• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Generally, it's not worth it to craft commons or rares as you'll get them fairly easily over time.

Having said that, I've been playing for months and still have no Knife Jugglers, Defenders of Argus, Keepers of the Grove, and only one Earthen Farseer.

You just gotta ask yourself one question....do I feel lucky?
Well, do ya, punk?

BashNasty

I'm actually really happy that this is most likely coming the 25th rather than the 18th. I'm going to be at a cabin in northern Minnesota for that entire week with four other guys and we all play a lot of hearthstone. Mornings are generally for recovery from all the wakeboarding/swimming/biking/drinking/smoking/boating from the previous day, so we'll all roll out of bed and have a huge pack opening party along with our breakfast beers.

It's gonna be fantastic.

Having said that, I've been playing for months and still have no Knife Jugglers, Defenders of Argus, Keepers of the Grove, and only one Earthen Farseer.

You just gotta ask yourself one question....do I feel lucky?
Well, do ya, punk?

I crafted juggler and defender of argus and I just started. For like very few dust I was able to put a very competitive deck together. Well worth it man. I still don't have enough gold for the expansion solo stuff cause I keep doing arena. :p

georly

Can't wait to turn 1 prep ambush prep ambush
turn 2 have 6 4/4s on the board, enemy concedes.

It's weird that ambush isn't like cold blood + stealth, and just summons a spider, but whatever.

Minsc

Gold Member
I just hit reddit and the first card is a shaman board clear with 5 overload. Holy shat.

It just occurred to me that it isn't nearly half as bad if you play it on turn 5+ along with lava shock to unlock all the overload instantly. By itself it does really suck with the 5 overload (and if you play it on turns 3-5 without the lava shock you won't be able to use lava shock the following turn and will be stuck passing and probably losing the game). Still, it's hard to really make much off that kinda symmetrical board clear and two cards. I guess maybe it'd be useful to clear multiple stealth'd shades or something?

By that manner the 4-mana draw isn't horrible if you can use the 2 damage efficiently and unlock the overload and get the 2 cards for 2 mana with no overload on the next turn. I guess Lava shock needs to start being used if overload cards become more common... still there's only two lava shocks and a lot more overload cards.

Can't wait to turn 1 prep ambush prep ambush
turn 2 have 6 4/4s on the board, enemy concedes.

It's weird that ambush isn't like cold blood + stealth, and just summons a spider, but whatever.

The odds on that must be crazy... what is it like 1 in 30^6 or something (roughly 1 in a billion)?

Tubie

The new Priest cards look amazing.

Might not make the class better than it is now but it sure will be a lot of fun to play.

squidyj

It just occurred to me that it isn't nearly half as bad if you play it on turn 5+ along with lava shock to unlock all the overload instantly. By itself it does really suck with the 5 overload (and if you play it on turns 3-5 without the lava shock you won't be able to use lava shock the following turn and will be stuck passing and probably losing the game). Still, it's hard to really make much off that kinda symmetrical board clear and two cards. I guess maybe it'd be useful to clear multiple stealth'd shades or something?

By that manner the 4-mana draw isn't horrible if you can use the 2 damage efficiently and unlock the overload and get the 2 cards for 2 mana with no overload on the next turn. I guess Lava shock needs to start being used if overload cards become more common... still there's only two lava shocks and a lot more overload cards.

The odds on that must be crazy... what is it like 1 in 30^6 or something (roughly 1 in a billion)?

1/36 * 1/35 * 1/34 * 1/33 * 1/32 * 1/31 < 1/30 ^ 6. just to draw all the nerubar at once, not to mention the probability of opening with 2xprep 2xambush.

Opiate

That spawn of shadows is just horrible. I understand Blizzard's desire to have multiple Priest archetypes, but so far they haven't even got control priest right. Get that solid first before trying to give Priest alternative archetypes.

Ashodin

I am going to love release day, the amount of people crying over spilt cards will be amazing. Everyone here must post their 50 packs haul!

It is really tough to judge. Even if you play it on turn 6, next turn you might get a +1/+1'd 2 drop like the totem.

But then death rattles...

Tubie

I am going to love release day, the amount of people crying over spilt cards will be amazing. Everyone here must post their 50 packs haul!

Yes it will be amazing.

I bet we get some crazy stuff like someone getting 5 legendary cards from their 50 packs or people that get none.

Dreavus

That spawn of shadows is just horrible. I understand Blizzard's desire to have multiple Priest archetypes, but so far they haven't even got control priest right. Get that solid first before trying to give Priest alternative archetypes.

Yeah, it feels like they're going for this "mutual destruction" type of card that is kind of strange. Do the shadow priest skills in WoW hurt you as well as your target, or something like that? There's shadowbomber that hits both players for 3 and this new card that hits both players for 4.

I guess the idea is that you're a priest so you can heal the damage back?

Run kezan. Hillarity ensues.

Also you play eboladin. You don't get to hate anything :p

Not even face hunter or patron warrior? Come on I'm allowed to hate that at least!

I'm telling you man I need dust to be competitive with other decks. I didn't even know there were cards that you can't craft like mad scientist or Grim Patron. I would of saved money for those stupid solo mission thing stuff. Literally the only deck I can make!

Opiate

I did not notice the sparring partner can actually taunt an enemy minion. That's really, really useful. Warriors running sparring partner should absolutely run Black Knight even when the meta doesn't clearly favor it.

gutshot

They're going to release an API for Hearthstone Soon^TM!

I've wanted a fun side project with Hearthstone and a web app with integrated API tools will be great.

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/18719271908#2

This is a mega-ton for me. Finally we could get some useful data tracking, match history, collection tracking, stat sharing, etc. etc. etc. And provided the API is robust enough, Blizzard won't have to do anything other than release it into the wild and the dev community can just go buts creating apps and websites using all that juicy data. Can't wait to get my hands on it once it goes live!

I did not notice the sparring partner can actually taunt an enemy minion. That's really, really useful. Warriors running sparring partner should absolutely run Black Knight even when the meta doesn't clearly favor it.
I ran Him in my Gazlowe Priest deck as well for extra removal with Rusty Horn. Always worked well. There's also use with weapons as well too. Bring a vulernal minion to the front. I feel like enoughpeople run Sludge Belcher anyway.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That mage deck I keep seeing with illuminator, sludge belcher, ice block, duplicates, alex...is so god damn annoying to fight.

Is that the dragon mage Kibler was playing?

Opiate

So let's talk ungimmicky priest divine spirit inner fire decks.

The biggest problem with the decks historically has always been setup: you need just the right cards to make it work. But now I feel they've really expanded the number of potential targets. Obviously death lord is great, but the 1/8 combat medic will also be good, and so will bolf. This gives priests a much less gimmicky way to put a real deck together that uses these cards.

gutshot

The biggest problem with the decks historically has always been setup: you need just the right cards to make it work. But now I feel they've really expanded the number of potential targets. Obviously death lord is great, but the 1/8 combat medic will also be good, and so will bolf. This gives priests a much less gimmicky way to put a real deck together that uses these cards.

Yup. And Confuse means that just two of those minions on the board can mean burst that is as good or better than FoN+SR.

I think that deck could be viable. I'll hopefully be playtesting it, provided I pull some Confuses.

I think the real problem remains, which is card draw. If you lose the clerics early, you are really going to struggle to survive to get all the pieces.

If you take out combo pieces to survive/draw, you are back where you started.

It'll work better, but I still don't think consistently. The deck just doesn't have enough room with draw, combo, buffs, heals (crucial) and target minions.

gutshot

How would you all rank the legendaries in the set? Mine looks something like this:

Top Tier
Varian Wrynn
Eydis Darkbane
Aviana
Justicar Trueheart

Good in the Right Deck Tier
The Mistcaller
Fjola Lightbane
Chillmaw
Rhonin
Bolf Ramshield
Eadric the Pure

Cool but Probably Not Playable Tier
Icehowl
Wilfred Fizzlebang
Nexus-Champion Saraad
Dreadscale
Confessor Paletress
Gormok the Impaler
Anub'arak

Trash Tier
Acidmaw
Skycap'n Kragg
The Skeleton Knight

I don't think there is a top tier legendary (ala Dr. Boom for Sylvanas) All these legendaries are "good in the right deck " tier at best

Varian Tier

Varian

Great

Aviana
Justicar Trueheart
Eydis Darkbane
FIola Lightbane

Good

Rhonin
Chillmaw
Eadric
Bolf
Mistcaller

Unsure

Confessor
Icehowl
Skycap'n
Wilfred Fizzlebang
Nexus Champion Saraad
Gormok
Dreadscale

Bad

Anub'arak
Acidmaw
Skeleton Knight

Legendaries in this set are kind of tough to evaluate in my opinion. So many that could be good but could also just fall flat. Here are my initial impressions though.

GREAT
Aviana
Bolf Ramshield
Varian Wrynn

GOOD
Chillmaw
Eadric the Pure
Eydis Darkbane
Justicar Trueheart
Rhonin
The Mistcaller

OKAY
Acidmaw
Confessor Paletress
Dreadscale
Fjola Lightbane
Gormok the Impaler
Nexus-Champion Saraad
Skycap'n Kragg
Wilfred Fizzlebang

BAD
Anub'arak
Icehowl
The Skeleton Knight

My list

Top Tier
Rhonin
Varian Wrynn
Aviana

Chillmaw

Good in the Right Deck Tier
The Mistcaller
Eydis Darkbane
Fjola Lightbane
Acidmaw
Bolf Ramshield
Nexus-Champion Saraad
Confessor Paletress

Cool but Probably Not Playable Tier

Eadric the Pure
Justicar Trueheart
Wilfred Fizzlebang
Dreadscale
Gormok the Impaler

Trash Tier
Icehowl
Anub'arak
Skycap'n Kragg
The Skeleton Knight

I think Rhonin is the best Legendary in the set. The end. Solid stats, cost, and there aren't any Mage decks that are played right now that don't benefit from the Deathrattle. My only complaint is that it can get BGH'd, but it'll either make room for the good doctor or be replacing him on the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom