• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avowed Previews (Gamescom '24) - Approaching Missions in Completely Different Ways & Possible Ending Combinations

Life Diff

Doesn't look very good, made even worse with the shitty capture/compression.

This looks super cool. Excited to give it a spin.

welcome origin GIF

Ozriel

M$FT
Lots of Xbox games of the last years were shrinked down. Halo, Forza, Starfield, Hellblade and so on. Combined with awful management and design decisions it’s the real fuel of the brand decline and they arent even aware of it. I’m pretty sure that Indiana Jones will be good but I expect a “short” adventure and this will lead the perception.

They can’t escape this trap anymore as money is now burned for the worst acquisition in gaming history. It will take a while before they make a turnaround and it wont happen with Nadella. Funny how Sony studios are imploding and unable to fill this power gap beside their PlayStation brand value.

Two corporates with bunch of talented people under contract and paralized by few dump decision makers.

Too bad for your uninformed hypothesis that MachineGames is already confirming that Indiana Jones is set to be the biggest game they’ve ever made, and even the main quest is supposedly quite meaty

As part of a preview for Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, game director Jerk Gustafsson and creative director Axel Torvanius explained that the game is going be fairly big. While the duo eschewed providing an explicit range of playable hours to expect, they both stated that it will be the biggest game MachineGames has ever built, with Gustafsson noting that would be true even if players stuck to just the main path.

Obsidian rescoped Avowed well before the Activision buyout happened. Not everything has to be a 100 hour epic.

Yeah, something just seems off. Plus I wasn’t a fan of Outer Worlds. I did enjoy Pillars of Eternity 2 quite a bit, but this ain’t it.
Is combat good in POE2?

Never played it cause didn’t enjoy part 1.

Felt like boring version of infinity engine games combat.

StereoVsn

Is combat good in POE2?

Never played it cause didn’t enjoy part 1.

Felt like boring version of infinity engine games combat.
Yes, POE2 was much much better vs POE1. The first game just bored me.

The second one made great improvements to armor system, itemization, combat flow and was a ton more fun. While the main story was a bit mid, the side content was simply excellent.

And the setting itself was great as well. It’s probably my 3rd favorite CRPG in recent years behind Pathfinder WotR and BG3. I would say it’s on par with D:OS2 if not better for me.

Ozriel

M$FT
IGN Preview…they loved what they played.
Praise for the revamped combat too.

adamsapple adamsapple add to OP. Well probably get more previews since the press is getting hands on at Gamescom.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
IGN Preview…they loved what they played.
Praise for the revamped combat too.

adamsapple adamsapple add to OP. Well probably get more previews since the press is getting hands on at Gamescom.

Avowed had made its impression. My doubts about it have faded away, and I’m left excited for its release in February. This small slice Obsidian gave us the opportunity to play was a treat, and while it’s a tiny glimpse, our 50-minute demo session flew by in the blink of an eye. And that’s always a good sign.

Sounds great.

Top Bottom