• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

So, I'm seeing Reynad doing his event live on stage right now.

Kinda surreal. It's almost like it's an act.

I don't see any GAFers here.

Haha challenger is dreadsteeding.

Trolled with a twisting nether.

V-Faction

clav

First time I've done one of these things. People are pretty antisocial here, hanging out in their own groups and cliques.

CoolOff

People are pretty antisocial here,

People talk about the crazy RNG about how it determined that match up. I really disagree. Hyped could have proc'd the noble sacrifice the turn before without really any downside. If the same line of play followed (which likely would have been the case), then he could have hero powered the 1 hp minion guaranteed avenge on shredder to be silenced and possibly swiped or swiped off later.

There was no real downside to hero powering face to trigger noble sac the turn before, and not doing so turned out to be a real difference. So it definitely more than just RNG going on that turned that game around from RDU. It was one seemingly small mistake that led to hyped having to rely on RNG going his way.

Dahbomb

I wonder what Hearthstone would be like w/o Piloted Shredder
Mech decks would use Mech Yetis. Tempo Mage as well. Defensive classes might use Senjin or Refreshment Vendor. Priest might use Holy Champion, Druids Savage Combatant and Violet Teachers. Warlocks have Twilight Drakes and Void Caller. Dragon decks have Twilight Guardian and Dragonkin Sorcerer. Shamans have that overload 4 drop. Rogues have Violet Teacher.

It's really Mirange Hunters and Paladins that are lacking a solid 4 drop for their class and thus would be most affected by no Shredder. Paladins can use the 4 mana slot to play their Truesilver GG, Kings or Consecrate but Hunters just have Core Rager in that slot.

Maybe Paladins can use Dark Iron Dwarf? Maybe Spellbreaker? Maybe since there's no Shredder in the meta then players would use Evil Heckler.

Opiate

I wonder what Hearthstone would be like w/o Piloted Shredder

It would unquestionably be less interesting to watch. The meta tends to get stale at the top, once the top 5-10 decks are decided on and show up at every tournament. Things like Lightwell or Doomsayer out of shredder or Ragnaros rng or Blingtron out of unstable shredder shake up that staleness.

ZZMitch

Just had an opponent Lightbomb my board to kill a bunch of stuff and a damaged KelThuzad. Too bad I had Effigy in play and it spawned another KelThuzad :D

There is nothing worse/better then hearing "THE END IS COMING!" after a Shredder dies. It is simultaneously the luckiest and unluckiest thing you can have happen depending on who has board control.

The thing about Shredder is that he will probably be around forever because 2 drops will keep getting stronger. Even though he was weakened by that Druid mana crystal card, he was also strengthened by Totem Golem.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lifecoach suffers from some horrible disease where he needs to see a rope before snapping out of his catatonic episodes.

Hupsel

Maaaan every time I try to make a new rogue deck its just very hard to get new cards. Some cards look like they belong to every rogue deck idk why... stuff like SI Agent, Preparation, deadly poison, blade flurry, Sap, eviscerate... its like in every rogue deck half of your cards are these by default : /

You guys also have this problem? Maybe Blizz needs to pay rogue a little bit more love. I hope the class gets some new options... its one of the least played :/ Also doesnt help that its one of the least played in WoW so people usually are "meh" with it.

Maaaan every time I try to make a new rogue deck its just very hard to get new cards. Some cards look like they belong to every rogue deck idk why... stuff like SI Agent, Preparation, deadly poison, blade flurry, Sap, eviscerate... its like in every rogue deck half of your cards are these by default : /

You guys also have this problem? Maybe Blizz needs to pay rogue a little bit more love. I hope the class gets some new options... its one of the least played :/ Also doesnt help that its one of the least played in WoW so people usually are "meh" with it.

Not nearly as bad as Druid, where most decks need Innervate, Wild Growth, Swipe, combo, Keepers, Druid of the Claw and Lores at the bare minimum. Priest used to be bad for this as well, but with the rise of dragons it's a little better. Kolento's list is very class card heavy though.

Rogue seems to be garbage right now. Burgle might be okay, I guess? The big panda card is pretty good if you can save the coin for it. Cutpurse would be a top-tier card if it had Charge, because there's no way the opponent is going to let it live. Neither of them really helps Oil Rogue though, which is really the only playable archetype. Pirates are still missing a couple of cards to be really good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I feel like this when I try to make a Priest deck too(before dragons anyway).

I messed around with a Pirate Rogue deck earlier today and I could not win a game with it. Very disappointed.

I do want to play more Rogue, it easily has to be my least used class.

I still think tempo rogue has a solid chance of making a decent deck.

They've been really just too safe with rogue cards lately. Poisoned blade could have been 3 mana easily and perhaps even 2 mana if they wanted to print a risky card.

In a weird way the card does kind of fit into rogue cause rogue hero power later in the game is kinda weak whereas maybe this makes it slightly better. It does take too much mana investment to get it going though cause at 6 mana to get a 2/3 weapon, why not play asassin's blade which gets you a 3/4 for 5. Would be much better at 3 mana, potentially playable there I think. And maybe even good at 2 mana. Perhaps even better than good at 2 mana, which is still okay for a card to be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom