• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

How come these combo druids always have savage roar, innervate, FoN, wild growth??? They don't even try to draw cards. Herp derp here is this shade you can't kill, here is a coin innervated emperor, might as well concede there. Patrons don't get this lucky ever /rant

Opiate you still want that 50% off code?

Otherwise its up for grabs for everyone else.

Ugh all these Eboladin scrubs, please slow the game down TGT the meta is in such a bad spot.

Daaaamn!!!!

I had such a good paladin game going against a Druid, dude even used tree of life and I got him back down to 8 in one turn. But he fatigued me in the end and won!!!!

He's got a story to tell his grandkids that's for sure.

So I spent this weekend finishing off blackrock and building a strong deck for each class. If I focus on a few in particular I get bored. I'm only 19 so it's not a big deal, but so far they're all pretty competitive but most of all really fun. Hopefully I'll get enough time in to get a good sense of what works so I'll know what tweaks to make tomorrow.

Also desperately need Doc Boom and Archmage. Might have to dust some golds if I don't get enough tomorrow.

Frenden

Banned
Holy shit. I just had the craziest streak of pack RNG I've experienced since the beta.

I won the Amaz raffle, bought 40, and got multiple golden epics, rares, and legendaries in the same pack over and over.

I got over 5000 dust in dupes, IIRC, and didn't even disenchant some of the golden epics.

I stopped taking screenshots at a point because the multiple rare and epics per pack became rote.

Wow.

Rapstah

I wish Trump would review himself reviewing card expansions more. He reviewed himself reviewing Naxx right around the release of GVG, but there were so many more cards in GVG that his reviews for those cards were way more wrong than his reviews of Naxx cards.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just get to rank 5, its only slightly harder to get to.

But the Hunters and Paladins

I have been trying and despite climbing slowly its soul crushing realising these people are dominating the ladder and reaping the rewards

Owzers

it's disappointing when i lose ranked matches because the other player has better cards, like the two warlocks i just lost at rank 13 who drop every Warlock exclusive rare and the two legendaries. My mediocre priest deck just wants to live off of mediocre hunters/paladins/shaman decks. I'd like this game a lot more if they didn't charge for Arena.

Forkball

it's disappointing when i lose ranked matches because the other player has better cards, like the two warlocks i just lost at rank 13 who drop every Warlock exclusive rare and the two legendaries. My mediocre priest deck just wants to live off of mediocre hunters/paladins/shaman decks. I'd like this game a lot more if they didn't charge for Arena.

Well you can use gold.

And really if you need a lot of cards to flesh out your decks, you should be using your gold for packs instead of arena runs. Yes, you can potentially earn a lot from a good arena run, but if you just keep going 0-3 or 2-3, you're better off just using that 100 gold you get every other day on packs so you can build more robust decks for ranked play.

cHinzo

w00t I got to rank 14! Question is can I stay there...

Who wants to stay there when u can go up! :D

I'm stuck at rank 10 with no motivation to climb, because I only got one deck to play and it's been boring as fck. One of the reasons I prefer playing Arena. Much more variety.

Santiako

Well, I caved and bought the 40 packs for 50% off as I still lack most of the legendaries and epics.

I got 6 new epics, 3 golden commons, 4 golden rares, Grommash and Golden Nozdormu (and Old-Murk Eye because I got the epic murloc that I didn't have before). Not bad at all.

That Golden Nozdormu is going to become an Antonidas soon :p

Owzers

Well you can use gold.

And really if you need a lot of cards to flesh out your decks, you should be using your gold for packs instead of arena runs. Yes, you can potentially earn a lot from a good arena run, but if you just keep going 0-3 or 2-3, you're better off just using that 100 gold you get every other day on packs so you can build more robust decks for ranked play.

I rarely ever play arena because of this, yet Arena is the only thing i want to play because i don't like dealing with constructed...which is probably why they charge for Arena.

Xanathus

Darkbomb was revealed before they nerfed Soulfire so of course everyone would rate it badly. Enhance-o Mechanic was and is decent as a 1 of in zoo. Antique Healbot was only played in Handlock and Freeze Mage and Freeze Mage was hardly played at the time because it was pretty bad without Emperor. Troggzor was revealed before Miracle Rogue got nerfed to the ground completely and the meta was spell heavy. Most of the predictions were fairly correct at the time they were made before Blizzard made changes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
To be fair Trogzor would be played if Dr.Boom was not as ridiculous as it is.

Troggzor is more of a tech card. He is really poor against aggro decks. He's only good against control decks that use spells as their removal, like Control Warrior. And currently he's actually a liability against Patron.

Antique Healbot was only played in Handlock and Freeze Mage and Freeze Mage was hardly played at the time because it was pretty bad without Emperor.

It basically replaced Earthen Ring Farseer in Rogue and it also became a 1-of tech choice in certain other decks like Paladin. It's also popular in control mage decks. Antique Healbot is way better than those in the video gave it credit for.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Been playing a lot of arena lately and I know everyone likes to say its obvious that mage/paladin are top tier but I think rogue is actually by far my winningest class in arena. Last 5 arena runs with rogue were 8, 12, 12, 7, 12.

I definitely have more 12 win runs with rogue than mage.

ZealousD

I will never tire of that 4-man discussion where they go from Troggzor to Boom and are like "well this next card is shit because it DOES die to BGH.".

And then ThatsAdmirable is like "this should have been a 6/7". People only say that now when they're trolling everybody, but he was completely serious.

Xanathus

One more thing about that video is that it cherry picks the very few cards that people got wrong (and as I said some weren't even wrong at the time). What about the 90% of other cards that predictions got right? Similar things happened with BRM and similar things are going to happen with TGT predictions as well.

ZealousD

One more thing about that video is that it cherry picks the very few cards that people got wrong (and as I said some weren't even wrong at the time). What about the 90% of other cards that predictions got right? Similar things happened with BRM and similar things are going to happen with TGT predictions as well.

The point is that you shouldn't just take streamer consensus as gospel and try the cards out for yourself. All of these people did not have access to the cards or experience with them at the time they are testing, so if you think a card seems good, try it out! Don't trust the pros unconditionally. And bringing up Dr. Boom and how it was misvalued is actually a very important point. It became the best card in the set even though it dies to BGH. So understanding why Dr. Boom was misvalued is key to understanding what makes a good late game card. Just saying "card dies to BGH" isn't good enough to kill a card. And the ability to dodge BGH doesn't necessarily make it good either, ie Troggzor.

Also it's funny, come on.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Seeing how many cards pros got right is nowhere near as entertaining as laughing at them for things they got wrong. And so this will continue forever.

So my bet is still "some point during the evening of 24th".
That's the safest bet. I personally don't remember Blizzard games ever getting release times based on regions. It's always been PST, or whatever time California runs.

Servers never seem to hold up that we'll either so chances are it'll be a but frustrating in the beginning. Though I can't remember how GvG went over on its release.

That's the safest bet. I personally don't remember Blizzard games ever getting release times based on regions. It's always been PST, or whatever time California runs.

Servers never seem to hold up that we'll either so chances are it'll be a but frustrating in the beginning. Though I can't remember how GvG went over on its release.

I'm pretty sure they did NA->EU->Asia in that order for gvg.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
First time I've seen that, too funny.

Set for tomorrow, 50 prepaid packs and 5000 gold. Can't wait!

Same, saved up 5000 gold anticipating a new expansion, glad it has paid off! tempted on getting an extra 60 cards after the initial 100, but i'll see what i get tomorrow first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom