• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a card has taunt and stealth, it does not have taunt until it is unstealthed.

I should of taken a screenshot but it happened to me. I had an owl and I couldn't silence it. I had a monster on the board and I couldn't hit face. Lucky for me he was at 3hp and I top deck hammer of wrath. Maybe it was a bug then?

So looks like every card now properly says what card you got from using them. Toshley, Ysera, Nefarian, Mech Yeti, etc.

....Except for Clockwork Gnome and Mech-Bear-Cat. ?????????????

Also looks like Concede got buffed. No more sitting through 45 seconds of CHARGE FORWARD! MY BLADE BE TER- MY BLADE BE TER- *SPINNING NOISES*

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
so is this the thread where I ask you guys for your battle.net name to add you?

because right now I'm only playing with 3-4 friends and randoms. I am reaaaaally bad but yeah if you want to play, just send me a PM to exchange the names.

Gotchaye

There, rank 5. Used Patron to 7ish and then Control Warrior the rest of the way. Now I can go back to Arena at least until TGT comes out.

I just drafted an Arena deck (Priest) with 4 legendaries.

Sneed's, Boom, Maexxna and Cairne. I had to pick Cairne over Rag for curve (/cry, I know).

Watch me flame out at 5 wins or something.

I just drafted an Arena deck (Priest) with 4 legendaries.

Sneed's, Boom, Maexxna and Cairne. I had to pick Cairne over Rag for curve (/cry, I know).

Watch me flame out at 5 wins or something.

Curve is good, all of them are good-great in Arena. Priest with Cairne or Maexxna can be brutal to fight.

Forkball

So according to reddit, if you switch your clock to August 24th, you can open TGT packs but you can't see the cards.

P2GUFkR.jpg

AvKy8pS.jpg

Webm of a pack opening.

FeD.nL

Hmm, don't know if it has been posted yet but I just rerolled into a 'Druid Victory' quest. Win 3 games with druid for 50g. Those are quite nice.

I'm messing around with deck builder for the first time for TGT and I am actually finding that you can build a 100% rogue class card only deck now. I don't even think it would be bad. Might not be great and somewhere between playable but not at high ranks. Maybe with some refinement it could be pretty playable.

I just thought that was interesting cause I don't think this was possible pre-tgt. I think this was because a lot of the cards they added were not combo or battlecry cards and were more likely to be included in niche/tribal decks rather than a kind of value/midrange rogue deck.

FeD.nL

First try at a token druid deck:

jYt1YHo.jpg

Kinda want to fit in a dark wispers but ah well let's see how the meta shapes up and if it even is viable but i'll definitely try to make it work.

Raxus

I can't see it.

Agreed. Totems are strong but I can't see shamans benefiting much from Inspire mechanics. Healing Wave, Totem Golem, Tuskarr Totemic and even the draw card/Totemcarver are all better (from best to 'at least playable' IMO).

I think Warriors, Priest and Mage get the most benefit out of inspire.

Druid, Rogue, Hunter, and Paladin aren't as reliable with inspire considering their synergy with mana already. Shamans and paladin are more middle ground but shaman now have a stronger early/mid game and aggro paladin is unlikely to run any inspire minions.

I also hate Strifcro ranked Master Jouster in the top 10. Card is kind of shit the more I think about it.

Win 8 out of 10 with Paladin and Mage in Ranked.
Lose 8 out of 10 with Warlock and Shaman in Casual.

SAVE ME TOURNEY

I was struggling around rank 13 as control warrior. Thought fuck it and threw together an eboladin deck.

7 wins in a row :|

See you next month ranked. That three days after TGT before everybody net decks will be glorious.

Raxus

For the record my 10 favorite cards (in no particular order) from the set.

• Darnassus Aspirant (Panther Rider)
  • Ram Wrangler
  • Competetive Spirit
  • Healing Wave
  • Varian Wynn
  • Justicar Trueheart
  • Eydis Darkbane/Fjola Lightbane
  • Chillmaw
  • Totem Golem
  • Tuskarr Jouster

Honorable Mentions:
Aviana, Confessor Paletress, Polymorph Boar, Fallen Hero, Lock and Load, Tuskarr Totemic, Undercity Valiant/Cutpurse, Burgle, Sea Plunderer. Sparring Partner.

Quick explanation of each. These cards may not set the world on fire but they are ranked by play ability and how sorely a class needs them.

Panther Rider: This card fills so may roles it is crazy. An autoinclude in nearly any ramp druid deck and even token druid. 2 drop body with wild growth. Forces your opponent to do poor trades or risk big minions dropping sooner. Can combo with multiple cards and works well overall with druid. Probably in my top 3 of the set hands down.

Ram Rangler: It was between this and Lock and Load and I have really warmed up to Ram Rangler after the odds of getting a good beast was posted. A shot in the arm midrange needed more than Lock and Load. It further builds tempo, gets a couple decent bodies on the board and can turn games around. Lock and Load has a little more flexibility but the odds aren't as favored as RR.

Competitive Spirit: We have seen the arrival of aggroden and this card just boosts it to new heights. Card is high risk with a huge payoff and will probably be the bane of many in the future. Watch out for this one.

Healing Wave: Who knew one could be so excited for a heal spell? Alone it isn't great but combined with the introduction to several new shaman cards it becomes amazing. This card will shift in and out based on the meta but expect it to be in every non-arena shaman deck for a long long time. It is a reliable heal even if the joust fails and the counter to hunter shaman has been missing for ages.

Varian Wynn: Battlecry: Change the composition of control warrior to include this card. Arguably the best class legendary, this along with several new cards all warrior to rise in the ranks once more. Combines well with the new Chillmaw and Sparring Partner.

Justicar Trueheart: If your deck runs inspire then chances are you will be including this in it. Justicar helps the classes (IMO) that benefit from Inspire the most. Warrior, Priest and Mage. I could be wrong about the card we will have to wait and see.

The Bane Duo: Already strong 3 drops with crazy effects. These cards effect two decks greatly. Mech and Priest. Particularly priest who already has strong and cheap buffs that combine well with their already broken effect. Jury is still out on which of the two is better.

Chillmaw: Pretty much the card that brings dragon decks together. A sorely needed legendary taunt. Should enable dragon decks to be viable outside of warlock.

Totem Golem: Again, a sorely needed cards for shaman. While unimpressive at first it fits in with several notable shaman cards introduced this set and will likely be in every shaman for the foreseeable future.

Tuskarr Jouster:
Barely made the list but it is nice to see control paladins still get some love. Great stats on its own with the added bonus of a very likely chance to get a healbot effect. Seeing how quickly healbot caught on I wouldn't be surprised if this did the same.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
all I want in my life is to play a shaman without it being gimmicky as fun (OTK with WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

I noticed there doesn't seem to be any powerhouse neutral legendary cards that can be slotted into just about any deck. Most of the neutral legendary cards seem to require specific deck builds or board states to work well. I think the closest we are getting is justicar and that card doesn't seem problematic or even that uniform because it affects each class in very different ways.

Magnus

God damn. Another 827mb patch today? I just downloaded a similarly sized patch last week. Which one was patch 3.0??

Sucks that I can't play on my commute now. :(

Auctopus

I think Ranked difficulty is easing off. I was getting crushed at the beginning of season, raging me right up. Now I've gone from 19 to 15 in under 2-3 hours play.

V-Faction

Speaking of Shaman, I wish Tuskarr and Golem didn't conflict with each other's mana curve. Then again, if you summon TG out of TT, I suppose it's moot. Though, I think Totem Golem-->Another Totem Golem/Whirling Zap-o-matic/Another 2-drop will be the favorite play.

However, despite that, I don't think "Totem" Shaman is all that & a bag of chips. I'd love to see the testing, but I think it's missing one more component. Thunderbluff Valiant gives your Totems some bite, but it's a Turn 5 play that needs to be complimented by Fencing Coach to really have any chance getting off the ground. What's missing is some way to reliably get MORE and MORE Totems. I'm talking, 'Tuskarr Valiant' or some such. Totemic is great, I love the instant value of a Battlecry, but suppose Shamans had 1 more Inspire card that read "Inspire: Summon a random Totem." The card would fall inline with Savage Combatant or Silver Hand Regent, which are cards that scale with a Druid's or Paladin's Hero Power nicely. Because as it stands, I'm not worried about Shamans buffing their Totems so much as I am worried about them surviving any set up. Totem Carver seems like the weak link here, especially when there are many other good 4-drops (like Fireguard Destroyer for instance). And, in a deck like a Totem deck, both Mistcaller and Justicar Trueheart are essential pieces at the 6-mana level, so you will be constantly fighting for that Turn 5/6 play.

On the other hand, I think "Destruction" Shaman is my latest favorite. Shamans already had some pretty good tools for killing their own minions, and now I think Elemental Destruction compliments that style even further, because now you can include damage triggers as an AoE effect. For a while now I've been giving it some thought and there are tons of ways to turn EleDestrc's downside into a a huge benefit. (Also, most brainstorming ideas have had Ancestral Knowledge and Healing Wave autoincluded somewhere in the decks. It feels nice now to have access to those options in the class)

Switching gears, Mysterious Challenger feels like it gets the most value out of a combination from the following secrets: Noble Sacrifice -> into Avenge -> into Competitive Spirit -> into Redemption if need be. With nothing on the board, your Challenger will be the target of every buff. I'm wondering if it'll be worth running secrets in Paladin, because the effect is such a all-encompassing one. You basically get one shotgun-esque shot to pull off your tricks. EDIT: And Strifecro is talking about it, too.

Forkball

As I got my third Lay on Hands today, I thought of an idea: rerolling cards. You know how you can reroll quests you don't want to do? How about rerolling cards you don't want? With every pack you open, you can choose one card to reroll. When you reroll, you will get a different card with the same rarity. So if you reroll a common, you will just get another common. Since this is a bit too consumer friendly, maybe they could charge you something like 10 gold to reroll a card.

Pooya

God damn. Another 827mb patch today? I just downloaded a similarly sized patch last week. Which one was patch 3.0??

Sucks that I can't play on my commute now. :(

On iOS/Android, you download the whole game again when there is a patch, PC patch that added TGT was just 150MB.

iirate

I haven't written up a list, so it may be unfeasible, but I have a feeling whatever form shaman takes, totems will be a supplemental theme rather than the focus, much like Recruits are for paladin. My current inclination is to think that we might see dragon shaman + totems.

Opiate

Strifecro listed his top 10 cards that will impact the game:

1) Thunder Bluff Valiant (forces opponents to totem stomp even if you aren't holding it in your hand)
2) Totem Golem (incredibly strong 2 drop)
3) Twilight Guardian (makes dragon decks far more viable generally)
4) Tuskarr Totemic (very strong tempo play)
5) Rhonin (believes it will be very strong in tempo mage)
6) Varian Wrynn (tempo swing for Control Warrior)
7) Darnassus Aspirant (strong 2 drop, counter to mirror entity)
8) Alexstrasza's Champion (strong card, makes Dragon Warrior more viable)
9) Argent Horserider (Eboladin)
10) Master Jouster (argument: super OP joust effect, will be important in any heavy aggro meta)

Wild Card: Mysterious Challenger (Paladin Super Mad Scientist)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Flamewalker-Mirror Image-Always Huffler lethal the dream.

After hitting a wall at rank 7 with Face Hunter I switched to Mid Range.

After losing a bunch of games in a row getting used to it (dropping to rank 8), it finally started to click. Then I realized that Mad Scientist in that deck is more trouble than he's worth. Getting a Frozen Trap out at the wrong time can really hurt you, like it activating on a Shield Maiden or anything with an annoying battlecry. Against aggro, returning a 1/1 token to their hand isn't all that great either. And that's 4 slots that could be used with stuff that actually lets you control the board instead.

I know it sounds sacrilegious, but after a bunch of games with them out, the deck is definitely stronger. I was able to get to the middle of rank 6 somewhat easily and I can definitely see me getting to rank 5 with this.

So IMO Mad Scientist is not enough value in mid range. Everyone knows you're playing Frozen and can easily play around it. Even if you were to switch to Misdirection, playing around Freezing also plays around Misdirection for the most part. Explosive can also hurt you in certain match ups (Patron, comes to mind). Mad Scientist is still great in Face Hunter though.

I subbed in a copy of the 3 mana card that kills a random minion. I really don't know why it isn't more popular. It's not very good in face hunter when he has a board full of stuff, but in mid range you are actively fighting for board control, so more times than not it reads: "kill target minion", since there's only one. I usually get very good value out of it, I'm almost considering running 2, but that might be too much.

Pooya

I feel Polymorph Boar is just way better than Sheep, it's almost power creep!

It's one mana less and if you have Justicar or a Fallen Hero, it still can be be poly+ping to clear any minion. On top of that you have the added offensive capability. It's just too good. Typically you save your sheeps for late game big targets, I don't think it makes a big difference here, you can play Justicar well before then. Even if things go bad, two damage to kill something isn't a big deal.

I feel it could be really good in a tempo mage deck with mirror images and violet teacher too. It will be so fun to experiment with it.

Effigy and this are both quite exciting, rest of mage cards are meh to ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom