• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Damage is better than health.

You can win off of damage, you can't win off of health.

This is why Flash Heal heals for 5, Sinister Strike hits for 3, and Arcane Shot hits for 2.

Opiate

So, a "better" Hero ability for Warrior = 4 armour, for Priest = 4 health, for Hunter = ... 3 damage?

Wtf?

It's the same reason that heals in World of Warcraft are larger than damage output; reactive abilities (Such as healing and armoring up) need to be better than pro-active abilities.

greepoman

Assuming you run two of both, there's about a 25% chance of not drawing either until Turn 7 (assuming no other card draw). Unlikely, but not improbable.

How about this one...13 minions in my rogue deck ...against a druid so I want some minions to apply pressure and none in opening hand so I mulligan everything. Still no minions fifteen! cards into my deck and dead to savage roar. Now that's improbable.

KuroNeeko

See? That's why I really like Kolento and Strifecro.

Just two down-to-earth doods who are good at what they do. They won, but kept it classy.

Ekop is trying to be like the Dennis Rodman of Cloud9, when he's clearly the weakest link.

I love that face Kolento shoots him after he says, "Get rekt, TempoStorm."

Was pretty surprised there were no GGs at the end of each match since they were sitting right next to each other.

Zukuu

Banned
16/20 Imp-Losions dealt min-roll 2 damage. I seriously think the card is bugged.

Edit: Make that 22/26. 6 Times in a row now.

Dahbomb

If you are losing as Hunter then it's helpful to post what you are losing against and the list that you are using. Most likely the problem lies in your plays, your mulligans and how you react to different match ups.

So karma does work. Maybe try to actually EARN wins? :p
This is funny coming from a guy running a deck that uses Knife Juggler + Implosion.

If you are losing as Hunter then it's helpful to post what you are losing against and the list that you are using. Most likely the problem lies in your plays, your mulligans and how you react to different match ups.

This is funny coming from a guy running a deck that uses Knife Juggler + Implosion.

wkJs8If.png

ill try to record a video, but Ive been playing midrange hunter for this ladder season and it just doesnt seem to work well for me. I dont think Im playing each turn right since it always seems like I never have an answer to what other people drop. Especially later turns. I definitely have no idea on what to do against grim patron.

ill try to record a video, but Ive been playing midrange hunter for this ladder season and it just doesnt seem to work well for me. I dont think Im playing each turn right since it always seems like I never have an answer to what other people drop. Especially later turns. I definitely have no idea on what to do against grim patron.

That's a pretty weird list honestly.

For midrange I would ditch Glaivezooka, Call Pet, Explosive Trap, one King's Elekk (maybe both).

I'd add second Freezing Trap, Bear Trap/Snake Trap, second Mad Scientist, second Piloted Shredder.

I'm not too familiar with Hunter honestly but that's what my initial changes would be.

Dahbomb

I see the problem already.

Remove Call Pet and put in a second Mad Scientist. Then remove the two King's Elekk for two Knife Jugglers instead. I would also weave in a second Freezing Trap in there if possible or a 2nd Shredder.

For this deck you aren't the person who is supposed to be answering what the other guy throws at you... you are the one who knocks. You are the one answering questions and they have to answer you.

The way you are supposed to play this deck is that you get out a Mad Scientist and force your opponent to kill it then gain tempo from it. Force your opponent to attack into you while you have the weapon equip then you keep going face. If they play some garbage minion to try to use up the trap then you remove it and continue to go face.

Example:

It's turn 2, you play Scientist they play Juggler and some other minion. On turn 3 you trade with Scientist into Juggler then kill his other minion with the Eaglehorn Bow, Mad Scientist spawns a Freezing Trap. Next turn they play a Shredder, you play yours... and you hold the bow. They are forced to either hold the Shredder attack and play another minion or they try to attack with Shredder and it goes back in to their hand, giving you tempo and extra bow charge to hit face with.

Freezing Trap + Bow play is what allows this type of Hunter to play its game. Mad Scientist enables it. You just keep playing threats on curve. 1 drop Webspinner, 2 drop Creeper or Scientist (try to save Jugglers for UTH combo if possible or other combos with the juggles like after you play a Creeper and trade it in), 3 drop Animal Companion, 4 drop Shredder, 5 drop some combination of spell/hero power or Loatheb, 6 drop Highmane, 7 drop Dr Balanced. Use Quickshots/Kill Command to remove crucial minions only. Play proactive not reactive.

That's a pretty weird list honestly.

For midrange I would ditch Glaivezooka, Call Pet, Explosive Trap, one King's Elekk (maybe both).

I'd add second Freezing Trap, Bear Trap/Snake Trap, second Mad Scientist, second Piloted Shredder.

I'm not too familiar with Hunter honestly but that's what my initial changes would be.

I see the problem already.

Remove Call Pet and put in a second Mad Scientist. Then remove the two King's Elekk for two Knife Jugglers instead. I would also weave in a second Freezing Trap in there if possible or a 2nd Shredder.

For this deck you aren't the person who is supposed to be answer what the other guy throws at you... you are the one who knocks. You are the one answering questions and they have to answer you.

I had two jugglers in there, but I guess they never really did much for me so I took them out. I put in call pet b/c of draw but that was just like 5 minutes ago

t's turn 2, you play Scientist they play Juggler and some other minion. On turn 3 you trade with Scientist into Juggler then kill his other minion with the Eaglehorn Bow, Mad Scientist spawns a Freezing Trap. Next turn they play a Shredder, you play yours... and you hold the bow. They are forced to either hold the Shredder attack and play another minion or they try to attack with Shredder and it goes back in to their hand, giving you tempo and extra bow charge to hit face with.

Freezing Trap + Bow play is what allows this type of Hunter to play its game. Mad Scientist enables it. You just keep playing threats on curve. 1 drop Webspinner, 2 drop Creeper or Scientist (try to save Jugglers for UTH combo if possible or other combos with the juggles like after you play a Creeper and trade it in), 3 drop Animal Companion, 4 drop Shredder, 5 drop some combination of spell/hero power or Loatheb, 6 drop Highmane, 7 drop Dr Balanced. Use Quickshots/Kill Command to remove crucial minions only. Play proactive not reactive.

isnt this just super based on the initial draw then? Maybe thats the issue where I dont have a perfect opening and just crumble

Dahbomb

I had two jugglers in there, but I guess they never really did much for me so I took them out. I put in call pet b/c of draw but that was just like 5 minutes ago
You should be saving Knife Jugglers more often than not for UTH. Knife Juggler is only played when you have nothing better to play. On turn 2 you should be playing Creepers and Mad Scientist, after that Animal Companion then Shredder etc.

You also use Juggler comboed with Hunter's Mark. It's a very efficient way to kill a minion with some luck.

Juggler + UTH is crucial in this Paladin meta. I would even consider Powershot over Explosive Trap just so you have more control when you get that AOE clear.

This deck doesn't need draws. You are playing like one card a turn for the most part and you generally want to finish the game by turn 8-9 and that's usually before you run out of cards. You aren't vomiting your hand like the other aggro decks but you aren't playing for the late game either.

You should be saving Knife Jugglers more often than not for UTH. Knife Juggler is only played when you have nothing better to play. On turn 2 you should be playing Creepers and Mad Scientist, after that Animal Companion then Shredder etc.

You also use Juggler comboed with Hunter's Mark. It's a very efficient way to kill a minion with some luck.

Juggler + UTH is crucial in this Paladin meta. I would even consider Powershot over Explosive Trap just so you have more control when you get that AOE clear.

This deck doesn't need draws. You are playing like one card a turn for the most part and you generally want to finish the game by turn 8-9 and that's usually before you run out of cards. You aren't vomiting your hand like the other aggro decks but you aren't playing for the late game either.

ok

zoukka

Savage combatant is interesting but in ladder it's way too aggro to work against face decks. It's a card that punishes opponents that don't hold removal or shredders but gets punished by any 4 damage spell or 4 attack minion. Card is not consistent.

Acinixys

I really wish there were more neutrals that interacted with weapons

Now that Shaman has 4 weapons and a potential to heal for 28 every game, I would love to see a Shaman weapon deck

Spiteful Smith is a nice start but is way to inconsistent to play in ladder

Ive tried to play a hybrid midrange/weapon Shaman but its way to slow

Plus every enemy seems to have a Harrison in hand when I play Doomhammer
rage.gif

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
It absolutely does. That's not just his (And my) opinion: actual data suggests that Patron has a very low (As in sub-50%) win rate on ladder, according to hearth stats.

Which suggests that the deck is actively bad unless you know what you're doing. That doesn't mean the deck isn't OP, but it's not easy to play well.

I'm probably just annoyed by the bullshit burst solitaire. I look forward to the likely nerf.

Pooya

Golden Control Shaman on ladder :eek: full package with earth elemental and Neptulan. He got Murloc Knight from it... He both times successfully unlocked his overload with that spell. game went into fatigue, got rekt.

Next game.... mill rogue wtf is happening on ladder... I welcome the variety today, it was fun.

Next game, probably the worst patron player I've ever seen, he was golden too and actually all greetings through the game, me playing midrange paladin couldn't be any less favored here. He just played berserkers and I just killed them with true silver, thanks?

Patron turn man, I couldn't believe how easily I cleared his board as they were all 3/2 or 3/1 nooooob. I'm not sure what he was digging after second patron and warsong died. He drew his whole deck, no Grom. I won with 20+ health. His hand definitely wasn't bad, he just sucked. If you're this bad why you even emote.

ViviOggi

Patron is the hardest deck ever to pilot well consistently tbh

Freeze Mage is actual solitaire with the occasional difficult clutch turn

FeD.nL

For anyone that missed it a VOD of the caster Jeopardy last night.

Even though some of the production mess ups I'm really enjoying the finals so far. Great atmosphere, these kind of tournaments are always the most fun to watch.

Auctopus

Always impressed by ranked matchmaking how Blizzard has an algorithm to bring out the cancer decks when you're on the verge of a rank up.

Heropon

I don't know why but when I get paladin in arena I have to face the craziest decks and my record is 4 wins with him. There was a warrior with all the weapons and he destroyed my face.

At least the pack was pretty good with an Ancient of Lore.

Levi

Banned
What's even the fucking point of expansions when I go into ranked and 6 of the 7 games I play today are face hunter.

Hupsel

Confessor is so cool, my fav card. She can be either good or completely shit but damn its so cool when you play her, she summon something and you just get hyped all of a sudden waiting to see what it is. I got lucky yesterday against a pally, she gave me Leroy then Alakyr... or whatever his name is. The scum secret pally conceded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom