't really add any strong beasts to the set (that weren't Druid exclusive) to make Beast Hunter a thing.

I think there are way too many hard aggro counters to make Face Hunter top tier now. Still strong to climb Ladder but even right now I don't think Face Hunter is all that since Grim Patron exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom