• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

wait they're doing a rematch? Ropecoach had that game!

Also the part where he roped a turn one where the only valid play was pass was pretty good.

ropecoach gonna rope.

Maximo

God dam first Arena since TGT came out and I come out blazing with my first 12 wins!
2 Packs - TGT and Classic, 245 gold and a Golden Freezing Trap, not bad not bad.
Also Mukla's Champion plus 2 Muster For Battles is some insane shit in Arena.

Hupsel

Im watching some streams and not kidding, starting at rank 5 you face pallys 70% o the time? The other 20% warrior and the rest mage, druid...
facepalm.gif

Why are the qualifiers happening on random twitch channels?

Will be on Gnimsh's channel tomorrow, my absolute least favorite caster

Also, there is WAY too much time between games

Dragon Priest is fun but I get the worst hands. Every time I start with Azure Drake + Northshire Cleric + 1 drop dragon is balanced out by the times i cant play anything until turn 3.

Also seems to suck against face, even with Wyrmrest Agent because nothing can beat hoot hoot

I've been having a lot of luck against every class except secret paladin with my midrange hunter, too bad every time I get on a win streak I run into one. Got down to bare rank 8 before quitting for the night.

Why do people put so much emphasis on ram wranglers in the current meta? There are so many low cost beasts, half the time you're playing a 3/3 to summon a 3/2. A 5 mana card with 6/5 stats is dumpster tier. Even when you summon a stranglethorn tiger, is a 5 mana 8/8 spread across 2 cards something you would play just as a single card? Without battlecry or effects its a hard bargain. I'll keep soldiering on.

Pooya

What happened at tiebreaker match? I know there is a rematch, but is it still 1-0 like it is on scoreboard?

i officially fuckin give up on dragon priest

maybe that shit works when you have twilight guardian, but i dont, so fuck it!!!!

lol why you thought people suddenly running dragon priest? Without Guardians no dragon deck is any good.

Playing control Warrior and I run into the one fucking Handlock on ladder twice in a row. Fantastic.

Don't know why anyone with a brain would play Handlock with all the secret Paladins around.

I've dusted off my old gvg control paladin deck and upgraded it to TGT standards.

phantom_train_2.png

I've made it curve out much better due to the more minion heavy early games people are playing now.

Trying out deathlord because of double equality, aldors, and eadric. Working out really well so far.

And I am trying out flame juggler because the 2/3 stat allocation is simply better than 3/2 for my purposes. And I'd imagine it is great for dropping on turn 2 against other 2/3s or shielded minibots. So far I am liking it.

There are a couple of cards I am considering...
gormok the impaler
justicar trueheart
lay on hands

ViviOggi

Dude Rogue is so fucking strong in arena

Best answers to filthy Paladin early drops and when they go for their silly inspire shenanigans I've already set up lethal

Ladekabel

They really need to buff Dr. Boom. It's nice that you get 9/9 worth of stats but the 1 damage to the face the Boombots make is worthless. Dr. 7 on the other should get nerfed. Clearing my board with their ability to damage my minions for four is insane.

Pooya

Dr. Boom is balanced right now, with all the 1/1s on board boom bots don't do the work as much.

Sylvanas is mostly just a 6 mana 5/5 that summons a 1/1 on death.

Ragnaros lol why would you even play that.

playing midrange paladin turned into suffering, I go up and down all day with the most ridiculous bad luck. Like DC when opponent has 4 life and I have truesilver...

Switched to face paladin, rank 5 achieved in 30 minutes.

Ladekabel

Is this real life?

Maybe this is just fantasy.

Since I opened Varian Wrynn when TGT launched and kinda lost the interest in playing Patron I wanted to play him so I built this deck:

Been pretty succesful with it on casual but have yet to try it on ranked. Anyone got some suggestions? Don't have Shield Slam, Grommash, Sylvanas, Ysera, Alextrasza, Geddon or some other expensive card that is played in Control Warrior.

ViviOggi

Without Shield Slams you're lacking half of CW's premium removal kit so going more midrange like you did makes sense. In that archetype Varian will hardly be relevant though at which point you might as well play Paladin.

I'd also cut at least one Shield Block as it's little more than an overcosted cycle without the Shield Slams.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Been pretty succesful with it on casual but have yet to try it on ranked. Anyone got some suggestions? Don't have Shield Slam, Grommash, Sylvanas, Ysera, Alextrasza, Geddon or some other expensive card that is played in Control Warrior.
Shield Slam and Grommash are such essential pieces of playing control warrior that attempting to play the deck without the basic removal tools or its finisher seems kind of crazy.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Got a 5 druid/rogue wins quest. :( I play neither, but I don't want to reroll a 60g quest. Anyone got a fairly cheap cookiecutter deck I can grind out in casual?

Hupsel

Patron vs Patron on European qualifier zzz

How would you guys nerf this shitty deck? Increase patron mana cost? Also berserker gaining attack based on your friendly minions only.

Footos22

Just beat a mage solely with one secret keeper lol. he must of had no clearance at all, then had a game against another paladin and cos I obv knew what secrets he had I just launched shit 1-1s to trigger it all. Then followed up with defender of Argus and a Murloc Knight combo. He just quit probably ran out of secrets. Rank 14 woo. Been stuck at 15 for a week.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Patron vs Patron on European qualifier zzz

How would you guys nerf this shitty deck? Increase patron mana cost? Also berserker gaining attack based on your friendly minions only.

The problem with nerfing a lot of the staple Patron cards is that you are also essentially nerfing the potential for any kind of aggro-enrage warrior.

I don't want to nerf Patron, because it is barely relevant in any other class. I at least want it to be a viable pick for some other class, like Mage.

I don't want to nerf Frothing Berserker, because while it is a very strong card, it is only overpowered in Patron. For an aggro-enrage warrior to be an archetype, it has to remain as it is.

I don't want to nerf Battle Rage, because that would also be a key component in an aggro-enrage warrior, and I also think its power level is completely fair, even in a Patron deck. Getting an insane draw is actually pretty hard to get. I don't even think it's as strong as Divine Favor.

I also don't want to eliminate the deck from play entirely, because as a deck it is very difficult to play properly and I think its fair for a high skill deck to be one of the strongest in the game.

Personally, I really only think Patron is insane in the cases where the Patron Warrior gets truly insane damage from things like triple whirlwind effects or incredibly effective Emperors. So I would try one of these two changes.

1. I would swap the attack and health on Warsong Commander. That would cap the potential damage you could get from the wombo combo. You could no longer do a triple whirlwind and still attack with any new Patrons. Patron would still be one of the stronger decks in the game, they're just knocked down a peg. And a nerf like this only really affects some kind of deck that tries to do some kind of wombo combo with Warsong Commander, so it only hits combo warrior decks. Decks like aggro-enrage are essentially unaffected.

2. Nerf Thaurissan. Basically, just change his effect to a battlecry. Thaurissan is strong enough as it is with just one proc. I don't think you need multiple procs of his ability to make him viable. Thaurissan is truly disgusting in any scenario where he gets two procs, so I don't even mind that other decks are affected, since they don't really need two procs to be viable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom