• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

Garbage drop into garbage drop into Muster into Gormok would be game-winning amounts of tempo, I don't think he's bad at all with all this curve-cheating and token generation. Technically he's a win more-card but he fits right into aggro's game plan so he could be fairly consistent, needs some testing. Garbage into garbage into coin Implosion too.

Overall though the legendaries seem rather disappointing, so many clunky swing texts on trash bodies.

Gonna play token druid until I get the dream.

Turn 1: Living roots > coin > Living roots
Turn 2: Innervate > Gormok (hit face 8)
Turn 3: Savage roar (Hit face for 20)
Turn 4: Keeper of the Grove

edit: nvm, turn 3: Savage roar > Innervate > Power of the Wild is the bigger dream

Haunted

Ok, actually looking at some of the final cards revealed (I had mostly avoided the trickle of new cards until they were all out there), and how in the world is Dark Bargain a 6 mana card.

ViviOggi

Man Fencing Coach's joke stats are so not justified. It should have been inspire's Mechwarper but as of now there's not a single follow-up play that would make it even remotely worthwhile.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I guess the coach is meant to basically eat the cost of the hero power. 2/2 for 3 sucks but it being a battlecry instead of a persistent effect gives it some hope. Follow it with a 4 drop inspire that you can trigger right away, or hold onto it until you get multiple triggers. It's really hard for me to visualize how an inspire deck would actually look like right now.

Also I can't wait to try some horribly gimmicky mistcaller deck where I brew it back to hand and super buff the deck. It will go alongside my also awful iron juggernaut brew deck that occasionally is hilarious in casual when I feel like deleting an actual deck for it.

Man Fencing Coach's joke stats are so not justified. It should have been inspire's Mechwarper but as of now there's not a single follow-up play that would make it even remotely worthwhile.

Turn 8 fencing coach give opponents dr boom taunt into black knight.

Feel the burn.

Ugh... I'm only rank 4 and they put me up vs a person in legend at #554. WTF matchmaking?

TtcdRGX.png

jgminto

Fencing Coach probably does deserve near-broken stats if they want Inspire to become a new deck archetype. But maybe as a whole, the card set is already good enough that it doesn't need it. Though I'd say that about Mech and it has the best synergy card in the game.

ViviOggi

1 mana 2/2 is pretty good
Well, you need to really get major tempo out of that hero power to make it worthwhile. Coin Silver Hand Regent into Fencing Coach is the strongest play I'm seeing, but you both need the coin and the SHR to not die to a 3/2 or removal. As for 4-drops there's Savage Combatant whicb is actually really good if it wasn't Druid only who doesn't play witb a normal curve, Holy Champion which becomes a scarier Lightspawn but your hero power will lack a good target, and Totemcarver which is pretty decent in a vacuum. The problem is that none of the latter two plays are necessarily stronger than simply playing a good 3-drop.

Of course this is all theorycrafting and we'll have to see how it plays out in well-built decks, but really I don't think making FC a 2/3 would have been too much.

FeD.nL

I've liked Strifecro's card reviews so far. He apparently reviewed all the remaining cards on stream so that should be in the archives somewhere, probably going up on Youtube within 24 hours.

Does anyone have links to popular streamers reviewing the latest cards on Youtube or Twitch? I only follow Trump, Strifecro and Kripparrian (lol) on Youtube and I don't think anyone has uploaded the last batch yet.

Here is Strifecro reviewing the last batch for people who missed it.

ViviOggi

Since drafting the op commons is so crucial for arena Priest those two largely useless 1 mana heal cards are a bit of a bummer. At least Holy Champion is decent but still not even close to PW:S, Velen's and Cultist.

Haunted

Looking at the collection spreadsheet in the OP, it's got a lot of mistakes (probably added in with the most recent TGT update?)

Not sure if I should wait for the maker of that spreadsheet to fix things, and it also got me thinking what kind of spreadsheet everyone else is using to keep track of their collection? I know there are a bunch floating around.

Jrmint

Is the assumption that TGT is coming out Tuesday with that long maintenance? I know people were speculating the week after for a while.

Biochet

i dont know if dragon priest will be a thing after TGT, that priest 2 mana minion seems awful if you play it without a dragon but anything beats healing the opponents face turn 2 guess.

pirates are still underpowered.

orgrimmar aspirant is good for warrior in arena but its not enough.

FeD.nL

Is the assumption that TGT is coming out Tuesday with that long maintenance? I know people were speculating the week after for a while.

I like what was mentioned before in the thread that there will be a "preview" brawl with 9 premade decks, and release a week later.

Lyng

I really wish face hunters just weren't part of the game. Least fun matches by a long way.

You can add the ebola paladin into that. But as long as the ranking system clearly favors getting as many matches as possible rather then your actual skill face decks will be dominant.
Right now the rankings up to legendary are all about what time you have awailable to put into the game more than any indication of skill.

Pooya

Suddenly today, everyone plays Leeroy. haven't seen him in some time. ok whatever, you can't kill me still hehehe. Ice Block is mandatory these days, the reach some lucky face decks can get can be ridiculous. Qucikshot into Leeroy, disgusting.

This is a problem with hunter now since quick shot, before you could just estimate how safe you are depending on how many cards they have, what they are keeping what they are top decking whatever, now quickshot can be pretty ridiculous. Divine Favor is kind of similar, you vomit your hand on board and Divine Favor, suddenly you have lethal.

Raxus

Seems surprising considering no fan fare or free arena prerelease.

I hold firm that it is coming the 24th.

gutshot

Looking at the collection spreadsheet in the OP, it's got a lot of mistakes (probably added in with the most recent TGT update?)

Not sure if I should wait for the maker of that spreadsheet to fix things, and it also got me thinking what kind of spreadsheet everyone else is using to keep track of their collection? I know there are a bunch floating around.

Hey, I was updating it last night and this morning, so you may have checked it in the middle of the update and that's why it looked wonky.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

It should be good to go now, all TGT cards added. To get them on your own filled out spreadsheet, just copy the TGT sheet to your own spreadsheet (and be sure it is named "TGT"). Then just copy the new Overview sheet and paste it over your own Overview sheet and you are all set.

Let me know if you have any trouble or spot any typos/mistakes/whatever. Thanks!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok I just saved like 20 bucks or something

50 euro on iOS store, 33 euro on the android store

Borrowed a friends' android phone and got that 50 packs preorder shit

Ladekabel

Every MEch-Rogue I face has always the same cards in the starting hand. They coin out Mechwarper, I can't remove it and the next turn they play Iron Sensei and Annoy-a-Tron. Can scratch that a little bit and turn 3 is Spider-Tank. Always insta-concede when I see this. Don't want to bother with that.

Haunted

Hey, I was updating it last night and this morning, so you may have checked it in the middle of the update and that's why it looked wonky.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

It should be good to go now, all TGT cards added. To get them on your own filled out spreadsheet, just copy the TGT sheet to your own spreadsheet (and be sure it is named "TGT"). Then just copy the new Overview sheet and paste it over your own Overview sheet and you are all set.

Let me know if you have any trouble or spot any typos/mistakes/whatever. Thanks!
Ha, what unfortunate timing. Looks like I really downloaded it while you were still updating and moving things around.

Great job updating it so quickly!

One problem I have is that I added the new TGT tab into my filled out spreadsheet no problem, but when I copied over the overview sheet from the blank one, it kept the references to the blank spreadsheet I downloaded (and named Hearthstone collection TGT to differentiate it from my filled out one) in the function e.g.
Code:
=SUM('[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]Classic'!K7+'[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]GvG'!K7+'[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]TGT'!K7+'[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]Adventures'!H3)

instead of simply
Code:
=SUM(Classic!L7+GvG!L7+TGT!L7+Adventures!I3))

Happens both when I'm moving/copying the tab itself over wholesale, also when I'm copy and pasting cells. I'm sure this is a stupid user error on my part. >_>

Xanathus

After looking through all the cards, I think TGT is the first expansion where I'm totally fine not buying a single pack. I could even just craft the <10 cards that are usable.

Rapstah

I would love to see the design documents containing what deck archetypes Blizzard were trying to push with each expansion so far. Clearly agressive Paladin was one this time, but there's probably a difference between the decks they're just introducing as a concept without enough cards to actually work yet and the already viable decks they're pushing people to play.

The idea of "pushing a deck" always seemed a little weird to me since there would always be a meta no matter what cards you printed, with the extreme case being everyone playing the one viable class with the 30 viable cards for the clearly best deck. There's probably precedent from other popular "real" TCGs to be very conscious of what you're working towards like this though.

In fact I'd like to see the cards they thought were the best that ended up not being played at all even more. Did they actually think Bolvar Fordragon was going to dominate the meta or is that all a facade to hide that Paladin needed a "bad" legendary while giving other classes viable ones?

Werd

If someone plays a Deathlord against my control warrior (main deck, at least 1500 games played) I'm not exactly terrified that I'm going to lose a battlecry when a minion gets pulled. There is a reason that card ended up being nearly unplayed after a lot of hype at reveal, pulling a minion onto the field is substantial value.

It's (I think) not going to be like Boom where you reach turn 7/9 and play it 90% of the time, but a trump card you pull out when the time is right. AoE used, opponent low on cards, you've drawn BGH and such, or of course when you are facing a loss and use it to search for Belcher's, Armorsmiths or just card draw for the following turn. Obviously you can't hold it forever though with the 3 draw.

Pooya

I'm not familiar with amazon/android version, can you buy hero portraits with amazon coins too? how much are they? 1000?

Magnus

Can these awesome Amazon.com coin promos and shit work in Canada? I've been able to purchase stuff from Amazon.com and the US iTunes Store up here no problem before.

I definitely want to get some kind of good value deal on TGT packs when I inevitably buy a fuckload next month after the initial 60 I'm going to start with.

shira

Can these awesome Amazon.com coin promos and shit work in Canada? I've been able to purchase stuff from Amazon.com and the US iTunes Store up here no problem before.

I definitely want to get some kind of good value deal on TGT packs when I inevitably buy a fuckload next month after the initial 60 I'm going to start with.

Yes but you are paying USD

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not familiar with amazon/android version, can you buy hero portraits with amazon coins too? how much are they? 1000?

Yes, they're 1000 coins. I actually bought the hero portraits with coins back when coins were 20% off so I paid $8 each for the portraits.

gutshot

Ha, what unfortunate timing. Looks like I really downloaded it while you were still updating and moving things around.

Great job updating it so quickly!

One problem I have is that I added the new TGT tab into my filled out spreadsheet no problem, but when I copied over the overview sheet from the blank one, it kept the references to the blank spreadsheet I downloaded (and named Hearthstone collection TGT to differentiate it from my filled out one) in the function e.g.
Code:
=SUM('[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]Classic'!K7+'[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]GvG'!K7+'[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]TGT'!K7+'[Hearthstone Collection TGT.xlsx]Adventures'!H3)

instead of simply
Code:
=SUM(Classic!L7+GvG!L7+TGT!L7+Adventures!I3))

Happens both when I'm moving/copying the tab itself over wholesale, also when I'm copy and pasting cells. I'm sure this is a stupid user error on my part. >_>

Oh weird. Are you using Google Docs or something else like Excel? I can't replicate the issue on Google Docs. You might have to do like a right click and try one of the Paste Special options so and see if you can get it to not copy over the original file name.

Auctopus

In the brawl...

I play pyroblast and get deathwing.

Next turn I play mirror entity and the opponent plays Kelthuzad.

Chaos ensues.

Caja 117

I have been playing but, My ass is getting destroyed in normal online play!!!! I do have a quick question, for a Beginner, What is the best way to get new cards? can this be done by playing the practice, or I keep playing online until I get the hang of it, I also still not sure which Hero to use, I have used both Shaman and Druid a lot, not sure if there is something better for a Beginer. Thank you GAF.

Auctopus

I have been playing but, My ass is getting destroyed in normal online play!!!! I do have a quick question, for a Beginner, What is the best way to get new cards? can this be done by playing the practice, or I keep playing online until I get the hang of it, I also still not sure which Hero to use, I have used both Shaman and Druid a lot, not sure if there is something better for a Beginer. Thank you GAF.

- take a look a Trump's F2P Mage control deck. Build it and learn about control, trading etc.
- play the brawl and have fun, one win each week will nab you a card pack.

Fireblend

Banned

I guess you might have already done some of these things, but just in case:

- Unlock every basic class card by leveling all classes to level 10.
- Check out the Trump's teachings video linked in the OP.
- Check out this list of basic decks, build them and improve upon them as you get more cards.
- Focus your gold on unlocking the entirety of Naxxramas and at least the first wing of BRM.
- Once you have all of Naxxramas unlocked (or maybe before then) check out this improved list of decks.

Caja 117

- take a look a Trump's F2P Mage control deck. Build it and learn about control, trading etc.
- play the brawl and have fun, one win each week will nab you a card pack.

-How can I take a look at his Deck?
-one other question with Damage with Minions: When I attack another Minion the damage My minion will take is the same value as the my minion attack power?

I guess you might have already done some of these things, but just in case:

- Unlock every basic card by leveling all classes to level 10.
- Check out the Trump's teachings video linked in the OP.
- Check out this list of basic decks, improve upon them as you get more cards.
- Focus your gold on unlocking the entirety of Naxxramas and at least the first wing of BRM.

I think i wil have to do that.

Fireblend

Banned
-How can I take a look at his Deck?
-one other question with Damage with Minions: When I attack another Minion the damage My minion will take is the same value as the my minion attack power?

I think i wil have to do that.

Also, be sure to level up at least one class to level 20, since that gives you access to the Tavern Brawl mode and that gifts you one pack per week.

And as a new player, you have a free Arena ticket. Try not to waste it, I'd probably play a bit more before going into it, but whenever you do, use HearthArena for drafting.

Caja 117

One other thing, Im playing it on mobile, there is no difference in Mobile version and PC versions, right?

Again, Thank You very much GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom