• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

wait, there are people right now that can play TGT cards in constructed???

Wow, concedes apparently happens immediately with the new patch!

GRIM PATRON NERFED
if you concede you won't see your own emote, but you see opponent's emote if they concede.

Tacitus_

Getting 3 Shaman quests in a row even after rerolling is the worst torture I've ever have endured. The best deck I can build is the shitty Sheng Naxx one and as much as I try to improve it, it's impossible to win a single match with it. I think I'll just straight up give up on getting any gold until I can reroll for better quests because this just isn't any fun.

Just make a mech shaman deck, fel reavers are good but you can do it without them.

Calion

I can't find anything on Reddit about a few people able to glitch and open up packs. Is there a particular streamer who managed to do this?

Majine

Banned
Instant concedes, finally. I hate sitting there a few seconds while my humiliation settles in with 24 queued up actions.

This game has bigger problems than better versions of magma rager and bbb.

Mad scientist and boom are still not nerved although they are way under costed.

Bgh and shredder still limiting design space of new cards and playability of old ones.

People should concentrate on those issues.

inky

You make it sound like we haven't been discussing those things for months now. Why can't we concentrate on the many issues the game has, new and old included?

You hear that, arena Warrior guys? You can't complain about the state of the whole class in arena because we haven't concentrated enough on nerfing Mad Scientist first. Sorry guys, you'll have to pack it up and get in line.

depths20XX

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but it seems that Fel Reaver no longer shows burned cards? Just played a match and it didn't show the burn card animation at all so neither me or my opponent had any idea what I burned. Is this intended?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but it seems that Fel Reaver no longer shows burned cards? Just played a match and it didn't show the burn card animation at all so neither me or my opponent had any idea what I burned. Is this intended?

No i don't think so, because they also broke the victory crowns being shown, its all bugs.

Maximo

Maybe the opponent knows but not you? Could be a bug.

I can understand why they would hide burned cards from your opponent but hiding it from the owner would be a really bad change. One of the strengths of Gel Reaver is knowing what's left in your deck.

You make it sound like we haven't been discussing those things for months now. Why can't we concentrate on the many issues the game has, new and old included?

You hear that, arena Warrior guys? You can't complain about the state of the whole class in arena because we haven't concentrated enough on nerfing Mad Scientist first. Sorry guys, you'll have to pack it up and get in line.

Come on dude, i don't mean in that way and you know it, I just feel it's not that big of an issue, at least not for those two cards. Power creep is an issue and should be addressed, yes, but it's not those two cards we should talk about.
Power creep is not about strictly better cards, it's about cards that are played unproportionally more than other cards.

Cards like shredder or knife juggler or sludge belcher or boom.

Pooya

Kibler was just complaining about patron warrior on stream and how the patch didn't address it, saying that it doesn't have very high win rates in tournaments because everyone brings decks that are strong against it because it's so strong and that Leeroy Nerf and miracle rogue weren't even as bad as this even!

-------------

He gotta be the only player that plays Rend and it's hilarious how well it works for him, maybe it's not such a bad card!

inky

Come on dude, i don't mean in that way and you know it, I just feel it's not that big of an issue, at least not for those two cards. Power creep is an issue and should be addressed, yes, but it's not those two cards we should talk about.
Power creep is not about strictly better cards (heckler is a decent arena card now at least), it's about cards that are played disproportionately more than other cards.

Cards like shredder or knife juggler or sludge belcher or boom.

The cards are not a problem, but people are using the cards (which is the example we have now) to illustrate a practice that can become a problem, I think that's the difference and that it is completely fair to do.

I think you are narrowing the complaint to a few cards when in general (including what you are talking about) it is about design practices on the whole. So we are actually talking about 2 sides of the same coin when you think about it.

I've called for Mad Scientist nerfs a few times in this thread. We all know Boom is unbalanced. We understand that powerful auto-includes make the card pool small by virtue of being too strong. It just so happens that power creep (or whatever term we want to use for it) is something that's come up this time around. Many people cite Emperor as an issue right now. If the meta slows down more (which all signs point to it) it might easily become the new Boom in terms of running around unchecked on every deck, etc.

We can engage in several conversations about all these things at the same time, don't you agree? It's not about 2 specific cards, even though that's what we talk about.

Dahbomb

He gotta be the only player that plays Rend and it's hilarious how well it works for him, maybe it's not such a bad card!
Rend is no where near as bad as some people think it is.

I don't know how accurate it is, but there's a thread on reddit where someone claims people have extrapolated the rewards (using similar methods to how people have been able to open TGT packs - dunno if that is BS as well).

I wonder if the golden epics (and rares/commons) are from the entire pool of cards... I suppose so. Would be best that way anyway.
ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

inky

Rend is no where near as bad as some people think it is.

I think the stats are extremely poor, but most games they become irrelevant due to the way his deck works. Everybody runs legendaries, so he always has a target, but Rend always dies the following turn. Sometimes the swing is enough for him, sometimes it isn't.

I've seen him kill these minions with it for the small time I've been watching: Doom, Harrison, Loatheb, Emperor. All of which die just as well to a fireball (except Loatheb obvs). So it isn't like the card is secretly super powerful either. It's always fun tho.

_DrMario_

Mage has a board consisting of a couple mechs, Dr B and bots and a deathlord from mirror image.

I have a deathlord. I brawl.

Not only does Dr B win the brawl, my Deathlord dies and gives him Blast mage, his deathlord dies and gives me my second deathlord WHO THEN GETS FUCKING KILLED BY THE BOOMBOTS WHICH IN TURN GIVES HIM ANTONIDAS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The cards are not a problem, but people are using the cards (which is the example we have now) to illustrate a practice that can become a problem, I think that's the difference and that it is completely fair to do.

I think you are narrowing the complaint to a few cards when in general (including what you are talking about) it is about design practices on the whole. So we are actually talking about 2 sides of the same coin when you think about it.

I've called for Mad Scientist nerfs a few times in this thread. We all know Boom is unbalanced. We understand that powerful auto-includes make the card pool small by virtue of being too strong. It just so happens that power creep (or whatever term we want to use for it) is something that's come up this time around. Many people cite Emperor as an issue right now. If the meta slows down more (which all signs point to it) it might easily become the new Boom in terms of running around unchecked on every deck, etc.

We can engage on several conversations about all these things at the same time, don't you agree?

I'm trying to narrow the complaint to the relevant cards. And yes, I agree, we are talking about 2 sides of the same coin, but I feel the general design practice is not that important as a whole however blizzard handles it. If they decide to buff old cards, fine by me, if they decide to make better new cards based on old cards, fine by me
(well, actually slightly less fine but still fine by me)
For me the important part of changing the state of the game is the general balance between cards in the same mana slot and the balance between cards that interact with each other. So Ice rager doesn't concern my that much because it will never see play anyway.

Also: the cards I gave for examples are not the only ones that are questionable at the moment, a lot of class cards are extremely strong, especially those released in the last 2 expansions, so I don't even wanna go into that.

Dahbomb

"I don't care about X card until I start seeing it everywhere and at that time I want it to get nerfed."

Reminds me of Battle Rage.

Mad Scientist and Dr Balanced have been talked about numerous times already. Probably the two most talked about cards here.

georly

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but now that TGT cards are revealed:

Is there any one card you'd draft 30 of in arena?

I'm leaning toward swipe, still, I think.

"I don't care about X card until I start seeing it everywhere and at that time I want it to get nerfed."

Reminds me of Battle Rage.

Mad Scientist and Dr Balanced have been talked about numerous times already. Probably the two most talked about cards here.

Are you responding to me?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Which deck did you go for? Did you switch depending on the rank?

From Rank ~19 through Rank 11, I used Midrange Hunter (as detailed here). However, at Rank 11 I hit a wall, tried a variety of decks, and fell all the way down to the top of Rank 14.

At this point I used DemonZoo (using this one here, make sure to watch until he adds in the demons) and had a giant winstreak all the way up to Rank 9, but hit a wall again. The reason I picked this was because on TempoStorm, it looked like it had a good match-up against all the stuff I was facing.

Finally, I switched to this very unconventional Midrange Druid on TempoStorm that uses Sunfury Protectors, Ancient Watchers, and lots of silence. It's incredibly effective against Aggro and Patron and generally sufficient against Midrange and Control. I had a gigantic winstreak up to Rank 6 and probably an 80% winrate overall. Keep in mind that you can silence your own Ancient Watchers, and the rest should be pretty apparently.

inky

I'm trying to narrow the complaint to the relevant cards. And yes, I agree, we are talking about 2 sides of the same coin, but I feel the general design practice is not that important as a whole however blizzard handles it.

You don't, some others do and want to nip it in the bud. That's pretty much it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
From Rank ~19 through Rank 11, I used Midrange Hunter (as detailed here). However, at Rank 11 I hit a wall, tried a variety of decks, and fell all the way down to the top of Rank 14.

At this point I used DemonZoo (using this one here, make sure to watch until he adds in the demons) and had a giant winstreak all the way up to Rank 9, but hit a wall again. The reason I picked this was because on TempoStorm, it looked like it had a good match-up against all the stuff I was facing.

Finally, I switched to this very unconventional Midrange Druid on TempoStorm that uses Sunfury Protectors, Ancient Watchers, and lots of silence. It's incredibly effective against Aggro and Patron and generally sufficient against Midrange and Control. I had a gigantic winstreak up to Rank 6 and probably an 80% winrate overall. Keep in mind that you can silence your own Ancient Watchers, and the rest should be pretty apparently.
Nice stuff man, good job on rank ups and gl with the loot!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm at rank 9 right now...not sure if I should just wait a week and try to rush towards 5 when the new cards drop or keep trying now beforehand.

CoolOff

30 Bombers.

This Fel Reaver buff is quite interesting.

I'm at rank 9 right now...not sure if I should just wait a week and try to rush towards 5 when the new cards drop or keep trying now beforehand.

I'm gonna wait for people to start playing shitty Inspire- and Totem-decks and then wreck them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
30 Bombers.

This Fel Reaver buff is quite interesting.

I'm gonna wait for people to start playing shitty Inspire- and Totem-decks and then wreck them.

That's what I was thinking. Scumbag hunter while everyone is experimenting, lol.

Though maybe people will initially be trying that in casual, I can't remember how much immediate impact GvG had.

Just got back into the game as the expansion is coming out, I even pre-ordered the 50 card set and I have around 1500 gold/1600 dust all ready for the expansion.

I can't wait, I'm rank 15 right now so I'll try to do better than that. I'm also about 30 games from getting my Golden Shaman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom