• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not going to be so tiny if they did give out gold legendaries. You just need to look at the state of the ladder now to see that effects gold legendaries would have.

I used classic as an example because classic still has the best ratio of playable legendaries to unplayable ones.

inky

How about a "soulbound" golden legendary? (can't be disenchanted).

Would that be better or worse? Not that I want any particular thing to happen or it affects me in any way.

If one can hit legend every month, they deserve to get good loot.

Think about what rewards really do though. If there is a great reward, lots of people will want it. If people want it? The way to get it is to grind the lamest shit over and over until you get there.

That isn't good for Hearthstone.

Even the chest system is too simplistic and flawed. Watch the first week of every season by an Eboladin (Or whatever the latest fad is) to rank 5. Sure this happened to some extent before, but it'll be worse now.

When blizzard reward people for deck creativity it is time to give out rewards.

If the prize is too big, all hell breaks lose

tumblr_ll3znz9e091qazkdco1_r1_500.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Unreal. Vs. a mech mage, I aldor their fel and burn a shitton of cards and they still manage to get double fireball through topdecks.

Man Mech Mage has been back in full force now.

People are going maximum Grim Patron counter heavy now with all these Mech Mage, Ramp Druids and Handlocks everywhere. People have had enough of the Patron shenanigans!

Mech Mage is a tier 1 deck on Tempostorm's snapshot this week as well, only behind Patron Warrior. I'd expect to keep seeing quite a bit of it.

Finalow

gotta love having an awful arena run *with mage* because opponent is always dropping 2 monsters each turn while I get garbage draws. I had less than 5-6 spells in that deck, solid curve too.
at some point I even used flamestrike to kill 4 but then he obviously has Divine Favor and draws 4 more monsters. the pack was awful as well.

caesar

Banned
Or Control Warrior, or Mid-Range Druid... Tempo Mage has a positive matchup too, especially when the Patron pilot isn't top tier

Who is playing control warrior?

Mid range isn't favourable but it isn't that bad either.

Theres like 3 varieties of tempo mage so it depends.

Dahbomb

Mech Mage is a tier 1 deck on Tempostorm's snapshot this week as well, only behind Patron Warrior. I'd expect to keep seeing quite a bit of it.
This has to be the first time since the first week of BRM where Grim Patron wasn't the best deck in the game.

Edit: NVM misread the post. Grim Patron still the best.

johnsmith

remember me
Grim Patron is still the best. The other tier 1 decks have been rotating in and out on a weekly basis, but Patron has been steady.

Papercuts

Yeah, I'm seeing a ton of mech mage at rank 6 right now. One win from 5 and I can abandon this hell hole.

NipBrWq.png

Final match ended with a warlock using power overwhelming on a voidwalker at the end of his turn to summon a flame imp. Instant concede.
Emoticon_laugh.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

How to Hearthstone meta:

1. Wait for Tempostorm's meta snapshot to be released that week.
2. Look at Tier 1 decks
3. Pick the deck that counters the highest number of Tier 1 decks. Because everybody else is going to play the Tier 1 decks.
4. Observe as your deck becomes new Tier 1 deck
5. Rinse and repeat

ZealousD

Not sure how good enter the coliseum will be. I haven't given it a lot of thought yet and I'm not even sure how it works with multiple minions of the same attack being on board.

I think Enter the Coliseum makes sense in control against aggro or midrange. And mostly the aggro decks that are just a bit beefier and play the control game against hyper aggro, like Tempo Mage, Mech Mage, or Zoo. Equality+Consecrate or just Consecrate by itself isn't that great when you have those slightly beefier minions.I think it's probably a better board clear than Lightbomb in cases like that.

squidyj

i'm not sold on coliseum. too much mana for the removal. equality consecrate takes 2 cards and costs just as much mana for an asymmetric board clear. The value is that two turns earlier you can play consecration to generally wipe an aggro board or wipe out a major threat with equality.

ZealousD

i'm not sold on coliseum. too much mana for the removal. equality consecrate takes 2 cards and costs just as much mana for an asymmetric board clear. The value is that two turns earlier you can play consecration to generally wipe an aggro board or wipe out a major threat with equality.

It's not that it replaces Equality+Consecrate. It gives you another option. Sometimes you don't get equality and consecrate in your hand at the same time. It helps you in some matchups, and I think it might be better than Lightbomb in many cases. Exception being Handlock, which is a good matchup for Paladin anyway.

Opiate

It's not that it replaces Equality+Consecrate. It gives you another option. Sometimes you don't get equality and consecrate in your hand at the same time. It helps you in some matchups, and I think it might be better than Lightbomb in many cases. Exception being Handlock, which is a good matchup for Paladin anyway.

That's definitely true, but there are diminishing returns here. Equality + Concecrate + Enter the Colosseum is a lot of deck space.

squidyj

Thinking about quest strategy, I was full up with a 40 gold quest, free pack quiest, and 50 gold quest, thankfully I could complete the 50 gold without having to reroll the 40, so I did the 50 then rerolled the 40 which came out as a 50.

If I get a 60 tomorrow am I best off rolling my pack into gold? (want tgt packs not classic packs).

I dunno what the value is to reroll a 50. am I more likely to lose or gain?

Aomber

So, how does HearthstoneGAF feel about Blackrock Mountain? I just got back into Hearthstone, looking at the cards it seems really obvious that Wing 1 is worth getting, MAYBE wing 2?

I'm not so sure about the rest of the wings though (in terms of the cards specifically), am I right in thinking this? Just wondering cause I might just pay the 7 bucks or whatever for the first wing and call it a day.

Xanathus

So, how does HearthstoneGAF feel about Blackrock Mountain? I just got back into Hearthstone, looking at the cards it seems really obvious that Wing 1 is worth getting, MAYBE wing 2?

I'm not so sure about the rest of the wings though (in terms of the cards specifically), am I right in thinking this? Just wondering cause I might just pay the 7 bucks or whatever for the first wing and call it a day.

Yeah wing 1 gives the most bang for your buck for Emperor Thaurissan. Wing 2 for Imp Gang Boss. Maaaaaybe Wing 4 if you want to play Tempo Mage because Flamewaker is so good.

squidyj

I don't even remember what all the cards are.

Edit: If you ever want to make a dragon deck you'll need them all pretty much. We'll probably see more fireguard destroyers out and about after TGT launches too.

squidyj

Wing 1: Thaurissan is pretty much used all over so you'll want him. quick shot fits into a lot of hunter decks. Grim Patron is pretty much the deck to beat right now, so there's a lot of value here.

Wing 2: druid of the flame if Beast druid gets off the ground with TGT? Lava Shock if TGT cards make it worth running. Imp Gang boss works out in Zoo and some demon based decks. Blackwing Tech is a great Dragon synergy card so you'll want that if you're running dragon decks. Wing 2 is okay but more niche, the legendary is garbage tier.

Wing 3: There's Dragon Consort for Dragon paladin and maybe Twilight Whelp for Dragon Priest (sort of iffy). Also Rend for Dragon decks. Pretty weak wing overall.

Wing 4: Flamewaker is sweet for tempo mages, Fireguard Destroyer is quite good, and then you get chromaggus.

Wing 5: Dragons dragons and more dragons, the big pickup here is blackwing corruptor for your dragon decks, and then Nefarian as a big dude that gives you sacrificial pact for trolden videos (also he's a dragon).

Wing 1 is huge, Wings 2 and 4 are pretty okay, wing 3 and 5 are sort of niche and only useful for running dragon decks.

That's definitely true, but there are diminishing returns here. Equality + Concecrate + Enter the Colosseum is a lot of deck space.
Just run Abusive Sargents and Dark Iron Dwarves to tilt the spell in your favor! Shame Power Overwhelming is only Friendly minions or we could see some creative plays with the random spell generators.

Could even technically use Nightmare as well but that takes a whole turn before minion is destroyed.

Granted I don't see Control Paladins using cards buff cards to tip the scales of Enter the Colosseum but it is possible. Worst thing about it is if you use buff minions they're just going to die when you vast the spell.

Aomber

Oh sweet thanks for all the info! Hmm seems like I'll have to give this some thought, it sounds like I'll either buy just the first wing or just go for all of them since buying like 2 or 3 wings only is probably not the best value for money.

EDIT: Also subbed

Papercuts

Just run Abusive Sargents and Dark Iron Dwarves to tilt the spell in your favor! Shame Power Overwhelming is only Friendly minions or we could see some creative plays with the random spell generators.

Could even technically use Nightmare as well but that takes a whole turn before minion is destroyed.

Granted I don't see Control Paladins using cards buff cards to tip the scales of Enter the Colosseum but it is possible. Worst thing about it is if you use buff minions they're just going to die when you vast the spell.

Buffs can be good if double BGH becomes a thing(if the meta slows enough I could see it). Multiple synergies would be great.

ZealousD

Winning Arena match as Shaman by getting taunt totem 3 times in a row

Best feel

No, best feel is when you go into Casual with a 30 legendaries deck and manage to win against some legit decks. I lost to everybody but a Druid and Freeze Mage, lol.

Peléo

What do you guys think?

Bravo.

Amazing for combo priest.

Holy Fire + Unarmed Soldier is a 3 mana, 5/5 with charge.

Also, good with any kind of buffing minion, eg:

Turn 1 coin + flametongue totem
Turn 2 Unarmed Soldier

Overall, feels like this card would really benefit empty board Burst/Combo-esque decks.

Peléo

People can quote me right now and put me on blast later on.

Mysterior Challenger will be ridiculous.

I would like to hear your opinion, cause I am not entirely sold on that card.

If you build a deck around it, you will probably be using 3-4 single secrets. While Mad Scientist is a early drop, Mysterious Challenger is at least turn 5 + coin. This means you have chances of drawing 1-mana secrets earlier in the game, thus, not gaining full value from challenger. Also, you are spending 4 slots for cards that might no be useful when sitting in your hand.

Buffs can be good if double BGH becomes a thing(if the meta slows enough I could see it). Multiple synergies would be great.
Yeah when I was running a Druid deck I ran a Sargent for kicks for the extra BGH use. Don't remember how often I pulled it off but he did come in handy for a few wins with needed damage on Leathal.

Dahbomb

Peléo;176256750 said:
I would like to hear your opinion, cause I am not entirely sold on that card.

If you build a deck around it, you will probably be using 3-4 single secrets. While Mad Scientist is a early drop, Mysterious Challenger is at least turn 5 + coin. This means you have chances of drawing 1-mana secrets earlier in the game, thus, not gaining full value from challenger. Also, you are spending 4 slots for cards that might no be useful when sitting in your hand.
I explained it in the following post.

Having 3-4 Secret slots is fine in Mage/Hunter decks, should be fine in Paladin decks too. Yeah they aren't as strong as those Secrets but getting them for free off of Scientist/Mysterious Challenger still makes them decent.

Again this is a left field prediction... not something that even I am 100% sure on. I am sure people will make decks around it and see how it stacks up. I am sure you can make a playable deck with it that can do some work but will it be better than the standard Midrange Paladin or Aggro Paladin, that's an entirely different question altogether (chances are no).

Papercuts

anybody got any thoughts on this deck? I dont have a lot of cards so obviously its gonna be a bit whack. Trying for controlish but I sadly dont have some of the better pld control cards

I think you have too many one ofs that would help having two of even though you already pointed out missing stuff. Either way divine favor is pretty bad without being an aggressive variant, if you don't have lay on hands I'd try solemn vigil instead since it looks like you got BRM cards, it's really good with muster.

The double hammers of wrath seem like overkill on top of truesilvers and consecrates (solemn would help the draw you take out here). Piloted shredders would be good in its place if you have them. I would cut the humilities as well but you probably only have one aldor. Also, dragon consort feels a little weird since you only have one other dragon, I think even stranglethorn tiger would fit more if you just want stats.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
anybody got any thoughts on this deck? I dont have a lot of cards so obviously its gonna be a bit whack. Trying for controlish but I sadly dont have some of the better pld control cards

Get rid of that Dragon Consort for sure if you only have one card to combo it with and get rid of Divine Favor for sure if you're going controlish.

I don't know what cards you have that could replace them, but from the basic deck, Blessing of Kings might work better. One Holy Light could help too.

You could also always consider crafting a couple of Piloted Shredders for super cheap, that card is good enough to put in pretty much every non-gimmick deck.

ZealousD

Play Mysterious Challenger. Avenge and Noble Sacrifice go into play.
Opponent attacks with a minion.
Noble Sac pops out, dies, then avenge buffs the Mysterious Challenger.
Mysterious Challenger gets BGH'd.

That's kind of the nightmare.

Dahbomb

Play Mysterious Challenger. Avenge and Noble Sacrifice go into play.
Opponent attacks with a minion.
Noble Sac pops out, dies, then avenge buffs the Mysterious Challenger.
Mysterious Challenger gets BGH'd.

That's kind of the nightmare.
Yeah similar thing can happen with Competitive Spirit + Avenge combo.

But at least with Competitive Spirit you get to attack before getting BGH'd as it activates on your turn.

I think you have too many one ofs that would help having two of even though you already pointed out missing stuff. Either way divine favor is pretty bad without being an aggressive variant, if you don't have lay on hands I'd try solemn vigil instead since it looks like you got BRM cards, it's really good with muster.

The double hammers of wrath seem like overkill on top of truesilvers and consecrates (solemn would help the draw you take out here). Piloted shredders would be good in its place if you have them. I would cut the humilities as well but you probably only have one aldor. Also, dragon consort feels a little weird since you only have one other dragon, I think even stranglethorn tiger would fit more if you just want stats.

Get rid of that Dragon Consort for sure if you only have one card to combo it with and get rid of Divine Favor for sure if you're going controlish.

I don't know what cards you have that could replace them, but from the basic deck, Blessing of Kings might work better. One Holy Light could help too.

You could also always consider crafting a couple of Piloted Shredders for super cheap, that card is good enough to put in pretty much every non-gimmick deck.

okay. I do have 2 piloted shredders I can put in. I did have a bit more dragons but i yea dont think enough to really warrant a full dragon deck which is kinda what I wanted to make.

Yea only one aldor peacekeeper and no lay on hands. so Ill try the solemn vigils

Dahbomb

Man Warriors must really, really hate Shredders.

That thing ends up doing like 8-10 damage on average to Warriors if they had to remove the two parts with a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom